Chapter 12

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: I Know You Care by Ellie Goulding

————————————————————————————

“Thank you. If that is all, I would like to talk to Anna some more.” Samchon said as Seung-hoon oppa stood up and excused himself. When it was Mark’s turn to leave, I grabbed his hand and tugging it stopping him from leaving.

Mark looked at me startled but I diverted my attention to samchon. “Can Mark stay? I want him here.”

“Anna, it’s okay. You need to catch up with your uncle.” Mark tried to reason to me but I wasn’t budging. “Samchon….”

“It’s okay Mark you can stay.” Samchon said and I smiled in relief as I turned to look at Mark while he’s nodding slightly in acknowledgement. I pulled his hand once again urging him to sit back down. I’m not really sure what samchon wants to talk about but I guess he just wants to catch up.

“Do you guys want anything?” Samchon asked while he reached for the phone on the side table. Now that everything’s okay, I’m starting to feel my hunger and I nodded to him and let him know that I want a light snack. He gave instruction to the person on the phone before finally turning back to the matter at hand.

“So, Anna how are you doing?” Samchon asked me as the snacks were served.

“Uhmm, great I guess. I’m actually really happy these days.” I informed him as I looked at Mark with warmth knowing that he was making me happy ever since the first time we met. I just didn’t realized before how much of my happiness was due to him. Mark smiled back at me as he take hold of my hand briefly before letting it go again.

“That’s great. Uhmmm, how is your mom?” I turned to samchon with a smile on my face.

“Mom’s great, both my parents are doing great actually. Geunde samchon, why is it that you stopped seeing me? Is it because of my appa?” Now that my emotions has somewhat stabilized, I’m curious as to why my uncle suddenly disappeared. I know my appa’s death was a difficult period but for someone who was like a second father to me, it doesn’t make sense that he was gone in my life to the point that I didn’t remembered him.

Samchon took a deep sigh before answering. “Anna, it was partly about your dad but it was more about what happened after his death.” 

“Oh—“ I now know the reason why. Something happened to me after my father’s death; something that is hard to discuss. I closed my eyes trying to block the onslaught of unpleasant memories as I try to breathe calmly. I then felt a hand touching my back and my eyes snapped open and turned to see Mark’s concerned face as he rubs reassuring patterns on my back. I gave him a small smile hoping it will help ease his worries.

“I want you to know that I actually did try to see you after your father’s death. I actually flew in the States right after but then your mom said that you were going through some tough times and we thought that it’s best to let you adjust to what happened and to let you grieve. But if I’m being honest, I think I’m just scared that you’ll be mad at me. I blame myself for not being able to stop your dad but I….” I tried so hard not to cry as I keep my emotions calm but my chest got tighter and my breathing heavier as I get frustrated learning that another aspect of my life lost as I tried to pull myself together after my father’s death.

“No no oh samchon. It’s not your fault. It’s not anybody’s fault. Samchon please, that was a long time ago. But isn’t it crazy that we were this close to each other without realizing?” I tried shaking of the sad atmosphere and perked up as I hope that it will distract them from the sad fact.

“Yes you’re actually right. When did you moved back here?” Samchon laughed at that fact and I smiled as well as I leaned back comfortably with Mark’s arm around me. As crazy as it is, being close to him like this is so natural that I didn’t even noticed that we assumed this comfortable and close position.

“About two years ago, right around I graduated from college. I’m helping manage the branch here and I am overseeing the construction of the branch in Jeju. You should come to the opening samchon. You and imo can stay there for free.” I excitedly tell him about all that I am doing right now. Of course it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter