Chapter 1

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton

—————————————————————

“Hi honey, are you about to head out?” That’s my mom. She always make sure that she catch me right before I leave my apartment. I am an only child and after I moved here to South Korea last year, we sort of had this routine where she checks up on me while she and my dad are about to have dinner. They live in New York where my dad, or my step-dad rather, manages his chain of luxury boutique hotels from the headquarters there and where my mom helps my dad in managing the hotels. 

“Hey mom! Yup I’m about to head out. Is daddy there?” I answered as I was getting ready to leave my apartment. I live in an apartment complex that is only a 15-minute walk from Serenity Hotel Seoul.

“Hi sweetheart, daddy’s here. Do you need anything?” And that is my step-dad Robert Dawson. He’s actually a great dad and he’s been my rock. I would’ve taken his name, but I love my late father so much that out of respect, I kept his last name.

“Uhmm, I’m scheduled to meet with the developers for the site in Jeju Island next week. Are you sure you don’t want to be here for it?”

Because of my young age, people, especially investors, developers, and anyone in between, do not necessarily trust me or my judgment and the building of Serenity Hotel Jeju is such a huge deal in getting our brand in one of the top destinations in Asia. Although my dad has been training me since I was 16, I don’t really have an actual work experience outside of that. Usually my dad and mom are front and center in overseeing the development of the new hotel but he asked me to oversee it on his behalf since I’m here anyway.

“I’m sure you’ll do great sweetheart. I really trust in you. Remember when you recommended that we pursue the site in Venice despite the obvious hesitation of the board and how our Venice branch is now one of our top earners? Not only that, but the fact that the hotel is so in demand even members of the Royal family have been opting to stay there.” 

I did an independent feasibility study on building a branch in Venice when we were vacationing there when I was 18. I didn’t expect that the location of the hotel and the exclusivity that it provided would be a huge hit that it actually put Serenity Hotels in the map of Europe allowing us easy entry in other top European destinations. My parents were really proud of me but I still think it was a lucky break and not so much as having the business intuition.

I took a deep sigh before answering, “Okay dad, if you’re really sure about it. Anyway, I’m gonna head out now. There’s this big account coming in the hotel. Some company wants to book the suites for two months.” 

“Alright honey. Take care and we love you!”

I can’t help but smile and respond that I love them both; they are everything to me. Anyway, I checked my watch and I really need to rush now. I dropped by Starbucks on the way to the hotel to get my caffeine fix.

When I entered the coffee shop, some crew greeted me as I’m a regular here. I waved back and proceeded to fall in line. In front of me is a young man I think around my age wearing a hoodie matching with sunglasses and face mask, which is weird but hey to each his own.

“Your total sir is 6,200 won.” The cashier told the man in front of me when the person started patting his pockets and hoodie I guess looking for cash.

“I’m sorry, I think I forgot to bring cash with me..” The young man trailed off embarrassingly as the cashier only looked at here blankly. Seeing that he is in a dilemma, I didn’t hesitate to offer and pay for his drinks. What is $6 compared to having your caffeine fix.

“Minah-ssi, I’ll just pay for his drinks.” I said as I extended my card to her and then looked up to the still unrecognizable man and smiled.

“Uhhmmmm, thank you so much. I don’t know how can I repay you.” The man said quietly as I just shake my head no.

“Aniyeyo, it's okay. Just pay it forward if you can.” I told him as his order was finally called. He hesitated leaving before turning to me saying thank you one last time.

Staff greeted me as soon as I entered the hotel. “Annyeonghasaeyo, Kim sajangnim.” Serenity Hotel Seoul was only built about two years ago. When I decided to move to Korea, my dad thought that it would be a good opportunity for me to oversee the growth of the new branch. I don’t really have an actual position in the management and I am not quite a general manager although I help in overseeing the hotel operations. I actually have an operations manager and resident manager that helps in overseeing the day to day operation of the hotel. What they do is consult me with big accounts and important changes in the management such as the company booking that I’ve mentioned before. 

As I settled in my office, Choi bujangnim, the resident manager, hurriedly entered.

“Good morning, Anna-ssi.” Although I am technically their boss, I asked them to be comfortable with me and to just call me Anna but Choi bujangnim insists to at least address me in the appropriate manner and I just let her be; it’s so much better than continuously be addressed as sajangnim.

“Oh Choi bujangnim, is that the company request?” I said as I looked at the folder that she was carrying as she took a seat.

“Yes Anna-ssi. They are requesting to book the entire 7th floor and has requested for additional security and privacy for that floor. The company is actually JYP Entertainment and I’ve checked around and I found out that their company dormitory is being renovated.” 

Hmmm, so it’s an entertainment company. I guess it makes sense that they are looking for temporary accommodation for their staff near their office. JYPE Building is actually just a couple of blocks from the hotel so it’ll be more accessible. And this will be one of the biggest accounts of the branch considering that it just opened.

“Do you know how many guests will be staying then? Were we able to arrange the change in accommodation for the guests that was supposed to stay but will overlap during the first week? I think we can offer a complimentary one night accommodation for them for the hassle.” 

“Yes we were able to arrange the alternate accommodations and a complimentary stay was also offered, the guests were grateful. According to the company’s initial request, 7 pax will accommodate the Arcadian Suite and then 4 pax for the Tranquil Suite.” Choi bujangnim relayed.

“And they will be staying for 2 months right?” I looked up to Choi bujangnim after I skimmed through the company’s request.

“Yes initially they will be staying for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter