Chapter 21

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for this chapter: XO by John Mayer Cover

Full Playlist: Apple Music and Youtube

————————————————
The boys will not have the much awaited break until the end of the year after their done with the last of the year end festivals. But in between, Mark has a free time so we spent it visiting the orphanage. I ended up crying as Sophie has started to become more and more clingy to me and has thrown tantrums when I leave her side for a bit. It breaks my heart to see that little angel crying and Mark consoled me all the way back home.

We holed ourselves up in my place for the rest of the day as we have an important event to attend to tomorrow. I woke up the following day thoroughly but deliciously sore as Mark continues to sleep beside me. Last night, he surprised me with a romantic dinner at my place but he won’t tell me who helped him prepare.

Today, he’ll be accompanying me to an art exhibit by the beneficiaries of my father’s foundation, the Kim Min Jun Foundation. Ever since I established the foundation, I’ve never attended any of the art exhibition because of my trauma. I’ve been to recitals and live performances but never the art exhibition that is why today is a monumental event.

Mark has already finished changing into his suit as I check him out with the mirror while putting on my earrings as I wear the necklace that he gave me. We shared a brief smile as Mark stood up from the bed and approached me leaning down to give me a back hug.

“Are you nervous?” He asked. I shook my head and I turned around to face him.

“No, I think I’m more excited.” I said as I grabbed his hand that is cupping my face. “You’ll do great babe.” He added.

Because of the fact that the event will be covered by the media mostly from society pages, Mark will mostly stay behind the scenes. I’ve requested from the organizers to give me 20-minutes of privacy just for Mark and I to explore the exhibit all to ourselves before they open the doors. 

The Kim Min Jun Annual Art Exhibition has attracted the elites of the elites, it has become a sought after event by Asia’s High Society. Socialites coming from different parts of Asia flock the exhibition annually; some to truly support the arts while for some it became a status symbol to be able to purchase some of the artworks for auction. The artworks will stay displayed on the foundation’s own museum for a year before they will be auctioned off during next year’s annual exhibition. So this year, the artworks from last year will be sold to the highest bidders. We usually display 15 of the best artworks from our artists all over Asia. I’m proud that Kim Min Jun Foundation grew into so much prominence that we have three major locations; the North Americas, Europe and Asia.

Mark and I finally arrived at the museum as the foundation director welcomed me.

“Anna, welcome. Oh my gosh, I’m so glad that you finally decided to attend this year’s exhibition.” I hugged Kim Min Young but I call her Mimi. We’ve met while we we’re both in New York and I’ve been so impressed with the work she’s done there that I offered her the position here in Asia.

“Thanks Mimi, I can’t wait.” I said hugging her back.

“Truly, everyone will go ballistic when they see you at the event. They will lose their minds when they realized that you will be gracing them by your presence.” She continued holding both my shoulders after we pulled apart. I just laughed at what she said. As I’ve mentioned, me being here is a huge deal.

“Mimi, I want you to meet my boyfriend. Mimi Mark, Mark Mimi.” I said introducing them both.

“Hi nice to meet you.” Mark said as he shook her hands.

“Likewise. Anna, you didn’t tell me that you’re dating Mark from GOT7.” Mimi turned to me saying as I blushed in embarrassment.

“Ssssh. We’re trying to be discreet about it.” I said to her as we started walking towards the exhibition floor.

“Well, I’m glad you’ve found someone. Mark, you are real lucky to bag a girl like Anna. If I wasn’t happily married and straight, I would totally date her.” Oh did I mention that Mimi has no filter? Like at all? Yup. “Anyway, I’ll come bac

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter