Chapter 15

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: Passenger Seat by Stephen Speaks

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

We spent our time at the orphanage feeding the kids and playing games with them as well as reading them some books. Some of the older children recognized Mark and they clung on to him while he sang some of GOT7 songs. He’s always shy when it comes to singing but I think because they are the easiest kids and he felt comfortable with them, he sung verses to them; not passing up the opportunity, I recorded him. We left the orphanage at around 4 PM after Sophie settled down when we promised to go back soon. Mark and I walked side by side arms around each other back to the car. 

“Thank you for being patient with the kids.” I told him after a moment of comfortable silence.

“Hmmmm, they are really good kids. I had fun, thank you for bringing me here.” Mark said as he squeezed me in tighter.

“They really are. I try to visit as much as possible. It’s just crazy how some of them were abandoned by their parents, you know, specially Sophie. She was left at the orphanage last year and somehow she clung to me and started calling me Mama. She’s just the sweetest thing.” I told him as we finally reached my car.

“Yeah. Babe, let’s go back here as much as possible.” Mark told me as we entered the car.

I smiled back at him leaning in for a kiss. “You are amazing, do you know that?” I told him as I stared at his face lovingly. Mark kissed me again as response.

“Come on, let’s go drop by my parents place to pick up something.” I told him as we both pulled apart. 


My parents bought a house outside of Seoul where they stay whenever they are here. Because of the commute, my dad bought me a place near the hotel. I pulled inside the gated house and parked the car in the garage. Someone just drops by everyday to clean up the place and make sure that everything’s in order. Mark and I both alighted the car and I directed him towards the door as I unlocked it when all of I sudden he picked me up bridal style making me shrieked before laughing so hard. He finally put me down once we reached the living area when I suddenly ran away making Mark ran after me as well. He finally caught up to me on the hallway leading towards the dining area tickling me.

“Babe, babe. Please stop, stop. UNCLE UNCLE UNCLE!” I shouted in surrender as I fell on the floor trying to catch my breath as Mark continued to laugh. My attention was then caught by someone clearing their throat. “Ahem ahem.”

Shocked to see the source of the sound, I immediately stood up as Mark took a protective stance in front of me. “Dad?” I said as I moved forward and then broke into a sprint as I hugged my dad.

“Ahahaha, oh sweetheart. Happy birthday.” My dad said while hugging me tight while pressing a loving kiss on my head and then I saw my mom. “Mommy.”

“Hello honey, I missed you so much.” My mom told me as I let go of my dad to hug my mom. I then turned around to face Mark. “Uhmmm, mom, dad, I want you to meet my boyfriend Mark. Mark, these are my parents.

“It’s nice to meet you Mr. and Mrs. Dawson.” Mark greeted them formally while offering his hand to my dad which my dad held. “Is this the man that your mom’s talking about?” My dad asked.

“DAD! MOM!” I exclaimed embarrassed, did my parents really discussed my love life on the down low? I glanced nervously at Mark who was now sporting a blush on his face.

“Oh hush honey, of course I told your dad. Aigoo, it’s nice to finally meet the young man that is making our daughter happy. Call me mom, Mrs. Dawson is my mother-in-law. And call this old buffoon here dad.” My mom said as she gave Mark a hug. I can only look helplessly in embarrassment as Mark hugged my mom awkwardly.

“Anyway, what are you guys doing here? I thought you were on your way to Paris?” I asked prying my mom from my boyfriend as I put my arm on Mark’s waist while giving it a reassuring rub. I can only imagine what he is feeling now meeting my parents unexpectedly. “Wait, you aren’t my package are you?”

My dad laughed before answering. “Of course, it’s my little princess’ birthday. We have to be here.” I hugged him one more time before giving him a kiss.

“You guys are just in time for dinner. We were waiting for you since lunch time. Come come, let’s eat.” My mom said as she directed us towards the dining area where my dad followed suit.

I waited for Mark standing beside him and holding his hands  as he looked at me while giving him a sheepish smile. “I’m sorry babe, it seems our dinner plans were ruined.”

“Oh babe, it’s okay. Your parents being here is more important than the dinner. I know you miss them so much and I’m happy that they are here.” I tiptoed giving him a quick kiss.

“You are too good to me.” I said as I leaned my head on his shoulder and feeling him kissed my head.

“It’s nothing babe. Come on, let’s go have dinner with your parents.” He said as we walked towards the di

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter