Chapter 14

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: So Into You by Tamia

———————————————————————————————

I slowly creeped into the pitch black ballroom when all of sudden I was flooded with bright lights and loud sound. “SURPRISE!!!!” I put my hands on my ears startled as my eyes started to adjust to the brightness.

“Saeng il chuk ha ham ni da
saeng il chuk ha ham ni da
sarang ha neun Anna-ssi
saeng il chuk ha ham ni da”

“Wha…at?” I uttered stunned and speechless as present in the room are GOT7 members, Seung-hoon Oppa, driver-oppa and coordi-noonas as well as most of my staff. Still confused, Mark stepped out cake on hand and started walking towards me with the biggest smile.

“Happiest birthday baby. Make a wish.” Mark greeted me and still in dazed, I closed my eyes and make a quick wish, I wish that every people I love will always stay happy and healthy. I opened my eyes and blew out the light which was followed by an applause from everyone.

“Uhhmmm, you’re here. You’re here? How is it you’re here?” I asked still confused.

“Noona, we came back to celebrate your birthday!” Yugyeom shouted at me as his words started sinking in and my face broke out in the biggest grin possible as I let out a giggle as I hugged Mark suddenly.

“Oh my gosh you’re here. Thank you thank you thank you.” I said to everyone as Mark and I turned to face them. Clearing my throat, “you guys are crazy. I really thought some lunatic was let loose in the hotel.” I exclaimed to them as they all laughed at the fact that they got me. “But thank you for doing this, I’m definitely pleasantly surprised.” I thanked them as some of the staff started leaving to go back to their station but not before telling them that lunch and dinner for the staff will be on the house. I then turned to Mark who has never left my side not for a moment.

“When did you plan all this?” I asked as I happily watched the people that are closest to me having fun and enjoying the music and food before turning to Mark to hear his answer.

“Since before we got together actually. I wanted to surprise you and make you feel special on your birthday.” He explained to as he tucked some of my errant tendrils. 

I then leaned closer to him and gave him a quick kiss. “Thank you so much babe. You definitely succeeded.” 

“Wait here, I have something for you.” He said while he turned and got something from his bag. When he turned back around he handed me a small bag. “Open it, it’s my gift to you.”

I looked at his smiling face as he was eager for to see what he got for my birthday when I checked inside and saw a box, I pulled it out as Mark continued to urge me to open it. When I opened it, it was a beautiful necklace and I immediately traced the design.

“It’s the constellations—“ Mark started to explain but I interrupted him.

“Of virgo and sagittarius, our birth signs.” I looked up to him as I felt overwhelmed with happiness. “Thank you.” I gave him a quick kiss. He then asked me to turn around so that he can help me wear the necklace. After he fastened the lock, I touched the pendant one more time before I turned to face him again.

“I would like to thank the stars for bringing you to me.” I totally melt at that point. How did I get so lucky and have the sweetest boyfriend ever. We we’re interrupted by Jackson when he asked me to gave a little speech as the party’s finally winding down. “Guys, let’s hear it for the birthday girl one last time!!”

I stood up and went in the front and took the mic from Jackson. “Thanks Jackson. Uhmmm—“ I paused as I looked at each person in the room. “Uhh, first off I’m so thankful to you guys for doing this, for surprising me. You all know that I live alone here and that I miss my parents very much, but somehow you guys have made me feel blessed and complete. You have become my second family and to GOT7 thank you for welcoming me to your own family. I didn’t expect that being suspected of a fan—“ some of the people that knew of the incident started laughing with Mark the loudest of them all “— would lead me to meet these amazing and wonderful people. Thank you because I know you guys were tired from traveling but you still made the effort to surprise me.” I thanked them for the last time as the guests has started leaving.

“Noona, happy birthday again.” Yugyeom hugged me tight as he greeted me again. He rested his head on top of mine as he continued to hug me not letting me go.

“Hey hey hey, get yourself off my girlfriend.” Mark jokingly said as he attempted to pry Yugyeom away from me but the maknae still didn’t let up. Mark immediately enveloped me into a hug after he successfully pulled Yugyeom away with the help of Jinyoung.

“Goodnight guys. Rest well, thanks again.” I told each of them as they went for a hug very quickly as Mark and I said our goodbyes. Mark was given permission to stay over at my place and he got the day off tomorrow or I meant today.

I offered to drive back home but Mark insisted. We arrived at my place a little over 2 AM and Mark placed my gifts in my office as I went to change into my sleep clothes. When I exited my walk-in-closet, I was confused as to why Mark was not in my room. I went out and saw him at the living area.

“Babe, what are you doing?” I asked as I approached him as I stood in front of his sitting room. 

“Uhhhh, I just realized that this is my first proper sleepover. The last time didn’t count as I just fell asleep on the couch.” I suppressed my laugh at Mark’s nervous voice biting my lip. Oh my goodness, he’s just so cute not knowing where he’ll sleep. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter