Chapter 10

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Song for the chapter: Boom by Simple Plan

——————————————————————————————————

"Hyung, I want to tell you that Anna has become my girlfriend.” I told him squarely waiting for his reaction. I gave Anna’s hand another squeeze of assurance as we waited in bated suspense.

“Since when?” He finally asked.

“Since today. We wanted to do this the right way that’s why we plan to talk to JYP PD-nim tomorrow. We want you to hear about it from us. We also ask for your support.” I explained to him.

“Oppa, but we want you to know that we will try our best to respect your decision.” Anna added.

“Well, I can’t say I’m surprised. As your manager, I will say that I am somewhat disappointed that you didn’t wait for the dating ban.” I got disheartened when I heard him say that and it’s Anna’s turn to reassure me as she squeezed my hand. “But as someone who sees you both as my own dongsengs, I am happy that you found one another.” I snapped to look at him as Anna let out a gleeful sound.

“Hyung, you mean that?” I asked him.

“Yes Mark. I think I already knew before hand that somehow you’ll end up together. But what truly surprised me is that you’re willing to put your budding relationship into scrutiny just so you’ll have our blessings. That makes me so proud of you both.” I felt Anna’s hand slipped from mine as she stood up and rounded to Seung-hoon hyung and gave him a hug.

“Oppa, neomu neomu kamsahamnida.” Anna exclaimed as hyung just lightly patted her arm until she released him and she went back to her sit and back to my hands.

“I just want you to still be careful. When it comes to dating scandals, the response of the fans are unpredictable. We cannot afford to have bad publicity.” Seung-hoon hyung reminded us one last time before he left.

Once he left Anna’s office, I turned to look at Anna with the same relief expression. I rested my head on to hers as we savor the moment and trying to calm our nerves throughout the discussion.

“Babe, everything will be okay.” I told her as hyung’s positive reception gave us hope that everything will be okay. She nodded her head before speaking. 

“I know and I’m glad. I said that we’ll accept whatever reaction they have but I just didn’t realized how hard it was. For a split second, I dreaded the thought of not being with you if they won’t accept us.” I hugged her tightly trying to reassure her.

“I know what you mean but we can do this babe. We now have the support of Seung-hoon hyung and the rest of the members.” I felt her nod in response.

“Yup and that already means a lot to us. Are you heading out now?” She said as she gestured towards the clock that read 06:30 PM. I didn’t realized that we were here for about half an hour. 

“In a bit. I can pick you up later so that we can go to the restaurant together.” I said to her.

“Ani, gwenchanna. I’ll just meet you at the restaurant later.” She responded.

“Okay. I’ll text you once we arrive there.” I let her know. And then my phone vibrated and I pulled it out and saw that I have a message from JB.

Mark, we’re good to go know. I already talked to manager-hyung briefly and I take it that everything’s okay? Anyway. we’ll meet you at the parking.

I released a sigh after reading the message. “I guess I’m leaving now.”

“Okay. Have fun at the fansigning.” She said as she gave me one last peck.
——————————————————————————————————
After Mark left, I tried reeling in all of my emotions especially when I felt like I was shaken to my core with the realization that I might actually lose Mark if JYP PD-nim will not accept our relationship.

I was so confident at first to let all important people know that Mark and I are together but then I am suddenly having all these second thoughts if it will mean that I get to have Mark longer. I shook my head trying to banish all those negative thoughts and just focused on something that is really good - Seung-hoon oppa’s support to us.

I continued to work for the rest of the night focusing on reports from the developers. I answered some emails from other contacts as well. I also coordinated with my parents secretary regarding upcoming events for December. I am still contemplating whether to cancel on those events for it will mean that I have to leave Korea by the second week of December to attend these socials.

I was brought out of my concentration when my phone ring.

“Eo babe, you guys done?” I asked as I the clock reads 10:19 PM.

“Yup, we’re heading out to the restaurant now. Are you sure you don’t want me to pick you up?” Mark asked again as heard the opening of cars.

“Yup I’m sure and the hotel is out of the way. Just head over to the restaurant and I’m about to leave now as well.” I informed him as I started to gather some of m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter