Epilogue

Sweet Serenity (A Mark Tuan/GOT7 Fanfic)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Final song: Ave Maria by Beyoncé
—————————————————

Beep. I grab my phone to read the message that I just receive.

I’m sending a precious gift your way. I’m counting down the minutes until I see you.

Smiling, I here pattering of feet as soon as I read Mark’s text.

“Mama.” I look through the mirror as I see Sophie running towards me before turning to face her.

“Hey sweet girl. What do you have there?” I asked as she hands me a box. “Is this from daddy?”

“Yesth. He told me thish ish shpecial gift.” She said with a little lisp as she gives me a grin, no doubt feeling proud that she was able to accomplish Mark’s task for her.

“Let’s see what daddy have for us.” I tell her excitedly hyping her up. I open the obvious Tiffany box to see a diamond garland bracelet.


“Woah, ish pwetty mama.” I smile at my baby girl as she have a look of fascination. She’s at the age where every jewelry is pretty to her. I read the accompanying note from Mark.

As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen. Any day spent with you is my favorite day. So today is my new favorite day. Wear this bracelet as your something new. I can’t wait to see you, future Mrs. Tuan. Love, can’t wait to be your Mr. Kim.

I bite my lips as I swoon over his words. It’s been five years since I met Mark, and today, I am finally marrying the love of my life. We’ve had a long and meaningful journey but our adventure is just beginning. I already sent my gift to him and I teasingly wrote in my note that I’ll be the one in white.

“I see Mark has given you your something new.” Sophie and I both look up to see my mom.

“Nana, mama got a pwetty bracelet from daddy.” Sophie shared the news excitedly to Nana. My parents are Nana and Dada to her and Mark’s parents are Nainai and Yeye.

“Well, my sweetling I have pretty things for your mama as well. This is for your something borrowed and something blue. Now this one is for your something old.” My mom hands me the boxes. I open the first box to see one of her favorite earrings. It’s a gift from Grandma Dawson when they my parents got married.

“Mom, thank you.” I said to her as I put on the earrings. I then retrieve the last box which is my something old. I let out a gasp when I see what’s inside.

“Mom, this is…” I said to her speechless as she just give me a nod. It’s the hair comb of my paternal grandmother. “But, how?”

“Before your halmeoni passed away, she contacted me and entrusted me this to give to you when the time is right. I think the time is right. It’s a special comb that your father specifically made for her you know.” I immediately fan myself to stop me from crying. I’m emotional as it is because of what today means but having a piece of my father is truly heartwarming. I turn around as my mom carefully place the comb.

“You look like a pwinshesh, mama.” I smile at Sophie’s reflection from the mirror before grabbing and putting her on my lap.

“But how could that be when you are my princess?” I ask her as she shriek by the suddenness while my mom fuss about wrinkling my dress . But we pay her no mind.

“Are you guys ready?” My dad ask as he suddenly enter the room. But then he stop mid-track as he gets a good look of me. “Wow, you are beautiful my sweetheart.”

“Thanks dad.” I said shyly as my mom usher Sophie out of the room. I’ll be walking down the aisle alone at first before my parents will meet me halfway. It is my small way of honoring my father as I imagine him walking me down the aisle.

“I know how much you love Mark and him you but I feel obligated to ask, are you sure? I can whisk you away if you’re not sure of marrying him.” I laugh out loud as my dad did a poor job at pretending to break off the marriage.

“Oh I’ve never been more sure in my life dad.” I said as I stand up.

“Your father will be so proud to see you right now.” He said lovingly as the waterworks threaten to start again.

The wedding coordinator then informed us that we will start in five minutes.

“Okay, ready?” My dad ask as he offer me his harm. I give him a nod and take his arm as we walk towards the ceremony area. I am more excited than nervous as my dad and I stand behind the make shift door made for the wedding.
——————————————————
“Are you nervous?” Jaebum ask as we wait in the alter for Anna to arrive.

“No. I’m more excited. We’ve waited so long for this day and I can’t believe it’s finally here.” I said to him as I play with my new watch that Anna gave to me thinking back on the note that she wrote.

A lot of people live their lives not knowing what true love is. I think I am truly lucky to have found you. No measure of time with you will be long enough but let’s start with forever. I can’t wait to marry you my love. Look out for me out there, I’ll be the one in white.

“Jaebum, thank you for always being there for us both.” I added as we hear my labelmate Jimin singing the first lines of the song Ave Maria by Beyoncé and I turn around wai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter