Lunch

We Were In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Sanghee arrived at school the next morning with a wide yawned. She put on her locker combination and opened it. She stuffs her books inside it. The dinner with their old neighbor last night ended late. She barely slept for two hours and she got dark circles under her eyes.

“Good morning Sanghee!” Her friend cheerful voice, Minhye could be heard. She turned her head towards the voice and Minhye stood beside her looking a bit worried, “What happened to you? Couldn’t sleep after confessing to L.Joe sunbae?” She asked.

“No… it’s not that. My old neighbor when I was 4 came last night. We had a chat and everything and it ended up late.” Sanghee said. Minhye opened to say something but Sanghee quickly added, “And no I didn’t confess to L.Joe sunbae, I just gave him my present.” She finished.

“Oh…” Was all Minhye could say. Sanghee closed her locker and they started to walk to their first class in the morning. The morning lesson went on smoothly and before they knew it, it was time for recess. Minhye excuse herself to a club meeting. After all she was the secretary of the club. So Sanghee walked alone to the cafeteria. When was nearing a stairs that lead to the senior’s class, she saw Chunji leaning on the wall with both of his hands inside his pocket.  She just walked past him without a word.

“How’s your head?” A voice asked. Sanghee stopped on her track and turned around to see Chunji looking at her.

“Wha- you’re talking to me?” Asked Sanghee and pointed a finger to herself. Chunji raised an amused eyebrow, “Yes, who else I will be talking to? Don’t say it’s the wall.” Chunji made a face.

Sanghee couldn’t help but felt what Chunji said was funny. So she let out a laughed. Chunji stared at her, he didn’t know she would laugh and… he thought that… Sanghee looked beautiful with her eyes smile even though her dark circle were visible… He blinked and shook his head, ‘What was I thinking???’

Sanghee stopped laughing and smiled at him, “You’re quite funny Chunji sunbae and don’t worry, I’m healed.”

Chunji cleared his throat as he suddenly felt hot, “Who said I was worried, I was just asking.” He looked at nothing particular just to avoid Sanghee’s gaze. “Well… thanks for asking anyway. And even though you didn’t come for me but for L.Joe sunbae to help him, but thanks for coming all the way to my place. I know my place is quite far from yours.” Sanghee s

Please log in to read the full chapter