Chunji's Past

We Were In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Sanghee peered on Chunji face. He was just staring blankly on the distant. Since they met the girl name Jihye, Chunji turned extremely quiet. He didn’t say any word and joke like he usually did.

They were at the Hankang river sitting on the bench. Both of them looked at the wide river in front of them.

“Sorry about what happen before.” Chunji said after the long silent. Sanghee turned to Chunji and stared at him. He just sighed.

“Who was that girl Chunji oppa?” Sanghee gathered her courage and asked him. She wanted to ask that a couple of times when they were in silence, but she was afraid that Chunji would be mad at her.

“Jihye…” Chunji started. There was a small bitter smiled on his face. This was the first time Sanghee saw Chunji sad smile. All this while she always saw the cheerful Chunji, seeing this Chunji in front of her crushed her heart.

“She is my ex-girlfriend.” Chunji stated. Sanghee saw Chunji hands turned into a fist

“Chunji oppa. You don’t need to tell me if you don’t want to.” Sanghee said gently. Chunji shook his head. “No… I got to get this out from my mind. It’s been a long time since I keep it to myself.” He said almost like a whisper.

He swallowed a lump in his throat and continued. “I met her three years ago. She just moved to the school….”

-Three years ago-

“Annyeonghaseyo. Woo Jihye imnida.” Jihye bowed and smiled widely to the whole class. Some of the male students actually stared at her because of her cute face. And Chunji was one of them.

“Jihye-ssi you can sit next to Chunji. Raised you hand Chunji.” The teacher said. Chunji raised his hand with a blinked. Jihye bowed to the teacher and slowly walked to Chunji’s table. His heart did that flip flop inside his chest and he gulped. She pulled the chair and sat on it.

Chunji played with his fingers under the table. He didn’t know why he felt so nervous right now. Jihye turned to Chunji, “Hello. I’m Woo Jihye.” She held out her hand. Chunji his lips nervously and cleared his throat. “My name is Lee Chanhee or you can just call me Chunji.” He said nervously and they shook hands. He felt like electricity just when down his spine.

Jihye smiled and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear. Chunji smiled at her and he felt like his heart skipped a beat.

-----------

It was Valentine’s Day and every girl in school would give present to the guy he likes. Chunji was in the empty classroom. His table was full of present from the girls. He looked at the card one by one then put it back on the table. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Chunji looked up and saw Jihye at the door. She bit her lips nervously, “Can I come in?” She asked.

Chunji smiled and nodded. She slowly walked to Chunji’s table. She looked at the present on his table and smiled a little.

“You got a lot of admires.” She said.

Chunji looked at the presents then looked at her, “It’s nothing really. Being the kingka is always like this. I bet the other Teen Top members are suffocating in the cafeteria with all the girls around them.” Chunji chuckled as he imagined how the girls were competing with each other to give present to Teen Top.

“It’s nice to be popular huh?” Jihye asked. Chunji looked at her, feeling a little bit cautious on her tone when she said that. “I guess… maybe.” Chunji said. Jihye stared at him for a while then smiled widely.

“Happy Valentine’s Day Chunji oppa.” Jihye said and handed him a box of chocolate that she hid it behind her back. Chunji’s eyes widened and he blinked.

Jihye turned red and bit her bottom lip. “I know you got a lot of confessions today. But… I want to confess to you too… I like you Chunji oppa. I like you since the first time I saw you.” Jihye asked, closing an eye. Chunji smiled and too

Please log in to read the full chapter