Goodbye

We Were In Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Sanghee was behind the school field. She was sitting on the bleachers, with her bag of lunch on her laps. She just looked down on her food. She didn’t have any appetite to eat. The wind blew slowly and gently hit her cheeks. She felt calm a bit but her heart was still aching. Soon, she heard footsteps coming her way. She looked to the side and saw Chunji walking to her with his usual bright smiled.

He sat beside Sanghee and looked in front. Sanghee just looked at him. Chunji turned his head to her. The dark circles around her eyes were visible. Her eyes also looked puffy.

“How do you feel today?” Chunji asked her. Sanghee sighed. “Better than yesterday I guess.” She said quietly.

“You haven’t eat you do you?” Chunji asked her. He nodded to the untouched food on Sanghee’s lap. She looked at the food. “I don’t have any appetite.”

“You have to eat Sanghee-ah. You have to take care of your health.” Chunji said but Sanghee didn’t say anything. Now he could visibly see the changes in Sanghee. She was quiet and she didn’t have a smiled on her face like she always did. Chunji quietly hoped that he could bring that smiled back. But he know only L.Joe could do that.

“Thank you Chunji oppa.” She said slowly after a long quiet. Chunji gazed at her but she didn’t look up and just hung her head low. “Thank you for what?” He asked.

“For caring about me and for being there when I needed someone to lean on. You’re a great friend Chunji oppa.” Sanghee said and looked up at him. Chunji just smiled a bit. He wanted to be someone who was more important to her than just a friend. Sanghee always looked at him as a friend and nothing more. Chunji badly want to change that perspective of her.

“Sanghee…. I…”

“Sanghee-ah.” Someone called her and Chunji didn’t finish his words. They both turned their heads towards the direction of the voice and saw L.Joe standing there.

“L.Joe oppa…” Sanghee whispered as her eyes widened. L.Joe walked to them and Chunji didn’t leave his eyes from him. When he was about to near Sanghee, Chunji got up and blocked L.Joe for reaching any further to her. L.Joe stared at him.

“What do you want from her?” Chunji asked. His smiled was gone and his face turned hard and serious.

“She’s my girlfriend and I want to talk to her.” L.Joe said firmly at Chunji.

“Girlfriend? You called your girlfriend a ? I won’t let you talk to her and let you said something harsh to her again.” Chunji glared at him. L.Joe gabbed his collar and gave him a death glare. “Listen you punk-“

“Stop it.” Sanghee said and stood up. She looked at L.Joe with an expression that was hard to describe, it was mixed with sad, disappointed and hatred.

“Sanghee…” L.Joe softened when he saw Sanghee puffed eyes. He was sure that Sanghee had cried all night because of him.

“What do you want from me?” Sanghee voice was hard. L.Joe was appalled for a second hearing Sanghee voice like that. He never heard that tone from Sanghee before. It made L.Joe felt guilty, because it showed that Sanghee really hate him now.

“Sanghee… can we talk… please?” L.Joe begged but Sanghee just stared at him with no expression on her pale face. “There’s nothing to talk about.” Sanghee said coldly.

“You can talk to Chunji here but not me? Are you guys really having an affair behind my back?” L.Joe accused. His tempered rise up again.

“Yah L.Joe.” Chunji tried to warn him.

Sanghee smirked. “You do it again. Your accusation and your jealousy.” Sanghee said slowly. Chunji and L.Joe st

Please log in to read the full chapter