Chapter 9

Hanlim's School for the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin walked into her classroom and looked towards her desk and found it empty.

Good he’s not here yet.

She sat down on her seat and let out a sigh.

What was I thinking yesterday? She groaned. She planted her face down at her desk. Her mind flashbacked to her conversation with Baekhyun the day before. She had agreed to be his friend. She didn’t even know what made her accept his offer so fast. The whole day after the encounter went by in a haze until she got back to her dorm and realized what she’s done.

This is good right? Now I can get closer to them and find out more about them. She then groaned. But how am I going to face him, this is so embarrassing. Why was I acting that way? I gave in way too easily. 

Her mind went back to Baekhyun’s smile.

Badump. Badump.

She placed her hand over her chest. I didn’t get enough sleep last night, that’s why I’m feeling weird. My heart is doing this weird beating. 

“Are you tired?”

She jumped and looked at the owner of the voice.

“No!”

Baekhyun tilted his head at her confused. 

“I-I just didn’t get enough sleep last night that’s all."

Baekhyun nodded his head and took his seat.

“Did you eat breakfast?”

“No, I don't usually eat breakfast.”

Baekhyun then placed a bag on top of her desk. Yerin stared at the bag and then back at Baekhyun who motioned her to open it. She opened the bag and found a croissant and a carton of milk inside.

“Thanks…” she looked at the boy who just looking at her. “You don’t need to keep buying me breakfast, I can do it myself. I'm not poor you know.”

“I know, I just want to. Besides we’re friends now right? I just want to do something nice for you as a friend.” Baekhyun gave her a small smile.

“Right, we’re friends now….” she said softly and proceeded to take the food out of the bag to eat. 

Baekhyun watched as she ate and it was making Yerin uncomfortable.

He’s just staring. This is so awkward. What do I even say? What do I even talk about with him?

Yerin continued to eat in awkward silence as Baekhyun continued to watch her. He didn't know why he felt such satisfaction from just seeing her eat. He was content with their status for now, knowing that they're friends. 

I’m glad that we’re friends now Yerin, but I intend to be more than that. I’ll work harder so that we can become closer. I'll be patient. I can wait. For you, I can wait, no matter how long it takes.

Baekhyun looked at her desk and noticed that she didn’t touch her milk.

“Do you not like the milk? You drank it last time.”   

“Huh?” Yerin looked at the drink. “Oh, last time it was regular milk but its chocolate this time.”

“You don’t like chocolate?”

“I do, I love chocolate. But not when it’s in milk. It's just too sweet for my taste when its added in milk. I don’t care much for chocolate milk.”

“Hmm.” Baekhyun looked at the drink. “I’ll remember that for next time.”

They sat in silence until Yerin finished her breakfast.

“Thank you for the food, but you really don’t need to keep bringing me food. It really feels like you’re feeding the poor.”

Baekhyun chuckled, “Its ok. I want to. It feels nice to know that I am able to do something for you, even if it’s just something as simple as breakfast.”

Yerin just stared at the boy in front of her. He’s so weird. What kind of vampire is he? He's too nice. But from what I heard the Vampire Prince isn't this open to people. Why me? What is he trying to do?

Yerin was so into her thoughts that she didn’t notice that Baekhyun had moved right in front of her face.

“You’re staring pretty hard. Am I that beautiful?”

Yerin backed away from his face.

“No, I just spaced out.” she scoffed. “Don’t flatter yourself.”

Baekhyun grinned. “I was just joking. Don’t take it too seriously. But," he placed his face closer to hers, "I know I am handsome, you can stare all you want. I'm giving you permission.” he winked and tousled her hair then leaned back into his seat.

Yerin widened her eyes and looked at the boy.

Did he just?

She frowned and fixed her hair. Yeah he just did, idiot.

By now the classroom was already getting filled and their little interaction didn’t go unnoticed by their classmates.

Suho was confused with the scene that had just happened. Yerin and Baekhyun seemed like they were having a regular conversation and the boy was even smiling with her. What surprised the vampire more was that Yerin didn’t react negatively like he thought she would. She was actually talking back to Baekhyun as if they were friends. Baekhyun even messed with the girl's hair. Suho had no idea what changed in their relationship or when this changed happened. He made eye contact with Baekhyun and mouthed “what the hell was that” from his seat, but was answered by just a shrug and a grin from the said boy.

“What the hell, that kid. I need to ask him about this after class.”

“Huh, that’s interesting.” Luhan said as he watched Baekhyun and Yerin’s interaction from his seat.

“Looks like the Vampire Prince became that hunter’s friend. How interesting. Now what possibly could've happened that made her want to be friends with him? What does Byun Baekhyun, the heartless Vampire Prince, possibly see in her to be acting like a tame puppy?”

Lay looked at the scene and then looked at Luhan. That is strange. What made her change her mind about not wanting be friends with us supernaturals? Even when I helped healed her she was still defensive against me. Lay looked at Luhan’s expression and cringed. This can’t be good.

“That look on your face, I don't like it.”

Luhan looked over at the boy innocently. “What do you mean?”

“You have that look, and nothing good ever comes out when you have that look on your face.”

Luhan tilted his head innocently. "I don't know what you mean."

"Luhan, we grew up together. I know you almost as well as you know yourself. You're scheming something and althought I don't know what, it can't be good. Please don't do anything stupid."

Luhan chuckled. “Ah,” he placed his hands behind his head and leaned back on his seat. “It’s really nothing Xing Xing. Don’t you worry your pretty little head about it. What can I possibly be plotting? You and your imagination really.” 

Lay sighed. If only I had your powers, then I can know what you’re thinking. Even so, I already know trouble is about to brew. You may be able to fool others but I know you, behind that innocent face lies a demon and its always trouble when your dark side comes out. 

“What the hell is going on?” Chanyeol crossed his arms over his chest as he observed the two. “That hunter girl fell for that blood er's charms huh?”

“Stay out of it, its none of our business.” Kris replied.

“Hyung, you can't be serious. What if they’re plotting something against us? What if that hunter chick asked Baekhyun to help her and they both decide to ambush us!”

Kris sighed and rolled his eyes. “Chanyeol seriously, you and your imagination. Why would they do that?”

“Because the hunters hate us duh! And the vampires as well! That must be it! They're probably plotting something against us! We need a plan! We need to tell Kai!" 

“Shut up, you’re too noisy.” Kris rubbed his head. "Look, its probably nothing and they just wanted to be friends. Don't go starting up something out of nothing. You should know better. Now shut up, I'm trying to finish my homework that I wasn't able to finish last night because of all of yall's nightly activities." 

“But hyung!”

"No buts Chanyeol! Let it go. I'm serious." he glared at the younger boy. 

Chanyeol pouted. "I'm still telling Kai." he mumbled. 

Yerin limbs were all spread out on the grass as she stared at the dark sky. She looked at her watch and it was 8:30 PM. She sighed.

“What was I thinking.” She mumbled. “He’s not going to be here.”

It was evening and Yerin had come back to the opening she found to do some training. This time she did bring some weapons with her, her blade. Truthfully, she was hoping to see that wolf she met but it was unlikely that that was going to happen. There was no reason for him to come back to this clearing. Its not like they were friends and made plans to meet each other here, but Yerin had found herself wanting to be by this particular wolf’s presence and wanted to test out her luck. Unfortunately, luck was not on her side by the looks of it.

She calmed herself with some fresh air to think about her situation. Baekhyun, as she had gotten to know today, was quite a nice guy. She thought that he was going to be more reluctant to her but he wasn’t. He was quite open and friendly to her. She didn't understand why. Even at the begining he was "nice" to her which she found strange. Why out of everyone in the school he was being freidnly with her. From what she had observed the Royals like to stick within themselves and didn't interact much with people outside their clique. 

What was Baekhyun's deal? He said I was different, but didn't elaborate on it. How am I different? Is it only because I'm human? But even then. Why me? I'm no different from any other human girl.

She then thought about what she was doing. What is it the right thing to do this to him? He seems geniunely nice to her. He seems like he really w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter