Chapter 12

Hanlim's School for the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun hated going back to this place. Others envied him because he was the Prince of Vampires. He had the looks, the money, the power, everything you could ever want, all within his grasp. He lived in a giant palace overlooking all the other vampires in the land. He was second only to the King. But even so, as he stepped through the doors of the giant palace, he wanted to vomit. He despised this place. If he could 've burn it down, he would’ve. This so called home of his was nothing but a hollow and empty shell.

“You wanted to see me?” Baekhyun asked as he made his way into the room.

“Yes Prince, take a seat.”

Baekhyun walked over to the empty chair and sat down. He faced the two people in front of him.

The woman sitting opposite him was drinking from a teacup made from the finest china they could find. She wore a dress that reaches to the ground, the color of midnight. She sat poised and elegant. Her smooth skin glistened in the light. She was beautiful. The male sitting beside her didn’t fail in comparison. His face was stern but flawless. Skin as smooth as porcelain. His body firm and strong. Nobility resonated from him, so much that one can sense it even before coming into the room. He wore a black suit, sitting cross legged. He was conversing with the woman before Baekhyun entered the room. Anyone else would have said that these two were two of the most beautiful people they have ever seen in their life. Although the years have aged them, they were still a vision to behold. But to Baekhyun they were the two ugliest people he’s ever known. He loathed them and was disgusted to call them his parents.  

“Why did you call me here?”

“Is that tone one that you should speak to your parents with?” King Byun said as he sat up straight.

Baekhun scoffed. “Parents? I see no such thing. You two might’ve given birth to me but parents? You two were never one. You two don’t even know the meaning to the word. I do not need to treat you like something you never were.”

King Byun growled. “Insolent child I could just kill you.”

Baekhyun felt his blood boil. He fell off the chair in pain and spit out blood. He clutched his hands to the carpeted floor gasping from the excruciating pain running throughout his body.

“Now dear you need to calm down.” Queen Byun placed her teacup on the table. “He is our only heir. If he dies, who would succeed you? We wouldn’t want one of those other so called royals to have a chance to claim the throne now would we?”

“You’re right as always my dear.”

Baekhyun then felt the pain ease away from him. He panted and wiped the blood from his mouth. Damn bastard.

“Get up. Make yourself presentable. You are a Prince after all. You shouldn’t be on the floor like filth.” His mother said as Baekhyun got back onto the chair.

King Byun folded his hands and placed them on his lap looking at his son.

“I heard about the fight that you and the Wolf Prince had.”

Baekhyun scoffed. “What about it?”

“Why didn’t you finish him off?” King Byun eyes glowed red. “That would have been a perfect opportunity to have offed that damn Kim Jongmin’s son. We had the perfect scapegoat, the so called coach. We could’ve pinned the death on him for being a neglecting teacher but you went and screwed it up!” he hit the table. “I did not raise you to be weak!”

Baekhyun gritted his teeth. “Raise me? Hah, don’t make me laugh.” This was one of the reasons why he hated coming back home.

“You brat.”

“Now dear, there are more pressing matters.” Queen Byun gave a reassuring touch to her husband and faced her son.

“Dear child, I have to let you know, I came upon quite an interesting vision.”

“And what would that be?”

Queen Byun smirked. “It was you and a girl. What is your relationship with Baek Junjin’s daughter?”

Baekhyun eyes glowed red.

“Ah, so there is something going on then.” Queen Byun chuckled. “How amusing.”

“What did you see?” Baekhyun gritted his teeth.

Queen Byun chuckled. “Not much. Just enough to see that you are enjoying yourself in her presence. Now why is that? She, a filthy human, but not just any human, but a hunter.” she stood up and walked over to Baekhyun. She clutched his chin with her hand, nails piercing through his skin, and eyes red. “It’s almost like you have forgotten who you are and what role you play. You better watch the way you act and speak to us. You might be away from our grasp at that school but don’t you ever forget who you are. You are the Prince of all Vampires. You might be the next ruler of our kind but you are still under us, the King and Queen of all Vampires. Know your place. We control this land and we control you. Who you talk to and who you associate yourself with is up to us to decide. We will not let anything or anyone hinder you from becoming the next King. You will become King on our terms. Don’t you ever forget that, you pathetic excuse for a son.”

She let go of his chin as Baekhyun glared at the woman. They were never parents in his eyes. Just two terrible people he had to call mom and dad. They were both what they didn’t have, heartless.

“Is that all?" Baekhyun growled. "As wonderful as this reunion was, what is the real reason you two asked me here?”  

“Of course we have something important to discuss with you about.”

“Then what is it? You have already wasted a school day for me. What else is there for you to talk to me about?”

King Byun leaned back on his chair. “We found some demons on our land.”

Baekhyun crossed his arms. “So what? We have the freedom to go to their territory as well."

"It is different. They weren't normal demons. They looked like scouts."

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow. "Scouts? What would demon scouts be doing here?"

"Exactly. They wouldn't be here unless there is a reason." 

"So what did you do with them?”  

“I killed them of course.”

“Then that’s it. End of the problem. What is there to discuss?”

“Because this is not the first time we have found demons on our territory. They have been lurking around our territory more than usual lately and from what we have heard they have been doing the same with the Wolves’ as well.”  

Baekhyun’s furrowed his brows. “Demons in both our lands? They know the rules. What are they doing?”

“This is Oh Seojoon’s doing no doubt. That slimy bastard must be planning something, but of course when confronted he denied any knowledge of his scouts ever being here. I could just kill that bastard if not for our peace treaty. Has anything out of the ordinary happened at the school?”

“No.”

King Byun huffed. “You are the Prince of Vampires. If they are planning something then you know what to do. Kill them first and protect our own. If it comes down to it Oh Seojoon’s son must be eliminated. He may be a vile man but his son is his only heir. Oh Sehun would be a good chess piece to use on our board.”

Baekhyun stood up. “Well then. This has been fun, but let’s not do this anytime soon again.” He got up and headed towards the door. 

"Keep an eye on Oh Sehun. He will be a valuable asset to us. Oh and I'll keep an eye out on that hunter girl as well." Baekhyun red eyes glared back at his mom. "She can be useful. We're allowing you to play with her for the time being, but remember who you are. You are above her and anyone else. If she becomes a hinderance in your life I won't hesitate to eliminate her from the picture. Know your place." His mother voiced out.

“Don’t disappoint us Baekhyun.” King Byun had the final say before Baekhyun stormed off. 

Baekhyun snarled and sped off in his car. 

He hit the wheel as he drove. He yelled in frustration. He hates them, he hates them so much. They were never good parents to him. Good? They were never even decent even from the very beginning. They only used him as a tool to secure their bloodline for the throne. They were pathetic excuse as parents.

“Your highnesses it’s a boy! A Prince!”

King Byun laughed heartedly. “An heir. My first born is an heir to the throne.”

“ALL HAIL THE KING! ALL HAIL THE QUEEN! ALL HAIL THE PRINCE!”

 

CRASH

A 5-year-old Baekhun fell. Pieces of glass all around him.

“Your highness!” his nanny quickly ran up to the small Prince. “Are you alright?”

“DO NOT CODDLE HIM!” Queen Byun yelled as she made her way to the child. “You are the future King, you do not have time for fun and games. You do not have the time to be be doing useless things. How many times do I have to tell you? Do I have to punish you for you to remember?!”

The young boy cried.

“Disgusting. Take him out of my sight and clean him up. He is filthy.”

The nanny brought Baekhyun back to his room and washed him up. Her heart broke when he continued to cry and seeing the cuts on his hands from the broken glass.

“Your highness you have to be more careful. The Queen is a busy woman. You cannot interrupt her whenever you want to.”

Baekhyun sniffed. “But Suho hyung and Xiumin hyung gets to play with their moms whenever they want to. Tao said his mom and him made cookies yesterday.” Tears fell from his cheeks. “I just wanted to be next to my mom. I wasn't going to be bad. I just wanted to be next to her.”

“Oh sweetie.” she hugged him. 

 

“AHHHHHHH!” a 7-year-old Baekhyun yelled. Blood spilled out of his mouth as he was hurled onto the wall.

“PATHETIC!” King Byun yelled. “Look at you, you can’t even defeat a mere foot soldier! How are you going to be King when you are this weak! Your powers haven’t even fully developed yet. At this rate you’ll be more useless than a dishrag! How can I have a son that is weak like you!?”

King Byun left and dismissed all the fighters from the arena. Baekhyun laid on the ground hurt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter