Chapter 20

Hanlim's School for the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin laid on the grass. Her eyes were closed as she just bathed in the moonlight and the calm wind. She didn’t know what had happened with Sehun earlier. The way he acted crushed her and she didn’t even know why she was feeling this way. Ever since the first time she saw Oh Sehun she felt a pull towards the boy and she didn’t even know why. Yes, he was handsome, but there was something more to him that kept her interest. Did she like him? What is this feeling?

Yerin was upset by the way Sehun had acted earlier. Who was he to talk to her like that? How could someone change so much in the course of a couple days? He was like a completely different person. If it was anyone else Yerin would have kicked their but why didn’t she do that to the boy earlier. She was upset not only by the boy but by herself as well. She practically begged Sehun to stay by her side. It was ridiculous, why would he care for her when they aren’t even friends.

Yerin placed her arm over her face.

What the hell is wrong with me. Why are my emotions all crazy right now?

She didn't understand what she was feeling. All she knew was that Sehun's words hurt her and she didn't know what to do to make the pain go away. 

Why am I so hurt by him? 

And what's even crazier is that she still missed him. She still wanted to see him and ask him why he acted the way he did. She really did wanted to do nothing else but be by his side again. She even took back his jacket and brought it back to her room. She must have gone insane. Why does she value that jackass so much when he didn't deserve it. After whate he said to her that should've been more than enough to make her hate him, but why couldn't she. Why couldn't she hate Oh Sehun?

Kai peeked out from the trees where he was hiding from. He was a coward. He was too afraid to face Yerin so he had decided to skip school. The whole day he was racking his mind over how to approach the girl but he couldn’t figure out what was the best way to do it. When he saw that the sun was setting he left the dorm and ran off, hoping to see her. Kai knew that Yerin wouldn’t give him the time of day in his human form but he was hoping that she still liked his wolf form. So he shifted and went out to find her. To his luck she was there at their place. Yerin was there laying in the grass as he watched the girl. 

Man the up Kim Jongin! You’re a Prince and will be King. You can’t be a coward! Go out there! 

After a few more minutes of fighting with himself and mustering up enough courage he finally made his way towards the girl. Unlike the other times that he’s seen Yerin here, he noticed this time she was in regular clothes instead of her training ones. Jongin approached the girl cautiously. She was laying on the ground with her arm over her face. She didn’t seem to notice his presence. He thought that it was odd that she hasn’t noticed him by now. Usually she'll be more alert than that. He got next to her and she still haven’t noticed. Kai then nudged her arm with his nose.

Yerin felt something on her arm. Confused, she took her arm off her face and was met with gentle blue eyes staring back at her.

Yerin sat up and petted the wolf.

“Hey you.” she said softly. “Haven’t seen you in a while.”

She scratched him behind the ears and his wolf purred in delight. Kai was so happy to be this close to her again. He was in a daze that he almost didn’t noticed the sullen look on Yerin’s face. Almost.

Kai was worried. He noticed her down casted expression and his wolf picked up a troubled feeling from her as well. He grew concerned.

Why is she feeling so sad?

He walked closer to her and nudged his head next to hers.

“Hm?” 

Kai nuzzled his face next to hers trying to make her feel better.

Yerin gave him a sad smile.

“You noticed?”

Kai whimpered and snuggled up closer to her. Yerin moved closer to the wolf.

“I guess I can't keep anything from you. Did you figure it out with your animal instincts?” Yerin tried to joke half-hearted.

Kai didn’t fall for it and continued to stare at her.

“Something happened and I guess it’s affecting more than it should be. I don’t even know why I’m so sad about it.”

Kai tilted his head. What happened?

“Don’t worry about it.” she tried to smile. “I’m ok.”

Kai wasn’t convinced. He just wanted to make her feel better.  Kai her face trying to cheer her up.

Yerin gave out a little giggle. His tongue tickled her face but strangely she felt very comforted. She reached out her arms and buried her face into the wolf's neck. 

“I don’t know who you are but I really need a friend right now.” she held onto his neck. "I hope this is ok." 

Kai whimpered and curled up closer to her. He was sad that his mate was feeling this way. He couldn’t even enjoy the hug when her emotions were so strong. He racked his brain thinking of what he could do to make her feel better.

Kai stood up suddenly and broke off from the hug surprising Yerin.

“What’s wrong?”

Kai moved his head and gestured for the girl to get on his back.

Yerin was confused. “Are you trying to tell me to get on?”

Kai nodded his head.

“No way.” She said. “There is no way I’m getting on your back. I know we’ve had our moments but I don’t think it’s wise of me to do that.” she looked the wolf wary. “Why should I even do that?”

Kai huffed. His mate was so stubborn and was asking too many questions. He went up to her and pushed her with his nose.

“Hey stop it! Stop!” Yerin tried to avoid the wolf but he was determined.

“Ok ok fine!” she gave up.

Yerin bit her lip. She was confused on what the wolf was trying to do. She was against this idea but the wolf was being relentless. She sighed.

It should be fine right? I’ll be ok?

Kai moved his head telling her to hop on.

“Fine.” She grumbled. “But if you do anything weird I’ll rip your head off.”

Kai scoffed at the girl.

Kai kneeled down and Yerin threw one leg over his back and got on. Kai stood up and turned his head around to the girl.

“Aright now what?”

Kai nudged her arm to have her wrap it around his neck.

Yerin was confused on what was happening but did as he wanted. Right after she had both arms wrapped around the wolf Kai started running off full speed.

Yerin shrieked. She did not see this coming. She held on tighter to the wolf and dug her face into his fur. Kai felt a warmth rumble in his body as he felt it. His happiness just made him run faster and he might have liked hearing her screaming in fear more than he should.

After a couple of minutes Kai finally stopped running. He stopped and turned his head to his back. He smiled sweetly at Yerin. She had her head hidden in his fur and was holding onto his neck tightly. He savored the moment for a while longer until he felt her move.

Yerin noticing the wolf had stopped running peeked out from his neck. She then raised her head and looked at where they were. She scanned her surrounding and noticed that she was at a flower field.

Kai moved his head, ushering her to get off.

Yerin hopped off his back and surveyed the area. The field was surrounded by wild flowers everywhere she looked. It was beautiful.

Kai nudged her feet telling her to move.

“Did you take me here to see this?” she asked.

Kai gave her a bod before running into the flowers, looking over at her for her to follow.

Yerin let out a smile and then chased after him.

PLAY THIS https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR7NgyOZ3_4

The two ran and frolicked around the flower field. Kai chased her and she did the same to him. She laughed and he rolled around in the field. Kai laid down with his belly up and Yerin rubbed it.

Kai was always taught to never do this in front of someone. When a wolf lays in this way, he is in his most vulnerable position. It was a sign of weakness and as a Prince he should never ever allow himself to be in this position in front of anyone, ever. Yet here he is, consciously allowing his mate to rub his belly like he was some pet. She really had him wrapped around her fingers and she doesn’t even know it. But seeing her smile was all he needed. This was enough. He would do anything to keep that smile on her face.

Yerin sat down on the ground and started picking the flowers.

Kai sat up and sat next to her. He tilted his head wondering what she was doing.

She grinned. “Just wait.”

She gathered flowers together and tied them into a crown.

“Ok, stay still.”

Kai shook his head. There was no way he was going to let her put that girly thing on his head.

“Come on. You’ll look really pretty.”

Kai huffed and stood up to run.

“I’ll catch you!” Yerin yelled and chased after the wolf.

Yerin was laughing as she chased the wolf around. Kai also had his tongue out in joy. He was having too much fun having her chase after him.

“GOTCHA!” Yerin said as she jumped on top of the wolf.

Kai playfully plopped down giving up.

Yerin smiled and placed the flower crown on his head. She got off his back and took his face in her hands.

“So pretty.” She beamed.

If Kai didn’t think he was in love before, he knew that he was now. Her eyes shined like stars to him and that smile radiated like the shine of the full moon.

“Are you ever going to let me know who you are?” she asked softly.

Kai moved his face closer to her and rested his forehead on hers.

Soon my love. Not yet. I have too many mistakes to fix.  I still have so much to correct before I can let you know who I am. Until then, let me stay by your side like this.

Kai then pulled away from her. He looked up at the sky.

“What are you looking at?” Yerin asked as she followed his line of vision.

The clouds were starting to hide the moon’s light. The sky was completely dark now. 

Kai looked at her.

“What?” Yerin asked confused.

It’s time.

Then the ground started to glow.

Yerin was in awe. Fireflies. Fireflies were starting to glow and rising up from the ground. It was beautiful. Kai looked at her. 

“It’s so pretty.” She said. “Did you know about this?”

She didn’t need an answer but she already knew.

“Thank you.” she said. “You took me here to make me feel better didn’t you?”

She placed a hand on his head and caressed it.

“Thank you.” she smiled.

The simple gesture really touched her heart. This wolf was really trying to make her feel better when he didn’t need to. She was touched. Even though the gesture was simple she really did forget about Sehun during this time. She didn't think of anything except her and this wolf and how happy she was being beside him. Even if it's something as simple as playing in a flower field. 

Yerin plopped down on the ground. She looked up as the fireflies ascended into the sky.

Kai laid down and curled himself around her. Yerin turned to her side and snuggled up to the wolf, facing him.

“I don’t know who you are.” She looked into his blue eyes. “But thank you. Really. You know my dad never let me have a pet when I was little. I always wanted a pet dog but he said I didn't have time for pets. So how about you be my pet?" she teased.

Kai huffed. 

I'm not a lowly dog. 

Yerin chuckled. "Kidding. You're so much more than that." She petted his head. "I really want to know who you are." 

She laid back and watched the sky. "This feels nice." she smiled and enjoyed the beautiful scenery and the cool breeze. It was nice to not think about things. It was nice just to lay back and enjoy the little things, like this. Her life, since she started Hanlim, has been full or ups and downs. She just needed a small break. 

Kai looked at her. He was glad that he was able to help her feel better. Even if it was something as simple as this. 

I’ll try harder to be the man you deserve. I want to keep that beautiful smile on your face from now on. 

People were lining up outside the door. The line stretched all around the corner full of people wanting to come into the famous club, Cloud9. The music was blaring so loudly that you can even hear it outside. 

Hands came out to stop from passing through the doors.

“I don't think so pretty boy. If you want to get in you better get in line.” And the bouncer pointed his head to the long line.

The club goers all jeered and agreed with the bouncer yelling at him to get to the back of the line. 

The vampire looked up to the bouncer.

Suho raised an eyebrow.

“Are you telling me to get in line?” he challenged.

The bouncer’s eyes glowed red. “Yes I am. You’re not skipping and entering this club without properly queuing up. Now back of the line pretty boy.”

Suho let out an arrogant smirk. This guy had no idea who he was dealing with.

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter