Chapter 8

Hanlim's School for the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin walked slowly with her head down as she made her way to school. The events of last night kept running through her head.

Who was that wolf?

She couldn’t stop thinking about the wolf that she met last night. She felt that it was ridiculous. She was investing too much time on thinking about the wolf after just meeting him for a couple of hours. Yerin shook her head.

Get a grip. What is wrong with you? She massaged her temples. What is wrong with me.

“A penny for your thoughts?”

Yerin looked to her side and was faced with Yuna.

“You look really distracted. Something on your mind?”

"Yuna, the wolves, are they all different colors?"

"What do you mean?"

"All of the wolves, do they all have different colors?" 

Yuna looked at her confused. "I mean they do, but some of them do carry the same shades of fur. Why do you ask?" 

Yerin looked at the mermaid and debated if she should ask Yuna if she knew who the wolf was, but then thought against it. She was getting too invested in something so trivial. The wolf probably didn’t even care for the events that happened last night so why should she. It’s not like they were actually friends or anything. They just so happened to be cordial with each other last night. Yerin shook her head at the mermaid.

“Its nothing. I’m going to head to class.” Leaving the mermaid clueless in the middle of the hallways.

Contrary to what Yuna was thinking, Kai had not forgotten the events of last night. He couldn’t keep the smile off his face thinking about the events that had happened just a few hours ago.

“Where were you last night?” Kris asked, as the wolves made their way through the hallways. “You didn’t come back to the dorm last night.”

“Ehhhh hyung, judging by that stupid smile on his face he probably had a good laid last night.” Chen smirked and threw his arm over Kai’s shoulders. “So who was she? How good was she that you can’t stop smiling?”

Kai scoffed and threw Chen’s arm off.

“Aw come on don’t be like that. Was she that good that you don’t want to share?”

“Piss off Chen you’re ruining my mood.”

“Yah I’m your hyung, show some respect.”

“And I’m your Prince.” Kai smirked.

Kris looked at the two and shook his head as they continued their banter while Chanyeol just chuckled, amused. Just then the laughing stopped.

Kai sneered at the person in front of him.

Sehun looked up and saw Kai and his pack. Sehun let out a sigh. He didn’t want to face them; it was too early for this. He tried to walk past the wolves when Kai spoke.

“It seems like your father doesn't know his place. You wouldn't happen to know anything about it would you, Oh Sehun?”

Sehun looked over at Kai.

 

Flashback

“Jongin, what are you doing home? Aren’t you supposed to be at school?”

Kai just changed into his uniform when he joined his parents at the dining table for breakfast.

“I just wanted to drop by because I missed mom.” he went over to his mother and gave her a hug. His father sneered.

“And what about me? You didn’t miss me?”

“Nah.” Kai teased as he took a seat and started eating.

The Wolf King threw a biscuit at his son but Kai dodged it and chuckled.

“This brat. And to think I was the one who taught him how to fight and hunt when he was younger. I should’ve just threw you out into the woods to fend for yourself.”

The Wolf Queen laughed. “Alright now boys, play nice.”

“By the way dad, why did you come home so late last night? Was it because of work?” Kai asked as he ate his breakfast.

“Oh, so now you think of me.”

Kai rolled his eyes.

The Wolf King placed his utensils down and sighed. “I had to deal with some things. That Oh Seojoon, he is up to no good.”

Kai scrunched his brows. “What do you mean?”

“We found some little demons roaming around our land a couple days ago. We don’t know what they were there for. They wouldn’t say a thing even though we interrogated them for days. They said they just happened to be in the area but it made no sense. The areas they were in were just barren land and there is nothing there except trees and grass. It was suspicious, why would they be there of all places? This isn’t the first time our scouts had noticed demons roaming our land. Yes, demons, wolves, and vampires are free to roam each other lands but something just didn’t sit right about these demons. So I went to have a talk with Oh Seojoon.”

“And what did he say?”

“What do you think?” the Wolf King rubbed his temples. “He just smiled and said he had no idea why they were there and what they were doing. He said that the treaty between our 3 kinds has always been valued and that he would never mean harm to our kind. He said that those demons must have just been curious and got lost when visiting out land. He said I can do as I see fit with the ones we captured, and that he assured me that he has no ill intentions. He said he trust that I would do the right thing.”

Kai scoffed. “He's obviously baiting you. That jackass. If you were to keep those demons captive it'll make it seem like you're starting a fight with the demons and being a tyrant. On the other hand, if you let them go, then it might put our people in danger, if they were here for an ulterior motive.”

The Wolf King looked sternly at his son. “I don’t know what he’s planning son but be careful. Be alert wherever you go, trust your instincts. I don’t know what it is but something just doesn’t sit right. Those humans being killed at random and now this. I’ve been alive too long to know that something big is about to happen and that Oh Seojoon might have a hand in this. You be careful you understand?”

Kai nodded. "I undertand father. Those human deaths, do you really think that Oh Seojoon is behind it?"

The Wolf King shook his head, "I don't know. I really don't son, but my instincts are telling me something big will happen. We have to be ready . i just hope that I am wrong." The Wolf King said grimly. His wife took his hand in hers and gave him a comforting squeeze.

“By the way you never answered my question, why did you come home last night? Do you perhaps know the reason why dear?” the King looked at his wife.

Kai, embarrassed, looked the other way as he drank his orange juice.

The Queen chuckled, “You will know soon dear.” She looked at her son with a teasing smile.

 

Sehun looked at Kai with a blank face.

“What he does is none of my concern Kim Jongin. Don’t bother me with his business.”

Kai glared at the boy. “If your father tries anything against my people be ready for a war. And don't think we will go easy on you either.”

Sehun ignored the boy and walked away. “Its not my business.”

Kai glared at Sehun’s back as he walked away from the scene.

“What was that about?” Kris asked.

The wind picked up speed as soon as Sehun stepped into the school field. He opened and clenched his fists.

“What the hell is that bastard up to.”

Luhan opened his eyes. He was trying to take a quick nap before school started when he felt a surge of anger that woke him up. He looked outside the window and saw the trees bending and leaves and debris flying everywhere.

“He’s angry.”

Kyungsoo and Yixing looked outside and noticed the chaos as well. They looked at each other communicating through their eyes. An angry Sehun was never a good thing.

Luhan stood up and stretched. “Well I guess as a good older cousin I should go see what’s gotten into our Prince.” Luhan grinned. “I’ll see you boys later.” He saluted at the two and then left whistling with his arms behind his head.<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter