Chapter 14

Hanlim's School for the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin was currently sitting in the living room with the vampires. She tapped her foot on the floor not knowing what else to do. After she had finished her meal the group had moved to the living room and has been sitting in silence ever since. She has never been more awkward and out of place. She felt more out of place than when she was with the demons. At least with the demons Luhan’s personality made it less awkward. He was able to keep the conversation going and there weren’t any awkward pauses. However, now here with the vampires she didn’t know what to do.

Baekhyun was sitting beside her just smiling and staring at her. Tao had his arms crossed in front of him sitting on the opposite side staring at her with a blank face. Suho looked like he wanted to say something to her and would open his mouth, but would then look away, and then would repeat the same action again. Lastly, Xiumin was just playing with his ice in his palms and whistling.

Yerin broke the silence and cleared .

“Ahem, shouldn’t we get ready for bed?”

“But it’s still early.” Xiumin sat up.

Yerin looked at the clock that was hanging on the wall which pointed to a little over 11 o’clock.

This is early? We have school tomorrow.

“Yerin is right. We should retire early to bed. Yerin must be tired.” Baekhyun voiced out.

“Baekhyun is right.” Suho agreed. “She needs her rest. We’re use to staying up, but she isn’t, and we have school tomorrow.”

“But this is a good opportunity to get to know each other more!” Xiumin said. “Let’s play a little game before we sleep.” 

Yerin raised an eye at the boy. “What kind of game?”

Xiumin grinned. “Truth or Dare.”

Yerin raised an eyebrow. “Truth or Dare?”

Xiumin nodded his head. “We can get to know each other better! I can’t take this awkward silence.”

Tao rolled his eyes. “Hyung, she’s only here with us for tonight." 

“I know that!” Xiumin glared at Tao. “But it’s a great way to get to know her better and she can get to know us as well. We can all get closer to each other. Wouldn't that be great?” He looked at Yerin. “How about it? Want to play?”

Yerin looked at Xiumin’s expectant eyes. This would be a great way to get to know about them and their powers. So far I only know Baekhyun’s and Xiumin’s. She looked over at Suho and Tao. I need to know theirs as well. What’s the harm? I have nothing to lose.

“I’m in.”

“Great!” Xiumin smirked. “But let’s make this more interesting.”

Yerin and the boys watched as Xiumin went into the kitchen and then came back with two bottles of alcohol.

“Hyung.” Baekhyun said.

“Xiumin it’s a school night.” Suho gaped at the elder. “We can’t possibly be drinking.”

“Don’t be a square.” He set the bottles down.

“What are we going to do with the alcohol?” Yerin eyed the bottle. She was not the best at holding in her liquor. She blames it on her nonexistent social life. She was never able to go to parties like other normal kids her age. She was always home on the weekends training and never attended or was ever invited to any school parties. Therefore, she never experienced drinking. Her tolerance for it was basically nonexistence.

“We’re going to drink it! Here’s how it’s going to go. We ask you a truth or dare question. If you fail at a dare or refuse to do it, you take a shot.” He poured 5 shots into 5 shot glasses. “And for every truth you don’t want to answer, you take a shot.” Xiumin grinned slyly. “You still in or are you chickening out?”

Yerin puffed her cheeks. She was not good at holding her alcohol but this was the best chance she is ever going to get to get any information from the vampires. I just need to keep picking dare so that they won’t get any information out of me. I should be fine.

“I’m in.”

“Yay! Now everyone gather around and let’s play!”

“Do we have to?” Tao groaned as he made his way onto the floor where Xiumin had set up the game. “And why are we sitting on the floor?”

“Stop whining Tao and stop asking questions!”

Suho let out a defeated breath and sat down. He knew he wasn’t going to be able to get out of this. Xiumin was way too excited and he knew better than to argue and get the older boy mad.

Baekhyun sat down next to Yerin. “Are you sure you want to play?”

Yerin nodded. “How hard can it be? It’ll be fine.”

Baekhyun looked at her warily. “Are you good at holding your alcohol?”

“Huh? Why?”

“Knowing Xiumin he's probably not going to stop until we finish those bottles, and he might even bring out more. When Xiumin get's excited he tends to go a little overboard.”

Yerin widened her eyes.

“You can leave the game if you want to. Don’t force yourself if you can't handle it.” Baekhyun looked at her worried. 

Yerin shook her head. “I’ll be fine. I can do it.”

“LET’S PLAY!”

Yerin look at the excited vampire.  

She hoped she wasn’t going to regret it.  

“Ok why don’t you go first?” Xiumin looked at Yerin.

She looked around and made eye contact with Suho.

“Suho truth or dare?”

“Dare.”

“I dare you to show me your powers.”

Suho raised a brow. “Why? That’s a rather odd dare.” He narrowed his eyes at the girl. 

Yerin shrugged. “I couldn’t think of anything and I'm curious.” It's not the most subtle way of finding out but I'm doing this for one reason and one reason only. I need to know. 

Suho eyed the girl suspiciously. "Out of all the dares you can ask yet you choose that."

"What can I say, I'm not very creative with dares."

Before Suho interrogate her further Xiumin cut in.  

“Do the dare or take the shot!” Xiumin exclaimed. "Hurrryyyyy!"

Suho sighed. “Fine.”

Suho opened the palm of his hand and a sphere of water formed above it.

“Water.” Yerin let out softly.

Baekhyun nodded. “Suho hyung can manipulate water. He can manipulate the moisture in the air or from any source of liquid.”

Yerin looked over at Suho. Water. Then he can’t be possibly be responsible for the murders then. They were all burned. There’s no way that he could’ve done it. Yerin sighed. At least now I know that he can manipulate water. Its better than nothing. So he controls one of the elements. Oh Sehun controls the wind, Do Kyungsoo controls Earth, Xiumin controls ice, and now Suho controls water. The elementals are some of the stronger abilities that one can control, and there are two elemental wielders in the Vampire Clan. She thought looking at Xiumin and Suho. Then who hones fire? Could it be him? Her attention went to Tao. 

“Next!” Xiumin yelled and looked at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun looked over at Tao. “Tao.”

Tao raised a brow.

“Truth of dare?”

Tao smirked. “What do you take me for hyung? Dare.”

Baekhyun smirked. “I dare you to the bottom of Xiumin’s foot.”

“What the hell. Hyung!”

“YAH BYUN BAEKHYUN!”

Baekhyun grinned. “Hey you said anything goes as long as we don’t leave the house.”

Tao mumbled some incoherent words until he pulled Xiumin’s foot up to his face and his foot. He then threw Xiumin's foot away and gagged. Tao then quickly picked up the shot glass and drowned it.

“But you did the dare.” Yerin looked at the boy.

“And because of that I’m going to need disinfect my tongue with some alcohol.”

“You could’ve just taken the shot instead of me!” Xiumin burst. "Now I have saliva all over my foot." 

“I wasn’t going to back down from a dare.”

“Moving on.” Suho sighed.

It was Suho's turn and he looked over at Yerin. 

"Truth or Dare?" 

"Dare."

"I dare you to tell me the real reason why you wanted to know what my power is." 

"I already told you. I couldn't think of a dare to ask so I went with something I was curious about." 

"You're lying."

"And how would you know that? Are you a mind reader?" 

"I can just tell. You are lying and you know it." 

"Hyung." Baekhyun warned. 

Suho narrowed his eyes at the girl. "You're lying and I know you know it as well. There is a reason why you wanted to know and I think I already have a good guess on why." 

"I don't know what you are talking about, but since you are so adamant on saying that I'm lying," Yerin picked up her shot glass and drowned it. "There. Since you don't believe me then I'll just take the shot. Just take it as I refused the dare. Happy?" 

"Far from it."

The two continued to glare at each other. 

"Ok, let's break this up. The tension is too high. We're suppose to be having fun getting to know each other, not argue. Let's move on." Xiumin cut in. He looked over at Suho and warned him with his eyes. Cut it out. Baekhyun is going to get angry if you continue. Do it at another time. We're just trying to get to know each other right now. You're taking it too far. 

Suho just huffed and drowned his shot. 

The game continued on with outrageous dares courtesy of the boys. Xiumin daring Suho to let him wax his leg hair, Suho daring Baekhyun to pour honey up his nose and then coating it with flour, to Xiumin pouring hot sauce down Tao’s nose, almost killing the poor guy. Luckily, for Yerin, they took it easy on her and only gave her the easier dares like eating a spoonful of hot sauce and eating cereal off the floor like a bird. She’ll take her dares over any of what the boys were doing any day. Suho however was another story. He kept trying to ask her about her motive for attending Hanlim and why her sudden friendliness to Baekhyun. He was already suspicious of her after she asked about his powers. Granted, she admitted that asking that right off the bat was the wrong choice on her part, but she couldn’t do anything about it now. Because Yerin kept picking dare he kept daring her to tell him the truth which resulted her to keep drowning down shots. Thankfully, with the consistent evil glare from Xiumin, Suho had stopped the interrogation. However. she was already feeling the effects of the alcohol. 

Throughout the night Yerin discovered how close the vampires were to each other. She realized that although they may look cold and heartless, typical stereotypes for vampires, they were a very tight knit group of friends. Despite the crazy dares that they have been giving each other she could tell that they were really close and their laughter were genuine. She looked at Baekhyun who had a huge smile he had on his face. It was strange, but somehow seeing him enjoying himself made her smile as well. 

She also figured out their personalities as the night went on. Xiumin was the oldest and was both mature and immature at the same time, if that was even possible. He would be seriously talking about something and then turn around and act like a complete child when something didn't go his way. He has a bubbly personality, and was a little of a free spirit and did what he wanted. Since he was the oldest no one really stopped him from what he wanted to do, but besides that, she could tell that the boys respected the older male. If Xiumin said something, the boys followed. They trusted him. 

Suho, albeit not the oldest, see

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter