Chapter 18

Hanlim's School for the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kris walked into their dorms. He was tired but he was glad that he was able to have a talk with Yerin. He hoped that by him, offering an olive branch first, that Yerin would be more willing to give his pack a chance. It would be hard he knew that, but for Kai's sake he hoped she would be willing to do it. Kris sighed, even if he was able to convince Yerin there was still two big obstacles in the way that he needed to take care of. Speaking of which, he walked towards their living room and saw them, the two obstacles. 

The first one, Chanyeol, was watching tv and laughing loudly on the sofa. 

And the second one, Chen, who was spread out on the sofa.

Kris groaned.

How am I going to convince these two?

Chen saw the male and greeted him. 

“Hey you’re home.”

Chanyeol looked over and acknowledge their alpha as well.

Kris hummed a greeting and proceeded to head towards the kitchen to get some water.

“Where did you go?” Chanyeol bounced over him.

Kris chugged down a water bottle.

“Just somewhere.”

“Aw waeee, come on tell us.” Chen whined.

Kris looked at the two. To others they were good for nothing playboys that did nothing but sleep around, but in reality they are just a bunch of dorks. They were just like any other boys their age. They mean no harm; they just have trouble holding in their emotions. But who could blame them, it’s in their nature, being hot-blooded. However, Kris knew them and he was sure that Yerin would grow fond of them too if they both give each other a chance to get to know one another. But that’s the hard part. Convincing Yerin was already difficult, how was he going to convince two hot tempered wolves who already have animosity against the girl. He really can’t tell them to do it for Kai. They would surely lose it if they knew the truth. He needed them to be comfortable with the girl first before he could tell them that Yerin was Jongin's mate. 

Kris went to ruffle Chanyeol’s hair.

“Hyuunnnggg.” Chanyeol whined fixing his hair. “What was that for?”

“You’re as tall as me but you’re still such a pup. When are you going to grow up.” Kris gave him a doting grin.

“Pfftt.” Chen started laughing.

“You too Jongdae.” Kris said. “You’re both still babies.”

Chen rolled his eyes. “You’re only a few months older than us. Why are you acting like you’re so much older?”

Kris clucked his tongue. “Can’t I just dote on you two for a bit?”

“Nope.” Chen grinned.

If only you two weren’t so damn hard headed.

“Can we go running tonight? We haven’t run in a while and I feel like my joints are all stiff.”

Chanyeol nodded. “Yes! Can we?!”

“You two don’t have dates tonight?”

“Hyung, we need rest days too you know.” Chen grinned.

Kris gave him a disgusted look but nodded. “Alright.”

“Great! Let me go get Kai.”

“NO!”

Chen turned around surprised at Kris's objection. “Why not?”

Chanyeol looked at the alpha confused.

Kris cleared his throat. “I mean that I would go tell Jongin. I have to talk to him.”

“We’ll go too.”

“No you two stay here.”

“Why? What are you going to talk about that we can’t hear too?” Chen asked.

“I’m going to be giving him a lecture about his behavior recently. So unless you two want to listen to that as well-wait you know what? Yes, you two come along as well. I need to reprimand you three. You three have not been behaving recently and certainly have been way over your head thinking that its ok for you all to act like that. You all are royals and you need to start carrying yourselves better. Starting fights, staying out late- “

“I just remembered I forgot to do my homework. Bye hyung!” Chanyeol ran away.  

“I need to use the restroom, its an emergency! You go get Kai. Bye!” Chen scurried off quickly.

Kris let out a relieve breath when he saw the two had ran away from him. He couldn’t let the two go see Kai in his current condition. He was a mess before they left for school and Kris could only hope that the young wolf was doing better. He proceeded to Kai’s room.

Kris entered the room and walked towards the bed to see Kai still whimpering and his face scrunched together. Kris took the cloth off his forehead and checked his temperature.

Kris panicked when his hand came in contact with a scorching forehead. He then pulled Kai’s shirt up to check on his wound. He in a breath when he saw that blood was seeping through the bandages. He unwrapped the bandages and saw the wound still open.

“Damnit.” Kris said as he removed the bandages.  

He’s going to have to reapply medicine and rewrap the bandages.

“Why is it not healed yet? It doesn’t even look like it healed at all since yesterday.” Kris mumbled as he cleaned the wound. After fixing Kai up as best as he could, Kris sat on the edge of the bed. A tired breath came out of him. He did not know why Kai’s wound wasn’t healing. Even if he was stabbed by a silver blade it shouldn’t be this bad. His wolf’s super natural ability should be healing that wound up. Even if not completely, it should be healing to some extent. However, the wound has not healed at all and by the looks of it, it’s starting to look infected. 

This isn’t good. Kris thought as he looked at the sweating boy. What do I do?

Yerin walked out of the shower drying her hair. She was already dressed for bed. She sat down on her bed and thought back to her conversation with Kris.

FLASHBACK

“Your wolf. What color is your wolf’s coat?”

Kris tilt his head puzzled.

“My wolf’s coat? Why?”

“I just need to confirm something.”

I need to confirm if you’re my wolf Yerin thought. She knew it was outrageous to even consider that Kris was her black wolf but after talking to him she just thought maybe. Just maybe he was her black wolf. Maybe that’s why he wasn’t afraid to get close to her even though she was outcasted by everyone in this school. It made sense on why he wouldn’t tell her who he was as well. He couldn’t tell her that it was him because he was the alpha of the Royal Wolf pack, a noble. He has every reason to hide his identity. Yerin’s heart started racing. She looked at the wolf in front of her. In all honestly she wouldn’t mind if it was him. After talking to Kris, Yerin liked him. His personality was so different from his pack. She wouldn’t mind being Kris’s friend and she was more than happy to know the identity of her mysterious wolf. Maybe now they don’t need to hide out in the woods at night anymore to talk. They can do it normally with each other face to face. She would really like that. She didn't know why but that black wolf that she met had a special place in her heart. She wanted to know who he was. 

Kris was confused on why Yerin was asking something so strange. It was weird for her to ask him the color of his wolf so randomly.

“Kris?”

Kris blinked. “Oh,sorry. Grey. My coat is grey.”

Yerin blinked. “Grey?”

Kris nodded.

A disappointed expression fell on her face.

“Why? Is something wrong?” he asked concerned.

Yerin shook her head. “No, nothing’s wrong.”

So it’s not you.

Yerin laid herself down on her bed. She didn’t know why she was so disappointed. Maybe she will never find out who that mysterious black wolf is. She turned her head as she stared at her backpack hanging on the door. Another one of her problems.

She was disappointed all day that she was not able to see Sehun. She looked for him everywhere in school but he was nowhere to be found. She was short of just going up to the demons and asking them where he was. She wanted to see him. 

Oh Sehun where are you?

RING RING RING

Yerin sat up and picked up her phone.

“Hello?”

“I hope you’re having a good evening daughter.”

Yerin sighed. “I was. Is there a reason for this lovely phone call father?”

“Have you heard the news?

“What news?” her brows scrunched together.

“Three bodies were discovered in the outskirts of town. All burned to death.”

Yerin shot up. “What?”

“You are at the school to investigate this cime. How can another murder happen without your knowledge?”

“When was this?” Yerin had no idea this had happened.

“The bodies were found just recently, but by the looks of it the murder most likely took place the day before.”

“But it was in the outskirts of town, that’s miles from Hanlim.”

“Commissioner Lee did not disclose this to public but from what the forensics have found they said that the murder didn’t happen there. The place where the bodies were found isn’t the crime scene.”

“You mean…”

“They were moved there. Probably to throw off the investigation on where the crime really happened. You have been at Hanlim for a while. Have you found any new information?”  

“I have. Luhan, the Demon’s Prince’s cousin, is a telepath. He can read minds and has telekinesis. So far none of the demons in the Royal family at Hanlim seems to possess the power of fire or to burn in anyway.”

Junjin hummed. “And the vampires?”

“From my new findings, the vampire Suho can control water. He can manipulate any liquids of any content. Xiumin, the oldest vampire in the court, can control ice. And the youngest Tao, he can manipulate time.”

“Time you say?”

“Yes.”

“How much of time can he manipulate?”

“I’m not sure, but from what I understand is that when he does use his power it takes a toll on his body. I believe there is a limit on how much he can manipulate according to how much energy it drains from him.”

“A vampire that can control time.” Junjin frowned. “That won’t be good if anything is to happen and he uses that power of his. Keep a close eye on that vampire. He might be trouble in the future. If he does end up being a problem, you know what you have to do.”

A pained expression made its way on Yerin’s face. She knew what her father was insinuating. Tao’s smiling face popped into her thoughts and the thought of possibly ending his life now feels incredibly hard. If she was to do the task before she met the boy she would’ve done it without hesitation but now, she doesn’t know if she can. She has grown fond of the boy.

“And what about those mutts?”

“Huh?” Yerin snapped out of her thoughts of Tao. "I'm sorry. Who?" 

“The wolves. What have you gathered about them?”

“I-” Yerin closed . What had she gathered from them?

Yerin had just realized that she knew nothing about the wolves since she got to Hanlim. Every single one of her encounters with the wolves have not been pleasant and she had gathered absolutely no information on them besides them being playboys and that they hated her guts. Except for Kris, but she couldn’t possibly tell her father that. That information was completely useless.

“I’m sorry.” She mumbled. “But I have nothing on them.”

“You had all this time to research at this school and you have absolutely nothing to tell me about them?”

“I’m sorry.”

“You disappoint me Yerin. Did you think you were sent there for vacation? You were sent to Hanlim on behalf of the Council to learn about these monsters and report back to us about your findings. So far the information you have gathered had little to help with the murders. How many more humans have to die until you decide to take this mission seriously? Maybe it was a bad idea to send you. Maybe you should come back home and let someone else handle this.”

“No!” Yerin yelled. “I can do it. Let me stay.”

“If you want to stay then I expect results. Learn about the wolves. Especially that Prince Kai and report back to me when you find out anything. Time is ticking. We can’t keep waiting for them to kill us all off first. Don't disappoint me more than what you already have.”

Junjun hung up when he finished.

Yerin sighed as she placed the phone down on laid her back back down on the bed.

Everything was a mess. How was she supposed to know anything about the wolves? She figured she can start with Kris. For once she was grateful that the alpha was the first to call a truce with her. However, the rest of his pack is going to be a problem.

Maybe I can just get close to Kris and find out all I need from him. Maybe I won’t need to talk to the other wolves. Especially that Kai.

BZZZZTT BZZZZTT

Yerin felt her phone vibrate and reached out for it. She had received a new text.

KRIS WU

Yerin furrowed her brows. They had exchanged numbers earlier today but she didn’t think that he would be texting her already.

Maybe this is a good thing. I can start getting closer to him.

Yerin opened up the message.

I need a favor.

“I guess it’s not a simple hello. What could he possibly want.” she mumbled. 

I don’t think we are that close yet to be doing each other favors. Yerin sent.

I know. I wouldn’t have asked if I’m not desperate, but I really need your help.

Now Yerin was curious. What could he possibly need from her.

What is it?

Jongin is very hurt and I was hoping that you can come over and watch over for him for a little while.

“What the . He must be joking.”

The joke isn’t funny. I don’t think you have a future in comedy.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter