Chapter 16

Hanlim's School for the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“YOU ! I HATE YOOOOUUUUU!!!!” Yerin shouted at the top of her lungs.

She was beyond mad. She had run up the school’s rooftop after her little meeting with the Headmistress. The Headmistress had given her a warning and had informed her that her behavior will be reported back to her father. Not only that but Yerin was on the verge of being suspended. The Headmistress had warned her that if she gets into trouble one more time that she will have to suspend the girl.

“ING !!! HOW THE WAS IT MY FAULT?!”

Yerin was so angry. It was those damn wolves fault! How was it hers?! All she wanted to do was to go to school but noooooo the vampires had to decide to be all buddy buddy with her today and then the wolves had to come start trouble.

“How the hell is it my fault that those stupid dogs wanted to start a fight.” She mumbled. Yerin got more irritated when she remembered that the demons got involved as well. 

"How the hell was I suppose to know they were all so easily wound up this morning and it almost turned into a fight. Stupid Vampires, stupid Wolves, stupid Demons." The worst part of it all was that the Headmistress had blamed the incident all on her. She did not listen or wanted to hear an excuse that the Royal Trinity was involved. In the Headmistress's words it was Yerin's fault that they all got angry at each other in the first place. What did she even do?! Her mission here have barely started and she was already one foot out the door. 

“ THIS SCHOOL! I HATE THIS SCHOOL! I HATE THAT STUPID ! AHHHHHHHHHHHH!” she screamed at the top of her lungs.

“You’re so ing noisy.”

Yerin stopped her screaming and turned around. 

Where did that voice come from? 

Yerin looked around and saw no one. 

Was I just hearing things?

She walked around the corner and stopped. There was a body on the ground behind the wall. 

What is he doing here?

Yerin walked closer to the male when he opened his eyes. 

“Are you always so damn loud?” Sehun groaned, his voice deep and husky from just waking up.

“Excuse me?”

“Do you know how much sleep I have lost because of your bothersome wailing?”

Yerin scoffed. “Well sorry, I didn’t know this roof had turned into a bed and breakfast. How was I supposed to know you’re sleeping here?”

Sehun blew out a breath and closed his eyes still laying on the ground. “Now you know so leave.”

“You little .” Yerin mumbled. “Just what is your problem? If you haven’t noticed already I’m having a bad day and it’s all thanks to your friends!”

“Not my problem." Sehun turned his head and faced the girl. "You’re the one who came into school parading with the Vampire Royals. What were you doing, showing off?”

Yerin scoffed. “Showing off for what? For your information I didn’t even want to come to school with them but that stupid Byun Baekhyun didn’t really give me a choice.”

“Oh so you’re close to the Vampire Prince now huh. Close enough to address him so casually.”

“And what if I am? What does it have to do with you? And can you please get up! The ground is dirty you can’t possibly be ok laying on this hard concrete. Plus I’m wearing a skirt! Have some manners!”

“First, I don’t care if you’re close to him or not, I was just stating what I saw. Second, I find the ground very comfortable to lay down on for your information. And third, I don’t care that you’re wearing a skirt. Its’ not like I’m dying to sneak a peek under it, but you can sit down if you’re so concerned about my wandering eyes. Not that I’m interested. There's nothing much to see anyway.” Sehun said as he closed his eyes again.

Yerin felt her face heat up. This guy has a comeback for everything she says. Yerin huffed and sat down next to Sehun. She placed her elbows on her legs and held her face with her hands staring at him.

"."

Out of all the Princes, Yerin had the least amount of interaction with the Demon Prince. He always seemed too bored or tired to do or say anything. He was always so far out of her reach but right now he is laying right here in front of her.

“Are you not going to leave?” Sehun looked at the girl. 

"No, I'm waiting for you to fall asleep so I can off you." 

Sehun scoffed. "Like you can." 

"Wanna bet?"

"Why bet when I already know you'll be the one losing. You will never be able to land even a finger on me. I promise you that Hunter." 

"Cocky ."

"But you can't deny that it's the truth."

"Oh yeah!? If you're so confident how about we fight right now?!" 

"Not interested."

"NoT InTeReStEd." Yerin mocked. 

"What are you 5?" Sehun said as he closed his eyes. 

Yeirn scoffed. This sassy Demon. 

"." she mumbled. 

"I heard that." 

"Good!" she crossed her arms and pouted. 

Yerin sat there in silence for a couple minutes until she saw Sehun's steady breathing. 

"Hey." 

No answer.

“Yah, did you fall asleep again?”

Did he fall asleep already? So fast?

Yerin studied Sehun’s face. Out of all the Princes, Yerin had to admit that Sehun was the first one she took notice of. On the first day of school, when she first arrived, Sehun had already caught her eye. There was just something about him that she can’t really place her finger on. He was beautiful no doubt, but something about him put her in a trance. Even now as she watches him, there was just something about him that did something weird to her.

“Hey are you really asleep?” she asked again. She even nudged him for good measure but still Sehun didn't move.

Yerin studied Sehun. She wondered what he was like. Baekhyun was a flirt but can be intimidating when he wants to be from what she had seen so far. Kai, was a hot head she concluded. A playboy and . However, for Sehun, she completely has no idea. He was rude to her the first couple times they met but now he didn't seem that bad. Is there more to him? He was always disinterested in anything related to her or anything for that matter. Out of all the Princes she was oddly more interested in Sehun than the others. There always seem to be something always pulling her to find him. Not that she ever admitted it out loud, but right now with him in front of her, Yerin didn’t know what she was feeling.

Just what makes you so different Oh Sehun? Why can’t I figure you out?

Yerin stared at his closed eyes, his jawline, his lips, everything fascinated her. It was insane. She never was this calm around a supernatural being before. She hated them and wanted nothing to do with them. They were the human race’s mortal enemy. Beings that she had vowed to kill. It took Baekhyun many tries for her to even be on speaking terms with him. Yet now she’s sitting here admiring the Demon Prince. I must have gone insane. He's just lying there defenseless and vulnerable in front of her, but she has no intentions of doing anything she was trained to do. She couldn't even imagine trying to hurt him. All she wanted to do was for time to go by slowly so she can continue to stare at him.

He looks exhausted. Why is he always so tired? Does he not sleep well at night?

Unconsciously Yerin’s hand moved towards Sehun’s face and touched it.

She didn’t even know what she was doing until Sehun opened his eyes.

“What are you doing?” Sehun asked as he grabbed her hand. However, he kept her hand on his cheek. It wasn’t a tight grip but a very gentle one, like he didn’t want to hurt her.

Strangely enough Yerin wasn’t panicking either. She let her hand continue to rest on him as she looked at him.

"I'm trying to off you." she said softly. 

Sehun breathed out a smirk. "Oh really? By caressing my face?" 

"Yes. It would have worked too if you didn't wake up. I would've have off the famous Demon Prince." 

Sehun squeezed her hand that was still placed on his cheek. "Is that so?" 

"Yeah." she replied faintly. 

"If I didn't know any better, I would say that you're flirting with me right now Hunter." 

"I could say the same about you Demon."

"What are you trying to do?" 

“I don't know.” It was the truth. She didn’t know what she was doing. If only her father could see her now. He would pull her by the hair and dragged her home for being this intimate with a demon. In any other circumstances she would ripped her hand away and left, but she didn’t know why she just wanted to stay like this. She looked at Sehun’s tired eyes and felt her heart pinch.

"Why aren't you running off and cursing me out yet?" Sehun asked. 

"Why aren't you being an to me like all the other times before?" 

"Because I'm curios. You must really like touching me huh? To keep your hands on me." 

"Says the one who wouldn't let go of my hand."

"Says the one who's not making an effort to pull away." Sehun smirked.

He had her. She had no reply.

"I should rip your arm off for touching me you know that?" 

"But you won't."

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes." 

"How are you so sure?"

"I just know." 

Sehun looked at her eyes and he found no lie in her words and he knew himself he would never be able to do that as well. 

“You're always so tired.” she said softly as she rubbed his under eyes. 

Sehun looked at her eyes. They held no animosity towards him, they were just gentle. He was stunned. Can those eyes really be looking at him like that? Does he deserve this?

“I am.” He said softly. I've been tired for so long. 

"Don't you sleep at night?" 

"No." 

Yerin felt her heart constrict. "Then sleep now." Yerin moved and placed Sehun's head on her lap. He gave her a stunned look and her cheeks felt warm. "Just shut up and sleep before I change my mind. I'm being nice because I don't want you to die of exhaustion. I want to be the one who kills you myself." 

Sehun smirked. "Uh huh. It's not because of my handsome face? Are you charmed by me? Is that why you're being so nice? I still remember what Luhan said during lunch the other day. What you thought about me.That I'm smoking hot and my shirt just outlines my broad shoulders and chest just perfectly accentuating my body." 

Yerin felt her face heat up from embarrassment. "That's it you're dead." She tried to strangle Sehun but he just chuckled and pulled her hands away. 

Sehun snuggled his head into her lap. He felt comforted by having her being so close. He took one of her hand and held it over his chest and held it tight. 

"Since you want me so badly I'll give you the honor of holding me for today. But just so you know this is a one time deal. Be thankful I'm just too tired to fight with you right now or move anywhere else. And just in case you try anything remember I can easily rip your arm off."

Just this once, just this once and I won’t ask for anything more. Just let this moment last just a little longer. Just for right now. Let me be selfish once more because right now I am truly in bliss. 

"Oh gee thanks your majesty for this precious moment. I will heed your warning." Yerin mocked. 

"You're welcome." Sehun smirked. 

"You!" Yerin raised her hand, a gesture like she was about to slap him. 

Sehun chuckled and closed his eyes. He soon drifted to sleep. He was lying. The concrete floor of this rooftop was by no means comfortable. It was hard and cold. He had lied to Yerin but when he closed his eyes it was the fastest he had ever fallen asleep and the most serene sleep he had gotten in a very long time.

“Sweet dreams.” Yerin ran her free hand through his hair.

Yerin concluded that Oh Sehun can be quite intimidating, rude, arrogant, sassy, and an . However, he was also kind of cute and she liked his smile. He looks so much better when he smiles. It suits him. Yerin leaned her back against the wall. One hand playing with his hair and the other one clutching tightly over his chest. And oddly enough everything felt right to her, like how the universe all aligned for this moment for them to be together. She didn't know what she was doing, what she was thinking when she stayed but she was glad she did. Because right now she wasn't thinking of anything. She wasn't thinking that he was a demon and she was a hunter, she was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter