Chapter 10

Hanlim's School for the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

KNOCK KNOCK

Baekhyun looked up from his bed at the individual walking into his room.

“I hope I’m not disturbing you.” Suho said as he made his way into the room.

Baekhyun closed his book. “No, not at all. What brings you here?”

Suho sat on the bed and looked at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun sensing his hesitation sat up and placed the book on his side table. 

"You've been frowning since we came home from school. Just say it."

Suho sighed. “I was meaning to ask you earlier but I didn’t want the other boys to overhear.”

Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

“Today, earlier in class. You and the human hunter, Baek Yerin. What was that all about?”

A smile graced Baekhyun’s face at the mention of the girl.

“We’re friends now.”

“Friends?”

“Yes. I asked her to be my friend and she agreed.”

Suho scrunched his brows together.

"Why? Are you not happy about it?"

"No, no not at all. I should be happy, but-" Suho didn’t understand the situation at all. How did Baekhyun become friends with the girl so easily?

“You just asked her to be your friend and that’s it?” he asked skeptically.

“Yes, why is that so hard to believe?”

“Because Baekhyun, she obviously hated us when she came to our school. She even declared it in front of the whole class that she doesn’t like us and that she isn’t here to make friends. So why did she agree to be friends so easily?”

Baekhyun frowned. “Why is it so hard to think that maybe she wants to be my friend?"

"Baekhyun think logically about this. Doesn't it just seem odd to you? That this came out of no where. That she would agree so easily. We all know the real reason why she's here Baek. Don't act dumb. She was sent her by her father because of the murders that's been happening. We all know that. I don't want to think ill of her when I don't even know her but Baekhyun, don't you think its a little strange on why she would want to get close to you?"

"Stop it." Baekhyun stood up and faced his back towards Suho, hands clenched.

"Baekhyun please. Please just think reasonably." Suho stood up. “Baek look, I’m just thinking logically here. Whatever you think you might be feeling, whatever it is, it might not even be real. You might just be imagining this feeling of affection for hunger. Her blood might smell different to you just because you just want to feed from her. Maybe you should re-evaluate the situation and think carefully on this before you go any further.”

"Why are you saying that?! Why can't this be real? Why are you doubting my feelings?! Why is it so hard to think that maybe she wants to be my friend as well? That maybe this isn’t all one sided and that maybe she might feel something for me too?!” Baekhyun angrily faced Suho. Baekhyun’s eyes glowed red and the lightbulbs in the room all shattered, leaving the moonlight shining from the window as the only source of light. The atmosphere in the room was heavy. Baekhyun stared at Suho with a murdeous gaze while the latter looked softly at the younger boy. 

“AW MAN WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ELECTRICITY!?” Tao’s whine echoed through the mansion breaking the tense silence.

"Baekhyun, I'm just worried about you. I care for you alot and I don't want to see you get hurt. Baekhyun you are my brother, we are family please hear me out think about-"

“Get out.” Baekhyun said lowly. “Get out before I do something I will regret.”

Suho looked at Baekhyun’s murderous eyes. “I’m just worried about you. I know you want to believe that somehow she could be your soulmate but-”

“GET OUT!” A fource of light bursts out from Baekhyun’s body blowing Suho to the wall.

Suho's back hit the wall with immense force and he slid down the wall. He groaned at the pain and let out heavy breaths. He took a couple seconds to collect himself before picking himself up slowly from the ground. He looked up at the younger male in front of him. He could tell that Baekhyun was furious and if he pushed anymore it would be dangerous to himself, the others, and Baekhyun. 

“I’ll leave. But, I’m just worried about you. I care for you a lot and I don't want you to get hurt Baekhyun.” Suho turned around and headed out but he didn’t miss the soft broken whisper as the door closed behind him.

“I just want to be loved for once.”

Suho felt his heart break. He clutched his abdomen, hurt from the blast earlier, as he made his way away from the room. You deserve all the love in the world Baekhyun. I just don't want to see you get hurt. You deserve the world. 

Kai teleported back into his room out of a puff of black smoke. He couldn’t keep the smile off his face. He just had the most wonderful time with his mate even if it was only for an hour. She had fell asleep shortly after their little argument. The smile on his face grew wider when he remembered how she unconsciously snuggled into him. He had circled his giant wolf body arounf her, careful not to wake her. He loved the feeling of her with him. Although he wanted to stay with her longer, he knew that she had to go back to her dorms or she'll be in trouble. He had teleported her back to the girl’s dorm, unfortunately he didn’t know where her room was, and because he could only teleport to places he’s been before, he regrettably had to lay her on the lobby couch. He had made sure he placed a small blanket over her body and left her a note before leaving. He hoped the security guard would wake her up once he makes his round around the girls dorms. He didn’t want her to spend the night on the lobby couch and have back pains the following day. If only he knew where her room was, then he would’ve been able to tuck her into bed.

"Next time." Kai smiled as he took off his shirt and threw it at a random corner in his room.

He was planning on showering before a voice made him look up.

“You better pick up that dirty shirt. Your room is a pigsty Kim Jongin.”

Kai was taken aback when he saw who was sitting on his bed. 

“What are you doing in my room?”

“We need to talk.”

Kai groaned. “Can we talk about this later? I really need a shower. I’ve been running all day. I smell.” Kai grimaced as he caught a whiff of himself.

“Trust me, I would love for you to shower and get rid of that unbearable stench, but we need to talk.”

Kai sighed. “You already said that.” Kai dropped himself on the beanbag at the corner. “So what? What did you want to talk about?”

Kris observed the boy. “You’ve been acting weird recently.”

“Tsk,how?”

“You haven’t brought any girls home.”

Kai snorted. “So you want me to bring girls home? I thought you would be happy that I haven’t. You’re the one who keeps telling us that we should stop with that habit. Why? Do you want me to start bringing girls home again?”

“It’s not that I’m not happy about this change. It’s that it’s strange that you haven’t, and don’t say that it’s because of me. You and the other two have always did whatever you three wanted regarding your sleeping habits. So explain to me, why the sudden change?”

Kai shrugged, “No reason. I just got tired of it that’s all. Taking a little break. I need a breather from all those whiny girls.”

Kris cocked his eyes. “A breather? You have been doing this since you hit puberty and learned about the opposite , and now you’re telling me you’re tired? Do you think I’m stupid? I have seen your odd mood swings recently and don’t tell me that’s normal. One moment you’ll be fine and then all of a sudden you’ll be furious and raging out of the building. You’ll leave angry and then you’ll come back all giddily like today. Don’t pretend. You ran out of school today enraged and skipped the whole day. Now all of a sudden you come back and you have this pathetic grin plastered on your face ever since you popped into your room. What is going on?” Kris crossed his arms as he interrogated the younger male.

Kai rolled his eyes. “You’re really overreacting. I was just in a bad mood and I just left for a run. After the run I felt better. That’s it.”

“Oh really? And tell me, what did you do on this run?”

“Nothing.”

“You’re telling me that you left for more than 6 hours outside just running and nothing happened?”

“Yes, nothing happened. I took a run in the woods then fell asleep. I woke up feeling better and just came back home. That’s all.”

“Don’t lie to me Jongin. Just by running you were able to come back smiling like you did?”

“Maybe I had some fun with someone before I came back.” Kai challenged. “Why does it matter to you? Would you rather me still be angry?”

Kris stared at the younger boy. “Jongin, tell me the truth.” He observed Kai’s face carefully as he said his next words. “Call me crazy but I can’t help but feel there is something else going on. Jongin, does your recent actions have anything to do with that human girl?”

Kai’s eyes flashed blue for a split second at the mention of the said girl. It was so fast that one would’ve missed it but Kris didn’t.

“Don’t be absurd.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter