Chapter 17

Hanlim's School for the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin folded the jacket neatly and placed it into her backpack. She had washed the item last night and she was determined to find the Demon Prince to return it to him today. She didn’t know why she felt a little skip in her heart thinking about him. She was wrong about Oh Sehun. She didn’t think he was bad at all. In fact, she liked him more than she would like to admit, even if she only spent a few hours with the boy. Yerin let out a small smile.

Yerin stepped into school looking around.

“Yerin!”

Tao ran up to her with the other vampires trailing behind.

“Where were you yesterday? You disappeared after going to the Headmistress’s.”

Baekhyun gave her a worried look. He had taken the spot on her other side.

“Oh, I just didn’t feel like going back to class after being yelled at.” Yerin shrugged.

“Where did you go to then?” Tao asked.

Yerin opened but then closed it. She didn’t think it’ll be a good idea letting the vampires know that she was with Sehun, the Demon Prince, after the big scene yesterday.

Suho gave her a questioning look when she hesitated to answer.

“Back to my dorm. Yeah, that’s it. I thought that I deserved the day off so I went back to sleep.”

The vampires nodded. 

The group was walking to their classes and Yerin tried her best not to let the whispers and stares from the other students get to her. She mentally sighed. Ignore them. Ignore them.

Yerin didn’t see Sehun in the hallways as she made her way to her first class. She wondered if the lazy Prince even gets up this early and a small smile appeared unconsciously.

Baekhyun noticed it as they sat down in their seats.

“You’re in a good mood today.”

“Huh?” Yerin looked at the boy. “Oh, it’s just a beautiful day today isn’t it?” she smiled at him and Baekhyun couldn’t help but smile back adoringly at the girl.

“Yeah, just beautiful.” He said softly gazing at her.

Yerin saw Luhan and Lay walk in. The older boy smiled and waved at her before going to his seat.

If Luhan and Lay are here that means he is too. Right?

For the first time Yerin stepped into Hanlim she was excited for school.

The bell for lunch rang.

“Let’s go to lunch? Tao has been whining that he’s hungry and that we should hurry.”

Yerin eyed the demons who had made their way out the classroom already.

“Actually I need to do something. I’ll see you back in class later.”

“What did you need to do? You need to eat-”

Baekhyun wasn’t able to finish when Yerin had already taken her backpack and ran out of the classroom. Baekhyun scrunched his face up in confusion.  

 

Yerin ran after the two demons.

“Luhan! Yixing!” she shouted causing the two to stop and turn around to look at her.

“Oh Yerinnie.” Luhan smiled at her.

Lay looked at he fondly. “What can we help you with?”  

“Ah-” she stopped herself. She couldn’t look too eager to see Sehun. “Where are you guys off to?”

Luhan smiled at her. “Lunch! Want to join us?”

“Would that be alright?”

“Of course Yerinie! You are always welcome to have lunch with us!” Luhan pulled her closer to him by the shoulder and steered her towards the cafeteria.

“By the way, thank you for yesterday.” Lay spoke up.

“Thank you? For what?”

“Defending me yesterday from Chanyeol.”

“Oh.” Yerin looked at Lay. “Don’t mention it. That imp had some nerve to be talking about you like that. Next time you should burst one of his veins open or blow up his arm.”

Yixing chortled. “So violent.”

Yerin grinned. “He deserves it for talking bad about you. I’ll take your side over that giant any day. You’re one of the few here that I actually like.”

Yixing smiled. “Good to know.”

The three soon made it to the cafeteria. More whispers and murmurs started when they saw that Yerin was now with the Royal Demons.

 

“Look at her. This morning she was all over the Vampire Royals now she’s with the Demons!”

“What a !”

“Wow I wonder what she has that made them so interested in her.”

“Of course they’re not interested in that filth! How dare you say that!”

“Why is Yerin with the demons?” Suho asked and looked at his friends.

“I don’t know.” Xiumin shrugged.

Tao huffed. “I wanted her to have lunch with us today.” He crossed his arms. “Why is she even with them.” Tao said irritated.

Baekhyun looked at the girl. She said she needed to do something. What did she have to do that involved the demons? Baekhyun frowned.

“We can’t control who she hangs out with.” Xiumin voiced. “Just ask her about it later.”

Suho scoffed. “That’s if she’ll tell us anything. Did you think she considered us friends after just spending one night together? Let’s be real, we don’t know what she thinks of us.”

Baekhyun stood up suddenly. The vampires all looked at him.

“I’m not hungry. I’ll see you guys later.”

Tao frowned as he watches Baekhyun leave and glared at Suho.

“What?” Suho felt offended that their youngest was looking at him with such irritation.

“You know how he feels about Yerin. Why do you keep making her seem like a bad person in front of him?”

“Zitao, I know you’ve grown a soft spot for the girl but we still don’t know what her motive is.”

“I think Yerin is nice.” Tao mumbled and picked at his food. “And I think Baekhyun really cares for her too.”

Suho sighed. “Yeah, but does she feel the same for him?” he asked softly.

Xiumin pressed his lips together as he looked over at the girl. That’s a good question.

Yerin ignored all the gossip and walked towards the table DO was currently occupying while Luhan and Yixing went to grab their food.

DO raised a brow when Yerin sat down.

“What are you doing here?” DO questioned.

Yerin rolled her eyes. “What? I’m not welcome here?”

“What do you think?”

Yerin narrowed her eyes at the male.

“Don’t take what DO say to heart.” Yixing said, sliding a plate of food over to Yerin. “He actually has a soft spot for you.”

DO choked on his food. “Yah! What the hell are you talking about?!”

“Don’t deny it.” Yixing teased. “He thinks you’re strong. DO doesn’t like humans because he always presumed them to be weak. You are one of the rare ones that can actually hold your own in battle with him so he’s impressed by you.”

“Yah shut up.” DO growled out to Yixing embarrassed.  

Yerin grinned at the boy. “Ah, I see. So the almighty DO is nothing but a big softy inside.”

“You two keep talking about me like that and I’ll break both of your arms off.”

Yerin and Yixing chuckled.

“But seriously.” DO looked at the girl. “Why the sudden change? The last time you were here I recalled you didn’t enjoy our presence that much and walked away saying and, I quote, that you rather not do that again.”

Yerin cleared . She can’t just tell them the reason why she was here because she wanted to see Sehun. That would raise too many questions and she would rather not have that. Besides, she looked at Luhan approaching their table, she didn’t know why but her intuition told her be wary of Luhan.

“What are you all talking about?” Luhan asked as he sat down. “Yerinnie, I got you some cake! I hope you like it.” he smiled.

“Thank you.” Yerin said awkwardly as she took the desert.

“Eat your lunch first before desert.” Yixing said. “I didn’t know what you liked so I just got whatever I got. Eat.”

“Thanks.”

“We were just asking why she wanted to sit with us today.” DO said.

“Oh.” Luhan looked at the girl. His brows furrowed. That’s strange.

“Why are you staring blankly at me?” Yerin asked.

“Huh? Oh nothing.” He smiled and went back to his food. That’s really strange. I was able to read her mind before but now I can’t. What’s going on?

“Yah, you didn’t answer me. Why are you here?”

Yerin tsked. “So rude. I just wanted to hang out with you all. Is that so surprising?”

“Yes.” DO answered blankly at her.

Yerin scoffed and resumed eating. Yerin looked around and there was no sign of Sehun. She frowned.

“What’s wrong?” Yixing asked seeing her frown.

“Huh? Oh nothing.” She picked at her food. She looked at Yixing. “Is it just you three today?”

Yixing tilted his head. “What do you mean?”

“Aren’t you missing one person?”

Yixing blinked confused. “Ah, are you talking about Sehun?”

Yerin nodded. She hoped she didn't seem to obvious that she wanted to know about his whereabouts. “Doesn’t he usually hang out with you guys? I don’t see him here.”

“Sehun has days where he just disappears or wants to be alone. It’s not unusual for him not to be with us.” DO spoke up looking at her blankly.

“Oh.” Yerin mumbled. Her shoulders deflated when she found out that she won’t be seeing Sehun. I guess I’ll just have to try to find him again later.

 DO rested his cheek on his hand and looked at her. “The question is, why are you interested in his whereabouts?”

This perked Luhan’s interest and he turned his gaze to the girl.

Yerin scoffed. “I was just trying to make conversation. I just always seen you four together so I was curious why he was missing. I have no interest in him.” She lied hoping that it was believable.

DO narrowed his eyes at her trying to figure out what she was thinking.

“Uh huh.”

“Stop interrogating me. I just thought that we could all get closer that’s it.”

“Why the sudden change in attitude? When you first came here you could care less about us.”

“Well things changed since then.”

“Like what?”

Yerin looked at DO and her face soften. “I don't know."

After being with the Vampire Royals Yerin had a little change of heart. The vampires weren't all that bad and she wondered if the demons were the same.

"I was just thinking that maybe, maybe you all aren’t as bad as what I was taught.”

This surprised DO, Luhan, and Yixing.

“I admit it ok. Maybe I was bias when I first came into this school and didn’t give you all a chance. I came here with a one track mind that I should hate you all. Don't look at me like that, don’t act like you all didn’t feel the same way about me. I know you all hated the fact that I was a human and worse of all, a hunter. You all despised me as well before you even knew me, so this wasn't all one sided. We were both wrong but at least I’m trying to start over on a clean slate ok?!”

Yerin looked at the shocked look on their faces and felt her face heat up.

“So let’s all try again alright. It would be nice to get to know you all more.” she said softly.

Yerin initial plan was just to see Sehun but then she also wanted to get closer to the demons to know more about them. She didn’t know what she was telling them. She was confused. Did she say that for the mission or did she really mean the words she just said?

Her words stunned the three demons at the table. They didn’t know if they believed what they just heard her say. 

Yixing was the first one to break out from the daze. “I would like that.” he said with a soft smile. “I would like to get to know you better as well.”

Yerin smiled at him.

DO clucked his tongue. “I don't care for weak people.”

“Last time I checked I beat you.” Yerin snapped. 

DO scoffed. “In a real fight! Not that fake one.”

Yixing chuckled. “DO isn’t good with words. I think what he’s trying to say is he would like to get to know you better too.”

“Shut up. Don't act like you know what I want.” DO said as he avoided their gazes.

“I’m so happy Yerin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter