Chapter 6

Hanlim's School for the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin walked to class the next day. On the outside she looked normal but she was holding in the pain every time she took a step. She tried not to flinch showing any weakness until she made it to her classroom. She let out a breath after sitting down on her seat. She was early and there was almost no one else in the classroom. Although the nurse helped quite a bit in fixing her up, she knew she still needed more time to recover. However, she couldn’t hide out in her dorm room another day. She knew what this would look like to the rest of the students at the school. They’ll perceive her as weak, and that’s something she cannot let them think. She knows that being at this school was already a big issue for them, they didn’t want her here, and if she shows any weakness they won’t make her stay here any better than what it already is.

Her thoughts went to Kai’s and Baekhyun’s fight. The both of them were strong. Their hand to hand combat was amazing. They were obviously well trained. She was glad she was able to witness Baekhyun’s powers firsthand as well. Ironic that the Prince of Vampires would be the controller of light. She has never seen or met someone who could controled light before. To say she was impressed was an understatement. Baekhyun, she could tell, had a very good grasp of his powers. The way he was the way he was able to form them and controlling the lights spheres takes a great deal of concentration and control. He was able to have very good aim as well as she remembered that Kai was barely able to dodge his attacks.

Speaking of Kai, she remembered how he fought as well. He was quick and his punches were powerful. She remembered how he was able to knock Baekhyun across the gym. His wolf senses helped him dodge Baekhyun’s attacks well. She was just angry that she fainted before she could witness Kai’s wolf form. She wondered how it would look like. She has seen other wolves before during her missions but she wondered how Kai would look like. Thinking back to the playboy she remembered Baekhyun was able to graze his arm a bit with his light. She recalled how Kai winced and how bad the injury looked. She bit her lip. She knew he was an and she shouldn’t be feeling like this but she couldn’t help but become worried. She wondered if he was able to heal the wound or if he still has it. What am I thinking. He must have recovered from it by now. It’s almost been 2 days. She didn’t know why but she really wanted to know if he was alright.

“I must be out of my mind worrying about that dog.” She muttered to herself.

Her thoughts then went to Sehun. She remembered Sehun’s fight. He was so strong that he didn’t even need 3 minutes until he was able to knock Mino out completely. He didn’t even use his ability. Although she was able to find out he can control wind, she wasn’t able to see it first-hand. She really wanted to know how much stronger he is. She thought back to how he looked so relaxed, as if it was as simple as walking. There’s something about Sehun that she can’t quite figure out. Everytime she sees him she has this weird feeling inside her. She just can’t pinpoint what it is. Out of all three princes he was the most mysterious and she was determined to figure him out. Just what is the Demon Prince hiding. 

Yerin was in her own thoughts when she heard the chair next to her being dragged out. She turned to her side and saw Baekhyun. He placed a bag in front of her and then took a seat. Baekhyun blankly looked forward, not making eye contact her with her.

“I know that you still don’t like me. I understand. But you’re hurt and I don’t think you had anything to eat after you left the infirmary yesterday.”

Yerin scrunched her face and looked at him. How did he know?

“Its’ not hard to guess. Although you hide it well I know those injuries are still hurting you. You like to keep to yourself and although you hang out with that mermaid I doubt you wanted to ask for any favors. Therefore, I’m guessing you starved last night because you could care less about moving to make anything edible because of the pain. So eat it. I didn’t poison it or anything if that’s what you’re thinking. I mean what I said. I am really hoping that we can be friends. I’ll wait until the day you trust me. So just eat. I don't want to see you die of hunger.” Baekhyun then buried his head in his arms on the desk.  

Yerin looked at him. She was confused. Why did he want to be her friend so bad? Why was he so nice to her? Even on the first day. She couldn’t understand it. Isn’t he supposed to hate her like Kai did? She’s supposed to hate him too right? That was why she was sent here. She was supposed to uncover whatever they were hiding at this school and help her father and the council get rid of them. He should know that it was obvious her presence here is because of an ulterior motive. So why? Why was he so nice to her? Yerin couldn’t understand it. She looked at the bag in front of her. Questions were still swarming in her head when her stomach growled. Her eyes widened and she blushed a little. He was right. She really did have had nothing to eat after she left the infirmary. She pressed her lips together.

“Well what the heck.” She murmured.

She slowly opened the bag and a small grin appeared on her lips. Baekhyun had bought her an array of pastries. There were almond and chocolate croissants as well as some vanilla bean scones. She also took out a small bottle of milk that was also in the bag. She laid it on the table and her lips. She looked over to the boy who had his head laid down in the opposite direction.

“Thank you.” she whispered so softly that he almost didn’t hear it. She felt her cheeks heating up and she shook it off. You’re out of your mind Yerin. Eating his food and thanking him. Ugh, whatever, at least it’s better than starving. We need food to recover that’s it. It’s fine. That’s it. you’re just being a decent human being and thanking him. That’s it. There's nothing more to it. Stop thinking so much. She opened the bottle of milk and took a bite off one of the croissants trying to finish it before class starts.

Although her thank you was so quiet he almost missed it, Baekhyun was still able to hear it. He smiled and closed his eyes. Your welcome sweetheart. I’m just glad you’re not rejecting my food anymore. Baekhyun had hope, that although this was something small, it was a start. He hoped it could soon lead to a friendship in the future. That was what he was really hoping for.

Yerin was in the back of the school. She was sitting on the bleachers at the outside field. She didn’t feel like eating lunch or even socializing with Yuna, so she told the girl she wanted some quiet time. Yuna was worried at first but then agreed to leave Yerin alone and left to swim some laps at the pool. Yerin leaned back on the bleachers and closed her eyes. It was a nice day and she really needed the fresh air. She was thinking about what information she gathered so far at Hanlim or what nonexistence information. So far, she has gotten nothing at this school. Nothing, not even slivers of rumors or gossip about the murders. It was like these murders never even happened. The students here didn’t even cared about the incident. It didn’t interest them one bit. Even Yuna shook her head at Yerin when she tried to gather any information about it with the mermaid. The mermaid just gave her a sorry look and told her that the students here simply didn’t care that some humans got murdered. Yerin sighed. What am I going to tell my father? He’s going to be furious. I have been here for almost a week and have found nothing. 

She touched her side. She needs to start training again. She needs to get stronger and keep practicing but these injuries aren't healing fast enough. 

“Hello there.”

Yerin opened her eyes and was greeted by an unfamiliar face.

Yerin got into defensive mode and backed away from the stranger.

“Don’t be scared! I mean no harm!”

Yerin raised an eyebrow at the stranger. He looks familiar. She studied his face. She was sure she’s seen him before but she isn’t exactly sure from where. She noticed his dimple and then it came to her. She remembered where she saw that face before. He was one of the demons, one of the demon royals. He was sitting with Sehun and Do Kyungsoo at the cafeteria and in combat class. What was his name again?

“Yixing, you’re creeping her out.”

Yerin looked at the owner of the voice and saw Do Kyungsoo making his way towards her.

Yixing backed away from her and awkwardly scratched the back of his head. “Sorry, I was being too forward.” He smiled. “Let’s start over. Hello, my name is Zhang Yixing, but I only allow close friends and family call me that. You may call me Lay.”

Yerin made a face. Why the hell is he introducing himself to me.

“How’s your ribs?”

Yerin looked at Kyungsoo, who was now standing next to Lay.

“I’m fine.” She stood up, wanting to leave.

Kyungsoo frowned. “Are you sure? It doesn’t look like it by how you fainted the other day. You even missed class yesterday.”

Yerin frowned. “What are you stalking me now?”

“Don’t be conceited. The whole school was talking about it. People were hoping that I had killed you or had hurt you so bad that you would’ve been crippled for the rest of your life.”

Yerin rolled her eyes. Damn s.

“But then you showed up to classes today like nothing happened. You’re an interesting one.” Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow. “I know those injuries that you sustained couldn’t possibly be completely healed already. I know the nurse’s magic isn’t that powerful.”

“So what? Did you bring your friend here to see the injuries for yourself or what? Are you here to gloat? I won the stupid game but I’m clearly the loser seeing how I collapsed?” Yerin fisted her hands together. “ off.”

Kyungsoo smirked. “So you are still injured.”

Yixing frowned. “You’re barely even recovered how are you even moving? Aren’t you in pain?”

Hell yeah I am but I’ll die until I admit it to you.

“ off. If you’re just here to gloat, then I’m leaving. I won’t stand here and let you two s mock me.”

Yerin turned around and started to walk away. Damn s and here I thought Do Kyungsoo was actually a decent person. Who was I kidding. These monsters are not good people.This is why we must take them down. Yerin was walking but then her body froze. She couldn’t move her body no matter how hard she tried. WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!

“You shouldn’t move too much if you’re still in pain.” she heard Yixing behind her. “How about you walk back over here to the bleachers and take a seat?”

It was like her body wasn’t even hers anymore and her legs started moving on its own.

“What the ?!” Yerin yelled as she tried to fight it but couldn’t. She tried to stop her feet from moving but she couldn’t and soon she found herself sitting on the bleachers in front of Zhang Yixing and Do Kyungsoo.

“What the hell is going on?! What did you two do?!”

Kyungsoo smirked. “We didn’t do anything. This is all Yixing. Now why don’t you be a good little girl and let Yixing fix you up?”

“What?” Yerin eye’s bulged out when the said male came up to her. “Yah, what are you doing? You’re too close! Don’t touch me!”

“Just relax. It’ll be over in a bit.” Yixing said.

Yerin couldn’t move her body at all. She was frozen on the spot and couldn’t do anything but widened her eyes when she saw a subtle light appear from Lay’s hands. He pulled up her shirt hovered his hands over her badaged abdomen and she felt a warm sensation.

“YAH! What are you doing?! YOU ERT!” she tried to move but couldn't. 

“Just be quiet and let Yixing work.” Yerin looked at Kyungsoo. “He’s healing you, dummy.”

“What?”

Yerin looked back at the male. She looks at the hue radiating out his hands onto her and sure enough she can feel the pain slowly go away. What the. She looked at Lay. He’s healing me, but why?

The three watched quietly as Lay did his job. A few minutes later he pulled her shir

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter