Chapter 4

Hanlim's School for the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yerin walked back to her dorm angry. She was ready for the day to be over with. She walked up to her room and noticed the door was slightly open. She stopped, cautious of who might be inside. Her hand went to the blade that she kept beneath her uniform skirt and slowly walked into the room. She opened the door slowly but was surprised when she saw her father sitting on her couch.  
“Father.” She said surprised as she dropped her hand from her blade.

“I see you’ve made yourself comfortable here.” Junjin said as his eyes roamed his daughters room. “It seems like this school is sufficiently funded for a dorm room to be this big and with all the things they supplied with it.”

It was true. Hanlim was more than well off for a school. Every facility they had on campus was state of the art. Imbedded with the newest and latest technology and design. Hanlim has provided each student dorm room with a new flat screen, computers, laptops, tablets, giving to each students that are enrolled. Heck even their bathrooms was state of the art. It seems that the school was not short on money and will not be short on budget for a long time.

“Is there a reason why you’re here father? It doesn’t seem like you’re here to just see my new living conditions.” She said blankly as she still stood in front of her father in the middle of her small living room.

Junjin looked at his daughter. “Have you found anything yet?”

“Not yet.” she replied looking down.

“And why not?”

“Its only my second day here.”

“That is no excuse.”

Yerin pressed her lips together, trying to calm herself. “I will try harder.”

Junjin got up from the couch and walked up to her. “Trying won’t help us. I need results. You weren’t sent here for fun. You are here because you have a mission to be carried out. We must act before those monsters do. Why do you think the Demon King suggested a human to come to this school? They’re planning something and we must figure it out before they accomplish their plans. Do you understand?”

“Yes sir, I do.”

Junjin gruffed. “Good.”

His workers enter the room and bowed to him. Junjin nodded to them giving them a signal that he was ready to leave.
“Notify me if you discover anything.”

Yerin nodded, "Father,”

Junjin stopped midway in his walk and turned back to his daughter.

“I had an encounter with Byun Baekhyun, the Vampire Prince.” Her dad raised his eyebrow. “He was fast.”

“All vampires are fast. Its nothing we haven’t seen before.”

“No, he was fast. Faster than any we’ve ever encountered."

“What else?”

“That’s all I found out so far. But my guess is if he’s fast then he would be stronger. I have a feeling the other Royals would be the same as well.”

Junjin frowned. “Keep a close eye on those Royals and see if they have anything to do with the murders.”

“Yes sir.”

“Remember what you’re here for. They are out enemies. Don’t you forget that.”

Yerin looked back at her father. “I won’t.”

With that Junjin left. Yerin fell onto her bed and let out a deep breath. This day has been freaking fantastic.

 

“Welcome to combat class 101.” A strong male voice spoke.

It was a new day and a new class has started. Lucky for Yerin the day just so happened to be the day where she has combat class. Apparently at Hanlim a normal PE course just didn’t cut it. Yuna was sitting next to her on the bleachers, apparently the whole grade had this class together. Who would’ve thought. They were all dressed in tight black workout clothes; leggings, and body suit top.

“I will be your coach for this semester. In this class you all will be tested to your limits and hone your battle skills. Each class will get harder. You will train and you will get stronger. Now I know some of you are wondering why we need this class. We need a PE class don’t we? And we’re just not anyone.” His eyes glowed and everyone in class smirked.

Yerin looked around and the vampires came into her view. After the little talk with Baekhyun yesterday, he had left her alone. That being said he still sat next to her in class and she did find a morning snack on her desk, which she threw, but other than that he has been giving her a good amount of space.

Baekhyun felt eyes on him and turned just in time to catch her eye. He looked at her with a blank face and then turned back around.

Strange. It wasn’t that Yerin wasn’t happy that Baekhyun wasn’t bothering her, she was still confused on why he did it in the first place. Why did he take an interest in her? Could he be related to the murders that has been happening?

Yerin shook her head and looked the other direction. Her view came into the group of demons. Huh, I guess it’ really is the whole grade that has this class together. Out of all 3 groups of Royals the demons were the ones that were most mysterious to her. They seem to keep to themselves a lot more than the other two groups and little is known about their powers and abilities. Vampires are quick, agile, and strong. They feel little pain and are precise in each kill. The Wolves are all strong and have a strong connection to their senses in their human form, but once they are in their wolf form their senses are heightened to the max. Their kills are burtal and messy but effective. Demons on their other hand are a little tricky. Yerin does know that each demon honed a special skill that they were gifted with at birth. She wondered what it was and if that was it. Do they also hone other skills like the vampires and wolves did?

Yerin then made her view onto the wolves. One was missing. Of course it was the Crown Prince himself. She rolled her eyes. Guess he thought he had better things to do than to attend class. Disgusting mutt.

“We will pair you all up today.” the coach announced. 

At this sentence 2 more people looking exactly like him appeared.

He’s a multilayer. Interesting. Is he a Demon?

“Me and my 2 others will be watching and judging you all.”

Suddenly the doors to the gym opened with a bang. All eyes went towards the noise just to see Kai walking in. He was changed into his uniform and was walking in with his hands in his pants with a bored expression.

“So kind of you to finally join us your highness.” The coach snarled.

Kai could care less about the coach’s tone and made his way to the rest of his friends. and of course oh joy, Soojung was there who of course made her way to Kai.

“As I was saying, today will be a one on one match. The winner will either have to pin down their opponent for at least 10 seconds or the opponent will have to call a forfeit. Don’t worry if you lose. You will not fail. Your grade will be based on how well you do overall. Your skill set that you showed will be taken into the grading. Now let’s start.”

One by one each pair was being called and they each made their way into the center of the gym and started battling. Yerin was bored. Some of these supernatural were average at their best. Nothing to concern herself over. She wanted to see one of the Royals fight instead and like the universe heard her the next name was called.

“Oh Sehun and Lee Mino.”

Yerin sat up on her seat as well as the rest of the gym. She could hear girls squealing as the Demon Prince’s name was called. Yerin watched as a pretty built male walked over to the center, where the coach was. He looks pretty strong. She thought.

“OH SEHUN GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!” the coach yelled.

Yerin made her eyes towards the demons to see that Sehun was barely opening his eyes. It seems like the boy had fallen asleep.

Sehun was annoyed. He barely slept last night and this stupid class was well, stupid. He didn’t need to “hone his battle skills”. He knew he was strong and he doubted anyone that the coach put him up against will be any kind of challenge unless it was either Kai or Baekhyun. Now that would be interesting, but sadly it was only Lee Mino. Sehun sluggishly made his way down the steps of the bleachers to where the coach and Mino was standing. Sehun looked at them with a bored expression.

“Coach can I forfeit now?” Mino quietly whispered to the coach. The coach gave him a hard look.

“No and you better try your best or I’m failing your out of this class do you hear me?!”

Mino nodded his head, sulking.

 

“Sehun is really good.”

Yerin looked over at Yuna. “What?”

“We have these types of tests all the time so it’s not a rare thing to see. I’ve seen Sehun fight before. Let’s just say it won’t take long before he wins. Sehun never takes longer than 3 minutes to beat his opponents.”

“Really?”

Yuna nodded. “That being said its because the coaches never paired up the Royals against each other. It would be interesting to see though, I bet it would be a good fight. But I guess they don’t do that for the purposes of them not wanting to be the cause of a war between the 3.”

Yerin nodded. “Do we get to see his ability?”

“Ah Sehun won’t use it.”

“Why not?”

“He won’t need it. Not for this type of thing. He never used it before.”

“But you do know what it is right?”

Yuna gave Yerin a look. “Why are you so interested in Sehun?”

Yerin shrugged. “No reason. I just know that every demon hones a special ability and since he is the Prince I was wondering what amazing power he has.”

“Ah, I see. Sehun is the Wind Prince. He controls the wind.”

“Wind?” So he doesn't control fire. Those murders were all caused by fire. 

Yuna nodded. “But like I said, he won’t need it.”

True to Yuna’s words not even 2 minutes has gone by and Sehun has already knocked Mino unconscious. Sehun has his hands in his pants the whole time dodging Mino’s attacks and ended him with one kick to the head. Sehun then walked back to his seat on the bleachers and sat down. He leaned back and closed his eyes.

“Waste of time.” He mumbled.

“What the hell.” Yerin mumbled. Sehun didn’t even break a sweat compared to these other students who were fighting against each other. He made it look like nothing. She eyed the Demon Prince with disdain. So how are much stronger are you with your wind?

The coach had his duplicates take Mino to the nurse and looked back at his students.

“Alright then, next pair. Do Kyungsoo and….Baek Yerin.”

“Holy .” Yuna gasped and looked at Yerin with wide eyes. Even Sehun opened his eyes at the announcement and met eyes with Yerin.

Yerin’s stare towards Sehun was broken when she heard Yuna. She looked over to the wide eyed girl confused.

“What?”

 

The whole gym was talking. Some were making bets and some were laughing. Everyone was interested in this pair and Yerin had no idea why. Baekhyun’s eyes widened and he was about make his way over only to be stopped by Suho.

“Don’t. You going up there right now is just going to make her upset with you.”

Baekhyun clenched his jaw, “She’s going to die.”

“No she won’t. No matter what she’s still a valuable asset the Council has placed in this school. The school won’t let her die. Hurt, maybe. But not die.”

“And that’s ok!?”

“Relax. I might not know much about the demons but I doubt Do Kyungsoo is really going to kill her off her second day of school. Besides, I’d like to see how strong she is.”

“Are you out of your mind? Do Kyungsoo is the strongest out of them all!”

“Just sit down Baekhyun. If anything major happens you can run your down, there and stop it. But for now, Let’s watch. Don’t you want to know how strong she is as well?”

Baekhyun clenched his jaw and begrudgingly sat back down.

Damn you Suho. Be careful please. He mentally asked as he watched the girl from the other side of the bleachers.

 

“Ooooo this is going to be good.” Chen said with a huge grin on his face. “100$ says she’s going to be pummeled.”

“You’re the worse. 150$, she won’t make it past 3 minutes.” Chanyeol high fived Chen.

“You guys are disgusting.” Kris spoke up as he shook his head. “Clearly she’s at a disadvantage.”

Chen shrugged, “Hey no one invited her to this school. it’s her fault. What’s a little fun?”

“Chen oppa is right.” Soojung spoke up from Kai’s lap with a devilish grin.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter