Chapter 5

Hanlim's School for the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’M GOING TO TEACH YOU SOME MANNERS YOU DIRTY MUTT!”

Baekhyun yelled as he ran full speed into Kai. Kai held his ground and tried to throw a punch at Baekhyun. Baekhyun dodged. They continued to throw punches at each other but their punches kept getting blocked by the other.

The whole gym was watching on the edge of their seats. This fight was really intense. Both princes did not hold back on their punches. They looked and were fighting like they wanted the other one dead.

Yerin watched and bit her bottom lip. Their movements. They’re so fast. She watched as Kai blocked Baekhyun’s kick with his hand and tried to punch the latter but was blocked again. Their hand to hand combat skills are not joke.

“This is crazy.” Yuna said softly. Yerin faced her. “They really look like they’re going to kill each other out there.”

“Do they hate each other that much?”

“Vampires and Wolves have never gotten along.”

“But still….” Yerin looked the two fighting. To be fighting like this? just for a grudge between their two kinds that they don’t even know how it all started or why they even hate each other? Yerin shook her head. Then again, am I not doing the same thing? Hating them, without even knowing them. Her eyes made its way to where the demons were. She briefly looked at DO before looking back towards the fight.

“Just because we’re different doesn’t mean I can’t give you a helping hand. You personally have not given me a reason to not help you and I have personally not given you any reason to hate me.”

She remembered what DO had said to her a few minutes ago. She then shook her head. No, remember they’re the enemies. You’re a hunter. Remember what they did. Remember why you’re here. Her eyes went back to Kai and Baekhyun. They’re only doing hand to hand combat. Am I going to be able to see their powers? Do they have any?

“Is that all you got blood er?!” Kai yelled as he was able to punch Baekhyun and threw him down. Kai smirked.

The gym went quiet. They didn’t know what to do.

“YEAH THAT’S OUR BOY!!” Chen yelled as he stood up and clapped. Kris pulled him down and scowled.

The vampires all stood up ready to go down there if they were needed.

“I’m going to finish you.” Kai said as he glared down at the fallen vampire. Then he heard chuckling. He looked at Baekhyun who was getting up smiling.

“That was a lucky shot mutt. You can punch I’ll give you that.” he rubbed his chin. “But I guess now it’s time to get serious.”

Kai narrowed his eyes as he watched the vampire. He knew what was about to happen.

“Time to start the real fight now shall we?”

“BAEKHYUN DON’T!” Suho yelled from the stands, but it was too late. Baekhyun had already thrown his ball of light towards Kai.

Kai tried to dodge it but he wasn’t fast enough. The ball of light grazed his arm and it did end up causing a burn.

Kai flinched. “Damn bastard.” He looked at his arm. He could see the damage that it caused. Baekhyun's light was nothing to take lightly. If he was to get hit directly by it, he knew there was only going to be two outcomes. One, if he was lucky, he'll be bedridden for the next couple weeks trying to heal up, if he can heal that fast. Second, which he doesn't like to admit, but he could be dead. Baekhyun's light was that strong. He looked at his wound again, his body was already strarting to heal itself but he knew this was going to take some time.

“What the hell was that?” Yerin asked as she saw what happened.  Everything went by so fast. One second Baekhyun has a glowing ball in his hands and then it was thrown towards Kai. She could even see that Kai was hurt by it. She bit he lip looking at his wound. That doesn’t look good. Wait, why do I care.

“What was that?” she looked at Yuna, hoping for some answers.

Yuna pressed her lips together. “That was Baekhyun’s light. That’s his power. He can manipulate light or gather energy around him and make light. I didn’t know he was going to be this serious. This is bad.”

“Ok, but can’t Kai use his powers too?”

Yuna shook her head. “He can, but there would be no point.”

“Why?”

“Because when it comes to powers Baekhyun has the upper hand.”

Yerin gave Yuna a confused look before looking back towards the fight. She clutched onto her sides. Damn it hurts. 

Kai felt an uncomfortable feeling inside of him and furrowed his brows. Why do I feel weird? He looked up at Baekhyun who was giving him a questioning look. He then clutched his sides. Pain? His eyes widened in realization and looked towards the bleachers. His eyes scanned the area until he saw her. Baek Yerin. She was sitting there looking down on him but he could see the slight way her brows were knitted together. His eyes traveled down and he noticed she was clutching onto her sides. The scene from earlier with her fight with DO replayed in his mind.

That idiot! She’s hurt isn’t she?! ing idiot. What is she still doing here?! She needs to go get that checked! Kai scowled. He was mentally fighting with himself. His wolf wanted nothing more than to run up to the said girl and see if she’s ok but his pride was holding him back.

Baekhyun looked at Kai wondering what the boy was doing. He followed his gaze and saw that he was staring at Yerin. His hands curled into fists

“HEY!”

Kai looked at the boy and glowered.

“Your fight is with me. Eyes on me mutt. Move those dirty eyes somewhere else.”

Kai growled. “The is that supposed to mean?” Kai looked back at Yerin. “What is your relationship with the human? Why are you constantly trying to protect her? I can’t look?”

“None of your business and no you can’t.” Baekhyun threw another light ball at Kai but the latter was able to dodge it completely.

“You know; you’re really pissing me off now.” Kai glowered.

The two started their fight again. Baekhyun was transitioning from using his light to physical combat with Kai while Kai was doing his best to dodge Baekhun’s light and trying to get a hit. Kai was debating if he should transform. He would be faster and more agile. Maybe if he did then he would be able to end the fight and put Baekhyun in his place.

“Is Baekhyun really trying to kill that wolf out there?” Xiumin asked. He was getting worried. The fight kept going as if there was no end. Both of them looked like they were really trying to kill each other. He was more worried about Baekhyun. He was using his powers and he rarely uses it, unless really needed. Albeit, Xiumin could tell Baekhyun’s light was not as powerful as they could be.

“He’s holding back but this could end bad, Suho.”

Suho nodded. He didn’t know what to. “Why were they even put up against each other in the first place.”

“This is bad. Why is the coach not stopping them?” Yuna said. She could tell that Kai was about to change. “If Kai change this could get dangerous.”

Yuna looked over to her side when she heard no response.

“Yerin are you alright?” she asked worried.

Yerin face was getting pale and she was holding onto her sides. “I’m fine. I want to finish watching the fight. You said Kai is about to change?”

Yuna looked at her friend in worried. She nodded her head. “Yes but now’s not the time for that! Your face is turning white! We need to get you to the nurse!”

“I’m alright. Trust me.” Yerin held onto the pain and bit her lips together. “I want to watch.”  

“Why do you insist on protecting her?” Kai scowled as he threw a punch at Baekhyun. The punch knocked the latter a few meters away from him.

“Why do you keep asking?” Baekhyun rebutted as he stood up. “Fine, then I’ll answer your question.”

Kai looked at him with a glower.

“I am interested in her.”

Kai eyes widened. His wolf was furious. KILL HIM! KILL THE BASTARD! HOW DARE HE LOOK AT OUR MATE WITH THOSE  FILTHY EYES!? HOW DARE HE WHEN SHE IS OURS! KILL HIM! 

Baekhyun chuckled. “Happy?”

“LIKE HELL!” Kai screamed as he tackled Baekhyun. He threw the boy and slammed him down. Kai went on top on Baekhyun and landed a few more punches until he was knocked away by a burst of light.

“NOW YOU’RE PISSING ME OFF! LET’S END THIS!” Baekhyun yelled as he stood up. He produced multiple light spheres around him and glowered at Kai. 

“Lets.” Kai moved his hands down ready to transform until-

“YERIN!!!!!”

The both of them stopped and looked towards the origin of the scream. Yuna was holding onto an unconscious Yerin.

“Whats going on?” the coach yelled as his double made his way towards the girls.

“I think she’s hurt. I think she’s really badly injured.” Yuna said, tears running down her face as she held her only friend limped in her arms. “She was clutching onto her sides awhile ago and she was going pale and then she just collapsed. I don't know what to do. Is she going to be ok? She has to be ok!”

The coach sighed as his double carried the injured girl. “My double and I will take her to the infirmary.” He then looked at his watch. “Hit the showers. Class is over. It was starting to get good too.” He mumbled his last sentence as he followed his double out of the gym.

Baekhyun looked on towards the disappearing figures, worried about the unconscious girl. His light spheres disappeared. He looked back at Kai, who was looking longingly at the door. Baekhyun clenched his fists. What is that look on his face?  

“Don’t think this is over mutt.”

Kai looked at Baekhyun with a glare.

“Same goes to you bloodsucker. You’re lucky that human collapsed. If not, I would’ve fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter