Chapter 7

Hanlim's School for the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“, , , .” Yerin muttered as she stood up slowly. “I’m dead.”

Yerin looked at the glowing blue eyes from the bushes behind the trees.

Ok plan. One, I get up and run and maybe it won’t chase me. Whatever the hell it is. Two, fight. But I have no weapons with me, . Smart move Yerin, going into a forest where you know there are supernatural creatures without a weapon. . Three, let it kill me. But I don’t want to die. But what if its just one of the students here? If its one of them I can surely take them on. 

Yerin slowly stepped backwards towards the dorm. Slowly, slowly.

She heard a growl. A wolf?

Her eyes widened as a black wolf emerged from the trees.

“Ok, you’re a wolf.” She said as she tried to back away slowly, but the wolf followed.

Yerin glared at the wolf. “Are you a wolf or are you one of them?” 

The wolf snarled.

“.” She looked at the wolf. “Nice wolf, stay, stay.” She hovered her hand in front of her. I’m an idiot. If this is one of those s they’re going to rip me apart.

The wolf growled again and approached her.

“ IT!” Yerin yelled and took off, heading back towards the dorms.

“Run, run, run, run, run, run.” She chanted as she ran. She ran with all her might but she was no match for the wolf. It tackled her from behind and Yerin fell face first into the ground. It hurts everywhere. She barely got recovered from the help of Lay, but after the intense training session she had a couple minutes ago she was sore all over. She was definitely feeling her muscles crying after this fall. She was afraid to turn back around. She was afraid that the wolf was going to rip her face off if she turned around and faced it. Yerin then felt heavy breathing down her neck. Her neck hair stood up.

, its right above me. She closed her eyes tight. I’m so screwed. I’m too young to die. These damn dogs. Ok, think, think. Maybe this wolf is one of those students and they’re just trying to scare me. I shouldn’t let them see any weakness. But if it’s not, and this is just a normal wolf then I’m dead. Yerin groaned into the ground. She waited for a bit and decided that if she was going to die at least she’s going to see the face of her killer, and if this was one of the students that attacked her, she’ll kill them. She was hoping it was the latter because even if it really was a student from the school, they wouldn’t kill her. They’ll laugh at her, insult her, and probably beat her up a little. They can’t kill her, because if they did the repercussions them and their family was going to have to face from the Council was going to be hell. She would rather they beat her up and laugh about it. It was still way better than being killed by some random wolf in the woods. She can only imagine how furious her father would be if he finds out that she was killed by a wild, normal, wolf. Yerin bit down her lips and mustered all the courage she had in her body as she slowly turned her body around. Once she was fully faced up she came face to face with icy blue eyes. The wolf was standing directly over her. She gasped.

Holy its so close.

Badump. Badump. 

Her heart skipped. She looked into those blue eyes that were staring right back at her. They're really pretty. 

She then snapped out of her thoughts and looked at the close distance between her and the wolf. Now it dawn on her the situtation she was currently in. There was a wolf on top of her. She was so scared she couldn’t even move. She knew she should’ve pushed it away, anything, but her body wasn’t listening to her. It was frozen being face to face with this animal. The wolf looked down on her and breathed on her face. It lowered its face towards hers and Yerin quickly squeezed her eyes shut waiting for her death.

So this is how I am going to die. Getting my face mauled off by a wolf. What a great way to go. They probably won't even reconize me after its done destroying my face. Yerin braced herself for her oncoming death. With her eyes shut tight she waited for the coming pain however, even after a minute she didn’t feel anything.

What?

Yerin took her courage and peeked open one eye just to see the wolf had retreated back, and was now sitting by her feet. Yerin blinked a couple times before slowly sitting up. The black wolf just sat there watching her every move. Once she was sitting up she looked at the wolf.

“Yah…” she said, “are you one of the students here?”

The wolf just stared at her. Yerin glared at the wolf. 

Kai looked at the girl sitting before him. He observed the way her eyebrows would scrunched together as she glared at him. He was positive she was trying to figure out who he was, if he was a normal wolf or a wolf.

He was surprised to see her all the way out here away from the dorms. This was where he liked to go for his runs. He and his pack found this area behind the regular student’s dorms when they first started school here. It was a perfect place to run and have free reign without anyone bothering him or his pack. It was also close to the wolf’s private dorms, just on the other side. Usually no one would walk this far away from the dorms since they just thought it was empty forest, so he was surprised when he found her here. He went out for a run after a stressful day. It was a perfect evening for a run as the moon was out shining brightly without any clouds covering it. He was actually running to take his mind off of her but here she is. She was like a magnet that kept pulling him to her. He was just sitting and observing her workout behind the trees. He had missed her. He wouldn’t admit it but he missed her a lot. After the visit he had with her back at the infirmary he couldn’t take his mind off her. Even when he went to Soojung’s dorm to distract himself with the girl’s body, he still couldn’t stop thinking about the injured girl. He was worried when he didn’t see her the day after during school and he had to fight with every fiber in his body to not pop up in her dorm room to see if she was ok. He was glad when he saw her today from the corner of his eyes. He was with his pack when his wolf senses sensed that his mate was nearby. He saw her from the corner of his eyes and his worries lightened a bit when he saw that she was ok. However, he could tell that she was still feeling the pain from her injuries. So he was surprised when he was watching her that he couldn’t feel any pain and that she was training fine. He couldn't feel any injuries on her body. He wondered how she could have recovered so fast within the span of a couple hours, but the thought soon settled to the back of his mind. More occupied with the girl i front of him. He was content watching her from afar. His wolf purred in joy as he watched her. He wasn’t trying to make his presence known, however he saw a squirrel and let out a low growl. It was a force of habit that the growl came out and thats when he knew his cover was blown. He didn’t want to chase her but when she took off running he couldn't help but ran after her. He didn’t want her to leave yet. He just wanted to spend a little more time with her. He didn't mean to tackle her down but he couldn't stop himself from the speed he was running and ended up on top of her. His heartbeat was beating fast as he saw the girl under him. He couldn't help it and dipped his nose down and inhaled her scent.

Mate. His wolf purred in happiness to be this close to her again. His wolf hum gleefully. He then moved off her because he didn't want to crush her and sat down by her feet. 

“Yah are you listening to me?”

Yerin’s voice broke Kai away from his thoughts as he looked at the girl. He tilted his head to one side and looked at her.

That’s kind of cute. Yerin said to herself as she watched the wolf. It was sitting upright in front of her.

“So are you a student here or are you just a wolf?”

Kai stayed quiet as he looked at the girl. He couldn’t possibly turn back to himself right now. He had 2 reasons why he couldn’t. The first one, he would be . He let out a small laugh. Once he turned back to his human form he would be bare, and as much as he would love to see the look on her face if he did show himself like that, he knew he couldn’t. The second reason, the biggest reason why he wouldn’t turn is that he didn’t want her to leave. He knew that once she saw his face, she’ll be angry and leave. He could say he didn’t care but after that day in the infirmary he was slowly coming to terms with his feelings for this girl. No matter how much he fought it, no matter how much he pretends to not care, and no matter how many other girls he can grab and go , he knew that she was the only one that mattered. She was the only one that he would be thinking about.

Yerin huffed as she folded her arms, sitting, and glared at the wolf.

“Are you not going to answer me?”

Yerin observed the wolf. There was something inside her that told her that this was not a normal wolf. It was one of them. It had to be. She could tell that this wolf was observing her as well, it was watching to see what she’ll do next.

“I know you’re one of them. So just tell me. Who are you? I know you can talk!”

Kai continued to look at her in amusement.

Yerin snarled. She saw a small smirk on the wolf’s face and she knew it was mocking her. “Yah! I know you understand me! Stop pretending!”

Kai let out a laugh and then laid down on the grass and looked at her. 

(please just imagine its night time and that the wolf is black with blue eyes XD)

Yerin’s jaws dropped. She stood up. “YAH ARE YOU IGNORING ME NOW?!”

Kai rolled his head as if teasing her.

Yerin was shocked. “Who the hell do you think you are.” She muttered. She looked around and found a small rock on the floor. She picked it up.

“I’m talking to you! Answer me!” she threw the rock at Kai, which landed on his head.

Kai raised his head and looked at her. Did this girl really just throw a rock at me?! He growled.

“.” Yerin backed up when she saw the wolf slowly stand up. “I’m guessing that wasn’t such a good idea. Hey, hey, my bad.” She raised her hands in front of her as she slowly backed away. “I didn’t mean to hit you on the head. You should’ve just answered me when I was talking to you. You just got me riled up that’s why!”

Kai growled and stalked his way towards the girl.

“Yah, you weren’t answering me! Did you really think I wasn’t going to get mad?!”

Kai let out a louder growl.

Yerin’s gave out a nervous chuckle as he continued to make his way closer to her. “Stop! Sit! Stop moving!”

Kai wasn’t really mad anymore at her throwing a rock at him. He was just doing this for his own entertainment. He was amused how Yerin was acting. Totally different from when she was at school. He wondered if she just put on a strong front in school for the sake of her safety. But she was pretty cute right now panicking. But he was getting annoyed that she was shouting commands at him like he was a dog, even though his wolf wanted to follow the commands.

So humiliating. It’s the stupid mate bond. You’re a ing alpha. Don’t you dare listen to her like some damn dog!

Yerin accidently tripped and fell on her .

“Well that’s just great. Ow.” She grumbled. Kai slowly circled her as she was his prey and he was about to attack.

“If you’re going to do something do it now.”

Kai stopped and listened to her.

“It’s almost curfew and if you want to beat me up at least do it before curfew. At least do me the favor of putting me out of my misery.”

She was tired of today and if this wolf was going to harm her in any way she rather it happens now. She laid down on the grass and covered her eyes with her arm.

“Today has been a very exhausting day for me. So if you want to add to it just hurry up and end it.” she sighed. “I’m really tired.”

Yerin waited for any sign of an incoming attack but shrieked when she felt something wet on her cheek. She sat up stunned.

“DID YOU JUST ME!?” she wiped her cheek from the slobber and looked wide eyes at the black wolf, who seems very proud of himself right at that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter