Chapter 19

Hanlim's School for the Supernatural
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunlight broke through the windows as Kai’s eyes fluttered opened. He blinked a couple times before sitting up, rubbing his eyes to clear his sleep.

“You’re awake.”

Kai groggily looked up at the male.

Kris placed a hand on his forehead.

“Looks like your fever is gone.” He sat down next to Kai. “How do you feel?”

“What do you mean? I feel fine?”  

“You seriously don’t remember what happened?”

Kai gave Kris a confused look.

"You were out with a fever for two days."

Kai's eyes widened. "What?" 

“Come on. Did that fever wipe away your memory? What’s the last thing you remember?”

Kai placed his head in his hands and tried to recall his memories. Images of Yerin and Baekhyun flashed through his mind, him going to find her, her holding Sehun’s jacket, him forcing himself on her, him throwing Kris, her stabbing him, Kris and him fighting, Kris finding out about Yerin, and him fainting.

“Judging from your expression I guess you remember now.”

“So you know.”

Kris nodded.

“You’re a ing monster. I hate you.”

Kai clutched his chest.

“Jongin what’s wrong?” Kris asked alarmed.

Kai looked up at Kris with teary eyes.

“She said I was a monster.” He said, shattered. “She hates me.”

Kris sighed. “Well what the hell do you think was going to happen Jongin? You forced yourself on her. Anyone would hate you after that move. What were you thinking?”

“I wasn’t.” he said broken. “I don’t know what came over me. I saw her with Baekhyun and I was furious and when I went to go find her she was holding Sehun’s jacket. I just lost it. All I saw was red. I just wanted to claim her. No, I needed to claim her. That’s all I could think about a that moment. Claiming her as mine.”

“Well how did that work out for you?” Kris sat back with his arms crossed.

Kai buried his face in his hands.

“I know. I ed up. I always up when it comes to her.”

Kris just looked at the boy who was in misery.

“It hurts hyung. Knowing that she hates me. I can’t stand it. I was furious when I found out she was my mate. How could someone like her be my mate? A human hunter. We were born to hate each other yet the moon goddess chose her to be mine. I was furious. I denied it, it had to be a fluke, there was no way this was real. I wanted to hate her, I should hate her, and I thought that I could.” He looked down at his lap. “But I couldn’t. I don’t know how or when her she entered my heart.” He clutched his chest. “I don’t know what she did and when she did it but she came inside hyung. She came inside and she left a mark on me. Now I can’t even stand looking at her without feeling some sort of way and when she looks my way I feel like my whole damn world has stopped. That only she and I exist and that that’s all that matters. When I’m close to her everything just falls into place, nothing else matters.” Tears welled up in his eyes. “But what’s the ing point. She hates me. She’ll never look at me as anything else than a monster. Even before she hated me. There was always disgust in her eyes when she gazed at me.” Tears rolled down his face. “It would’ve been better if I never met her. If I would have just died from that stab. It would feel better than this, living knowing that she hates me. God, even I hate myself. I guess this is really karma for all I did. I should be dead.”

“You almost was.” Kris said.

Kai looked back at Kris with a tear stricken face.

"You were unconscious for the past 2 days. You ran a high fever and your wound wasn’t healing. It was like your body given up hope on living. Now I know that you unconsciously were. You did almost died.”

Kai let out a dark snicker. “I should’ve. If it was by her hands I would be fine with it. Let her be the one to end my pathetic life.”

“Well then it was probably a good thing that I called her to come and save your pathetic life.”

Kai widened his eyes in surprised as he looked at the alpha.

“What?”

“I called her to come take care of you.”

Kai looked at him not believing what the older male was saying.

“No she wouldn’t have came." Kai shook his head in disbelief. "She hates me. She would have never come to do something like that. Not after what I did to her.”

“Well she did. Though it wasn’t easy convincing her. You were running a fever and your wound wasn’t healing. I left you home from school the day after thinking that you only needed more rest to recover, but when I got home you were in worse shape than when I left you. I didn’t know what to do. I was at my ropes end. I was short of taking you back to the palace and having the royal physicians look after you.”

“You didn’t, did you?!”

“Of course not! You think you would still be laying here in the dorms if your parents would’ve found out their precious Prince got hurt?”

Kai let out a relieved breath.

“I almost did though. I was running out of ideas and your condition was getting worse. The medicine wasn't working and no one here could heal and then Chen asked to go for a run. That's when the idea came to me. Mates are not only there to be our other half but they can also give us strength, so I thought that maybe, just maybe it could work. Maybe having Yerin close to you would encourage your wolf to start healing itself. So I took a chance. I asked Yerin to come over and do me a favor to look after you while me and the boys went out on a run. Luckily I as able to convince her and look at you now. All healed up and alive.”  

“Why would she do that for you?” Kai asked not believing what he was hearing. “What are you to her that she would come help me, someone she hates”

“Well unlike you and the other heads, I never bothered her. She doesn’t hate me. I went to apologize to her after your little incident and tried to convince her to give us a chance.”

“You didn’t tell her did you?!” Kai asked alarmed.

“Of course not. I’m not an idiot. And it’s not my place to tell her something like that. She should hear it directly from you, her mate.”

Kai looked down.

“Yeah right. Like she would ever believe that. Even if she did she will never accept me as her mate. What’s the point of saving my life when I can’t have her? It was already a miracle that she agreed to come look after me. I don't think blessings will be that kind to me to wish for anything more." 

“When did you get so dramatic? I talked to her and although she was hesitant I think you still have a chance. However, slim it may be.”

“I doubt she would want to even be anywhere near me after the stunt I pulled on her.”

“True, but she did come see you yesterday and stayed the whole time. I was surprised. I thought she would’ve left but she took care of you all night and even changed your bandages for you. She has to have felt something for you to go through all that trouble. She wouldn't have did as much if she really hated you, so don’t give up. Just show her to know the real you Jongin. Not that persona Kai that you like to show off, but you. Kim Jongin, the brother we all love.”

“And how am I supposed to do that?”

“Well you can start by apologizing to her.” Kris stood up. “That would be a good first step don’t you think?”

“How am I supposed to apologize? What if she doesn't want to see me? What if even after I apologize she still hates me?”

“You’re smart a boy. I’m sure you can think of something. I can't help you with everything. Are you up for school today?”

Kai looked down. “I don’t know.”

“Well if you are, she’ll be there.” Kris started walking out. “Oh and check your phone. I sent you something I know you’ll like.”

Kai heard the door shut and crinkled his face.

Something I’ll like?

Kai got his phone from his night stand.

KRIS WU

1 NEW MESSAGE

Kai opened the message and his heart jumped. He couldn’t believe his eyes. He must still be dreaming because there was no way that this picture was real. He rubbed his eyes to make sure he wasn’t seeing things.

“This better not be the after effects of my fever causing me to be hallucinating.” He muttered.

He traced the picture with his thumb. A gentle smile appeared on his lips. It was a picture of Kai and Yerin from last night when they were wrapped around each other in bed asleep.

“Please heart stop beating so hard or you might burst. Is it normal for me to be this happy from a simple picture?”

Kai smiled and hugged his phone and laid back down on his bed. He had a huge grin on his face. 

I’ll treasure this for the rest of my life. I'll do whatever it takes to make you mine. 

Yeirn yawned and stretched her arms over her head as she made her way into school. She was exhausted thanks to a certain wolf. After Kris dropped her off last night she had to shower again and felt like she barely had enough sleep. She was also drained from having to look after that stupid playboy wolf Kai last night.

Well at least now I know Kris’s power is flight and he owes me a favor. I can just use him to learn about the other three so that I won’t need to talk to them myself. So it was worth the trouble of doing all that work.  I wonder how that playboy is doing now. Did his fever go down? What about his wound? I wonder if it’s healing now. I hope he got better. 

“Hey!”

Yerin jolted.

“Sorry! I didn’t mean to scare you.”

Yerin looked at the mermaid.

“Its alright." 

“What were you thinking so hard about? Usually you're more alert.” Yuna asked as they walked together.

“Huh?” Yerin couldn’t possibly tell her it was because she was thinking about Kai. She didn’t even know why she was thinking about the male. She couldn’t possibly be worried about him. She shook her head.  

“Nothing. I’m just tired. I couldn’t really sleep last night.”

Yuna nodded her head.

“I haven’t seen you around lately.” Yerin said to the girl.

“Yeah had to miss school for a couple of days. Family stuff.”

Yerin nodded.

They separated the their respective classrooms. Yerin sat down on her seat and placed her things on her desk. She gathered her school supplies when Baekhyun came in and sat down on his seat.

“Good morning.”

“Good morning.” Yerin answered him with a smile.

“Where did you run off to yesterday?”

“Huh?”

“You ran off yesterday after school. Was there an emergency or something?” Baekhyun asked.

Yerin frowned. With taking care of Kai yesterday she almost forgot that she still had Sehun's jacket in her backpack. 

“Oh, no nothing like that. I just had something I needed to do.”

“Were you able to do it?”

Yerin shook her head. “It’s alright. It wasn’t too important.”

Yerin had noticed that she wasn’t able to find Sehun this morning either. His jacket was still in her backpack. She wondered where the boy was.

“Are you sure? You seemed anxious before.”

“It’s nothing. It's nothing important for you to be worried about.” She asssured him. 

Right then Kris and Chanyeol walked into the room. Baekhyun followed her line of vision and met eyes with the two wolves.

Chanyeol narrowed his eyes at the two as he walked by. However, Kris gave Yerin a friendly nod with a smile before heading to his seat. Even though it was a simple gesture Kris’s actions surprised Baekhyun. He doesn’t believe he’s ever seen Kris being on friendly terms before to another female. Kris was the only wolf that didn’t partake in womanizing like the others did and that stunned Baekhyun on while Kris gave Yerin such a warm gesture. Kris was, in his opionion, one of the more bearable wolves out of the pack. However, he still stuck with his friends and rarely associates himself outside of the pack. 

Baekhyun looked over to Yerin and caught her rolling her eyes but she didn’t seem annoyed. Instead she looked amused. Baekhyun wanted to ask her about it but the teacher came in and started class. Baekhyun was confused. Since when did she was on friendly terms with the wolves. They were close to fighting the day before. What had changed? Baekhyun wanted to ask her but then he thought to himself. Would she even tell him? Were  they even that close for her to be telling him things like that? 

During class Yerin felt her phone vibrate and she stealthily took it out.

KRIS WU

1 NEW MESSAGE

She knitted her brows together. What could he possibly want now?

Yerin opened the message.

Lunch? I owe you for helping me out yesterday.

Yerin snuck a peek back at the wolf.

Kris gestured to his phone and Yerin rolled her eyes.

I think you owe me more than a lunch. Don’t think it’s going to be that easy to pay off your debt.

She sent the message to Kris. A few seconds later she felt another vibration from her phone.

I know. I just wanted to buy you lunch and have you come meet the boys as well. Jongin isn’t here today if that makes you feel any better.  

Why isn't Kai here? Is he still not feeling well? 

She wanted to ask but decided against it. Why was she suddenly so worried about the wolf. She did her part y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter