A little helpful guy

Detective Tae and doctor Jin

Taehyung was standing in front of his boyfriend, frowning, cheeks puffed out angrily and arms crossed on his chest. He looked like a little kid to whom somebody just told that he can’t have the nice big toy car. Which wasn’t really far from truth.

Seokjin was standing opposite him, completely calm, just the tapping of his foot on the floor was revealing slight irritation. „Just no, Tae,“ he said after a while of silence.

„But whyyy?“ Taehyung whined and bounced on his feet. If Seokjin was starting to get irritated, then Taehyung was already irritated, angry and so many other feelings. This is seriously not fair!

„We’ve been through this seven times, Tae.“ Seokjin told the overgrown kid.

„Only six!“ Taehyung corrected Seokjin. The doctor took a breath. He has to stay calm.

„We can’t have a dog, Tae.“ He said then. Taehyung whined loudly and turned around frustratedly.

„But I want a dog!“  He screamed. Seokjin was just waiting for the moment when Taehyung throws himself on the floor and start screaming and kicking like a kid.

„I know, Tae, but we just can’t have a dog.“ Seokjin said in calm, soft. He was trying his best to solve this problem calmly, he really was. But Taehyung was making it a rather hard. He grabbed Taehyung’s shoulders and rubbed them with his thumbs.

„Look at me, Tae.“ He said. Taehyung obeyed, looking at Seokjin, making sure to let him know that he is mad.

„First of all, we live in a flat.“ He started reciting the reasons why they can’t have a dog once again.

„And you know that not all the dogs can be in a flat, right?“ He asked. Taehyung nodded not very enthusiastically. Seokjin cupped his face and his cheeks. He smiled.

„And second, you have to walk the dog.“ Seokjin went quiet for a while and Taehyung nodded again.

„You know that you get bored easily, Tae.“ Seokjin continued talking: „And what if you are so bored a I won’t be able to take the dog out?“ Taehyung looked at the ground. „But I really want a dog.“ He mumbled. Seokjin his neck.

„I know, Tae. But we just can’t have a dog.“ Seokjin said. Taehyung nodded once again, as a sign he understood.

„That’s unfair.“ Taehyung muttered and pulled away from Seokjin. The doctor rolled his eyes.

„I hate you, Jinnie!“ He told the doctor loudly and started walking away. Seokjin sighed with a smile. „It would be more convincing, if you didn’t say Jinnie, my Tae,“ he told to himself quietly.

„I heard you, Jinnie!“ Taehyung shouted from the other room. „And I really hate you! I don’t really hate you, but I hate you!“ He added then. Seokjin chuckled. „Of course you do, Tae.“ He mumbled and started minding his own business.

 

 

It was night and Seokjin was in his bed. He covered himself with the pink blanket and he was about to fall asleep, when he heard the door being open. Taehyung climbed on the bed and crawled to Seokjin.

„I thought you hate me…?“ Seokjin said with a smile and let Taehyung hug him from behind.

„I do. But not now.“ Taehyung answered, his voice deep and husky. He reached over Seokjin to cup his cheek and turned Seokjin’s head slowly.

„I can’t really hate you right now.“ He whispered and gave Seokjin a passionate kiss.

„So you like me only if it suits you?“ Seokjin asked with a smirk and kissed Taehyung once again.

„Yeah, sort of.“ Taehyung let out a deep chuckle. He turned Seokjin on his back and climbed on the top of him. He leaned down to kiss Seokjin and after a short while, he moved down to Seokjin’s neck. Seokjin moaned quietly.

Taehyung took of Seokjin’s shirt and was about to kiss his chest, but then his phone started ringing. He screamed frustratedly and looked at it. Seokjin didn’t need to have Taehyung’s detective skills to know who was calling. Jungkook.

Taehyung picked up the phone. „What?!“ He screamed: „I am having right now, I am busy!!!“ To confirm his statement, Seokjin moaned loudly and screamed Taehyung’s name.

He could hear that Jungkook rather hung up. Taehyung and Seokjin looked at each other and laughed loudly.

„That was nice.“ Seokjin let out between explosions of laughter. Taehyung nodded, laughing hysterically. After a few seconds, he stopped laughing and leaned down to Seokjin.

„And it was ing hot as well.“ He growled ily, wearing a smirk. Seokjin smirked too and locked his fingers behind Taehyung’s neck.

„Well, I tried my best.“ He purred and pulled Taehyung closer.

„Mmmh, could you try a little harder for me?“ Taehyung asked.

„I don’t even have to try.“ Seokjin answered and kissed Taehyung.

 

 

Seokjin was enjoying his afternoon coffee in pink termos, while Taehyung was running around two corpses. He hadn’t talked to Seokjin the entire day, when he needed something, he just gesticulated. Of course he was making angry faces at him, whenever he could.

„What happened between you two?“ Jungkook asked.

„He hates me.“ Seokjin answered like nothing was happening. Jungkook lifted his eyebrows.

„What? Bu – but I thought that you… I mean yesterday…“ Jungkook stuttered.

„Yes, we did. He just hates me when it suits him.“ Seokjin said like he was talking about weather. Jungkook shook his head. „Why is it still surprising me.“ He sighed.

„What did you even do to him?“ Jungkook asked after a while.

„I told him that we can’t have dog.“ Seokjin said and looked at Jungkook, who wided his eyes.

„A dog? Kim Taehyung, the famous detective with cold heart and no feelings wants a dog?“ Jungkook asked, unable to believe. Seokjin laughed queitly.

„Yes, he does. And he is dead serious about it.“ The doctor answered, sipping the warm coffee. „And we both know he is not really cold hearted.“ He added then.

„Yes, I know, but you know what I meant.“ Jungkook told the doctor and the older man nodded.

„I was surprised myself.“ Seokjin said and wanted to continue talking, but he was interrupted by Taehyung. Or, to be more exact, by his whistling. Taehyung was whistling at Seokjin to get the doctor’s attention.

And Seokjin was ignoring him on purpose. He turned to Jungkook completely and started talking about the first thing that came in his mind, letting Taehyung know that he isn’t paging attention to him.

Taehyung growled and putting his two fingers in his mouth,  he made a whistling sound so loud and high, that people on the other side of Seoul could hear it.

But Seokjin jsut kep chatting with Jungkook, smirking mischievously. Taehyung frowned, came to the doctor and tapped on his shoulder. And Seokjin still kept ignoring him by all means.

Taehyung grabbed the other’s shoulders a rather irritatedly and shook with the doctor. Just to be even more ignored. Seokjin kept talking to Jungkook like nothing was happening. Taehyung inhaled and exhaled.

„Jinnie,“ he addressed the doctor. Seokjin immediately turned, smiling at him in the sweetest way. „You called me, my darling?“ He asked innocently. Taehyung frowned and pointe dat the two dead bodies. Seokjin looked at the detective confusedly. „Do you need something, my love?“ He asked. Taehyung grinded his teeth, glaring at Seokjin.

„Just go check on the corpses, will you?“ He said then. Seokjin was making him angry and he knew that Seokjin was doing it on purpose. But he just wants a dog!

Seokjin cupped Taehyung’s cheeks and kissed his nose. „Of course, sweetie.“ He chirped and walked away.

Taehyung looked around. „There is something missing. Something is not right.“ He mumbled to himself. He started biting his nails, thinking hard, when he heard something.

He didn’t notice it, because it was a quiet sound, too quiet to get past Taehyung’s anti-noise thinking barrier. But he noticed after a while.

It was barking. A soft barking, like from a puppy. Taehyung started looking around. And then he saw it. A tiny little puppy came out of a nearby bush. It was white with a brown spot on his head. It was looking at Taehyung with it’s big brown eyes and barking softly.

„Oh my, look at you.“ Taehyung squealed and knelt in front of the puppy. He lifted the puppy carefully. „What a cute little guy are you.“ He cooed.

Seokjin lifted his head. And his eyes went wide. Oh no, a dog. Taehyung will certainly want to keep it.

Oh

No

Taehyung turned to Seokjin, his face showing happiness and excitement. He breathed in, but before he could say anything, Seokjin spoke.

„We are not keeping it.“ He said. He watched Taehyung’s face go sad in second.

„But Jinnie.“ The detective whined. „Come on, look at him.“ He turned the puppy to Seokjin, so the doctor see it.

„You can’t say no to face like this!“

„Actually I can, wanna see?“

Taehyung pressed the puppy to his chest gently, as if he wanted to protect it from Seokjin. „No.“ He muttered. He was cuddling with the puppy for a while, but then the little dog started barking, looking at the corpses.

„What is that, my little guy, what’s wrong?“ Taehyung asked, asi if the puppy could understand him. The puppy started squirming in Taehyung’s arms, so the detective put it down on the ground.

The puppy started running to the dead bodies. Seokjin had ti chuckle at it, because it looked kind of funny, how it’s tiny paws were moving rapidly. It started sniffing one of the corpses and then it barked, nudging the dead body with his muzzle.

Seokjin petted the puppy. „I guess this was your owner.“ He said: „I’m sorry, buddy. But I’m afraid he won’t wake up. You’ll have to go to the shelter. We can’t really keep you.“ Seokjin sent a look to Taehyung, who stuck his tongue out.

 

 

Taehyung was investigating, Seokjin was discusing something very important with Jungkook and the puppy was running around. Taehyung was sitting on the ground (what was Seokjin not very happy about) and biting his nails. He remembered about the puppy the puppy and called it. But the tiny dog didn’t come. Taehyung turned around.

„Come here, little guy, come to me!“ He called again, but the puppy didn’t appeal.

„Is everybody ignoring me today?“ Taehyung muttered and got up. He saw the puppy’s tiny tail peeking out of a bush, waving from side to side. Taehyung came to it. „What are you doing here, little guy.“ He said and pushed away the branches. He saw the puppy playing with a… a knife. A knife covered with blood.

Taehyung picked the puppy up. He could easily take it in one hand, because his hands were large and the puppy was really tiny. Then he grabbed the knife.

„Hey, you annoying cop!“ He shouted and stoo dup.

„My name is Jungkook.“ Jungkook muttered, walking to Taehyung.

„Whatever, Jeonguk, come here.“ Taehyung said and showed the knife to the cop. „Take this to the lab. I feel like this will help find the murderer.“ He told the cop, giving all his attention to the pup. „Aren’t you a clever little boy.“ He cooed.

 

 

Taehyung and Seokjin were sitting on a bench. They were waiting for results from the laboratory and Taehyung was cuddling with the puppy. Seokjin smiled, smoking the puppy’s head gently.

„You know we can’t keep it, right?“ He asked.

„Yes.“ Taehyung answered sadly. „I’m enjoying the last minutes, before it ges away.“

Seokjin the other’s hair. „I’m glad you changed your mind.“

„I didn’t. I’m just keeping my mouth shut, because I want to get laid tonight.“

Seokjin laughed. „My brother has a dog.“ He said then:“If you behave, we can visit him.“

„Yay.“