Family time

Detective Tae and doctor Jin

Taehyung looked at the house he was standing in front of. " I am not sure about this, Jin." He said, still watching the house. "Don't worry. It will be alright. My family is fine." Seokjin answered with a smile. This house was house of Seokjin's grandparents. His grandfather had birthday and he decided that he wants to celebrate it with the whole family. Seokjin was super excited. He didn't see his family in quite long time. He was so happy, when his grandmother called him. They were talking for hours and beside other things, Seokjin told his grandmother that he has a boyfriend. Of course she wanted to hear everything. And she was so happy. She told Seokjin that he has to bring his boyfriend with.

Taehyung was scared. He had no idea what was going to come. He didn't know what to expect. He was trembling a little, when he was standing in front of the door with Seokjin. He grabbed the other's hand, when Seokjin rang the doorbel. Seokjin chuckled.

The door opened. A small old woman was standing there. She smiled wide, which made the wrinkles around her eyes even more visible. "Hello, Jinnie." She chirped. Her voice was quite high, Taehyung would say it was voice of typical kind grandmother, that appeared in fairy tales. "Hello, granny." Seokjin leaned down to hug her. She was really small...

"Now, I haven't seen you in a while."  She patted Seokjin's cheek lovingly: "Look at you, how much you've grown up." Seokjin smiled at her words.  "You look skinny. I hope you eat well. Because if you don't..." She didn't finish, just showed Seokjin her fist menacingly, before looking at Taehyung. "And who is this handsome man? Come closer, so I can take a good look at you." He stepped closer and she looked up at him. "That's Taehyung, my boyfriend." Seokjin explained and her face shined. "Oh, so you are Jinnie's boyfriend! Now you are such a sweetie, Taehyung. I'm granny for you, okay, darling?" She reached up and pinched Taehyung's cheeks.

"I like you. If I was a little younger, I'd definitely have you."  She claimed and Taehyung blinked.

"You'd need a too." They suddenly heard. Very old man came. Seokjin's grandfather. "So you are the one, who is screwing my grandson?" He asked and patted Taehyung's back. It was a hard pat, like from a bear. Seokjin's grandfather was scaring Taehyung. "Yeah, you are exactly Seokjin's type." He patted Taehyung's back again twice. Then he smiled. "I like you. You are nice." Taehyung smiled nervously back and rushed to his boyfriend.

"You are scaring him." Granny told to her husband: "I told you to act normally. You could listen to me just once."  They could hear her, as she was walking away. Taehyung looked at Seokjin, who smiled. "You'll get used to them." He said and led Taehyung to living room. 

 

Taehyung met a lot of Seokjin's relatives, including his older brother and his family. Everyone liked Taehuyng, especially Seokjin's grandparents and his niece Minji, who refused to leave Taehyung alone. Everybody was in the living room talking, and having fun. Except for two people Taehyung was afraid of the most. Seokjin's parents. Seokjin kept calming Taehyung, telling him that it will be alright. But that wasn't helping Taehyung at all. And honestly, Seokjin himself didn't believe it.

Finally they heard the door bell. Granny jumped from her armchair and rushed to open the door, together with her husband Taehyung squeezed his boyfriend's hand and the other smiled at him. "It will be okay." He whispered and Taehyung breathed in. 

Seokjin's parents came in the living room. They both looked like very serious people, especially Seokjin's father. The doctor stood up and went to greet his parents. They smiled, what made them look a little nicer.

"Mum, dad, this is Taehyung. My boyfriend." Seokjin said and pointed at the detective, who stood up immediately. "Kim Taehyung. Nice to meet you." He felt stupid, telling everyone still the same Kim Taehyung, nice to meet you, but what can he do. Seokjin's father shook his hand and smiled. "Nice to meet you too. Call me father, please." Taehyung nodded. Father didn't seem he minded that his son had a boyfriend. He wanted grandchildren, but he didn't really care. There was still adoption...

Seokjin smiled for himself. He knew that his father will accept Taehyung, his father was tolerant. What was Seokjin afraid about was his mother. His mother was against everything, that wasn't a "normal" family - female mother, male father and children.Actually she hated everything, that wasn't normal in her opinion. Seokjin could remember that once, when he was thirteen, he painted his nails. His girl classmates were painting their nails and he liked it, so he tried it too. His mother yelled at him so much, that even now he was too scared to look at nail polish. 

Seokjin's mother shook Taehyung's hand too. Taehyung smiled politely at her, but she didn't move a muscle in her face. She was just looking at him with hatred in her eyes. Taehyung knew he was screwed. Seokjin's mother wasn't going to like him, not even if he was the girliest, kindest, nicest, god knows what more person on this planet. Taehyung returned to his boyfriend and his mother frowned. She went to sit on the opposite side of the couch.

 

Taehyung was holding on Seokjin like his life depended on it the whole time. Seokjin could understand him, especially after his mother came. Everybody was scared of his mother...

So Seokjin made sure to be right beside his boyfriend the whole time. He knew how much Taehyung hated people, and this much people on one place was certainly making him nervous.

The detective became Minji's personal pillow for cuddling. Sort of her body pillow. She was with Taehyung everywhere and it cost the detective a lot of persuasion so Minji would let him at least to go to the toilet. Minji kept saying that the new uncle is handsome and she likes him. Once she even claimed that when she grows up, she will marry him. "I'm afraid, that you are not his type, Minji-ah." Grandfather commented with a laugh. She didn't understand, what he meant, but that didn't stop her from loving Taehyung with her whole heart. Which you couldn't say about Seokjin's mother. When she wasn't talking to anyone, she was looking at the detective and making sure to let him know she hates him. Normally, Taehyung would hate her passionately back, but it was Seokjin's mother. For some reason, she couldn't hate her. She could be just sad because of she didn't like him. But Taehyung still kind of hoped that she will start to like him. 

 

The atmosphere between the detective and his boyfriend's mother was thick. Seokjin's mother was starting to hate him even more, after she found out that he didn't have a "proper job". Granny asked what was Taehyung working as. And Taehyung explained calmly, that he was a detective, helping the police. Granny was nice at him, so Taehyung didn't see a single reason not to be nice too. This wasn't a usual pudding brain, this was part of Seokjin's family. Granny admired his cleverness, grandfather confessed he wanted to be a detective too. Minji was amazed and asked whether Taehyung could find her lost stuffed bunny. Father was a little afraid about how much money was Taehyung receiving, but he calmed down after the detective assured him it was a lot more than minimum wage. Only mother made a disgusted face. When Seokjin asked her what was wrong,she answered: "Nothing. I just thought he could at least have normal job." It hurt Taehyung, but he decided to ignore it and play with Minji and Seokjin instead. The little girl demanded Taehyung to tell her about his cases. It was hard for the detective to recall a case that could be family friendly. But he remembered about that weird incident with lions in the zoo and he was sure that Minji will like it. Somehow, he even managed to tell her, where did she lost her Biscuit, her plush toy, when she described him the details. And since everybody could hear him thinking aloud, they were listening to him. And they clapped when he found the solution. It warmed Taehyung's heart. He never really realised how he liked to be praised.

"My clever boy." Seokjin whispered and and kissed Taehyung's cheek. Granny cooed at it, Minji had to kiss her Taehyung too, the rest didn't do anything, just watched them. Seokjin's mother rolled her eyes and muttered "disgusting to herself. Both Seokjin and Taehyung could hear her. Seokjin looked at her sadly, Taehyung didn't do anything, what was the doctor really thankfull about. He knew his clever boy. He knew that when Taehyung didn't like something, he always started arguing. Seokjin was wondering how come that the detective didn't start shouting at her yet, but since it still didn't happen, he stayed quiet.

 

The detective was quiet and calm, Seokjin was glad about it and he didn't forget to praise him for it and he also promised him something special for it. "I bet it will be big ice cream." Minji said with a big grin. Both of them giggled at it and Seokjin told her it will be something better than big ice cream. Minji was confused a little, but then she realised that her uncle surely meant big ice cream with chocolate and strawberries. Seokjin loved Minji's innocence, it was adorable.

But Taehyung was Taehyung. And Seokjin knew that Taehyung's calmess won't last forever. And it came pretty soon. Taehyung was busy playing with Minji and the girl was laughing loudly, everybody could tell she was having so much fun with her new uncle. Everything was peaceful, until Seokjin's mother decided it will be so nice to break the pretty atmosphere. 

"Are you sure it's alright to let your daughter to play with him?" She asked loudly her older son, just to make sure Taehyung hears her. Taehyung's ears were super sensitive, he would hear her perfectly even if she whispered. He lifted his head a little, concentrating on what she is going to say next.

"Why wouldn't it be alright? She's happy and Taehyung is nice." Minji's father answered. He was confused, why would his mother ask something like that? "Well, I don't know." She shrugged her shoulders, irony dripping from her voice: "But you know, his orientation. These people usually have a lot of diseases. And his job..." And that was enough for Taehyung. He stood up furiously, making Minji look up at him a little frightened. Taehyung smiled at her warmly and petted her head, before frowning at Seokjin's mother. Seokjin was amazed how kind his boyfriend was at Minji, even if he was angry to no end. "He'd be the best father." He thought, watching the perfect father, curious what will happen. Everybody was watching, curious what will happen. 

"Okay, mother - in - law." He started, imitating her voice. "This was the most irony I have ever used in my life." Taehyung told to himself in his mind. "I can quite understand you don't like my orientation, I know not all the people will accept that. But let me tell you something. And assure you that I have tested myself lot of times, I have no disease." He smiled ironically at her and she was caught completely off guard. She wasn't used to being yelled at, she was usually the one who was yelling. Seokjin was proud of his boyfriend. "Yes, I am a , a proud . And I don't understand how can you hate on me, when your son is a too." Taehyung looked at Seokjin apologetically, but the doctor just smiled. He was proud of Taehyung. 

"And let me tell you animals are faggots too, in case you wanted to say it's against the nature." Taehyung heard Minji asking her father what does "" mean, to which her father answered it was a bad word and she shouldn't say it. Taehyung made a mental note to say sorry, once this is over. 

"Second, you should be thankful for me having my job. Because, you won't believe, I save lifes! I save lifes of living people. Lifes of your normal people, woman. One day, you might be kidnapped and guess, who is going to save you. Yes, your queer son - in - law!" He shouted and sat back. Seokjin put his arms around the detective's shoulders. and whispered "good job" to his ear. Seokjin's mother wasn't able to speak. She was staring at Taehyung, mouth agape, almost unable to breath.

"Now, I go away for five seconds and it's war here." Granny came to the living room. She was in the kitchen, but she could hear Taehyung yelling. "What happened?" She asked, placing a pie on the coffee table. 

"Your daughter doesn't like Taehyung." Grandfather answered. He was sitting in a rocking chair and god, he was having fun. "What? My own daughter? I didn't raise you like that." Granny looked at her daughter angrily. "I was trying to raise you to be tolerant. But you don't like Taehyung, just because he likes guys? Such a disappointment." She came to Taehyung. "The only thing I don't like on him is that he is skinny. But we are going to fix that, right darling." She pinched Taehyung's cheek and started cutting the pie, stuffing a big piece to his hand. 

"And stop creating ugly atmosphere here. We came to celebrate, not to argue." Granny finished and nobody dared to talk back. 

 

The rest of the birthday party was nice. Everyone was having fun, they had great time. Just Taehyung and Seokjin's mother kept their distance from each other. In the evening, Seokjin decided it's time to go home. Minji was crying, saying good bye to her new uncle, but Taehyung promised her that they will meet again soon. She gave him hundreds of kisses and waved tirelessly. Granny and grandfather kept telling them to come visit them soon. Taehyung was smiling warmly, until Seokjin's mother came to him. 

"I wanted to say sorry." She said quietly: "I made a mistake." Taehyung blinked. He didn't see this coming. "It's alright." He said. Seokjin's mother didn't look at Taehyung, she just turned and went away. But Taehyung was happy. Now, she might like him, at least a little. 

 

"You were so brave today." Seokjin said, nuzzling to Taehyung on their way home: "You know, nobody really dares to yell at my mum."  Taehyung smiled at his boyfriend. "You know me." He answered and Seokjin chuckled. "You may expect something very very special." Seokjin purred and kissed the other's neck. 

"A big ice cream with chocolate and strawberries?" Taehyung asked and they laughed.


Somebody tell me, why do I have to write in the night. Anyway, japanese version of Blood Sweat & Tears is out. And it wouldn't be me if I didn't have my stupid theory. I think Namjoon got Jungkook drunk, made him pregnant and Taehyung became Harley Quinn. I think we might expect blonde Taehyung with red and blue hair tips...

I know it's ty, I'm sorry. Thank you to nlovesbts who gave me this idea. <3 Please leave comments, thank you. You can also write your requests. Thank you to everyone who reads it, I really love you guys =^w^=