Taehyung saving the day

Detective Tae and doctor Jin

Everything was getting ready for Jimin’s and Jungkook’s marriage. With every day, that was bringing the big day closer, Jimin seemed more and more nervous. Last time when Seokjin saw him, the red haired seemed to never stop shaking.And whenever Jungkook touched him or talked to him, he started shaking even more.

„I just can’t believe it’s true.“ Jimin confessed one day, when he was sitting in Seokjin’s and Taehyung’s apartment on a couch. Jimin was visiting them often last days, but nor Seokjin or Taehyng minded. Seokjin was quite surprised that Taehyung didn’t say anything, but he was glad about it.

„It still feels like I’m in a dream.“ Jimin said and Seokjin chuckled.

„I am curious what will you say after fifteen years of marriage.“ The older man said jokingly, making the younger laugh quietly.

„Yeah. I hope we won’t end up like one of those families in serials.“ Jimin giggled. Then, all of sudden, he went serious.

„Hyung, don’t you feel sometimes… envious?“ He asked: „I – I mean, I’m marrying my boyfriend and all…“

Seokjin looked at Taehyung with a loving smile. The detective was in the kitchen, making himself tea. Of course he could hear every word, but he remained quiet for once. Not that he didn’t have any funny or clever comment, he was just curious what will Seokjin respond. But he was preteding that he can’t hear them. If Seokjin knew he is listening, it might influence his answer and Taehyung didn’t want that.

„Sometimes I imagine that we are getting married too.“ Seokjin admitted, still looking at the detective. Taehyung shot his eyebrows at the top of his head – inconspicuously of course.

„But I am happy the way we are. We got so used to each other that it feels like we got married long time ago.“ Seokjin said then, his gaze returning to Jimin. Jimin nodded, smiling and blushing a little.

„That’s so cute.“ He cooed and Seokjin smiled amusedly at Jimin’s reaction.

„God, you are worse than women.“ Said Taehyung, who was passing by, the two men on the couch laughing at what he said.

„I know you are flattered by my words, Tae, I know you.“ Seokjin reached over the backrest of the couch to pat Taehyung’s .

„Yeah, keep telling yourself that.“ Taehyung called, before slipping in his study and shutting the door. Seokjin knew it was just his way to avoid awkward conversation about wedding and getting married, what would be accompanied with blushing and shifting.

He might act cool, but Seokjin knew better. Seokjin knew Taehyung was shy about these things, because he never came across them before and this little nescience was so adorable in Seokjin’s eyes. The detective is a little kid indeed, Seokjin thought, watching the closed door of Taehyung’s study, before giving his attention to Jimin again.

„I am sometimes so confused with you two.“ Jimin told the other man, browning confusedly.

„Why?“ Seokjin chuckled.

„Because it seems like you aren’t in love at all.“ Jimin explained, throwing his hands in the air, smiling bright.

„That what it looks like. You should see him when we are alone.“ Seokjin said and then he clapped his hands together. „Jinnie baby~~~“ He imitated the detective: „I love you, Jinnie baby~~~ You are so handsome, Jinnie baby~~~ Do you want something to eat, Jinnie baby?“ He ended his little show, Jimin laughing hysterically at it.

 

 

The next weeks were kind of blurred for Jimin. Get up, go to work, return home to preparing the wedding and then go to sleep with his fiance. Jimin was tired every day, but the joy of knowing that he is getting married soon was making everything better. When he was lying down in bed, Jungkook holding him tight in his arms and whispering sweet nothings to him was making him so happy that he forgot everything, forgot being tired.

 

                                                                      ***

 

And finally it was here. The most important day in Jungkook’s and Jimin’s lifes. Jungkook was standing in front of a mirror, looking at his own reflection. It was weird, seeing himself in a suit. He took a deep breath and looked at the ceiling.

He turned around and saw Taehyung standing a few steps away from him. He couldn’t help himself and smiled. „Who would ever say that Kim Taehyung, a man famous for having no emotions, will be my best man.“ He claimed.

„Yeah.“ Taehyung muttered and looked to Jungkook’s eyes. They were watching each other without saying anything for a while that felt like years to them.

„Good luck…I guess.“ Taehyung broke to silence, much to Jungkook’s relief . The policeman nodded. „Thank you.“ He added then.

 

 

The atmosphere was better than best. As expected, it was a wedding after all… Everybody was in a good mood. Even Taehyung was, surprising everyone including himself. Never in his life he would think the annoying cop would become kind of his friend.

But Taehyung was a detective. And he never really left his work. And of course not even on wedding. He was currently frowning at this suspicious woman that was sitting a few metres from him and Seokjin.

„That woman is no good I tell you.“ He told his boyfriend. Seokjin rolled his eyes. „Tae, it’s just a woman. It’s no insane psychopat that want to murder us all.“ He said to the detective.

„That’s what you think. But I know that she has got some evil plan.“ Taehyung answered. Seokjin shook his head. „Just don’t embarass us, please.“ He mumbled then. He noticed Hoseok, a friend of his and Jimin, coming to them, smiling bright like second sun. He was waving to them from afar and calling them loudly.

„Hello!“ He chirped and sat on a chair next to Seokjin. Yoonji, Hoseok’s rife, came after him, she wasn’t walking as fast as Hoseok.

„My, I haven’t seen you in a while. How are you?“ Hoseok asked excitedly.

„Great, really. Only this little grumpy man is spoiling it.“ Seokjin answered and pointed at Taehyung, who stuck his tongue out at Seokjin. The doctor answered him the same way.

„Oh, how? Is he angry again?“ Hoseok asked with a smile. He knew Taehyung, he talked with him a few times.

„He claims that the woman over there came to murder us.“ Seokjin chuckled and inconspicuously pointed at said woman.

„I never said she wants to murder us. I’m just saying that she is evil and I’m going to prove it.“ Taehyung corrected his boyfriend. Seokjin smirked. „Let’s bet.“ He said. Taehyung looked at him with a raised eyebrow. „You are brave. You know I’m never wrong.“ He said.

„Good for you then.“ Seokjin answered. He knew what will Taehyung want if he wins. And Taehyung is, as he said, never wrong, so there is eighty percent chance he will win. And that means fun for them both… Not talking about how y Taehyung is, when he is Taehyung the detective.

„Alright.“ Taehyung agreed. They shook their hands to confirm their bet. „You are not going to sleep tonight.“ Taehyung said with a smirk, making Seokjin smile. „I can’t wait.“ The doctor answered.

 

 

Taehyung kept watching the woman, who was becoming more and more suspicious. Taehyung frowned, when she pulled out his phone and she was typing something, eyeing Jimin like an eagle.

Taehyung was tapping on the table with his fingers. He just knew that this woman will do something bad and he was determined to find out what it was. And win the bet. Now that Seokjin made the bet with him, he was going to do anything to win. Just because he has his plans already…

He go tup from his chair and went to Jimin, who was tuning some tiny details. „Jimin!“ Taehyung called and the red haired man turned and smiled bright. Jimin was quite surprised that Taehyung came to him, but it was a nice surprise.

„Do you need something, hyung?“ Jimin asked.

„I’m investigating.“ Taehyung answered. Jimin raised his eyebrows. „Investigating? Here? Why, did something happen?“ He asked worriedly. He didn’t want anything bad to happen here, on his own wedding.

„No, nothing happened. And I’m trying to avoid something to happen.“ Taehyung explained and Jimin nodded as a sign that he understood.

„Do you know the woman over there?“ Taehyung asked, pointing at the suspicious women, who was glaring at them. Jimin looked at her.

„Not really. I know she is Jungkook friend, but that’s all. I didn’t really talk to her.“ Jimin said and looked at Taehyung again. The detective rubbed his hands together. „Now this is where the fun starts.“ He said.

Taehyung came to Jungkook. The policeman was visibly nervous, when the detective approached him, he had so much fear in his eyes. „Taehyung, for god’s sake.“ Jungkook said and grabbed Taehyung by his forearm. „I think I can’t make it.“ Taehyung could feel Jungkook’s hand shaking. „What if – what if something happenes? What if he doesn’t want to marry me?“ Jungkook was starting to panic. Taehyung grabbed the other’s shoulders.

„Calm the down. Jimin wouldn’t agree on marrying you if he didn’t want to, would he?“ Taehyung said. Jungkook looked down at the ground. „I know,“ Jungkook mumbled: „I’m just nervous.“

Taehyung took a breath. „Forget everything. We’ve got a thing to solve.“ Jungkook looked at the detective. „What? Now?“ He asked.

„Yes. There is a woman. She is sitting near Jinnie.“ Taehyung told the policeman, who looked over Taehyung’s shoulder. His eyes wided. „Oh no.“ He muttered.

„That’s Hyejin. I was supposed to marry her. I told her that I don’t want to marry her long time ago, but she just doesn’t want to let me go.“ Jungkook explained.

„I sense a great trouble.“ Taehyung commented.

„Taehyung, we must do something. She will ruin everything!“ Jungkook shook Taehyung’s arm.

„Don’t worry, Jeonguk. I will get care of everything. You will marry Jimin no matter what, I swear.“

 

 

Taehyung was walking back to his Jinnie and Hoseok. He needed to talk to them. But Hyejin was faster. She grabbed Taehyung by his wrist and turned him to face her.

„What the hell is your problem?“ She hissed. Taehyung frowned. „I should be the one asking this question. What do you want?“ He growled.

„Oh, nothing.“ She smiled sarcastically: „Nothing but my husband, who belongs to me!“ She screamed.

Taehuyng raised his eyebrow calmly. „Belongs to you? I’m afraid that’s rather impossible. There’s a law against it.“ He answered with a smirk. His eyes went dark. „If anyone, he will belong to Jimin. You are not going to stop them. I will make sure you won’t.“

She gave Taehuyng a death glare. „We’ll see.“

 

 

„We have to do something.“ Taehyung said, when he was sitting next to Seokjin. „We?“ Seokjin asked with a smile. „Of course. You have to help me, you are my doctor.“ Taehyung answered.

„No no no. This is your case, you have to solve it by yourself.“ Seokjin smirked. Taehyung crossed his arms on his chest. „That’s unfair.“ He muttered. Seokjin sent him a kiss.

 

 

It was near the wedding ceremony and Taehyung was sitting on his chair, thinking what to do. He can’t let that bitc- Hyejin destroy everything. The annoying cop just has to marry Jimin, it’s…how do you call it… fate.

He was watching the woman without blinking. Then suddenly looked up at him. She sent him an evil smile and waved at him with her phone.

Taehyung stood up. He is going to stop that Hye and no one is going to stop him, especially not Hye herself. He called Hoseok loudly.

„I am supposed to what?“ Hoseok asked once again in last two minutes.

„You are supposed to be the best man instead of me.“ Taehyung answered calmly, he was starting to be annoyed. People can be so stupid sometimes, like didn’t he hear him?

„And why is that?“ Hoseok asked.

„Because I have something to do.“ The detective said.

„And what is it that is more important that a wedding?“

„That’s none of your business. Just do as I told, will you.“ Taehyung said and growling something under his breath, he left the other man. Hoseok was watching him confusedly. „What the hell.“ He mumbled to himself, before he went away.

 

 

Hyejin sat down on a bech. Everything was ready for her plan. She smiled for herself. If she can’t have Jungkook, no one will. She felt a finger tapping on her shoulder, so she lifted her head. She saw a young women. She could remember her, she saw this woman around but she had no idea who it was and she wasn’t interested in getting to know her.

The foreign woman smiled. „Could you please follow me?“ She asked. Hyejin frowned. „Why should I?“ She replied with a question. The woman didn’t move a muscle in her face and just continued smiling. „I need to talk to you.“ The woman glanced up: „In private.“

Hyejin let out an annoyed sigh, but she stood up. Whatever this woman wants, she should be quick. Hyejin doesn’t have time for any .

 

 

God, how grateful Taehyung was that Yoonji agreed on helping him. He has to thank her later, once this crap is over. He straightened himself when he heard steps. Yoonji came and right after her came Hye.

„So what did you want?“ Hye asked. Yoonji left without saying anything, just smiling like she was before.

„Hey, what the is thi-„ Hye called after Yoonji and was about to go after her, but then someone grabbed her wrist. She turned. There was that guy who claimed he will destroy her plan. He smirked.

„Hello there,“ he said with a confident voice: „Long time no see.“

Hyejin tried to wrench her wrist out of his grip, but Taehyung was too strong. He took her phone before she could do anything. He looked at it disgustedly. „You could’ve chosen a better colour.“ He commented.¨

„You can try, it’s locked.“ Hyejin said. She has got password on her phone, the man will never get into it.

Taehyung showed Hyejin her phone and her eyes wided, when she saw her wallpaper. Jungkook.

„You’re obsessed, woman. You should find yourself a hobby.“ Taehyung said like nothing was happening and tried to hide his wrist. He has written Jungkook’s name on his wrist before, so he doesn’t embarass himself while giving a speech.

„How… how did you…“ Hyejin stuttered and Taehyung gave her an are you kidding me look.

„Come on. Having Jungkook as your password. You couldn’t make it any more obvious.“ Taehyung said and continued scrolling through her phone.

„Let me go!“ She yelled. Taehyung put a finger on his lips. „Shh. You are ruining the wedding.“ He said, smiling triumphantly. She froze. The wedding. Taehyung’s smile wided.

„I told you I will make sure no one will stop them.“ He said: „And I always keep my promise.“

 

 

Hyejin ran to the room, where the ceremony took a place. It was over. Jimin and Jungkook were standing close to each other, smiling and blushing and holding hands. There were rings on thein fingers – wedding rings. The people were clapping. Hyejin screamed, startling everyone in the room. Everybody turned to her, Jungkook looking at her worriedly.

„No!!!“ She yelled and ran out of the room and the building. Jungkook couldn’t help himself and smiled. He hugged Jimin tight. The red haired hugged him back, a rather confusedly.

„I’ll explain everything later.“ Jungkook whispered and Jimin nodded.

Seokjin came to Taehyung, who was walking to him with a smile.

„Where were you?“ Seokjin blurted quietly. He didn’t want to make theatre for everyone, but he wanted to scold the detective for disappearing so suddenly. Taehyung gave him a box shaped smile and shrugged his shoulders.

„I just made sure that Jungkook gets married.“ He answered. Seokjin blinked a few times. „What do you mean?“ He asked.

„I mean I won the bet. That bi- woman wanted to spoil Jungkook’s wedding. I told you she was evil and I as right once again.“ Taehyung explained, wearing a confident smile. He chuckled when Seokjin gasped.

„Oh my, really?“ Seokjin breathed out. Taehyung nodded.

„Did you really miss Jungkook’s wedding just to save it? You are an angel, Tae.“ Seokjin wrapped his arms around Taehyung and hid his face in Taehyung’s shoulder.

„So? Am I getting my reward?“ Taehyung petted Seokjin hair.

„Reward and a bonus for what you did.“ Seokjin looked at Taehyung and then kissed the detective. Taehyung smirked.

„You can say goodbye to tomorrow then. We have a lot of things to do.“ Taehyung cupped Seokjin’s cheeks and they kissed passionately.


I am terribly sorry. Oh my god, I am so sorry. I know I promised two updates. I am sorry. I really wanted to keep my promise, but I had a writing block and then anime festival happened and I happened to be there for four entire days. I won't be able to update for the next few weeks, so the last chapter will probably take it's time. At least you can be happy that it's not ending yet... I am sorry once again, enjoy the last but one chapter, leave comment and bye. I love you all, please don't be mad at me. (*´∀`*)