Thursday

Detective Tae and doctor Jin

It was Thursday. Seokjin learned not to expect anything from Taehyung on Thursdays. He knew very well that Taehyung is confused on Thursdays. When the detective told him for the first time, Seokjin couldn’t believe. Like, how is that even possible? Seokjin thought that Taehyung was just joking. But the first Thursday with Taehyung, he found out that the detective wasn’t joking at all.

 

It was noon and Seokjin was eating. The apartment was quiet. When suddenly Taehyung got out of his study. He came to the kitchen and poured water to the kettle. He seemed that he didn’t notice Seokjin.

„Hello.“ Seokjin said. Taehyung stopped everything and slowly turned to Seokjin. „Who are you?“ The detective asked, frowning confusedly. Seokjin lifted his eyebrows. What does he mean who are you? Does the detective not remember Seokjin or what?

„What do you mean, I am your flatmate.“ Seokjin said. Taehyung frowned even more. „Flatmate?“ He asked. „No. I have no flatmate. I live alone.“

Seokjin’s eyes widened. Taehyung must be joking, he can’t be serious. „Tae for god’s sake, what are you saying? I moved here few days ago. Do you not remember?“

Taehyung thought for a while. Then suddenly his eyebrows shot up.

„Oooh, Jin! Hello, Jin, how are you?“ He smiled. Seokjin was more than confused. What on Earth is happening?

„I’m sorry about that thing. But well, you know. I’m just really confused on Thursdays. I just can’t help it.“ Taehyung scratched the back of his head nervously.

„Seriously?“ Seokjin asked. Taehyung nodded. Seokjin closed his eyes and sighed.

„This is going to be an adventure.“ He told to himself.

 

 

Of course Taehyung wasn’t confused on every Thursday. There were Thursdays when Taehyung was normal. But it wasn’t certainly this Thursday.

Seokjin was in the kitchen cooking lunch. He was humming along with the radio that was . He popped a piece of tomato in his mouth and threw the rest of the cut tomatoes in a pot.

He heard steps, so he looked up. He saw Taehyung and he smiled. The detective came to the kitchen and looked around a rather confusedly. He shook his head and went away. Seokjin smiled at it and continued cooking again.

After a while, Taehyung came back. „What is that thing making sounds here?“ He asked.

„That’s a radio, my Tae.“ Seokjin answered without looking at the detective. Taehuyng left without saying anything. Seokjin sighed with a smile. How much this became common in his life.

After a few minutes, Taehyung stormed in the kitchen like a hurricane. „What the hell is this racket here?“ He growled. He looked like he just woke up from a deep sleep. Seokjin smiled at him innocently. „Just songs.“ He answered in a sweet voice. Taehyung frowned. „It’s terrible.“ He said. Seokjin chuckled at it.

„Seriously, I’m can feel I’m getting diabetes.“ Taehyung pointed at the radio. Seokjin giggled.

„Now, you are cute when you giggle, but turn that thing off.“ Taehyung crossed his arms on his chest. Seokjin looked at him like the detective just killed a puppy.

„But that’s my favourite song!“ He said, pretending to be sad, as OK by Strawberry Milk was playing in the background. Taehyung blinked. They stood in silence for a few minutes, the silence being interrupted just by the radio. It was a rather awkward scene, considered what was playing in the background.

Then without saying anything, Taehyung his heels and left. And Seokjin continued cutting vegetables like nothing was happening. He was silently singing along with the radio, ignoring everything else.

Seokjin stirred the soup in the pot and leaned against the kitchen counter. He looked at the ceiling and smiled for himself. Never in his life, he wouldn’t think that he’d not only get used to Taehyung, but fall in love with him. And never in his life, he wouldn’t think he’d start liking Thursdays. It was just funny how Taehyung had no idea what’s going on.

He shook his head with a smile and turned back to the cooker. He stirred the soup again. Yes, he loves Taehyung and Thursdays.

 

 

„Tae!“ He called: „The lunch is ready! Come here!“ He placed the meal on the table and sat down. He started eating slowly, waiting for Taehyung to come. But Taehyung wasn’t coming.

„Tae, come here!“ Seokjin called again. But again, nothing happened. Seokjin shrugged his shoulders and continued eating. He doubted he wants to know what is Taehyung doing.

Seokjin finished the lunch alone and because he was really hungry, he also ate Taehyung’s serving. He knew that Taehyung won’t be mad because of it. The detective often let Seokjin eat his food. Seokjin loved Taehyung for this.

 

 

Seokjin was washing the dishes calmly. It was so weirdly quiet in the apartment, Seokjin didn’t know, whether he should be afraid or glad. He decided to ignore it, until there are no explosions.

He finished washing the dishes, so he turned the tap off, dried his hands with a cloth and left the kitchen. He found Taehyung lying on the floor in the centre of the living room. Seokjin came to him and and leaned to him. Taehyung looked at Seokjin back, but it was like he was staring through Seokjin’s head at the ceiling.

Seokjin patted the detective’s forehead gently. „It will be over tomorrow, don’t worry.“ He whispered and knelt, so he can kiss Taehyung.

„I know.“ Taehyung mumbled and let Seokjin press a sweet kiss on his forehead. Seokjin smiled and Taehyung’s cheeks. Then he got up and went to his room.

 

 

Seokjin was reading a book on a couch, snuggled in his blanket. Everything was fine, until he heard noise coming from the kitchen. His head shot up and he was trying to concentrate on the sound.

„Tae, whatever are you doing, stop it right now!“ He said loudly. The noise immediately stopped. Seokjin smiled. „Good boy!“ He called and his eyes dropped down to the book again.

It was quiet for a while, before the noise started again, even more loudly this time. Seokjin clicked with his tongue annoyedly.

„Tae, stop it!“ He shouted. The noise stopped right at that second and after that followed a quiet sorry Jinnie.

Taehyung came to the living room, looked around and then at Seokjin.

„I think I left it somewhere.“ He muttered. Seokjin lifted his eyebrow. „What have you left somewhere?“ He asked.

„You know, it.“ Taehyung scratched the back of his neck, walking slowly around.

„Well, I’m sure you didn’t leave it in the kitchen.“ Seokjin said in a stern voice. Taehyung looked at him guiltily. „Sorry.“ He whispered shamefacedly. He knew that he isn’t allowed to do anything in the kitchen, except eating and making himself tea. And he knew it very well.

„Just stay out of the kitchen.“ Seokjin told the detective with a smile. Taehyung nodded and left the room. Seokjin returned to the book. He just hoped that Taehyung won’t break anything like last time…

 

 

It was evening. Seokjin was half sitting half lying on the couch, leaning against the armrest. Taehyung was lying on him, his head resting on Seokjin’s stomach. Seokjin was running his fingers through Taehyung’s hair and watching the TV. Taehyung was just lying there quietly.

„It wasn’t that bad today, was it?“ Seokjin asked and looked at his boyfriend. Taehyung growled. It took him a while to answer, he seemed exhausted.

„You have no idea.“ He growled and shook his head. Seokjin lifted his eyebrows. „What happened?“ He Taehuyng’s head.

„I can’t remember. I only know that I fell asleep when I was listening to you.“ Taehyung answered and moved a little, to get to a more comfortable position.

„Listening to me? When?“ Seokjin questioned. He can’t really remember saying any longer sentences to Taehyung today.

„When you were singing.“ Taehyung said and his voice was husky. He looked like he is going to fall asleep again, his eyes were closed.

„What? Why? Why are you listening to me singing?“ Seokjin was kind of shy about his singing, he didn’t want anyone to listen to him singing, not even Taehyung.

„Because your voice is angelic, baby.“ Taehyung finally opened his eyes and looked u pat his boyfriend: „You should sing more often. It’s really beautiful.“ Seokjin blushed. Then he grinned.

„Okay. When my favourite song is on the radio again, I will sing.“

„Please no, it was so sweet I almost got diabetes.“

Seokjin laughed loudly. Yes, he loves this grumpy man.


A shorter chapter today, hope you are not mad~

So I took a break because of reasons, but now I'm back, fresh like a salad... Since many of you were asking me not to end this, then I'm going to make it a little longer. The thing is that I am kind of out of ideas what to write. I will be looking for inspiration everywhere, but if you have any requests, write them in the comments, it will really help me (*^▽^*)