A little dating story

Detective Tae and doctor Jin

The story how Seokjin and Taehyung met is interesting. The story how they started dating is quite interesting too.

 

     Seokjin got used to be dragged to crime scenes. He got used to stand in some foreign place with thermos, watching Taehyung run around dead bodies, blabbing a occasionally asking Seokjin to help him with something. Even Jungkook – the black haired policeman – was tolerating him there. They became kind of friends. Also Taehyung and Jin had quite nice relationship. Taehyung became very affectionate towards Seokjin, started calling him Jinnie and even baby slipped out sometimes. But Seokjin somehow couldn't bring himself to start caring about it. He just went with it. Jungkook was sending him weird looks, but Seokjin always just shrugged his shoulders. He is weird enough to talk to ants that he brought home, why wouldn't this be normal for him? It didn't matter anyway. Nothing was happening in the apartment, because Taehyung was shut in his study for most of the time. If he wasn't in the study, he was either thinking, experimenting or working on a hard case. He rarely talked to Seokjin. But Seokjin kept talking to Taehyung. Even if the detective wasn't listening to him, he was talking. It felt somehow nice to have someone you can tell everything.

The only time they had some kind of conversation, not including times when Taehyung needed Seokjin's help with cases, was when they were eating. Then Taehyugn tried to talk to Seokjin like normal people do and he was doing surprisingly well.

„So...uhm...how was the day?“ He asked during dinner.

„It was good.“ Seokjin smiled. He was glad that Taehyung was trying. „I didn't have many patients today. I had peace and even got coffee.“ Taehyung nodded once and continued eating quietly. He didn't know what else he should say. „What about you? What were you doing?“ Seokjin asked with a smile: „Are you still working on that case?“ Taehyung nodded again. „It is a very hard one. The killer is smarter than I thought.“ He answered. „Maybe I can help?“ Seokjin offered. „If you have time...“ Taehyung said, probably thinking about something. This last case was really hard.The killer was killing totally random persons, always in random time and never left a single clue. It was starting to drive Taehyung crazy. He felt like somebody was playing with him. And he didn't like it. „Yes, I do. I have a day off tomorrow.“ Seokjin said. Taehyung just nodded and ate his soup vacantly. Seokjin had to chuckle at it. „Don't worry, you will solve it soon, I am sure.“ He reached his hand out and ruffled Taehyung's hair. He returned to his own bowl with soup and didn't notice Taehyung's look that he gave to Seokjin.

 

     Another murder happened. Again out of sudden. Again no clue. And again, Taehyung was standing next to a dead body, that was shot in head. Taehyung wanted to throw something out of window. But that is really hard to do in the middle of a street... Seokjin was standing a few metres away from him with neon pink thermos (it was the biggest one he found, it's not that he likes pink) pressed to his chest, next to him was Jungkook and they were watching the detective. Seokjin was a little sad, seeing Taehyung desperate like that. The brown haired was walking in circles around the body, completely helpless. „Okay, what is between you and him?“ Jungkook suddenly asked Seokjin, who looked at him with lifted eyebrows. „I dare to say we are friends.“ He answered. „Oh come on, don't tell me there is not more between you two.“ Jungkook said and turned to the older man. „What should be between us? He is busy with his work and I'm busy with mine.“ Seokjin said and sipped his coffee. „I don't thing you understand what's going on here.“ Jungkook said seriously: „I've been working with this man for five years. Do you know how he calls me?“ Seokjin shook his head. „The cop I don't hate.“ Jungkook answered with dead serious face. Seokjin widened his eyes. „He doesn't remember any of us, except Yejun. And that's because he hates him to no end.“ Jungkook was looking Seokjin in eyes: „There must be something about you that interests him. Or do you want to tell me that he is nice to you just because he is like that?“ Seokjin looked at the brown haired detective, who was biting his nails now. Seokjin noticed that Taehyung was biting his nails when he was thinking. „Well, he said that we are besties.“ Seokjin said, remembering their very first crime. „Because you were the first person who complimented him.“ Jungkook said. Seokjin looked at thim, Jungkook kept watching the detective. „What do you mean?“ Seokjin asked. „Everyone hate him.“ Jungkook replied like it was everyday business. Seokjin didn't realise he held his breath when he heard it. „He is just so clever. He can say exactly your personality, where do you work, how many children or pets do you have just by looking at you.“ Seokjin looked at the detective amazed, the brown haired noticed him and sent him a sad smile. „You were the first person, who appreciated him.“ Jungkook continued. Seokjin felt bad for Taehyung, he was such a nice person...“He never smiles, Seokjin. Never. You are the only person that he ever smiled at.“ Jungkook added. Seokjin frowned. „But he was smiling when we met. Before the first crime he was smiling.“ He countered. Jungkook was quiet for a while. „Well, you are a handsome man,“ he said then: „Even someone like Taehyung must have some needs.“ Seokjin looked at the other man, blushing sligthly at what he said. Jungkook looked at thim back and shrugged his shoulders.

 

     Seokjin and Taehyung were standing in front of a wall, where a map was tacked. Seokjin was against destroying the wall with pins, knives, scissors and other things Taehyugn was using to tack something on the wall, but he didn't care anymore. The map was huge and there was a lot of photos, articles and papers with notes pinned (knived, scissored etc. there was even an arrow) to it. Some of them were connected by a red strings. Taehyung was biting his nails and frowning, while Seokjin was just standing there. They both were thinking. „!“ Taehyung threw his arms into air and then hid his face. Seokjin was so sorry for him. He knew that Taehyung felt so powerless. Seokjin pressed his lips into a thin line, as he watched the desperate guy next to him. „I don't know, Jin.“ The brown haired man said and brought his hands together in fornt of his mouth. „I swear to god, I have just no idea.“ He looked up at the map. Seokjin could see it in his eyes. A pure despair was reflecting in those dark orbs like in a mirror. Seokjin could even tears in them. He remembered what Jungkook once told him. „Taehyung never admits he is wrong. He never admits he made a mistake. He will never admit he doesn't know something.“

Seokjin watched him, as he was studying the map. Could this man really feel something more to him than just a friendship? It was true that the brown haired was handsome man and Seokjin wouldn't mind if there was something more between them. But the detective certainly had no feelings for him and neither Seokjin had. But Seokjin still felt some kind of tension between them. Taehyung sighed heavily and looked at Seokjin. And Seokjin suddenly felt a strong urge to hug him. And so he did. Taehyung let Seokjin wrap his hands around his own body and nuzzled to Seokjin. „Just one clue.“ Taehyung's voice could be heard: „One mistake, just one tiny mistake. That's all I want.“ Seokjin could just pet the other's brown hair. He hoped that the man can't hear his fast heartbeat. „There must be some pattern. There must be something they have in common.“ Taehyung mumbled. Seokjin exhaled deeply. Taehyung's close proximity wasn't leaving him cold. He either has got some feelings for the detective, or there is something terribly wrong with him. „Some sign.“ Taehyung muttered. Then he blinked. He slowly got away from Seokjin's arms and looked at the wall. „Jinnie,“ he called: „The police indetified these people, right?“ „Yes.“ Seokjin answered. Once again, he had no idea what was the detective thinking. „Can you please call the cop that you are such a friends with? I need information about them, everything they can find I need it.“ Taehuyng turned to the doctor and gave him a box shaped smile. „I think I'm getting in charge.“ With that, he disappeared in his study.

 

     Since the call was settled within minutes, Taehyung was shut in his study and the research will take some time, Seokjin had time to think. Think about him and Taehyung. The detective was handsome as hell, no one could deny that. From the start, Seokjin admired, besides his intelligence his looks. Seokjin would be lying if he said that he never imagined having something more with Taehyung. He could even say that he liked the detective. But he always stopped himself from having such thoughts. He knew himself. If he starts imagining things, he will grow strong feelings towards the guy and that was the last thing he wanted. But how he was rethinking and overplaying the last months with Taehyung, he had to agree with Jungkook. Seokjin was watching the detective for some time. And he never was so nice to anyone but him. Seokjin looked at the door from Taehyung's study. It may be just because they shared a flat. But Seokjin decided to believe Jungkook. He smiled. From now on, he decided, he will let things just flow and see what happenes.

He smiled at Taehyung, when the brown haired stormed out of the study. He let Taehyung babble about his theory about the case. He just let things flow. And there was nothing terribly worng with him. He really had some feelings for the detective.

 

 

     Taehyung was smirking at the red haired man, who was just getting arrested. They caught him in the act, when he was about to kill another woman. The woman was currently at the care of a psychologist. „Found you,“ Taehyung said mockingly. He was happy. It took him month, but it he finally solved it. God, he was so happy. „I should've killed you too.“ The red haired growled, before he was forced to a police car. „Too late.“ Taehyung answered calmly. Seokjin bounced on his feet, he was also happy that it was finally over.

 

Taehyung stayed calm all day, until they got home. But when the main door of their apartment closed, he jumped excitedly. „Finally!“ He screamed. „Finally I got him!“ Seokjin couldn't help himself, but clap his hands. „I told you that you will solve it.“ He smiled wide. Taehyung smiled back at him. „Yeah,“ He did and nothing happened for a while. Then Taehyung screamed excitedly again and pulled Seokjin to kiss him on forehead. A wet pop sounded through the hall and after that Taehyung pulled away and started going to the living room, like nothing happened. He seemed calm as always, but inside he was cursing himself. „For god's sake Taehyung, what the hell.“ He thought. He wanted to keep his feelings towards Seokjin for himself and he does this. He wanted to slap himself. He was planning to shut himself imn his study and never go out.

Seokjin touched his forehead with his finger tips. He looked at them. „And I had enough.“ He thought, as he turned and grabbed Taehyung by his wrist. Taehyung stopped. His back was facing Seokjin, he didn't dare to turn. „Taehyung. I am now going to ask you a question and I want you to answer me and tell me the truth.“ Seokjin said in stern voice. Taehyung gulped. „What do you feel about me?“ Seokjin asked. „That thing was just a little misunderstanding...“ The detective started. „Taehyung!“ Seokjin warned him. Taehyung cursed mentally. He tried. Okay, time to go out with the truth...

„I love you.“

They were quiet for a few seconds, but to Taehyug it was like centuires. „Are you saying the truth?“ Seokjin voice sounded. Taehyung nodded. Seokjin let go of Taehyung's hand, but the detective stayed at his spot. „Taehyung, I am not denying that I don't have feelings for you too.“ Seokjin said. He couldn't see how Taehyung bit his lip. „I think it might be love.“ Seokjin came closer to Tae. „I would be pleased if we...started dating.“ It felt like stone falling from his chest. Taehyung finally turned. „Do you mean it?“ He asked. Seokjin nodded. Taehyung smiled and put his hands on Seokjin's wide shoulders. „I think we might share a proper kiss now.“ He looked Seokjin into eyes. The doctor smiled and he slowly locked their lips in a firts kiss. They pulled away after a while, but left their faces close to each other's. They were just staring to each other's eyes until Taehyung, being himself ruined the moment.

„But I want to be the top!“