The End of Our Lies

100 Days With Mr. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 100 Days With Mr. Jung

 

Author’s Note:

Sorry guys but I lost my tablet pen, which means I can’t draw any pictures. Hopefully I can find it LOL. And maybe later on I’ll draw the scenes once I find it!!! I know I didn’t update for a month, but now I will spam you to make up for this so we can finally get this over with!!!!!!!!!!!

 

 

 

“Oh my god, I am so NOT going to graduate high school! And I’m not going to get a good university!” I cried, as I pushed the textbook away from my reach.

 

“Come on Jaejoong, it’s not that hard…” Yunho said, taking the textbook.

 

 

Me and Yunho were at a cafe, studying for my college entrance exam. It was in two weeks, yet I’m  still hopeless. Why did I waste my time doing other things when I had all the time in the world? I mean, it didn’t even hit me that it was the college entrance exam until everyone started freaking about it in class. Even Changwook was cooped up in the library.

 

“How do you know?” I asked, crossing my arms.

 

“See…it’s uh,” Yunho said, putting the tip of the pencil to his lips. “It’s…”

 

“I thought you were a smart CEO or whatever, aren’t you supposed to know these math problems?!” I cried.

 

“Jaejoong. I have accountants and final advisors…do you think I would do all of this myself?”

 

“Then…how did you enter Seoul University?”

 

“You know my mom and her connections,” Yunho stated. “And I studied abroad before coming to Seoul University….so it was kind of easier for me to get in.”

 

“Aish…if I only had money.”

 

“Sorry kid. My mom froze my bank account,” Yunho said, crossing his arms. “But…I think I sort of recognize this question.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah,” Yunho nodded. “Hye Kyo taught it to me.”

 

For the past weeks, Yunho and I pretended as if nothing happened. Between us, or the secret of Hye Kyo. But, it was also not a good idea, as I kept thinking about Yunho’s secret, and what it could possibly be. He made it seem like a secret that could ruin the both of us. Instead of pestering him about the secret, I tried to keep my mind off of it, as I continued to treat Yunho like a good friend of mine.

 

But my stupid feelings continued to grow for him, as I kept thinking about our stupid kiss. It wasn’t even a kiss, but a slight peck. I wanted to do more. I wanted to hug him, and hold his hands. But Yunho was my sister’s man. I couldn’t simply take him away from her, even if she wasn’t in this world anymore. And besides. I’m just a boy. An 18 year old boy with no clue of what to do in this world. He was older…way older. He had a purpose in this world. I didn’t.

 

 

 

 

“Hey Jaejoong, did you get what I was saying?” Yunho asked, as he tapped my shoulder.

 

“Huh?”

 

“Jaejoong….did you even pay attention?”

 

“I totally did,” I said.

 

“Then what did I just do?” Yunho asked.

 

“Um,” I said, pulling the notebook closer to my sight. “You…factored these numbers then you…multiplied it?”

 

“Aish…” Yunho said, leaning back in his seat. “You’re hopeless. You’re totally hopeless…”

 

 

It was already nine o’clock. The cafe was already in the process of closing, as the employees put up the chairs and wiped the tables. My eyes were almost half-shut, as all the energy in my brain drained into this stupid math question I was doing. Well, at least Yunho and I had history, and literature covered. It was just math that I REALLY hated. I mean, what was the point of math? It’s just a bunch of numbers and letters and division signs. It’s not like I was going to use it in the real world? I mean, who uses calculus to buy a house? NO ONE.

 

“Let’s go Jaejoong,” Yunho said. “Your parents must be worried.”

 

“They’re probably more worried about Changwook more than me,” “I scoffed, as I pushed the chair in the table.

 

 

Me and Yunho headed out, as I felt the cold air through my bones. Time went by so fast. I mean, it was summer-ish? When I met Yunho, and now it was autumn, going into winter.

 

“Why didn’t you bring a proper jacket?” Yunho asked, as he tugged onto my hoodie.

 

“It’s warm enough,” I said, running down my palms onto my arms.

 

“Yeah right,” Yunho said.

 

The next thing I know, his warm mustard-colored jacket is draped on me, looking a little too big for my body as it fit me like a cape.

 

“How about you?” I asked, eyeing his blouse. “You look cold.”

 

“I’m not cold,” Yunho muttered.

 

“You sure?”

 

“Yup…” Yunho said. He reached out his hands, and made its way into my palms. “Just as long as I have your hand.”

 

It took me quite some time to process the fact that Yunho made another move towards me. It’s not like I hated it. But, I couldn’t let it get to me, knowing that our relationship could possibly change for the worst. Being the reckless person, never have I ever felt so hesitant in my life.

 

“What am I going to do now?” I muttered.

 

“What do you mean?” Yunho asked.

 

 

“There’s a strange feeling…” I said. “It’s killing me.”

 

“I’m no doctor,” Yunho said, as we continued to walk. “But where’s that strange feeling happening?”

 

“In here,” I said, pointing to my chest.

 

“Oh no….” Yunho said, shaking his head. “That is bad.”

 

“It is?”

 

“That means you’re falling for me…aren’t you?” Yunho asked.

 

“It…it does,” I said, eyeing the ground. “But Yunho…”

 

“What is it?”

 

I pulled my hand away. “Isn’t it better just to stay….”

 

“To stay?”

 

“To stay friends,” I said.

 

“You’re right…” Yunho replied, parting his hands away.

 

“I’m sorry,” I sighed.

 

“It’s okay…I know it’s a bit sudden,” Yunho said.

 

“I’m glad you understand…” I said, rubbing the back of my neck.

 

“What time is it?”

 

“Nine fourty five,” I said. “Why?”

 

“Do you want to go to the karoke room?” Yunho asked.

 

“But…” I said. “I have to be home by 10…”

 

“Don’t worry,” Yunho smiled. “I’ll call them for you….they trust me right?”

 

“I…I guess,” I muttered.

 

“Let’s go Jaejoong-ah.” Yunho said, walking two steps ahead of me.

 

 

 

 

“What should we sing?” Yunho asked.

 

“Your choice,” I said, munching on some chips. “I don’t want anything sappy though.”

 

After ten minutes of walking, Yunho and I had finally found a noraebang, which was located next to an ice cream shop. To be honest, I was quite nervous. To me, this all seemed like a date, with the dark room, the leathery couches, and and the weird disco light spinning at the ceiling.

 

“Should I sing something sappy then?” Yunho asked, going through all of the songs with the remote.

 

“What?!”

 

“Haha, just joking,” Yunho said, picking up the microphone. “But…I will sing first…okay?”

 

“Okay,” I nodded. “Hey…that song’s in English! How am I supposed to understand it?”

 

“You can search up the translations when you get home,” Yunho said. “Are you ready?”

 

“Well…I don’t really know if I’m ready for you to sing a song.”

 

Judging from my limited English alphabet reading skills, the song that Yunho was going to be sing is called; ‘Say that You Love me’ by MYMP. Wait. I think I’ve heard this song before. I saw it in a dating show once. Was he going to sing a sappy English song?

 

“Don’t you know that I want to be more than just your friend?”

 

Huh? What did that mean? Well, that didn’t matter. Because Yunho was singing in full passion, as his eyes were on me. I mindlessly swayed my head, as the sound of a guitar strumming echoed throughout the walls. Wow, this song was really pretty. I feel like I’m being hypnotized or something. Like I’m walking on the path to heaven.

 

 

Holding hands is fine
But I've got better things on my mind
You know it could happen
If you'd only see me in a different light
Baby when we finally get together
You will see that I was right

 

Suddenly, Yunho’s stance changed, as it got to the chorus.

 

“Say that you love me….”

 

He was now singing in Korean.

 

Oh god. Did he said that…he wanted me to say that I loved him? He was looking at me, and only at me. Somehow, the song held more meaning to it, as the lyrics started to make sense. The jitters in my chest got worse, as Yunho stepped closer to me, slowly crossing the line between us.

 

You know that it could be nice (could be nice)
If you'll only say you love me (say you love me)
And don't treat me like I was ice, hoh

 

“What do you think of it?” Yunho asked.

 

“Huh?” I questioned.

 

“The song…” Yunho said, placing down his microphone.

 

The song wasn’t finished yet, as lyrics continued to appear on the screen. I couldn’t see Yunho’s face very well, as a dark shadow cast upon him. Kim Jaejoong, you fool! You can’t fall for Yunho. Not like this, not in this room, where the lights are dark and the music is loud. You’re barely graduated. You cannot simply just jump on him, even if your body wants to!

 

“It’s good,” I said, gulping down the water bottle I just opened.

 

“You sure?” Yunho asked, sitting beside. “I wasn’t out of tune or anything like that?”

 

“N….no,” I said, scooting away from him. “You were great.”

 

“You better not be lying Kim Jaejoong!”

 

“Aish you’re so annoying,” I said, nudging his arm. “I said…you were good okay?”

 

“Why don’t you sing?”

 

“Huh?” I asked, widening my eyes. “Are you crazy!?”

 

“Why not?” Yunho asked.

 

“Well because,” I said, rubbing the back of my neck. “I’m not the best singer out there okay?”

 

“I heard you sing once,” Yunho said. “You were good.”

 

“I don’t know if you’re just being nice, or if you’re being sarcastic.”

 

“Oh come on Jaejoong,” Yunho said, ruffling my hair. “Just one song?”

 

“F…fine.” I sighed, picking up the microphone. “Just one song…and…and we’re going home okay?!”

 

I picked up the book, and the remote, and began to look through a list of songs. Most of the songs were overly happy, and some of them were just plain sad. I wasn’t in the mood for singing a happy song, but I also didn’t want to sing a depressing song, especially at this time of year. Then I found something.

 

‘IU Through The Night’.

 

It was a song that matched my current situation.

 

“IU?” Yunho asked.

 

“Yup,” I said, standing up.

 

I grabbed the microphone, and placed myself across Yunho, as I stood next the T.V screen. I didn’t need to read the lyrics, since I knew the words by heart.

 

Tonight, I’ll send you the firefly from that day

To your window

That means that I love you

 

I remember our first kiss

Every time, I close my eyes

And it takes me away to the farthest place

 

Like the words written in the sand

Where the waves are

I’m afraid you’ll disappear

So I always miss you

I can’t take out

All these words in my heart

But this means that I love you

 

And before I knew it, tears started to well up in Yunho’s eyes, like a cloud streaming its first rainfall.

 

I didn’t know why he was crying. But, I also didn’t want to ask.

 

So I continued to stand, and watch him from across the table, as if nothing had happened.

 

 

 

For some reason, school went by really fast, as if there was not enough time in the world. I went through all eight subjects, in just a blink of an eye. And surprisingly, I did not sleep through any of my lessons, which was quite an accomplishment. Luckily, it was 3:28. Two minutes left until the bell would ring.

 

“Okay class,” Mrs. Choi said, tapping her books against the podium. “I know you’re all…a bit jittery for the upcoming college entrance exam.”

 

Suddenly, everybody went quiet.

 

“I know the adults in this country pressure you guys a lot regarding this exam….” she continued. “Which causes a lot of students to feel that they their lives depend on it.”

 

“...”

 

“And it’s true,” Mrs. Choi said. “This exam is very important.”

 

“...”

 

“But…if you don’t do as well as you think…please don’t beat yourself up over it? Okay? It’s not the end of the world.”

 

“...”

 

“If you fail…there’s always next year. And the year after that. Even if it takes you two…three…or even five tries…it’s not the end.”

 

“...”

 

“Make sure…you all eat well, and get lots of sleep at the start of the exam. Okay?”

 

“Yes!” the students all cried at the same time.

 

Suddenly the bell rang. Like a bunch of hopping grasshoppers, everybody rushed out of their seats, wanting to get out as fast as they could.

 

“Slow down!”

 

I wasn’t that stupid enough to join their little ruckus, as I slowly came up behind them, waiting for the door to clear up.

 

 

 

“Hey Jaejoong…can I talk to you?”

 

 

Dang it. I was ten steps away from escaping my classroom. Why did you have to call me now? I know I’m a trouble maker. I know I at studying. Every teacher that I had said the same thing about me at every parent teacher. It was the same old thing. What could my teacher possibly want now?

 

“Wh…what is it?” I asked, stepping back.

 

“I want to talk to you about your paper.”

 

“Wh…what?” I croaked.

 

Oh no. I worked so damn hard on that paper. I swear if I got an ‘F’ I will start a fire in this building! Does she know how much nights I’ve spent trying to type that thing? I even had to open a dictionary just to get the right words down.

 

“I just wanted to say,” she said. “That you’ve been improving a lot….in your studies.”

 

“Wh…what?” I gasped.

 

I couldn’t believe it. Was I dreaming?

 

“Re…really?” I asked.

 

“Judging from the recent tests, your math and science scores have improved drastically,” she said, flipping through a stack of papers. “I’m proud of you. Really.”

 

“Well….uh, thanks….” I said.

 

“I’m glad that you’re starting to take your studies seriously,” my teacher said, grinning.

 

“Well…it’s not like I have a choice,” I muttered.

 

“Keep up the good work Jaejoong-ssi,” she said, raising her Harry Potter glasses.

 

“Th…thank you…” I said, bowing.

 

“And…” she said. “Good luck on your exam.”

 

For the first time in my life, the teacher didn’t talk to me because of something bad that I did. But for something good. Which felt quite refreshing. Maybe if I keep this streak of mine, I could end up in the honor roll and make my parents proud. I should probably call Yunho and thank him for teaching me the stuff that I needed to know. I mean, who knew that I would ever improve in school?

 

Suddenly, the phone rang. I fished for my cellphone in my jacket pockets, and held it to my eyes. It was Yunho.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Jaejoong-ah.”

 

“Ah…what’s up?” I asked.

 

“I invited your parents to have dinner at my house.”

 

“Your…your house?” I blurted out. “And…how did you ask my parents?”

 

“I went over to their restaurant…and it’s doing quite well….”

 

“...”

 

“And by the way,” Yunho continued. It’s not the same house that you’re used to...”

 

“What do you mean?” I questioned.

 

“Remember? My mom kicked me out of the house…”

 

“Oh yeah,” I said. “Where are you staying now?”

 

“At Ji Cheol’s house.”

 

“Oh right…I forgot,” I said. “Anyways…will Ji Cheol be there too?”

 

“Yup…he’s helping me with the…uh cooking,” Yunho chuckled.

 

“Well…we can’t really trust you with that.”

 

“...”

 

“So what time should we come?” Jaejoong asked.

 

“At around 6 PM…”

 

“Okay…we’ll be there,” I said. “By the way…”

 

“What is it?” Yunho questioned.

 

Should I tell him now? Or should I wait when I actually see him in person? I mean, I guess it’s not the same to tell good news over the phone compared to when you actually tell someone face to face.

 

“Never mind…” I sighed. “I’ll tell you later.”

 

“Okay,” Yunho said. “Anyways…see you.”

 

“See you too.”

 

I put my phone away in my pocket, and looked at the window ahead of me. It was a nice and sunny day. But unlike other days, this day seemed shorter than the others, as if it was too good to last.

 

 

 

Apparently, Yunho had sent my family an address to his new place, as we all sat in one car, driving towards that place. I was quite nervous. I mean, Yunho was supposed to be my friend. And my family already knows him, so why was I so anxious?

 

Yunho’s house was located at a very steep hill. My appa had a hard time pressing on the pedal, since the land was so hard to drive on. My mom had to keep holding the handle, and my sister kept holding onto my arm, as we went up. Not going to lie, I was kind of screaming. I mean it felt like a roller coaster going up. But, I didn’t want to scream in front of my whole family, so I kept my screams all to myself.

 

 

 

 

 

“Is this the right address?” my appa asked.

 

“I think it is,” my mom said, as she slammed the door.

 

“Let’s knock in then,” my appa replied, as he headed towards the fence.

 

Not going to lie, the house was kind of cute. It had a modern architecture, with a flat roof and a smooth looking wall. There was a small tree placed in the lawn, and rocks leading to the door.

 

“Wow…is this Yunho-oppa’s house?” Yoo Jung asked. “It’s so nice.”

 

“Who said that you could call him oppa?” I asked, arching my brow.

 

“I did,” Yoojung grinned.

 

“Aish…” I said, crossing my arm.

 

“Jaejoong-ah,” my mom said, opening the trunk. “Hold this kimchi for me.”

 

“Wow mom…how much did you have to make?!” I cried, as she passed me the heavy container.

 

Damn it was really heavy. Heavy enough to drag my arms to the ground and through the soil..

 

“Enough for him to last a whole month,” my mom said, shutting the trunk. “He really liked it.”

 

“Aish…my arms will be big as captain America by the time I get this to the door,” I groaned.

 

“Good…you’re a bit too skinny you know?” Changwook asked, patting my shoulder.

 

“At least open the gate for me!” I cried.

 

“Here,” Changwook asked, unlatching the gate.

 

I hoisted the container to my chest, as I changed the way I held it. Damn I think my veins are going to pop out of my skin. Hurry Yunho. Just open the damn door. I do not want to hold this thing.

 

“Hello.”

 

My heart almost jumped out of my chest, as Ji Cheol appeared in front of the door. He had a pink apron, and a blue dress shirt underneath. Like always, his hair was parted at the middle, perfectly jelled and combed.

 

“Are…we at the wrong house?” my mother asked. “I mean…I thought Yunho lived in an suite…but he gave us this address instead…”

 

“Oh no!” Ji Cheol cried, fully opening the door. “I’m Jung Yunho’s roomate…or…hyung! Hyung yes I am his hyung. We’ve been expecting you.”

 

“Wow…he has handsome friends…” my mother gasped.

 

“Hold…this….” I croaked.

 

“Oh! Right!” Ji Cheol exclaimed, running over to me. “Please go in…we’re in the middle of cooking dinner.”

 

“Wow…” my appa said, as he took off his shoes. “Your house is quite nice.”

 

“Thank you,” Ji Cheol said. “I cleaned it until every speck of dirt was gone.”

 

“Even the floors look slippery with how much they’re shining,” Changwook remarked.

 

I’m not going to lie, but this house was very nice indeed. It looked like those interior design magazine sort of houses, but with a homey feel to it. The living room and the dining room where all in the same place, making us feel less suffocated. The floors were dark and wooden. And the walls had a nice mint color. The couches were grey, mixed with beige pillows. Nothing was too cluttered, as everything had its spot.

 

“Feel free to sit down,” Ji Cheol said, fluffing the pillows. “We will have your dinner for you in a moment.”

 

“Do you need any help?” my mother asked.

 

“No, it’s fine…” Ji Cheol smiled.

 

“Wow….your T.V….is so nice,” my appa said, putting his hands over the screen. “I can see every pore of that actress’s face.”

 

“Yahhhhhh!” my mom cried. “Don’t touch their T.V!”

 

“It’s okay,” Ji Cheol chuckled. “And…just feel free to watch T.V…or anything like that. We have enough people in the kitchen.”

 

“If that’s fine with you then….kids, let’s sit down…” my mother said, gesturing Changwook and Yoojung, who were too busy looking at the art work on the wall.

 

“I’ll help in the kitchen,” I said.

 

“If that’s what you want,” Ji Cheol smiled.

 

“Your house is clean as hell,” I remarked.

 

“Well…I’ve been a butler for quite some time. What w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter