Good Day

100 Days With Mr. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: I drew pics! yay. And they didn't take me that long compared to last time. lol. 

 

 

Oh my god. Why is my mother here, and how the hell does she know I'm even here, in Yunho's house? This place is like thirty stories high, how the heck is she supposed to know the exact room that Yunho lives in?! Aish, this is driving me nuts! 

"Where is Jaejoong?" she repeats. 

My fate is up to Yunho. If he says that I'm here, then I'm truly dead. But if he says I'm not here, then I'm still going to be dead since my mom's not the type to give up. 

"Um," Yunho croaked. 

Quick. How am I going to make my mom leave? Should I run into another room? In search of a plan, I dig through my pockets. To my luck, I find my smartphone. But wait. Why do I only have one phone? I usually have my flip phone with me. Desperate for an escape, I dial Yunho's number. 

The sudden dialing of the phone causes Yunho to stop midsentence, much to my convience. 

"Um, I have a call...." 

"Where is my son?!" 

Oh gosh...

"Just let me answer this phone call first," Yunho muttered. 

From the kitchen, I sighted my omma's not-so-pleasant body language, as she crossed her arms. 

"Hello?" Yunho asked. 

"Tell her that I'm not-"

"Ahju-..." Yunho's voice breaks. "Yah Jaejoong-ah!" 

Oh . 

"Um...ummm, it's not Jaejoong, it's....it's the pizza delivery man," I said, lowering my tone. Obviously this is not going to work. 

"Yah Jaejoong-ah! You little rascal! I know it's you! So stop pretending, and come out of the kitchen counter...will ya?!" 

"How....how...do you know I'm under the kitchen counter?" I croaked. 

"How does a mother not know her own son? Even though I can't see you right now, I know your habits when you get into trouble!" 

. AIsh! How emberassing! I can't believe Yunho is here to witness all of this! He's not going to let me hear the end of this! For the rest of my life, this moment will be stuck in his memory! 

"Do I have to drag you out?" my mother cried. 

This time she was not on the phone. But she was legitmately yelling at me from the door. 

I heaved a deep, fat sigh and crept out of the kitchen counter. Reluctantly, I stepped towards the foye with a heavy frown on my face. 

"Yah Kim Jaejoong!" 

Her voice was loud enough for the whole neighborhood to hear. 

"Omma...." I croaked. 

My mom took off her sandal, and grabbed my by the wrist. 

"Owwwww!!!!!!!!" I cried. 

God, my mother may seem  weak, but she can hit hard! I'm going to need some ointment when I get home. Getting spanked by your mother is more emberassing than getting punched by the biggest, fattest bully from school. 

"That's going to leave a scar!" I whined, rubbing my but. 

"Where were you ALL NIGHT?!!! I've been trying to call YOU!!!" My mom cried. 

My ears are on the verge of bleeding. 

"Omo...omoni," Yunho said, taking a gentle hold of her shoulder. 

"OMONI?!!!!!" my mom yelled, flaring her nostrills. "You! Why is an old man like you with my son?!!!!!! Late at night?! Alone at-" 

"I'm....his tutor," Yunho cut in. 

"Tu....tutor?!" my mom cried, raising her eyebrows. 

Oh my god. TUTOR? Is that going to work on my mother? Let's wait and see. Will she burst? Or will she keep going at it until the end? Let's see who wins this game. 

"Y...yes," Yunho nodded. "Ri...right Jaejoong...ssi?" 

"Um...yes! He's...my math tutor!" 

"Math tutor," my mom said, narrowing her eyes. "Are you sure?" 

"And science tutor!" Yunho added. 

Wait, what science tutor? Why does he keep adding oil to the fire? 

"Then why wasn't he answering my callls when I tried to call him?" my mother questioned. 

"Be...because! We wanted to concentrate," Yunho said. "I advised him to turn off his phone." 

"But wait...." my mother said, tilting her head to the side. "How is he your tutor if I didn't even hire him?" 

"I...well...um, we bumped into each other!" Yunho cried. 

Should I just let Yunho do the lying? 

"And I....offered to help him with his math homework, since he seemed to be struggling with his work," Yunho finished. 

"Hmmm interesting," my mother nodded. 

 

I don't know if the word 'interesting' is good or bad in my mother's book. There's usually multiple meanings with that word. Usually, she uses it when she's negociating it with the ahjumma from the fish market to get octopus half price. Or...when she's doubting someone. 

"He went to Seoul University!" I cried. 

My mother's eyes GREW twice its size. 

"S...Seoul Univeristy?!" my mother blurted out. 

"Y...yup," Yunho gritted. 

"He does investment banking!" I continued. 

Yunho darted me a glare. I smirked. 

"In...investment banking?" my mother said, batting her eyes. "I heard you can earn...100,000,000 million won a year with that job....." 

"Y...yup,"  Yunho nodded. "Investment banking...." 

"And...YOU'RE HELPING MY SON?" my mother asked, grinning. 

"Y...yes, I am...." 

"Wow. Seoul University Graduate. 180 CM in height, resides at this big hotel, Investment banker, and is friends with my son? What do you lack?" my mother asked. 

My mother looked ELATED. At least I had a talent in lying. 

"He lacks absolutely nothing," I said, shaking my head. 

"Ha, ha, ha, I'm not really comfortable with bragging about myself," Yunho said, scratching his head. 

"But..." my mother said, glancing to the side. "Even if you're an investment banker. It's 10:45 PM. Which means it's past Jaejoongie's bed time. Doesn't matter if you're the president of South Korea, or Kang Daniel....give my son back to me." 

Of course. My mother needs to keep her pride. She's not the type to give up. 

"Whatever you say omoni," Yunho said, bowing. 

"Jaejoong-ah," my mom said, reeling me to her side. "Let's go." 

"Y...yes omoni," I sighed. 

"Goodnight. Sorry if my son bothered you," my mother said. 

"Ha, it's not a problem. Really," Yunho croaked. 

"Have dinner with us some time, okay?" 

"Yes," Yunho said, nodding. 

"Let's go Jaejoongie," my mother said, tightening her grip on my wrist. 

"Aish omma, loosen your grip!" I cried. 

Yunho closed the door, leaving me and my dragon of a mother alone to fend for ourselves. . Now I'm truly scared. Yunho's not in front of her. She has no front, nor mask to hide behind. 

"O...omonI!" 

Both Yunho and I turned around. There Yunho was, with the box of cigarettes in his hand. Oh my god, what is he planning to do? Unexpectedly, Yunho lowers himself, facing his knees on the ground. 

"I'm sorry...." 

"Wh...what are you doing?" my mother croaked. 

"Jaejoong wasn't the one who smoked the cigarettes. They don't belong to them either. It was me. Please don't punish him....." 
****

 

I stared at the window, as the taxi continued to roll. My omma was right beside me, giving me the silent treatment. Pop music played in the background. Currently, we passed two clothing stores, five gas stations, and one convience store. 

"Omma..." 

"What?" 

My mom's eyes were like darts. 

"Um..." I said, scratching my head. "How...how did you know where I was?" 

My mother heaved a sigh, and pulled out an object. Taking a closer look of it, I realize it's my red flip phone. 

"I checked your texts on this phone..." my omma said, waving it in front of my face. 

"Oh." 

Jeez. I should have a key for my things. I can't rely my mother to ever respect my privacy, even if her life depended on it. I doubt my mother can read half the texts on the screen, due to me and Yunho's immensive 'text' slang, that's ineligible for the average middle aged parent. 

"That Yunho kid...." my mother said, shutting the phone. "Looks familiar." 

"H...Huh?" I bursted. "F...familiar?" 

"I feel like....I've seen this Yunho person before." 

"Aigoo...omma...." I said. "Maybe you're just hallucinating..." 

"Don't talk for the rest of the ride," my mom cut in. "I'm still mad at you." 

Aish. My mom's too much. 

"Fine...." I sighed. 

****

 

 

 

It's been two hours since I've left Yunho's house. Right now, I'm in bed, staring at the black ceiling. Today's been a roller coaster.  For some reason, my heart won't stop beating. Well of course it can't stop beating, or else I'll die. But. I've been feeling more alive than usual. There was a memory in the back of my head, that I could not stop thinking about.

"Changwook-ah...." I said. 

"Wh......what?" Changwook asked. 

"You're still awake?" I asked, rolling over. 

I leaned my head over the top bunk, and hovered my head into the bottom bunk. A white light projected on Changwook's face, as he held his phone up high. The bastard is still awake. I rolled back to my previous position. 

"What does it mean if your heart beats really fast?" I asked. 

"Why? Is your heart beating faster than usual?" 

"Yup," I said. 

"Um....I don't know." 

"How the hell do you not know?" I asked. 

"Maybe....you just ate too samgyeopsal." 

"What?" I asked. 

"Isn't samgyeopsal high in choresterol?" 

"Aish! Whatever!" I cried, rolling my back to the wall. "You're no help!" :

"Goodnight." 

"Whatever," I replied. 

I guess, I'm alone in this ship called 'unrequited' love, because I swear, no one in this family knows anything! Don't worry. It'll sink. I hope.

**

Five hours into school, and I'm already tired. Gosh. Why does time go by so slow when you're doing boring things? Right now, I'm in Korean Literature. And I just want to go home and eat and play Overwatch. I don't know if Yunho will be bugging me today, and I surely hope he's not going to. I've had enough of him yesterday. 

"Okay kids. I'm going to assign you a paper." 

The whole class groaned, with mine being the loudest. A paper? We already have enough stuff to do, and now we have to do homework? Aren't the teachers being a little too much? I already have math homework, then I gotta memorize the periodic table of elements. 

"Don't be too sad. I promise you. It's gonna be a fun homework assignment." 

"How is homework fun?" Junsu whined. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter