Keeping Up With The Kims

100 Days With Mr. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Keeping Up With The Kims [/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]


"Di...dinner?????" I burst out. "Mom, I don't think that's a good idea. Like at all." 

"Why not?" Yunho asked. 

"Well um..." I said, scratching my head. 

Should I say it in front my mom? Do you think she'll shoot my head off for bashing my family? No. I should just keep it to myself. 

"You...you're..." I stammered. 

"I am what?" Yunho asked. 

"AIGOO Jaejoong," my mom said, nudging my shoulder. "Why are you trying to stop Yunho from eating with us?" 

"W..well..." I croaked. "Never mind." 

"Great!" my mom cried. "Just let me get cleaned up, and I will go with you guys!" 

"Ahjumma," Yunho said. "Do...do you need any help?" 

"H..help?" my mom asked, her eyes widening. "No Yunho-yah. Stay put. Help yourself to a chair." 

"Yunho...yah?" I muttered. What's with the sudden drop of formality? 

"Sure," Yunho nodded, sitting on one of the ghetto plastic chairs. 

"I'll...I'll help!" I cried, running over to my mom. "Yunho...you just...um, stay there. Changwook, you keep him company!" 

"Sure thing," Yunho grinned. 

I picked up the rest of the plates off the table, and walked into my omma's kitchen. It was a tiny kitchen, with barely enough space to fit both of us. There were piles of garlic peels, and carrot slices on the cutting board. Along with unused dumpling skins. 

"Aigoo, where's the part timer that works here?" I asked. 

"I let her leave early," my mom sighed, as she the tap. 

"Hmm," I said. "Maybe you'll need her for overtime tomorrow." 

"What do you mean?" my mom asked. "There's barely anyone that comes...I think I'll have to lay her-" 

"Aigoo Omma!" I cried, as I lifted my eyes away from the plate. "Don't say that." 

The expression on my mother's face changed, as she looked up with me with hope glittering in her eyes. 

"Your right Jaejoong-ah." 

"Huh?" 

"I should stay positive."

"You should," I said, wiping my forehead. "And...there's Yunho to help us." 

"How will he help us though?" my mom asked, arching her eyebrows. 

"You'll...you'll see..." 

"I trust you...son," my mom said, smiling. 

**
"Wow Hyung! Your phone is so fast, it plays all the games in high definition!" Changwook cried. 

"Yup," Yunho said. "You want this phone?" 

"Wait...really?!" Changwook asked, holding out his hand. 

"No, no, no," I said, sprinting over to Changwook's side. "You are NOT going to have Yunho's phone." 

"Aw, why not hyung?" Changwook pouted, crossing his arms. "He was offering it to me." 

"It's okay Jaejoong," Yunho said, standing up. "I have another model of this." 

"A...another model?" Changwook croaked. "But...that is the most expensive phone in the market...and you're saying, you have two of those phones?" 

"What do you expect," I said, nudging Changwook's shoulder. "He's rich, of course he's going to have two of those phones." 

"Okay!" my mom cried, as she shut off the lights in the kitchen. "I am ready!" 

"Let's go!" Yunho cried, standing up from his chair. "Changwook, you sure you don't want my phone?" 

"Uh. I don't really trust myself with it," Changwook said, looking at me with a sad puppy face. 

"Yeah, he's clumsy and he breaks stuff," I said. 

"Hey! You're-" 

"Okay no fighting boys!" my mom cried, coming in between of us. "Let's go!" 

Changwook put the last chair up on the table, while my mother flipped the open sign. I turned off the last set of lights. Yunho pushed the door open for us. We walked forwards, heading towards the road. There was a big , blue truck hogging all the space in the parking spot. 

"What is this?" my mom asked. 

"It's...a food truck," Yunho replied. 

"Foo...food truck?" my mom questioned, widening her eyes. "For...for what?!" 

"For you," Yunho said. 

"Fo...for me?" my mom asked, batting her eyes. 

"Yup," I said. 

"But...but," my mom stammered, unable to contain herself. "Is...is it really mine?" 

"It's for the whole family apparently," I stated. "Get in." 

"It's my gift for you," Yunho said. 

"What did I do to deserve this?" my mom questioned, gaping open. "Are you sure this isn't a prank?" 

"It's not a prank!" I cried, jumping. "It's...it's real! It's really for you!" 

"Jaejoong hyung is right," Changwook pouted. 

"It better be for me," my mom said, gliding her fingers over the exterior of the truck. "Because...this is...just..." 

"You can take your dumplings anywhere now," Yunho smiled. 

"Is this the business plan you were talking about?" my mom asked, placing her hands on her hips. 

"Well...part of it," Yunho said. "I'll tell you more...once we go to dinner." 

"Let's go!" I cried, opening the door for my mom. 

"Thank you," my mother said, hopping in the passanger seat. "But Jaejoong-ah...where will you sit? There's only room for 2 people, and it's not like you can drive." 

"Me and Changwook will sit at the back of the truck...where all the food is," I replied. "Yunho will drive." 

"I mean I can drive," my mom offered. 

"No omoni," Yunho said, as he got into the drivers seat. "It's totally fine. I'll keep you company." 

"Oh, what a gentleman," my mom giggled. 

"See you omma!" I said, closing my mom's door. 

Hopefully I could trust my mother in Yunho's hands. Actually, our whole family was in his hands. If this whole dumpling business works out, then we don't have to sell the restaurant. And, we'll get to keep this cool looking truck. For once, I was actually thankful for Yunho. But, knowing Yunho, there had to be a catch. What could that catch be? 

**

We let Yunho and Changwoom tag behind us, as me and my mother walked together, hand in hand. I know it's kind of emberassing having your mother hold your hand, but I had no choice. She's kind of in a good mood today. 

"You should make more friends like Yunho..." my mom whispered, pulling me closer. 

"You see mom," I said, rubbing the back of my neck. "It's kind of hard to make friends like Yunho. It only happens once in a blue moon." 

"Yunho's rich," my mom whispered. "He will probably introduce you to more of his rich friends! Then...we'll be rich too!" 

"Omma!" I hissed. "He's not that sort of person...and we're not that sort of people..." 

"Aigoo, I was only joking..." my mom said, turning over her shoulder. "But...not going to lie, he's very handsome~" 

"Of course he is," I said, rolling my eyes. 

My mother let go of my arm, and unlocked the door with her keys. For some reason, I was quite emberassed of our current residence. I mean, Yunho has never been here before! He probably thinks it's a shack compared to his real home. Gosh, why did he agree to having dinner? And why did my mother bother to ask? I seriously want to die. 

I seriously hope my appa is not clipping his toenails in the living room. And I SERIOUSLY hope Yoo Jung is not dancing to Exo on full blast in her room. I hope the house is clean, and doesn't smell like kimchi. God. Please be nice to me. 

"Here's our house!" my mom cried, as if it was an episode of MTV Cribs. 

"Wow," Yunho grinned, as he stepped in. "It's nice. Very quaint." 

Oh. Quaint. Isn't that what rich people say when they're trying to be nice? When they step into the world of the poor? Of course, what he's trying to say is that our house is 'small' and 'ugly' compared to his big suite. 

Thankfully the place looks clean. It seems that no one has eaten yet. My dad, nor Yoojung is nowhere in sight. Yoojung is probably walking home from Hagwon. 

"Let me prepare dinner," my mom said. 

"You better not prepare those gigantic kimbaps," I muttered. 

"Don't worry...Yunho is much better than that." 

"Where's Jaejoong's room?" Yunho asked. "I've always been curious of where he sleeps." 

"My...my room?" I asked, blinking hard. 

I went over to Changwook. "Yo...did you clean our bedroom?" 

"I ...I think I did," Changwook said, tilitng his head to the right. "But...why is it a big deal? Isn't he just your hyung?" 

"He's not just any hyung," I hissed. "He's a rich hyung..." 

"Follow me," Changwook said to Yunho. "I have Starcraft on my computer. Maybe we can play together." 

"No!" I cried. 

My mom, and Changwook both turned around. 

"Why not?" My mom asked. "I just laundried the wet bed sheets in your room." 

"Your wet bedsheets?" Yunho asked. 

Oh my god, why did my mom just reveal that? Is she crazy???

"Oh, Jaejoong has a habit of wett-" 

"Ah! Omma," I cried, holding her arm. "I think it's time to go to the kitchen." 

"Oops, I wasn't supposed to say that," my mom said, placing her fingers on her lips. 

I slammed my palm onto my forehead. 

"Why don't you just go into the living room? While I go change out of my school uniform?" I suggested. 

"Good idea. Make him watch a drama," Changwook said. "I'll lead him there." 

"You go do that," I hissed. "Don't tell him anything emberassing." 

"Don't worry," Changwook smirked. "I won't." 

God this family is so emberassing. I mean it's just ten seconds into the house, and they're already saying some weird stuff. OR wait. Maybe it's me being weird. No way! I've been the most sane one out of everybody else! 

I sprinted over to my room. Thank god. It's clean. No sight of Changwook's drawings, nor my sweaty socks. Of course. It was laundry day yesterday. AKA when I got busted for having a pack of Malboros in my pocket. Thank god my mom is over that. 

What am I going to wear? I have to look good for Yunho. Wait, did I just say that I have to look good for Yunho? Um, no that's not what I said. What I meant was that I wanted to look presentable. You know, so I don't look like a sweaty mess. 

I yanked my closet door open, and went through a hoard of clothes. God, why am I so insecure? Is this how girls feel when they go on dates? But I'm a guy. I'm not supposed to feel like this! Oh wait. Maybe I am supposed to, but my lack of common sense just prevented me from doing so. There's so much colors. God what am I going to wear? Why do I never pay attention to my mom whenever we go shopping together? I can't find anything that's my style! 

"Jaejoong-ah, you look so good in pastels!" 

Pastel. I need to wear pastel. But wait, that's my mom complimenting me. Would I look too girlish in pastel? Ah, I can't decide! You know what? I can't let Yunho wait for too long. Changwook might say somehting absolutely emberassing, and I'll never hear the end of it when me and Yunho are alone. 

Out of all the clothes, I chose the salmon coloured sweater, and put it over my head. Okay. Not bad. It's not like there's collars or anything that will make me look too formal. I think I look fine, right? 

Completing the rest of my outfit, I wore my skinniest jeans. Then, I went over to the mirror and took a good look at myself. Okay. So I look a bit tired. I mean, who could blame me? I was dancing to IU's Good Day in the heat. Who wouldn't be tired? But, my cheeks do look a little red. Oh gosh. 

"I look fine enough," I muttered, kicking my dirty clothes underneath the bed. 

I opened the door to the hallway, and rushed over to the living room. There was Yunho and Changwook; playing video games. 

Yunho's sleeves were pushed back, and Changwook was sitting cross legged. Grand Theft Auto was on the screen. Now I really want to play. 

"Yo," I said, plopping myself onto the couch. "Can I play?" 

"Not right now," Changwook said, narrowing his eyes to the TV screen. "I'm focusing." 

"Fine then," I said, crossing my arm. "Don't forget who the best player is." 

"God, it's been a while since I've played video games," Yunho said, pressing vigorously on the controller. 

"Having fun there?" I asked, arching my brows. 

"A lot," Yunho said. 

I can't believe the man that I used to hate, Jung Yunho is at my house, in my living room, sitting on MY couch, playing VIDEO GAMES with MY twin brother. This seems like a dream. Oh, and he's eating dinner here. How great is that? Not very. I'm very opposed to this. 

"I'm home!" 

My father's house rattles the whole house. I get up from the couch, making sure he's not going to do anything emberassing. 

"Be right back!" I cried. 

My appa looks real tired, as he takes off his shoes, with his eyes heavy. 

"What is up with that huge truck in our parking lot?!" my dad asked, as he loosened his tie. "I had a hard time parking because of that big honker!" 

"Oh...honey you'r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter