Coincidence

100 Days With Mr. Jung
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] Coincidence[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]

Chapter 17:

Author's Note: I made a mistake on the last chapter....Jaejoong's dad asked if Yunho's dad was a college student, but the actual lie was that Yunho was an investment banker (even though his real job is being an heir to a huge hotel)....oooops!!!! Sorry!! I changed it though.

 

Although this place seems familiar, it felt different. I was in my room. But, at the same time...my room was not how I imagined it to be. On top of my legs was a soft, football printed blanket. And on the floor, were a bunch of stuffed animals. My arms were shorter than I had expected them to be, as they barely reached my toes.

"Jae Jae Hyung!!!!"

The door opened, as a little boy with black hair, that looked exactly like the younger me ran, with a transformers action figure in one hand.

"Ch...Changwook?"

Heol. My voice was higher than usual. What is the meaning of this?

"Yah Kim Jaejoong!!!!"

A girl followed Changwook, soon standing behind him. Her hands were on her hips. It was a girl I haven't seen in years. A girl I missed. She was dressed in a school uniform. Her hair was black and reached up to her shoulders.

"N...nooona?" I squeaked.

"Wake up!! You're going to be late for school!"

I didn't know whether to tear up or not. My heart swelled at the sight of my sister. There she was, in the flesh. And not in a coffin. She was there, standing, breathing, waiting for me.

"Noo...noona..." I whimpered.

"Yah...are you crying Kim Jaejoong?" My noona asked, stepping closer to the bunk bed. "Look at Changwook, he's ready..."

"..."

"If you're not going to get down," my noona said, reaching her arms. "Then I'll get you down myself."

My noona picked me up, as I felt her strength on my sides. Soon, she set me down. Wow. I was short. Even Changwook was slightly taller than me. Was I this young when I last saw her alive?

"You're seven years old but I still have to carry you down...aigoo I'm going to have a broken back because of you..."

"..."

"Aigoo...you have crust all over your eyes..." Hye Kyo pouted. "I'm going to get a wash cloth...you go dress youself, okay?"

"Okay...noona."

Hye Kyo Noona left the room. This dream can't end yet without me saying my last goodbye to her. I had to be a good little brother for her. My clothes were already laid out. Was it mom who did that? No way. She usually stayed out late in the mandu shop back when it was still busy. It must've been Hye Kyo noona.

AH. I haven't seen my duck shirt in a long time. But now, it was right in front of me, ironed and smoothly laid out. I quickly changed, and yanked my socks up to my ankles.

"Wow Jae Jae," my noona said, crouching down. "You changed fast..."

"Nooo...noona..."

"Yah...how much eye crust do you put out...you have so much," she said, furrowing her eyebrows.

The cloth felt warm against my skin, as she dabbed it gently. Back when my noona was still alive, I used to kick and scream whenever she did this. But now, I stayed still. I didn't want her out of my sight, regardless of it being a dream or not.

"That's better...." Hye-Kyo said, smiling. "Now go eat...omma made egg rolls."

"Yayyyy egg rolls!!!" Changwook cheered, as he jumped up and down.

"Noona...."

Before my noona had the chance to get up, I stumbled into her arms, and gave her the biggest hug I could.

"Yah Jae Jae," my sister croaked, as she placed her palms on the back of my head. "What's wrong? Why are you being like this?"

"Noona...don't ever leave..."

"Huh?"

"Don't leave..." I whimpered, burying my face into her shoulder.

"Yah Kim Jaejoong," she said, slowly pulling away. "I'll never leave you...do you understand?"

I nodded, even know I knew what the future held.

She stood up, and soon drew her hand out.

"Let's go...we're going to be late," she said.

I took her hand, as she took me and Changwook towards the dining room. Her hands were smooth, just like the way I remembered them. Our dining room was still the same like it was now. Or maybe my mind was mixing the past with the present. The table was still made out of wood, and shaped like a rectangle. The floors were still in tiles. Pictures of my family hung on the walls. But, the living room was slightly different. The couch was frumpy and brown, unlike the black leather one we had now. And the T.V was still shaped like a big old box.


"Aigoo, finally Jaejoong's up!" my mom cried, as she walked towards us with a big bowl of rice.

My omma definitely looked younger. She had short hair, and less wrinkles. Her eyes were bigger. But, even in the present she was still pretty.

"O...oppppppaaaaa!!!"

There was Yoojung, in her baby chair, flailing her arms. She was cuter than how I remembered her to be. Her cheeks were plump, and her skin was super pale, making her look like an overfilled dumpling.

My appa sat beside her, wearing his baseball cap and shirt, as he mushed the contents within a small plate. He used to do that back when Yoojung was a three year old, at the time when she couldn't chew big chunks of food.

I sat in the middle chair, just like I always did. Changwook sat beside me. Hye Kyo sat two chairs from me.

"Yah...Changwook-ah...let's switch spots," I said, tugging on his sleeve.

"Why?"

He was still the same. Even til now, he would question me with those big eyes of his.

"Because I wanna sit with noona..."

"No!" Changwook cried. "I wanna sit here!!"

"Yah...you two," my appa said, pointing his fingers at us. "No fighting."

"No ....fwaiting..." Yoojung repeated.

"Jae Jae has been acting so sweet for the past morning," Hye Kyo stated.

"Maybe he needs money," my mom said, placing a plate of egg rolls right in front of me.

"Ha, I knew he was acting a little strange!" Hye Kyo giggled. "Sorry Jae Jae, I don't have any money!"

"I don't want any money!" I cried.

This family wasn't going to take me seriously, especially with how little I am right now. At least Yoojung wasn't old enough to sass me. She was just there in her high chair, eating boiled carrots and seaweed soup.

"Wow omma," Hye Kyo said, eating the egg rolls. "This is so good."

Ever since my noona died, my omma only cooked egg rolls on a special occassion. Would they taste good in my dream? But right now, I didn't have the appetite to eat. I just wanted to talk to my noona.

"Oh and omma...can you pack an extra lunch box?" Hye Kyo asked.

"Why?"

"I'm going to give one to my friend..."

"Really?" my appa asked. "For what reason?"

"He...passed his test today, and I helped him study...so I wanted to give him a reward."

"Okay, I have extra food anyways," my omma said, nodding.

Ah I remember. For some strange reason, my sister always asked my omma to make an extra lunch box for whenever her friend did something good. I didn't know why she did that, especially when I didn't do that to my own friends. She was too nice for her own good.

"And when he aces his college entrance test," my appa said. "Are you gonna make your omma cook a whole buffet for him?"

"Why not?" my noona asked. "It would be a blessing if he did."

"..."

"Oh by the way, I might be late going home today..."

"Again?" my appa asked.

"Yeah...I have to...uh, stay in the library for a while..." she croaked, looking down at her plate.

"Sounds good to me. Just be home before 9 okay?" my omma asked.

"Don't worry, I will."

"Oh," Noona said, turning towards me. "It's Changwook and Jaejoong's birthday tomorrow!"

"You're right!" my omma cried, clapping her fingers together. "AIGOO, our kids are growing up so fast..."

"Aiyoo, I still remember when your omma gave birth to Jaejoong and Changwook!" my appa cried. "Jaejoong's head was so big, your omma was having a hard time!"

"Yah appa! That's gross, I don't want to hear that!" my noona exclaimed.

Suddenly the sky darkened, and the food from the table was all gone. Now, I was on the couch, watching a dubbed version of Backyardigans. Changwook was on the ground, drawing a cow on the coffee table. My omma was cooking something in the kitchen. And my appa was reading some magazine on the other couch. I looked at the wall clock. It was 9:05 PM.

"Hye Kyo has been staying out too late for the past days," my appa croaked. "Do you think...she's having dates?"

"Dates!" my mom scoffed. "Are you crazy...our daughter is busy studying for the college entrance exam...she said she would be at the library..."

"I'm just worried..." my appa said, putting his magazine down. "She's also asking you to pack extra lunches...do you think it's for her boyfriend?"

"Boyfriend?! As if!!" my mom cackled. ".I told her she's not allowed to date until she's 25..."

Suddenly, the phone rang. My stomach turned, as my appa got up from the couch. I hope it was anybody but the police. It can't be the police....

To my fear, the T.V suddenly flashed to the news screen, showing the clip of a collapsed structure.

"BREAKING NEWS... JUNG EMPIRE DEPARTMENT STORE HAS COLLAPSED. 5 HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED DEAD. OTHERS ARE STILL TRAPPED."

"Omo...Jung EMPIRE...." my omma stammered, as she stood at the screen.

"Hello?" my appa asked. "Y...yes...this is...Kim Hye Kyo's daughter..."

Just like how I remembered it, my omma turned to my appa. My appa stood still, like a statue, with all the color from his skin draining. A second later, the phone fell from his hands, as it thudded on the ground.

"Yeo...Yeobo..." my omma croaked. "Wh...what's wrong..."

Not a muscle moved in my appa's face, as he continued to stare at the ground.

"H...Hye...Kyo...she...she's in the hospital..."

**

The sun leaked through my sockets, as the morning greeted me. My whole body was shaking. It's been ten years, yet I still have these dreams. Gosh, should I just go to some voodoo master to get rid of the bad spirits within me? I hate these dreams. I just want them to go away.

Gosh. It's going to be a sad day.

There's a reason why I hate my birthday. First, it takes place after the day of my sister's death, which means all the attention doesn't go on me, but on her. Second, my birthday is the same day as Changwook's, which means we have to split the cake, and not get our own, which is totally stupid and unfair!

Maybe I should go to school early today. Oh wait. It's Saturday. There's no school today. Dang it. Well, I don't want to hang around here. My whole family's going to be sappy, and I'm not here for that.

I'll probably go to the PC Bang, then eat some really good ddeokbokki...ah, I already got the whole day planned. But wait. The dumpling restaurant has been really busy these days, especially with that new truck and that recipe that Yunho implemented. Maybe I should help my mom and dad. Hm. Priorities, priorities. 

Oh no, my 'flipphone' is ringing. I think it's underneath my pillow somewhere. Aish, where did I put it? I swear, I don't even use it, so how could I get it lost?

Oh right...I was waiting for Yunho's text. Last night, when I was pondering on whether or not I should tell him that tonight's not a good day for his little 'gala'. I procrastinated texting him that since last week, and I don't know why! I'm so dumb. I mean, I can't really blame myself. I had to do my 'Role Model' homework, which took me five days to write! 

Found it! It's underneath my stuffed gorilla. I picked it up, and immediately put it to my ear.

"H...hello?!"

"Jaejoong-ah."

"Oh...um, hi...hi Yunho...I mean hyung."

"You sound like you just woke up," Yunho remarked.

"Um...really?" I asked, raising the pitch of my voice. "No...I was just uh, doing stuff."

"Do you remember? It's the big day today!"

"Oh..right, big day..." I said, biting my lips. "Can't forget about that."

Did he not get my text? AIsh, I probably fell asleep when I was supposed to press the send button last night. Hm. I can't tell him that I can't go. He would be real mad! But then, my sister. My family's going to KILL me if I don't celeberate her anniversary. Aish. I'm really conflicted. Why is my life so hard?

"Remember to meet me at the coffee shop," Yunho said.

"Yup."

"I'll get Ji Cheol to pick you up, so you guys can go to the salon together and...you know shop."

"Yes...I get it," I groaned.

"I'll meet you in front of the coffee shop...at around three pm."

"But wait Yunho..." I croaked, batting my eyes. "Uh, I have something important with my family...you see, I kinda need to get home before 8...will....will that be okay with you?"

"Sure. As long as you stay there for at least an hour you'll be fine."

"Really?!" I cried. "Th...thanks Yunho..."

"By the way," Yunho said. "You sound a little...nervous."

My heart stopped.

"Ner...nervous? Why the heck would I be nervous? Of course I'm not nervous..."

Suddenly a big cough escaped my mouth. A real one.

"Jaejoong-ah! Are you okay?!"

"Yeah, totally fine...." I said, glancing at the clock. "Listen Yunho, I gotta go..."

"Okay. Bye," Yunho said. "See ya later."

"See ya."

I quickly hung up on the phone, then threw it at my stuffed gorilla. Gosh why am I so STUPID? I sounded like an empty-headed monkey! Why am I sounding....so nervous? Why am I so timid whenever I talk to him now? I mean, we haven't spoken in a week because of school and all, but still! I'm Kim Jaejoong, rough, and honest. How could I turn into a softie in less than three months? Am I sick? Do I have a fever? Am I going to die like those people from the dramas? No. I can't be.

"Hey mom," I said, as I entered the kitchen of the restaurant.

These days, business was booming. Compared to last month, there was definitely more customers. And because of what Yunho told my parents at the dinner, my appa forces me to wear that stupid little dumpling costume and dance around town in order to gather customers. I mean, it's torture for me but hey, it works. And appa gives me extra money for doing it.

"Jaejoong...you're up early..."

"Of course I am," I said, putting on my apron. "I'm here to help you."

"You? Helping?" my omma asked, narrowing her eyes. "On...a Saturday morning? Are you sure you're my son and not a clone?"

"Omma!" I cried. "Don't you trust me?"

"I do, I do," my mom said, nudging my shoulder. "Go help me with the dough then."

"I'm off to it!" I cried. "Where's appa by the way?"

"Oh," my omma grinned. "He's delivering dumplings right now.."

"With that truck?" I asked.

"Yup," my omma said.

"Oh right..." I said, as I washed my hands underneath the tap. "I have to ask you something."

"What is it?"

"Uh...." I said, glancing around the room. "I...have...somewhere to go today...is that okay?"

My omma stopped rolling the dough, and lifted her eyes towards my gaze.

"Why are you asking? Don't you usually just go?" my mom asked.

"Well..." I said, rubbing my elbow.

"Oh right..." my mom sighed. "Well...I guess, just...be back at our house by seven....okay?"

"Se..seven?" I croaked.

"Yes. No later than that, because we're going to have dinner...then we're going to visit your sister."

"I got it."

**

Wow. It's only five minutues away from 1:30, and Ji Cheol's already parked outside my house.

I mean, I kinda look gross right now since I've been working since seven, but at least I'll be getting some kind of makeover, right? Well...a girly makeover, but whatever. At least I'll have my hair washed.

"Hey sabonim," I said, opening the car.

"Just call me Jicheol...ssi," he said. "Goblin.

"Why?" I asked, hopping into the seat. "Goblin?"

This ahjussi is sure crazy.

"Because," he said. "A lot of people are saying I look like Gong Yoo from Goblin."

"They...they do?" I asked, tilting my head to the side.

"Don't you see the resemblance?" Ji Cheol asked, as he turned away from the steering wall.

"No," I said, shaking my head. "Not at all."

"You're a blind boy," he stated, as he pressed on the gas pedal.

"Where are we going first?" I asked.

"The salon. I already have the dress at the back seat, so we don't have to worry about shopping."

"Thank god," I said, leaning my head back. "You know how tiring it is to shop?"

"Yup...because of my girlfriend."

"You have a girlfriend?!" I cried, raising my back from the seat.

"Well..." Ji Cheol said, smirking. "I got her number."

"I thought you were dating already," I said, crossing my arms. "Lame."

"Hey!" Ji Cheol cried. "We had a few coffee dates...so I consider her as my girlfriend..."

"Does she consider you as her boyfriend?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Well....I still have to garner the courage of asking her out..." he said.

"Do it ahjussi....so then Yunho can marry you off...and you can have nice babies...."

"You're already jumping to children?" he chuckled.

"Yeah...it would cute...to see you as a father," I remarked.

"It would be," Ji Cheol said, smiling.

**

We finally arrived at the salon. I hope I don't have to wait long just to get my damn appointment. I remember what happened last time with those girls who gossiped about me, and that did not go very well.

"Hi," the receptionist said, looking up at me.

"I'm Kim Jaekyung...I'm here an appointment for..."

I looked at Ji Cheol. He lifted two fingers.

"Oh...I'm here for 2 o'clock," I stated.

"Okay. We have you checked in. Just go sit over there at those leather couches."

"Okay," I sighed.

Oh great...there's more girls over there. Are they gonna judge me again and tell me how flatchested I am? Gosh. I'll just cover my face with a magazine or somehting.

"Oh my god...I can't wait for this appointment to be done...my stomach hurts like hell..."

"Are you on your period right now?"

"Hey, I can't just say that in public!"

"Well, it's not like anyone else is listening."

"Yeah, I do...I'm bleeding a red ocean right now!"

Don't listen to them Jaejoong. I'm going to read this magazine, and read about...idols. A lot of them. Wow. What happened to journalism these days? It's just a whole book of idols.. Kang Daniel, Byun Baekhyun, Shim Changmin...Shim Changmin? Oh like him. Wow. He looks great in his new photoshoot. He's so tan. So tall.

"Omo...there's a Pann post going around that Jung Yunho has a new girlfriend."

What...what are these girls saying?! Girlfriend?! Who could it be? Are they crazy?

"Her name is Kim Jaekyung...she is rumored to be..new money. Her brother's business blew up and now she's super rich and worthy enough to be with Jung Yunho..."

WHAT? Did Kim Jaekyung even say she had a brother? I think not! What are these girls saying? Just a bunch of nonsense! I can't fight with them. Nope. I'm going to keep myself calm.

Wait. WHere's Ji Cheol? Isn't he supposed to be sitting with me right now?

Maybe I should go to the bathroom. That's a better place to be. Do you think they have uni bathrooms? Hope so. I stood up from the leather couch, plopped the magazine to the table, and went into the hallway. Wait. I hear something.

I go closer to the doors leading to the bathroom. Two voices come to my awareness.

"Omo Ji Cheol-ssi...you...you got me a gift?"

"Yup."

"Wow, you're one of the nicest guy friends I've ever had!"

I inched closer to the wall, as I made the decision to eavesdrop. As I got a better look, Ji Cheol and that girl who did my hair were standing at the corner of the wall. What...what was her name again? Hyo Ji? Ji Hyo? Hyo Jin? Anyways...she had orange hair. That's all I remembered.

"So...you wanna go on another....coffee...coffee meeting?" Ji Cheol asked.

He's so awkward.

"Sure! I'll be done work at seven."

"Great..." Ji Cheol said, putting his thumb up.

"At the usual?" Hyo Jin asked.

"Near the hotel," Ji Cheol said.

Near..the hotel?! Wait. Is this a friends with benefits relationship. Wait. I'm too young to know that. My mind has been tainted! Maybe...maybe the coffee shop was just really close to a hotel. There's probably nothing else to it. Get your head straight Jaejoong.

"Jaekyung-ah!"

"Oh...hi..." I said.

How did they find me? I swear, I was just hiding behind some wall, pillar thing. Oh...the floors are shiny. Darn it. They probably saw my reflection, and bam.

"You guys know each other?" I asked, scrunching my eyebrows.

"Well...actually," Ji Cheol said, softly giggling. "Two weeks ago..when you got your hair done here, I left my wallet by accident...so then Hyo Jin chased after me....and now we're sort of friends?"

"Ah," I said, nodding.

"He's such a nice guy. You're so lucky to have him as your..." Hyo Jin said, gritting her teeth. She seemed to forget what the relationship between me and Ji Cheol was.

"Cousin! She's my cousin!!" Ji Cheol cried, snapping his fingers.

"Right..cousin," she said, belting out a laugh.

"..."

"Anyways," Hyo Jin said. "I finished my other client's hair...so I guess it's your turn now Jaekyung!"


"Actually," Ji Cheol said. "Can we get

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter