Chapter 6 “Pain and Sacrifice”

Eternal Five

Chapter 6 “Pain and Sacrifice”



“Hyung deul, guess what I got!” the maknae spoke excitedly as he jumped into the practice room.

“You won a lottery?” Junsu guessed.

“Or did you get a girlfriend?” Yoochun asked in his Casanova tone.

“No!” Changmin shook his head like he’s going to choke out, the maknae just couldn’t help but blushed whenever he thought of girlfriend these days. The reason? He didn’t know, he’s just too innocent.

“OK, just tell us Min…” the leadersshi finally spoke.

“The director of ‘Come to Play’, ‘Star Golden Bell’, and ‘Star King’ called us to be the guest for their TV Show! Imagine that!” Changmin spoke as he jumped excitedly, the others later followed as they hugged and jumped like some bunch of kiddos, despite the fact they just trained for more than three hours.

“That’s cool! It’s been ages since I’m in TV Show!” Chunnie cheered.

“Yeah, cool!” Jaejoong agreed as he laughed his famous laugh.

The five men decided to continue their training after celebrating the moment they had, but then a question struck Yunho’s mind.

“Wait, but what their purpose for inviting us?” Yunho asked.

“They said, they’re going to help us promoting our concert because they’re also happy for our comeback after long time!” Changmin spoke with his excited tone.

“But…” suddenly, the oldest one spoke,” We can’t use the name ‘DongBangShinKi’ anymore…”

It’s bitter, but that’s the truth. DongBangShinKi was claimed by their former company and they could never use the name if they didn’t have the permission. That’s why there’s no DongBangShinKi at their concert title.

“Well, that’s true, but that won’t stop us right?” Yoochun spoke.

“Of course, we can use our own name like JaeChunSuHoMin!” Junsu suggested, but of course the others opposed the stupid name; they needed cooler and manlier and unique name. After thinking for a few minutes, nothing came out. The name DongBangShinKi couldn’t change with anything after all.

“DongBang…ShinKi…” the five of them mumbled. Jaejoong sighed, but he managed to say,” We’ll think about this later and find the way out together, OK? How about call it a day and have some meal?”

The other nodded. They wiped their sweat as they went into the changing room.

“Hyung, you still have it too,” Yoochun spoke as he pointed to Jaejoong’s back, right on the word ‘TVfXQ Soul’.

“Of course, it’s permanent, I told you,” Jae said,” Just like yours right?”

“Yeah,” Yoochun nodded as he showed up his tattoos on his lower back,” I wish we can still be called TVXQ…”

Bitter-sweet smile carved on both of their lips, they felt not that good, but not bad either.

“We’ll get through this OK?” Jaejoong spoke. Yoochun nodded as both of them joined the other three inside the shower room. They cleaned themselves and then decided to have dinner at one of their favorite restaurant, this time was Chinese one.

“I miss dumpling already!” the food-eater-maknae spoke excitedly as five of them heading to the restaurant. During the journey, they passed the building they used to go every day, their training building at their former company. The five men didn’t know what they felt, it’s just mixed up.

---


“Yaaa! You guys, stop throwing my things!” Jaejoong hissed as he got the drunken leadersshi on the couch and tried to stop YooSuMin breaking his furniture.

“Sojuuuuu!!!” Junsu shouted as he passed out on the floor, he managed to lean on the wall and went down slowly.

“Aigooo!” the older one hissed once again as he got all of the drunk four men into the couch. Jaejoong couldn’t believe it, all of them (except him) were drunken like-some-alcoholic-maniac after been drinking for almost one hour at the Chinese restaurant.

Jaejoong sighed as he decided to take Junsu and Changmin to his guest room; they would have to stay for the night after all. No way, he would let them go home in this situation.

Like old time, he covered his dongsaeng with warm blanket and turned off the light. Jaejoong went near the window and closed it; he made sure it’s warm enough to keep two of them slept well.

“Dong Bang…Shin…Ki…” the maknae managed to mumbled the name in his sleep. This caught the curiosity of the oldest one; Jae went closer to Changmin as he asked,” What are you mumbling about?”

“I…miss…being…Dong Bang…Shin…Ki…” the man answered unconsciously. Jaejoong felt the guilty once again at that time, he smiled bitterly as he whispered softly to the maknae’s earlap,” I’ll make us DongBangShinKi again…I promise…”

After finishing his business at the guest room, Jaejoong went back to living room and got Yunho into his room. Not forget the drunken composer, Jaejoong got Yoochun up from the kitchen floor (somehow Yoochun ended up there) and took him to his room too.

He just realized someone had to sleep on the couch that night. Without any choice, Jae took his thickest blanket and went outside after he made sure all of s slept well.

Making his territory just like a cute puppy, Jae jumped into the comfy couch; he was so glad he brought the expensive yet luxurious couch at that time. Smile carved on his lips even though he had to sleep on the couch. He felt like old times, when he could take care of his entire member like his own child.

“Good night, guys…” he spoke as he closed his eyes. Yet, he thought deeply about his next plan.

---


Headache, pain in his tummy, and thirsty were the one he felt when he woke up. Rubbing his eyes and still yawning, he managed to look at his watch, it’s just passed two. Deciding to ignore his needs, he closed his eyes again. Just when he’s about to go to his dreamland once again, sudden noise surprised him.

“What’s that?” he mumbled as he got up. He looked around and realized he wasn’t in his own bedroom, and Yunho was right beside him.

“Jaejoong’s room?” he asked himself as he got out, decided to check what the noise was.

He took his step heavily until he reached the living room. Red mirror shattered all over the floor shocked him; he rushed into the couch and discovered his hyung struggling on the floor; like he was in so much pain.

“Jaejoong hyung!” he managed to call the name as he went beside him, hugging him, asking what’s wrong. Yet, dried groan from the pain was the only one escaped from his hyung’s mouth.

“Hyung! What’s wrong?!” he asked once again.

“I’m fine, Chun…! Just headache…Bad headache…” Jae spoke as he’s still in pain. Chun took quick reflect, he got Jaejoong up on the couch as he was going to call for the others, yet, a grasp prevented him.

“Don’t!” Jae begged,” I’m fine, just headache…Don’t wake them…I’m fine…”

“But hyung…!” Yoochun was so worried.

“I’m fine…Chunnie…”Jaejoong said as the pain began to leave him,” Just…just stay with me…”

Yoochun couldn’t have a heart to leave his hyung like that. He told him he would be there. Jaejoong nodded weakly as his hand still grasped tightly on Yoochun’s arm. 

“Chun…nie…” Jae mumbled as felt Yoochun’s soft finger played with his hair. He missed those so-perfect-piano-fingers.

“I’m here,” Yoochun reassured, he didn’t know what happened, but it didn’t matter. Making Jae comfortable and safe from the pain were the only things on his messy mind. 

Couldn’t help the liquor’s effect, Yoochun closed his eyes as he leaned on the couch, hand still connected to Jae’s. Both of the drafted to their deep slumber as they made sure both of them were together.

---


“Sir, we got important meeting about Asia Song Festival this year right at 8 o’clock…” a man with tuxedos spoke.

“I know, let’s go there now...” the boss spoke as he told his driver to depart, but the car stopped immediately when a man stood right in front of it. The guard kept telling the man to move, yet, the man didn’t move even an inch.

“Who’s he? What does he want?” the boss asked. Later on, he couldn’t believe what he saw.

“Stop!” the boss spoke as he went outside the car, giving order to the securities to let the man go.

“Are you OK?” the boss asked as he helped the man stood up,” What are you doing here, Jaejoong ah?”

“Hyung…Please, I need to talk, just ten, no, five minutes!” Jaejoong spoke as he tried to catch his breath.

“But, Jae, I need to go now…” the boss spoke.

“Please…” Jaejoong couldn’t think of another way. At that very moment, he didn’t care about his pride anymore. The only thing he could think of was s; he prepared to do anything to make what they wanted came true.

“Jae!!!” the old man hissed shockingly as he saw the man in front of him bent his knees.

“Please…I need to talk…Please…Soo Man hyung…!!!”

Couldn’t bear the sight in front of him, he managed to catch his former star before the star managed to bend down all his body right flat to the floor.

“OK! OK, let’s go inside!”

---


“Wake up, sleephead!” a high pitch voice echoed. He opened his eyes and discovered himself sleeping on the couch. He asked himself, was last night a dream?

“Why is hyung spacing out? Still feel dizzy?” the maknae asked.

“Here, it might help,” Yunho gave a glass of water to the man.

“Thanks,” Yoochun spoke,” Where’s Jaejoong hyung?”

“Hmm, hyung left a messag