Chapter 20 “Eternal Five”

Eternal Five

Chapter 20 “Eternal Five”



The sky was light yellow and the cloud was shining gold. Wind flew and danced around them. The bird sang beautifully as the sun rose from Far East. The scene was the best one since they’re viewing from the top of a mountain, a place where ‘he’ used to go almost every sunrise.

A year has passed but the memories of certain ‘he’ was still fresh in their heart, mind, and soul. ‘He’ never could be erased from their life; ‘he’ was everything in their life but when they reliazed that, it was too late. 

‘His’ warmness whenever the others were feeling down or hurt, ‘his’ smile that brigtened their day and gave them light during the night, ‘his’ touch that made them feel secure, his ‘word’ that encouraged them, his’ everything’ that carved clearly in their entire life.

But now, ‘his’ warmness was gone, ‘his’ smile was no more, ‘his’ touch couldn’t be felt anymore, ‘his’ word was dead, ‘his’ everything wasn’t there with them anymore.

Tears had fallen enough, they thought. No matter how much they shedded, they knew they couldn’t rewind the past. Like people said, no used to cry over spilt milk.

[FLASHBACK]

“Annyounghaseyo~ DongBangShinKi imnida!”

“Jaejoong imnida!”

“Yunho imnida!”

“Changmin imnida!”

“Yoochun imnida!”

“Jun---“

“Now, now, we’re here today to greet all of our fans that will attend our fan meeting! How are you all? Are you ready?!” Jaejoong spoke loudly.

“Yaaa! I haven’t introduce myself,” Junsu whinned like a small kid.

“I might be the maknae but Junsu hyung is always the one who gets teased,” Changmin commented.

“Changmin is scary when he’s mad,” Yoochun stated the truth.

“That’s what maknae should be doing in a group! The maknae can’t always be the one who’s teased,” Changmin grinned.

“Yaa! We’re supposed to greet our fans here, not complaining about who’s getting teased,” Yunho reminded.

“Opps, sorry…I guess, we need a re-take?” Jaejoong suggested with a smile.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

“Hyung, I miss your teasing,” Junsu spoke as he put the roses down, above the big stone,” My soccer team didn’t win this season but I’ll surely win the next time…”

“I seriously miss you cooking,” the maknae spoke as his eyes blinking in tears, but he didn’t cry,” Do you know I’ve been eating everything intants until last month? Now, I hire my own chef though…”

“Hyung ah, I’ve been writing songs again,” Yoochun smiled softly,” It all has been about you…Your warmness, your everything.”

“Jae,” Yunho finally spoke,” I and Changmin also managed to form a new idol group and made their debut this year. We’re trying our best here; I hope you’re just fine up there…”

The wind blew away, like a message, caressed their body softly. It was like answering their hope.

“Now, let’s start it!” Junsu said as he took out things from a huge bag they prepared.

“Hyung! We’re going to have our breakfast like usual here, OK?” Changmin declared. It has been a tradition whenever they’re missing their beloved hyung, they would throw a party-like meal in front of the tombs.

[FLASHBACK]

“Lalalaa~~~” Jaejoong hummed as he made dinner. That day was a holiday for them and most of them slept all day. But for Jaejoong, he couldn’t help but looking forward to make a good and healty meal for s.

“Umma…what’re you cooking? It seems nice,” Yunho asked playfully as he still rubbing his eyes.

“Your favorite stew and many other things,” Jaejoong cheered.

“EHH?” 

“Sssshhh!” Jaejoong reminded,” I don’t want Changmin to be awake now. Not until I finished cooking or he’ll make a mess…”

“Alright, got it Umma,” Yunho whispered,” So is there anything Appa could help?”

“Well, you can take the finished dishes into the table,” Jaejoong spoke.

Yunho did as he had been told and soon the finest banquet was finished by the Umma and Appa of Dong Bang household. Yunho went to wake up their ‘sons’ and all of them ate together, just like a family.

“Dissss isss soo deliciouss!” Changmin spoke as he put more things into his mouth.

“Eat slowly, Minnie ah,” Junsu reminded.

“I cann’tt help ittt!”

The others ended up laughing. Yoochun, who’s still half sleeping, ate slowly as he spoke,” I wish the time could stop…”

“Ehh? Why?” Yunho confused.

“Well, because I want all of us to be able to laugh like this forever, I want to be with all of you for the rest of my life. My world changes after I met you all,” Yoochun spoke his feeling clearly.

“But that would be boring,” Jaejoong commented,” I mean we should flow with the time, Yoochun ah. With that we can learn new things about each other. Being together doesn’t mean always be beside the one we love. Being together is about how our heart keeps our faith and the one we love no matter how far we’re separated…”

The others became silent as they’re shocked that their ‘Umma’ could think of such phylosopy.

“What?” Jaejoong was left confused.

“Hyung, you talked like Zhuge Liang just now,” Changmin commented.

“Who?!” the rest confused.

“It’s one of the China three kingdom history characters…err, never mind,” Changmin said as he continued eating. The rest just let it go and all of them busy with their food.

[END OF FLASHBACK]

“I’m full!!!” Changmin declared as he finished the last drop of the meals.

“You’re eating like an elephant…” Junsu commented.

“Eh? That’s good right?!” Yoochun smiled as he took Changmin nearer to Jaejoong’s tomb,” Hyung whenever you wanna see the elephant that you like the most, you can see our Minnie here!”

“Hahahahahaha…” Yunho and Junsu ended up laughing.

The atmosphere wasn’t gloomy anymore; it’s brightened as they threw jokes to each other. They ended up spending the whole day there, playing games and fooling around. Besides, that night, there would be meteor rain and that place was the best place to see it.

“Hey, it’s almost started,” Yunho reminded.

“I know! But this elephant wouldn’t stop eating our supper!” Junsu and Yoochun complained as they finally managed to take the maknae out of the car, where they kept their last meal.

Yunho shook his head as he help YooSu controlled the food-eater Minnie. They ended up seating on the matt, waiting for the show to start.

Suddenly, a bright light flew away on the sky and then disappeared. Another one did the same.

“Wow! It started!” Yoochun cheered.

“It’s so beautiful!” Junsu commented.

“Truuueeee…” Changmin who’s busy with his own snack spoke.

Yunho smiled as he looked into the others’ happy face. It had been a long time since all of them could laugh like that.

In his heart, Yunho silently prayed for God to give his message to Jaejoong, Yunho said,” Jaejoong ah…We might not be side by side now, but you’ll always inside our heart…We’ll be ‘Eternal Five’…”




-THE END-