Chapter 4 “Reunion Party”

Eternal Five

Chapter 4 “Reunion Party”



“I’m sorry we’re late!” Yunho spoke as he and Changmin sat on the remaining seats.

“Something came up…Sorry…” the maknae said.

“It’s OK, we just arrived anyway,” Junsu gave a convincing smile as he ate his favorite natto in the can.

“Still natto-man like always huh?” Yoochun teased as Junsu smacked him softly. The atmosphere got better when Jaejoong came back with the grand sashimi dish.

“Wow!” Changmin cheered.

“That’s huge!” Yunho added.

“Haha, yeah, I got us the biggest sashimi. Well then, itadakimasu!” Jaejoong said as the others followed. 

They’re in one of their favorite Japan restaurant. During their activity in DongBangShinKi, they used to go there often. 

It’d been almost one week after they made up and they met almost every day for lunch or dinner, just like today, having dinner together. They began to talk about this past year, how they spent their days regretting because they blamed each other and themselves. But it ended with Junsu’s gag that not even funny, yet, all of them laughed.

“Ehm, guys, how about we do something like reunion party?” Junsu suggested.

“That’s cool!” Yoochun agreed.

“Hm, well, I’ve big plan but…” Jaejoong stopped as he waited for the others’ reaction.

“What?” Yunho asked, he knew the oldest one always came up with weird, big, crazy, yet interesting plan.

“How about we hold a concert together once again?” Jaejoong finally spoke.

Silence was all he got; he knew the others were so surprised by his sudden suggestion. He decided to persuade more.

“I mean, I know we’re no longer what we were…We’re not DongBangShinKi anymore…Yet, I still want to hold a concert together with all of you…I want to sing once again in the stage and dance to the music as our fans cheer for us…I want to have this last concert as a memorial of our unity, umm, can I?” Jaejoong ended his long speech with a question, just like a small child begged for a candy.

“Um, Jae, that’s an interesting one, but…That’ll need a lot of preparation…” Yunho spoke logically.

“Beside we’ll need to arrange the stage, the people who work for the design, instrument, and many more…” Changmin added.

“I can take care of that,” Junsu spoke,” I have a friend that can help me with those stuff, the stage and place…And also the staff…”

“Well, but we need practice…” Yoochun said.

“Um…” Jae was pouting as he thought, the others realized Jaejoong didn’t change much after all. And all of them knew the oldest one really wanted this.

“We can practice at one of our studio, right Changmin?” Yunho finally spoke.

“Eh?...Yeah!” the maknae was shock that Yunho agreed with that crazy idea.

“Really? I mean, you guys really want to do that?” Jaejoong asked.

“Why not? I want to sing with five of us once again!” Junsu cheered, he missed singing already. He dared himself to sing when he got his friendships back.

“Same here, I want to meet our fans again, I heard they still have some charity and other activities until now to support us…” Yoochun said.

“Yeah, they’re amazing,” Changmin agreed,” I wish I can know and remember all of them…”

“Yaa~ You might be smart or genius, but you won’t be able to remember such a numbers of people!” Yunho teased.

“But I can try!” 

All of the laughed as the maknae shouted that he would prove that. Well, our Changmin just still innocent like always.

---


“Which one is better?” Junsu asked as he showed the black and dark blue color.

“It’s same basically; it won’t make change much when the light shines on them…” Yoochun commented.

“It will!” Junsu spoke,” Yaaa! Park Yoochun, you don’t help at all!”

“I help!” Yoochun protested,” I just don’t know which one better, that’s all…”

“You’re not helping…” Junsu said once again as he told his friend he would use the black one. After decided the background for their stage (Things sure were going fast, it’s just three days after the crazy plan of the concert started), they went to check the lighting and the audio system. YooSu couple was in charge of the stage.

Meanwhile, at a place where a young man sat on his comfy seat with his precious mac laptop, some clicking sounds could he heard.

“Hmm, I should share the news at more webs…” Changmin mumbled as he typed more news about their big event on the internet. He made some corner where the fans could buy the ticket online. They’re going to hold their concert at two places, first one was Seoul World Cup Stadium and the other one was Tokyo Dome. Pretty impressive huh?

Well, the world went crazy when the news of their concert went online, they just tried for the starter, but they got very good response from their fans.

As the three people busy there, Jaejoong and Yunho went to collect their choreography datas and song lyrics. It had been a long time for them since they danced and sang, they needed something for starter right?

“Jae,” Yunho called as both of the stuck in the traffic. They just back from Yunho’s house to collect what they wanted (Yunho managed to get it secretly when he went out from their former company).

“What?” 

“I’ve been thinking, about the title of our concert…Where did you get the inspiration?” Yunho asked.

“Well, since our fans called Cassiopeia and Cassiopeia are five stars, I came up with the name ‘The Comeback of Five Eternal Star’, hehe…Is there anything wrong with it?” Jae asked.

“No, of course not. I love the name it’s just…the sub-title ‘The Memorial Concert’, it’s kinda depressing though…and ironic I say…” Yunho spoke.

“Why?” Jaejoong asked.

“Because…it seems that it’s like our concert to remember something forever…Like it’ll be our last concert…” Yunho spoke, Jaejoong reminded silent.

“Hm, maybe I just thinking too much, don’t worry, I love it, OK?” Yunho ensured.

“OK…”

---


Things went fast and they finally managed to finish all the preparation after one week full-packed-schedule. All of them were exhausted because they all still had their works, but it’s worth it. The one left were only last check up and practice.

“Let’s get some drinks tonight!” Yoochun shouted with his messy-desperate-hair.

“Where?” Changmin asked.

“How about the nightclub that we used to go?” Yunho suggested.

“OK, that’s it! Yey~” Junsu cheered as he finally could get a few drinks. All of them had been lying for almost two hours on the comfy big bed in Jaejoong’s house. They’re all, once again, exhausted.

“Well, I think I would pass…” Jae spoke.

“EH?!” the four people gasped.

“Why? Oh, come on Jae, you don’t need to drink if you don’t want, just tag along, OK?” Yunho spoke.

“Come on, hyung~ I want five of us there~” Changmin persuaded more. Yoochun and Junsu also tried their best to convince Jae to come with them.

“Hm, alright…” Jaejoong really couldn’t refuse s’ offer.

---


Music hum reverberated through the air, making the glasses shaking on the table and the people dancing all around the dance floor. Few drinks already taken; four glasses of hard liqueur and one glass of soda.

“Jae, you sure you don’t want a drink?” Yunho asked.

“I’m sure!” Jaejoong spoke.

“I want to dance, come on!” the half drunk Junsu pulled Changmin and Yoochun with him to the dance floor. Changmin refused to go, but he couldn’t fight the dolphin hyung anyway. The three of them danced exactly along the rhythm. Despite the fact that the music was aloud and the space was tiny, they could dance very well, especially Junsu.

“Wow, Junsu did that!” Yunho pointed to the cool pose Junsu did in his ‘Xiahtic’ solo,” I can’t lose! I’ll show them ‘Checkmate’!”

Jaejoong smiled because he knew s had so much fun. He didn’t join them because he couldn’t stand the heat and the loud music already made his head hurt. 

Jaejoong decided to take another gulp of his soda, but then, his hand slipped as he felt the very severe pain on his head; it’s like his brain being torn apart. He tried to grasp for anything to lean, yet, all he got was he broke his glass.

The man tried to get up from his seat next to the bar, but the chair feet made the floor hit him. He hit his arm and he swore it’d be bruise. 

His sight blurred and all he knew was he’s losing his consciousness. The music was like hit him directly, how he wished he could go out from that place and hid from the loud noises, escaping from the pain.

“Jaejoong ah!!!”

“Hyung!”

All he heard was ruckus occurred and he totally lost the control of his own body and mind.