Chapter 3 “Upturn”

Eternal Five

Chapter 3 “Upturn”



“Anything will do,” Yoochun spoke as he leaned on the couch and the TV.

“Yaa~ since when I became your maid? Aigoo…” Jaejoong spoke as he went into the kitchen, making lunch for both of them.

“Since now,” Yoochun joked.

Yoochun didn’t watch the TV actually, he just needed something to distract him from the feelings; the feelings he got because he experienced much things today. In one side, he’s more than happy to meet Jaejoong again, but in the other side; he’s hurt badly because he couldn’t bear the fact that he still lost his two best friends, his brother, his family member. Even thought they didn’t related by blood, the things happened in the years they’re together, those memories, meant a lot for him, meant a lot for all of them.

The person in the kitchen didn’t feel that well either; his feeling was crushed when he realized he just hurt Yoochun more. He couldn’t stand the fact he made Yoochun cried once again.

Jaejoong cut the onions and washed the vegetable. He did it perfectly like always. He cooked the ingredient in the right temperature. He just needed to wait for another few minutes. Jaejoong decided to check on Yoochun, and so he went into the living room.

He found him; Yoochun was sleeping on the couch with the TV on. Jae smiled because he knew Yoochun didn’t change that much after all, the man still loved sleeps so much. He turned the TV off as he used his jacket to make a warm blanket for Yoochun.

He would let Yoochun slept for a while since it’s still a bit early for lunch. Jaejoong went back to the kitchen as he opened the pot; the kimchi soup was ready. He turned off the fire as he began to stir it. He usually didn’t do that.

[FLASHBACK]

It’s a wonderful morning, when the bird singing on the sky and the sun shone brightly. Fresh air went in from the window, as the alarm clock woke the people who still sleeping.

“Hmm…” a figure went outside the bedroom as he rubbed his eyes,” What’s today breakfast?”

No answer; this meant Jaejoong wasn’t in the kitchen. The figure decided to open the pot that’s on the stove and he saw the most delicious kimchi soup in his whole life. Couldn’t resist the temptation, he stirred the ladle as he smelled the aroma. It’s made him drooling.

“YAAA! Jung Yunho! What the hell do you think you’re doing with my kimchi soup!” Jaejoong’s voice echoed all along the house, waking the other members.

“I just stirred it!” Yunho was caught, he knew Jae hated people who messed up HIS kitchen, and the kitchen in the dorm ALWAYS BELONGED to Kim Jaejoong.

“Gee! Move away!” Jaejoong said as he checked his kimchi soup. The formation he made (Jae liked to make the food in order because he thought beautiful shape made it more delicious) was messed up.

“Jung Yunho!!!” 

It’s ended up both the ‘Umma’ and ‘Appa’ of DongBangShinKi chased each other till the maknae stopped them because he’s hungry and he needed the food now. Junsu was laughing at scene as Yoochun yawned sleepily on the dining table.

[END OF THE FLASHBACK]

Tears crawled to Jae’s eyes, this time he really cried. He couldn’t bear it anymore, he felt hurt so badly. The memories were like eating him alive. He was so afraid and everything turned out worse than he expected. 

He dropped the ladle on the kitchen floor as he fell on his knees. He sobbed like there’s no tomorrow, he didn’t know what to do anymore. That’s when he felt arms securing him, telling him it’s going to be fine.

“Kwenchanayo…just…let it out hyung…” Yoochun mumbled as tears started to crawl into his cheek too. He didn’t completely fall asleep; he just took a nap and then he heard noises from the kitchen. He kept hugging his trembling hyung; he trembled himself. He just too tired of everything.

They passed the next few minutes hugging each other. Tears finally dried as both of them decided to eat the lunch. They didn’t talk much, just do some quick catch up. Finished eating, Yoochun helped Jaejoong to wash the dishes. They spent time together until it’s the time to fetch the dolphin boy. Junsu was finally coming home.

---


“Jaejoong hyung! Yoochun ah!” Junsu shouted out loud as he embraced the two men that was waiting for him.

“I miss hyung so much!” Junsu said as he didn’t want to let go of Jaejoong.

“Yaa~ What about me? When did YooSu couple become this cold eh?” Yoochun joked.

“I miss you too, Chunnie ah,” Junsu smiled as he playfully winked.

“OK, I’m gonna puke if this continues…” Yoochun playfully made disgusted face as he took the briefcase from Junsu.

“You guys never change, do you?” Jaejoong spoke.

They kept talking, mainly asking how Junsu had been, and Junsu asked about Jaejoong’s condition. They laughed at Junsu’s usual high dolphin laugh. Junsu pinched Yoochun’s cheek because he ; they played like small child that missed their friends, their brother.

They stopped when their way was blocked by two men. It’s no other but Yunho and Changmin.

“Yunho hyung…Changmin…” Junsu was so surprised to see them there, he wasn’t expecting this; he’s scared as he’s not ready.

“Yoochun, I’m sorry for what happening today,” Yunho finally spoke,” How’s you been Junsu ah?”

Junsu didn’t answer; he showed some confusion as he asked Jaejoong what’s going on. He didn’t get his answer.

“Hyung deul…Can we talk somewhere more private?” the maknae spoke.

“Let’s go, Jaejoong hyung, Junsu…” Yoochun dragged the two people, but they didn’t want to move.

“Yoochun ah, please wait,” Yunho and Changmin tried to calm Yoochun down; they knew Yoochun was still mad and sad. Yoochun never could hide his feeling well, did he?

“…Wait,” Jaejoong said,” I want to…talk with all of you…”

Yoochun stopped when he heard Jae’s word. All the attention went to Jaejoong. For a second, all of them swore they never saw Jae’s eyes like that; it’s so sad and confused…and scared. It’s like Jaejoong was in so much pain.

“Jaejoong, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to not answering your message,” Yunho, the leader-sshi, finally spoke as he embraced the man in front of him. He knew he hurt him much enough.

“…It’s OK…” Jae said softly,” I deserved it…”

The word pierced Yunho’s heart, he didn’t know what to do anymore, and he needed to explain the things.

“Ehm, how about that café?” Junsu finally spoke as he pointed into a small private France café near the airport entrance,” We can talk there, can’t we?”

The other nodded and so five of them went into the café. They sat on the comfy satin-leathered sofa and the table was right in the middle. Red and white roses designed the table as the beautiful art of ancient France paintings hanging on the wall. The waiter came and asked what they would have.

“Five glass of Chateau Du Pape 1967, please,” Yunho said.

“No, make it four, I’ll take water,” Jaejoong told the waiter.

“It’s my treat,” Yunho persuaded since it’s been a long time for five of them drank together.

“I stopped drinking…” Jaejoong said. Yunho and the others were surprised to hear it; they knew Jaejoong liked drinking. There’s no way in earth they thought for a second the oldest one would quit.

“OK then, please wait for a few minutes…” the waiter spoke as he left, leaving the five men there in weird atmosphere.

“Umm, I guess I’ll start first, OK?” Changmin said as the others looked at him,” I’m sorry for not contacting hyung deul for the past one year three months one hundred and nine days…ehm, and ten hours forty six minutes twenty five seconds…”

“OK, that’s cute…” Yoochun said sarcastically. Junsu smacked his shoulder softly, telling him to calm down.

“Thanks,” Changmin continued to speak,” I didn’t know that hyung deul also hurting. We didn’t know…We thought hyung deul wanted the break up…”

“If we wanted the break up, why would we want to apologize?” This time Junsu asked.

“We didn’t know that hyung deul wanted to apologize and felt bad and hurt…We were too blind to see because we were so mad when all of it happened, our feeling mixed and we couldn’t think straight…” Changmin explained.

“That’s not the only reason, it might sound like excuse, but the truth was the company prevented us to know that you guys tried to meet us and have a good talk about the break up matter. We didn’t get any contact or info from you guys for almost a month. That’s because the company cut off our connection…” Yunho continued.

“That’s why we didn’t know you guys were suffering too, we’re too emotional, we’re too blind…I’m sorry,” with the last sentence spoken, tears started to crawl down from the leader-sshi’s eyes. He wiped it right away and took a deep breath.

“And then we knew we would end up rotting at the company, so we decided to get out from it…I and Yunho hyung opened up our business and we managed to survive the tough competition with the other company…Then we met Yoochun hyung for our new artist song project and so on…Hyung deul know it…” Changmin ended,” I’m sorry…”

The silence took over them as the waiter finally gave them their drinks. The wine was so sweet, or maybe it’s not, maybe just because the entire burden and all the misunderstanding finally clear. Maybe…

“So…” Yoochun finally spoke with his normal tone; the other could see that the man holding back his tears,” So…are we cool now?”

“Yeah, I guess so…” Junsu spoke as Jaejoong nodded in agreement. Yunho and Changmin told that they’re sorry once again, but hugs were what they got. Jaejoong was the one who moved first, he hold Yunho and forced the maknae to his embrace, Junsu and Yoochun joined. 

They cried together, didn’t care that the people might be watching them. It just had been a long time for them. The five finally united once again.