Chapter 1 “Here We Are Now…”

Eternal Five

Chapter 1 “Here We Are Now…”



“Hyung, I sent the contract this morning, we just need to wait for their approval,” a figure of fine young man spoke as he sat on the chair, next to another man that’s busy with paper work.

“That’s fast. I need you to take this document to my secretary and tell her to fax it to Mr. Bae,” the other man spoke.

“OK, hyung, marks it as done!” the figure said as he took the document and headed toward the door.

“Oh, Changmin ah,” the man called.

“Yeah hyung?” 

“Has…Jaejoong called you?” 

“Jaejoong hyung?” it’s been a long time for Changmin to hear the name from the man’s mouth,” Nope, is something wrong, Yunho hyung?”

“Actually, he texted me last night, asking when both of us will have free time, he wanted to talk with us, five of us…” Yunho explained.

“Is that a reunion or something? Or maybe an apology?” Changmin asked.

“…I’m not sure,” Yunho answered,” I’ll talk about this after work; just send the document first, OK?”

Changmin nodded and disappeared to the other side of the door, leaving Yunho with his tons of paper work.

Being the president for the new entertainment company was really tiring for Jung Yunho, but at least, he’s free now. Yes, free from all the contracts, he made contracts instead. Besides, he got the-genius-former-maknae-of-DongBangShinKi’s Shim Changmin, as his vice-president.

Yunho signed some document as his phone rang. He put the pen on the table as he looked at the new message he got.


From : BooJae
Yunho yah, I know you’re still mad at me, but please…Reply my message…I’m sorry…


Yunho took a deep breath; he leaned back on the chair. He didn’t want the message, no, he didn’t want any connection anymore with the three people that crushed his career, turning everything he worked so hard into nothing. But, why? Why he still kept their number and used their nickname, even after he changed his number?

Yunho did change his number a lot after the break up, and so did Changmin. Both of them were so mad at the three other members; they’re the reason for their break up. Because of this, they lost contact for more than one year.

Somehow, he received message from Jaejoong last night. He wondered how Jaejoong got his number, but it didn’t really matter.

“…I…should work,” Yunho mumbled to himself as he turned himself to the robotic-Jung-Yunho in the universe, trying to make his company better and not a corrupted one like the one he was in.

---


“Aissh…I’m late!” a man hissed as he hold the pack of paper on his hand. He took double steps on the stairs as he bowed to the people he passed. All of them were older than him after all; he’s kind of the maknae in that new company he worked for the past one year.

“I’m sorry I’m late!” he said as he opened the door in front of him. He bowed 90 degree.

“Oh, Chun ah, it’s OK. You’re not late, you’re punctual like always,” a man in thick glasses, who’s his boss spoke. He’s a nice old man, Yoochun must admit.

“Oh yeah…that’s good…” Yoochun tried to catch his breath. He had bad habit these days. He’s really not a morning person and he needed more than 10 alarms to wake him up in the morning. In order to not coming late, Yoochun always put his watch 30 minutes faster and he always forgot about it. That’s why he was late 10 minutes on his watch, but too early 20 minutes in the reality.

Somehow he missed the one who used to wake him up every morning. Whether the ‘Umma’ or the ‘Appa’, sometime the kicks of the maknae or even the game sound from the football-freak-dolphin.

Simply said, he missed s.

“Take a deep breath Park Yoochun, because you just won the grand price!!!” the boss cheered.

“Really?!” Yoochun couldn’t believe what he heard. There’s like a firework party in his head. Finally! Park Yoochun became the permanent songwriter for the company he worked for! Yeah, finally!

“Thank you so much, Mr. Bae!” Yoochun spoke as he shook the old man’s hand. The boss smiled and told him to work hard.

“You’ll have your first meeting with other company tomorrow morning; don’t forget to bring your master piece, OK?” Mr. Bae reminded.

“Of course!”

---


“Come on…Just a bit more…!!!” a man spoke as he waved the popcorn. He was more than anxious to kick the ball by himself. If only he was a football player.

“Nooo…noo…bring the ball front! Ow, come on!!!” the man begged.

GOAL!!!

“YEY! They did it! They really won it!!!” the man cheered because his team just won the football match for this season.

“Congratulation, Junsu-sshi,” his secretary spoke.

“Thanks…they really made it! I know they can do this!” Junsu spoke like a proud father of his son. Well, the team was kind of his sons; he recruited good people at football all around the America and trained them for free as long as they would become his football team.

The players were more than happy of course, since almost all of them were poor, didn’t get enough money to start a career. Junsu wanted to make something impossible for them into possible and he did it. Besides, he loved football. At least, that’s the only thing he could do after the break up. 

It’s just too painful for the man to ever sing again on the stage. He felt alone and he didn’t like it. It reminded him of his past mistake; he had regretted and cried enough.

“Mr.Kim! Mr.Kim!!!” bunch of reporters blocked Junsu’s way, but his bodyguard got him out from there in no time. He landed his duck safely on his comfy seat in the car. That’s when his phone rang.

“Hello?” Junsu answered the call; he didn’t manage to see the caller ID. He was more than shock to hear the voice.

“Annyeong…how’s you been?” a tender voice spoke from the speaker. Junsu would burst in tears if he’s alone.

“Hyung…” Junsu called,” Jaejoong hyung…”

“Congrats for your team! I watched they won!” Jaejoong’s voice was like a melody on Junsu’s ear. He missed his hyung, especially after almost one year lost contact.

Junsu also blamed himself for all that happened, the breakup of DongBangShinKi and everything. That caused their friendship with Yunho and Changmin. Both of them were hurt badly and they cut all the connection with JaeChunSu. They thought the company did that, but that’s not 100% true.

Yunho and Changmin went out from the company after three months and they got their own company. They still didn’t talk to JaeChunSu. They still blamed them. Worse was that Jaejoong blamed himself; he was the one who suggested the lawsuit, that’s why. But that’s not true, Yoochun and Junsu actually agreed with him. Jaejoong wasn’t the only one to blame.

Junsu remembered how Jaejoong waited and cried in the heavy rain just to apologize to Yunho and Changmin. He remembered how much tears he and Chunnie shed begging Jaejoong to go home. Yet, the oldest one didn’t want to, it’s ended up they dragged Jaejoong home.

Things got worse, Jaejoong disappeared. He didn’t tell anyone where he was, he thought he needed to be blamed. A few months later, a supermarket name caught their attention; HERO. Yes, HERO was Jaejoong’s supermarket and it grew widely in Korea, even some other countries.

And from that day, Junsu swore, he would do anything to make his hyung smile again; all of them smile again.

“Thanks hyung. I’m fine. How about you?” Junsu asked.

“Fine,” Jaejoong answered,” I’m sorry I didn’t contact you guys for so long…I miss you, Junsu ah…”

“You like disappeared in thin air, you know that?” Junsu said with shaky voice.

“I’m sorry…” 

“So…”

“Hmm?”

“What’s up?” Junsu asked.

“It’s just…are you coming back to Korea soon?” Jaejoong asked.

“Well, I’m coming back tomorrow, since the season is over,” Junsu said.

“I’ll pick you at the airport, OK?” Jaejoong spoke,” What’s the time?”

Junsu told the time and they chatted for a while, but then, Junsu needed to attend a meeting for his team. They closed the line as they finally realized how far they’re; Junsu was in America and Jaejoong was in Korea, they separated by oceans. They missed each other so much.