Chapter 18 “Last Curtain Fall”

Eternal Five

Chapter 18 “Last Curtain Fall”



“ENCORE! ENCORE!”

“Everyone, get ready, in 2 minute!” Yunho reminded the others as they changed themselves. They were in hurry till they didn’t realize one of them was leaning on the wall. He couldn’t stand still, his head was killing him. His sight got blurred. Slowly, he put his hand on his forehead, trying to control the pain as he took another pills.

“Jae?” Yunho finally realized something was wrong with Jaejoong,” What’s wrong? Headache?”

The leader’s speaking immediately made Jaejoong the point of attention, especially for the maknae. When Changmin saw Jaejoong’s eyes, he knew something was definitely wrong.

“Hyung---“ 

“I’m fine, just a bit headache, maybe because of the flashlight,” Jaejoong cut off.

“Hyung, but you really look like you’re sick,” Yoochun said.

“1 minute!” one of the staff shouted.

“I’m fine, don’t worry about me,” Jaejoong reassured as he stood still and then walked away,”I need to go to the toilet, I think…I’ll be back fast!”

Jaejoong rushed to the restroom as he got into an empty stall. He could feel his headache became worse. A sudden urge from his chest caused him to cough. He coughed quite hard as he realized there was some blood came out. 

He was scared but he knew he couldn’t fall down now, no, not now. He washed his hand and went out. Yunho who’s worried was there waiting for him, just outside the restroom.

” Come on, the fans are waiting for our encore…” Jaejoong managed to say with a reassuring smile.

“Feeling better now?” Yunho asked.

“Yup!” Jaejoong lied.

The four other men nodded as they followed the oldest one’s lead. They’re kind of worried but Changmin was the worst. He really though Jaejoong would fall anytime.

“ENCORE! ENCORE!”

The fans’ voice echoed through Jaejoong’s ear, even his veins. He couldn’t give up now. He wanted to show the best encore stage ever. He wouldn’t let the pain won over him.

“Tohoshinki!!!” the fan cheered as the five men went back on the stage.

“Encore stage desu!” Yoochun shouted.

“Everyone, sing along!” Junsu spoke.

Jaejoong tried to smile and he did, he sang the first note of their first encore song. It’s ‘Long Way’. A energic song. It was quite hard to sing but luckily, Jaejoong’s part wasn’t as much as he thought. He could sing it well.



“sting for far ‘n far, long way of wind and sand
Life is a journey, sometimes we are a bit lost”

“Let’s just hear the voices of our hearts
Let’s believe and walk the road, which we can only see by closing our eyes”

"I promise not to forget
Always I believe myself
There is no answer
We’ve just got to walk forward(long way long way long way)
Walk forward(long way long way long way)
Walk forward(long way long way long way)”

While singing, the five men walked around the stage and greeted the fans on a small car. They also threw balls to the fans. The balls had message on them.

The fan was very pleased when he song ended and they knew it would be more. Another melody played on the background. That’s when Changmin and Yunho went crazy, they never knew there’s this particular song, they didn’t know what song it was.

“Everyone, look at Yunho hyung and Changmin!” Junsu pointed out.

“Ehh?” Yunho and Changmin asked with blank expression.

“This song was composed when we’re separated, so Yunho hyung and Changmin don’t know it,” Yoochun explained.

“Yunho ah…Changmin ah,” Jaejoong smiled warmly,” We dedicated this song for you guys…”



“The letters that the stars created in the night sky
I still believe that it is not just by chance
In the same darkness, in the same distance
We are painting the W in the same way
We will shine more and more so that you can find us
Keep in mind that I love you.”

Yunho couldn’t believe what he heard; he never knew there was this surprise. As for Changmin, the maknae couldn’t hold his tears back. Shyly, he wiped his tears, he was really moved. He swore he would do anthing to protect Jaejoong’s smile just now. Deeply in his heart, he was so afraid. He’s afraid something would happen to his precious hyung. He didn’t want his Jaejoong hyung left him. He was afraid of the worst.

“Changmin ah, don’t cry!” Yunho spoke through the mic,” You made me wanna cry!”

Changmin smiled, it’s a forced one. He just tried to look normal but he couldn’t, not after he knew about Jaejoong’s sickness.



“Our paths will cross again, I am thinking about you every time I close my eyes, you’re everything
It is still natural that you are by our side
We can only wish that you are happy
We will climb our stairs one by one
We are still waiting for you, imagining our future”

“Under the same sky, dreaming the same dream
We are still searching for the W

We will always shine in the same shape
keep in mind that I love you.”

“I want to see you, see you
I want to see you, see you
I want to see you, see you
I want to see you, see you, see you”


“ Jaejoong ah! Yoochun ah! Junsu ah!” Yunho ran to the trio and hugged them so tightly and so was Changmin.

“Awww…” the fans was touched, they’re also in tears.

“Thank you so much,” Yunho whispered to the trio.

“I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!” Changmin shouted through the mic. That instantly made any living creature in the dome shocked. Who wouldn’t? Shim Changmin was famous for his attitude to men, he never ever said ‘I LOVE YOU’ to men. But now, he did that.

“Changmin ah~~~” the four men were so proud of their maknae. They hugged him so tightly.

“Yaaa! Stop crushing me!” Changmin protested with a red face.

“Hahahaha…” the fan laughed.

“Ehem,” Yunho finally spoke,” Well, once again thx u so much everyone!”

“Arigatou!” the five men shouted together as they bowed. Then a melody played behind them.

“Everyone, this’s really a last song!” Junsu said.

“Jaejoong hyung composed this,” Yoochun spoke.

“I hope everyone enjoy the song,” Changmin smiled.

“The title is ‘NINE’,” Yunho said.
 

“do you know what’s call love?
no~ in fact I have no idea about it too…just don’t know it Ye
my heart feels hot and I keep running and keep tearing up, what should I do?”

“Should I go pleading with bent knees? I don’t know too Ye
I keep finding you and running, I’m back to the original spot even when I keep walking”

“Do let you love me Do not want to forget”

“even if I want to start a new…It doesn’t seems easy for our love
My memories. sweet memories~ I have become someone who can no longer hide it”

“forget the old days~ We just need to have the 2 of us
know we know it, don’t we, we know it even if we don’t say it out
tomorrow, we will shout out of the yesterday that isn’t too far
i’m sorry that I can’t say it, i love you my dear”

“maybe times i’ve tried calling, I’ve been thinking about what to say…I don’t know it too Ye~
even as I fall asleep and wake up, I can’t stop myself from wanting to find you”

“Do let you love me Do not want to forget”

“Although it feels awakward because I’ve changed so much, wait
let’s not be too far apart, I make a promise to the world ahead of me”

As the song finished, the stage curtain fell down, hiding the delicated fans from a horrible scene. A man fell down crashing the floor as the others were shocked, panicked, didn’t know what to do. They kept calling the man’s name but not even a finger moved…



“I hope what I did till now can redeem my sin…I’m sorry everyone…I love you guys, but now it’s my time to say goodbye…I’m sorry…I wished I was strong enough…”