If (Taeteuk)

Songfic Oneshots

(For --bubbletea)

Leeteuk was Taeyeon's best friend, or should I say, her secret admirer. He admired everything about Taeyeon, even her ahjumma laugh and her dorkiness. He found her little flaws cute. However, he always had the melancholic feeling in his heart because he knew that Taeyeon only treated him as a friend. Yet he couldn't confess, because he was so afraid that this action might ruin their years of friendship. Whenever he was alone, he would smack himself on the head and yell silently to himself "Yah pabo! Just confess already!" But another thought would come popping into his mind, what if they drift apart? That would be more hurting than not confessing to her right? Ergo, he decided to surpress his feelings for her, till the day he was ready.

One day, after class, Taeyeon slapped Leeteuk on his shoulder and said, "Yah oppa, let's go get bubbletea today, my treat?" (Hahaha sorry I used your username LOL). Naturally, Leeteuk agreed. Walking side by side, they walked to the nearby bubbletea shop and Taeyeon bought them 2 cups of blueberry ice blended.

"So... Taengoo, what's the special occasion? I thought you were so stingy, why are you treating bubbletea all of a sudden?" Leeteuk asked.

Taeyeon only giggled and bit her straw. Curiousity aroused, Leeteuk whacked her head and asked her again. She bowed her head down shyly and whispered, "kangIn sunbae asked me to the prom party today, he confessed to me yesterday and we're officially a couple now."

Leeteuk was bummed, crushed, dejected, broken, and whatever heartbroken adjectives you can find in this world. He silently at his bubbletea and sfter some time, he mumbled "Chuake, Taengoo" rather reluctantly. Taeyeon didn't hear the strain in his voice, probably lost in her world of KangIn and prom night...

That day when Leeteuk reached hime, he didn't even bother changing out of his uniform before plopping himself on his bed. He was dead exhausted, not physically, but mentally. Taeyeon... I was too late, now, you'll no longer be mine...Without realising, tears were flowing out of his closed eyes as Taeyeon's laughing face wandered in his mind. He switched on his radio, hoping to find a song that would distract his pain away, but the radio was playing "If" instead.

If I go, if I go closer to you
I wonder what you may think, I can’t drum up the courage

If you go, if you go away from me
It is scary to figure out how to let you go

Perhaps, the reason I only look at you, like a fool,
is for fear that you may turn your face away, and
you and I may drift further apart

Perhaps, the reason I can’t say ‘I love you’, like a fool,
is that I am afraid of the painful sad days of waiting after we meet.

If you come, if you come closer to me
I really don’t know what to do

Perhaps, the reason I only look at you, like a fool,
is for fear that you may turn your face away, and
you and I may drift further apart

Perhaps, the reason I can’t say ‘I love you’, like a fool,
is that I am afraid of the painful sad days of waiting after we meet.

Perhaps, the reason I can’t say ‘I love you’, like a fool,
is that I am afraid of the painful sad days of waiting after we meet.

Well... That doesn't really help does it. Leeteuk threw his pillow against the wall, causing the pillow case to break and an eruption of feathers happened in his room. Aish, Taengoo, are you really oblivious to my love? Or is it that I am too cowardly to confess my feelings to her, causing her to lose hope in me? But I'm really too scared of losing her. What if she rejects my confession? Then we'll drift apart and become strangers. NO!

Thinking thinking... A lethargic Leeteuk soon fell asleep...

Leeteuk opened his eyes to find himself standing under a tree. He was waiting for Taeyeon. However, after so long of waiting, Taeyeon still didn't appear. He watched in horror as he aged from a teenage boy to a middle aged man, then to an old grandpa... When he felt that his life was ending, he saw Taeyeon wearing a wedding gown, walking down the aisle with her groom, KangIn.

NO!

Leeteuk broke out in cold sweat and sat on his bed with a start. Phew. Thank god that it was only a dream. But the dream had some meaning to it... His mind began playing the song he had heard on the radio...

Perhaps, the reason I only look at you, like a fool,
is for fear that you may turn your face away, and
you and I may drift further apart

Perhaps, the reason I can’t say ‘I love you’, like a fool,
is that I am afraid of the painful sad days of waiting after we meet.

So that's it! It was his own cowardice that stopped him from getting closer to Taeyeon. Leeteuk smacked himself on the head. Why was he waiting for her blindly like a fool? To achieve something, you have to fight for it, because nothing ever comes easily!

With that, Leeteuk showered, changed out of his uniform and went back to sleep with a confident smile on his face.

The next day in school, Leeteuk stopped Taeyeon on her way to the classroom.

"Yah Teukie, what are you doing?" Taeyeon asked, puffing her cheeks irritatedly when Leeteuk blocked her way.

Like a magician, Leeteuk took a bouquet of flowers from his pocket and said to Taeyeon, "Taengoo, I've been liking you for a very long time already... But I has not the courage to confess to you... Now, I have thought it through and I'm going to court you. Regardless of whether KangIn is there to hinder my way, I'll still do so and I won't give up until you nod your head."

Taeyeon's eyes grew round. When she didn't speak for at leat 2 whole minutes, Leeteuk lowered his flowers and sighed, "Sorry Taengoo, I guess we should--"

Before he could finish his sentence, he felt a hug around his waist. It was Taeyeon. Now it was HIS turn to be shocked.

"Teukie ah, you know how long I have been waiting to hear your confession?"

Leeteuk shyly wrapped his arms around Taeyeon too, his dimple as an expression of his overwhelming happiness.

"Taengoo, but what about KangIn?"

"I'll sort that out with him. Meanwhile, let's just enjoy this moment."

Leeteuk gently caressed Taeyeon's hair as they remained in their hugging positon.

"No, you don't have to wait like a fool..." Leeteuk thought, "Because you  should have the guts to fight for your love."