Sorry (dear "daddy") (Seokyu)

Songfic Oneshots

For supergeneration13988 

p.s. The title of the song is originally sorry (dear daddy), but I had to twitch it a bit to fit the story plot... 

 

Sorry (Dear "daddy") 
 
Seohyun's eyes flickered open and she winced at the throbbing pain in her head. Immediately, a man appeared before her eyes with an intent look, concern written all over his. His hair was tinted by patches of grey and he had years marks all across his face. 
 
"Seohyun ah, are you feeling alright now?" He asked, his voice trembling with emotions. 
 
Seohyun nodded, a smile slowly creeping up to her face. Although she couldn't remember a single thing, she was glad to have this man beside her. He gave her this extremely strong sense of security and she was more than happy to bask in it, especially when she was vulnerable like that. 
 
"Appa!" Seohyun exclaimed. "Appa! At least I can remember who you are after the accident!" 
 
Shock and astonishment flashed across the man's face in an instant, but his expression soon softened to be a loving one. 
 
"Yes Seohyun, appa is here. Now you rest here while I go call the doctor ok?" He cooed her gently. 
 
Obediently, Seohyun closed her eyes again. The man sighed deeply and walked out of the ward. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A month later, Seohyun had fully recovered from the horrid car accident that almost stole her life away. Although she had not regained her memory, at least she had her physical health back again and she was happy about that. Her "appa" was there throughout with her in her recovery. When the pain form her wounds became unbearable, he was there to hold her hand tightly and reassure her that it would all be over soon. When she was so fed up with the rehabilitation, he was there to wipe away her tears of frustration and knock some sense into her with his calming, soothing voice. 
 
"Seo Joo Hyun! If you don't go through this, how can you be loved by the world in future? Appa loving you alone doesn't make a difference, you have to make yourself as flawless as possible for the world to accept you! And thesis not the Seohyunnie that appa knows. The Seohyunnie that I know, will brave through all obstacles to achieve her target. That's why. You should never give up. I'll be here for you, arrassou?" 
 
Seohyun linked her arm through her "appa's", a blissful grin on her face. 
 
"I'm so glad to have you here with me, appa. I wouldn't have been able to go through this alone." 
 
He gave her a tiny smile, somewhat wistful, but charming nonetheless. 
 
"Because I love you, Seohyunnie, so I will be willing to do anything for you yeah?" 
 
And the duo walked into the gentle rays of the dusk, towards a place where they called home. 
 
"Appa! Is this our house? It's exactly like how I wanted my wedding house to be!" Upon stepping into their house, Seohyun was already screaming excitedly into her "appa'" ear. 
 
"Yah yah yah, stop it with all the screaming. I want you to live happily after the accident, so I refurbished out house to be like this. A daughter is her father's lover from the last life, so I'll do everything to make my Seohyunnie happy." 
 
"Yay appa! Saranghaeyo!" Seohyun ran and gave him a bear hug, her eyes twinkling like stars. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was a stormy night. The wind blew, the thunder roared, and the raindrops pelted down hard against the windows. 
 
"It's it's so scary..." Seohyun whimpered under the covers. Just then, her room door was opened by a familiar figure. 
 
"Appa!" Seohyun said in relief, tears running down her cheeks. 
 
He lay beside her on her bed and allowed her to snuggle into the crook of his arm. 
 
"Ssssh. It'll all be okay..." He consoled her while gently striking her hair. 
 
Seohyun sniffed and soon fell into a peaceful, deep sleep to the faint scent of his clothes and the gentle warmth of his embrace. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Guess what appa, I think I'm in love," said Seohyun to her "appa" one day at the dining table. 
 
He put down his bowl of rice and was stunned momentarily, his expression unreadable. After a few moments, he broke out into a smile. 
 
"My little girl has grown up! So, how's he like?" 
 
And Seohyun rambled on and on about the handsome young man, Yonghwa, who worked in e same company as her. How he had such a gentle voice and such a genuine smile. How he had such a gentlemanly attitude and such great working potentials. 
 
Her "appa" listened attentively, then replied, "Why not? He seems like a nice guy. Follow your heart, Seohyunnie." 
 
Eventually, Seohyun and Yonghwa became an official couple and they would go on dates frequently. One day, Yonghwa proposed to Seohyun in front of all their colleagues, and of course she agreed. 
 
That night, Seohyun broke the happy news to her "appa". He didn't say anything but pulled her into a tight embrace. 
 
"Lead a happy life, Seohyunnie. Appa is so happy and proud for you." He managed to choke out. However, Seohyun was too absorbed in her own happiness to hear it. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
At the night before her marriage, Seohyun went out to party with her bunch of besties. When all of them got a little tipsy, her best friend, Hyoyeon said, "You know, Hyunnie, Kyuhyun is really a great man. Not all men would be able to do the same thing as he did." 
 
"Waeyo? Appa? What did he do?" Seohyun questioned, but she got no reply. Shrugging the previous comment off, she continued to enjoy the party, her last night single. 
 
At midnight, Seohyun staggered home, completely drained after the party. To her surprise, her "appa" wasn't at home. Instead, lying on her bed was a gigantic photo and a stack of papers. 
 
Flipping the papers open, Seohyun's mouth dropped open. 
 
D-divorce papers? 
 
Seeing an envelope, Seohyun tore it open and in it was a letter addressed to her. 
 
Dear Seohyunnie, 
I guess this is goodbye. As you read this letter, I'm already on my way to another place. Please carry on leading a happy life, that's the only thing that I'll ever ask from you. 
 
I'm sorry for lying to you all these while. In fact, I'm not your father. In case you haven't remembered... Your father died when you were five, and your mother, last year. 
 
So who am I? Well, I know this hurts, but, I'm your husband. Or ex-husband should I say? 
 
After your accident, I was going crazy with worry. I guess that's what that caused me to age so rapidly within weeks. I didn't want to burst your bubble when you called me "appa". You needed a fatherly figure to lean on at that time, so I pretended to be him to stay by your side. 
 
I thought I could stay like that with you forever. Protecting you with another identity seemed like a feasible idea too. Until the day you told me that you fell in love with this Yonghwa guy. 
 
Don't blame yourself, Seohyunnie. Do you know the true definition of love? Love isn't about just being together, the two people involved. Instead, it's about letting go. By letting go, you shall have a better, happier future as provided by Yonghwa. He is a better man for you as compared to you.
 
The divorce paper is my last gift to you. I have already signed on it. Sign on this, and you shall be free. Free to love. Free to embrace a better future. 
 
I love you Seohyunnie. Don't bother coming to find me. Forget me, but always remember that there was, and is someone who loves you with his whole heart. 
 
Love, 
Kyuhyun 
 
 
Torrents of tears were flowing down fast and free down Seohyun's cheeks. Flipping over the gigantic photo, a wedding picture of Seohyun and Kyuhyun was revealed. In the photo, both of them were smiling so sweetly, so sweetly, with love shining in their eyes... 
 
(3 months after) 
Sunsun radio station. 
"Hello, seems like we have received a phone call! Lets see, hello?" 
"Hello, uhm, I would like it dedicate a song to someone special." 
"Sure thing! Can we have your name, miss?" 
"Seohyun." 
"Right, miss Seohyun, what's the song that you would like to dedicate to that special person and what's the message that you would like to day to him or her?" 
"I would like the song Sorry (dear daddy) by f(x) please. And the message is,  hey Kyuhyun oppa, how are you doing? The wedding has been cancelled. And now, here I am, waiting for the man who is loving me with all his heart and soul. If you are hearing this, please contact me as soon as possible, because, a girl who loves you back the same way, is waiting for you, all alone. I love you, oppa. You are a great man." 
 
Sorry(dear daddy)- lyrics 
Forgive me if I possibly hurt your feelings today.
My immature self just said immature things.
If you possibly can't understand my feelings, it's fine.
No need for excuses, It's all my fault.
 
Even if you don't say everyone knows, both your eyes are immersed with tears.
Sorry, so sorry. This is my heart.
You know the day I've opened up my heart I'll do better.
Sorry. (Sorry) I'm sorry. (Sorry) I can't say anything other than this. Yeah~
 
You can still hate me for your sorrowful feelings.
There's no need for any expressions. To me you'll be here forever.
 
Even if you don't say everyone knows, both your eyes are immersed with tears.
Sorry, so sorry. This is my heart.
You know the day I've opened up my heart I'll do better.
Sorry. (Sorry) I'm sorry. (Sorry) I can't say anything other than this. Yeah~
 
I can't do anything other than this. I can't imagine a world without you.
Although I'm lacking and deficient, I love you. Oh, oh~
 
Even if you don't say everyone knows, both your eyes are immersed with tears.
Sorry, so sorry. This is my heart.
You know the day I've opened up my heart I'll do better.
Sorry. (Sorry) I'm sorry. (Sorry) I can't say anything other than this, yeah.
 
Sorry, sorry. So hard to say I'm sorry.
Sorry, I'm sorry. I can't say anything other than this, yeah.