Smile (Taeteuk)

Songfic Oneshots

For WhiteAngelTeuk 

 

Smile 
 
Leeteuk grimaced as the knife penetrated through the skin at his wrist. However, when the pain washed over and numbed his senses, his expression changed to become a smiling one. 
 
He, was actually enjoying the pain from cutting. At least the physical pain could direct some of the pain in his heart away. 
 
Pain. Everything in life was painful. Memories hurt, reality hurt, everything hurt... 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leeteuk loved the way Taeyeon smiled. She had an easy, natural grin that is pure and simple- like sunshine through a raindrop. The corners of had somewhat hooked themselves to his heart, tempting him to do something more than simply just smiling back. 
 
"I love you Taeyeon," he whispered, his breath sending tingles down her spine. 
 
"I know, I know. I love you too." She would reply, her smile illuminating his soul. 
 
Then they would kiss, in rhythm to the fireworks that were sparking in their hearts. 
 
In fact, to Leeteuk, Taeyeon's  smile clung to her lips like cake crumbs. It never left her face, despite how bad the situation was. When she had injured her knee badly in an accident was was told that she might have a possibility of not being able dance anymore in future, she smiled. She outright smiled at Leeteuk, as though nothi had happened. 
 
"That won't happen," she said firmly, the smile still on her face. 
 
And indeed, it didn't happen. After rehabilation, Taeyeon was able to dance like how she used to and with a smug smile on her face, she said to Leeteuk, "See? What did I say?" 
 
Hence, Leeteuk had a dream, a beautiful envision of him and Taeyeon getting married, then living happily together, their smiles printed on their faces forever. 
 
"Haha. Sure, oppa! I will make sure that your dream comes true!" Taeyeon had told him when he told her his little dream. 
 
And he believed in it firmly. 
 
Until that fateful day, when everything was being brutally snatched away from his hands. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Leeteuk would never forget Taeyeon's last smile. Though her face was of a pallid complexion, her smile still spreaded like the sun on the horizon as she spluttered, "Lee-leeteuk o-o-oppa, I l-l-l-o-v-v-vvee you..." 
 
Then her eyes closed, her beautiful smile still intact. 
 
As the blood gushed out from her stomach, staining his hands, sadness ate away his heart, sinking its teeth into the mind without consuming the soul. Damn it. Damn it. Why did Taeyeon have to shield him from the freaking knife? Why did they have to walk into the alley at night in an attempt to reach home earlier? Damn it! 
 
"Leeteuk! You jerk!" And he could do nothing but to give in to the voice oscillating through his skull. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
She left, taking away his soul, his smile and his heart. 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Your two eyes look at me and smile sweetly
Even on the day we parted
You looked and smiled at me
I know it all
Love can always approach you blindingly
Making you dream until it takes everything from you, forever
 
Your two eyes look at me and smile sweetly
Even on the day we parted
You looked and smiled at me
 
I know it all
Love can always approach you blindingly
Making you dream until it takes everything from you, forever, from me
Don’t leave me, I need you
After you’ve shaken my mind, don’t leave me
 
Your two eyes look at me and smile sweetly
Even on the day we parted
You looked and smiled at me" 
 
"God damn it!" Leeteuk roared and threw the stack of paper onto the floor. 
 
"Damn it! Why must you write this kind of stuff? Are you fu*king mocking me?" He yelled at a flabbergasted Kyuhyun who wanted to show his hyung his latest composition. 
 
Upon throwing Kyuhyun out of the room, Leeteuk slumped down on the carpet, bitter tears coursing down his face, glistening under the shine of the light. He missed Taeyeon so bad... 
 
In the midst of his tears, he saw a familiar figure walking towards him. Taeyeon? 
 
Stopping in front of him, Taeyeon smiled like a shooting star on a midnight sky. 
 
"Oppa, why are you doing this to yourself?" She asked gently, Leeteuk's hair. 
 
"I... I... I..." At that moment, Leeteuk realised that he had nothing to say. What gave him the reason to be so dejected? Taeyeon's leaving? But she would be so sad to see him in such a state. Oh no. 
 
As if reading his thoughts, Taeyeon continued, 
 
"Oppa, do you know that, you have never left my side? Because, a part of you has been engraved into my heart and it'll never fade. Just like, how I'm living inside here." 
 
Gesturing to his heart, Taeyeon went on, 
 
"As long as you have loved a person with your genuine heart, that person will have a space in your heart forever and ever. Therefore, I want you to smile, oppa, smile like how I used to. Face life, smiling. Because nothing's actually that bad! Stay strong, oppa. I'll be watching you from heaven." 
 
With that, she gave him one last peck on his lips and gradually faded away. 
 
Leeteuk dried the tears from the eyes and, slowly curved up the corners of his lips. Leeteuk smiled, like he was surprised he still knew how to, then, his smile widened, just like a rainbow hanging down from the clear, azone blue sky. 
 
Getting up from the floor, Leeteuk walked into Kyuhyun's room. 
 
"Hey, mind if we do a duet on that song that you've just composed? Then we shall upload it to youtube." 
 
"Oh sure, hyung. Are you alright now?" 
 
"Yeah, I'm fine," Leeteuk replied, the smile never leaving his face, "Taeyeon had taught me to smile, even on the darkest, gloomiest nights."