The Boys (Yulsung)

Songfic Oneshots

(For dhgg33)

 

Yesung was the Prince Charming of the school. Not only had he good grades, handsome looks, he was also a very kind and caring person who volunteers at Seoul orphanage regularly. Almost all the girls in the school had a major crush on him, and he was aware of it, but he never boasted nor became snobbish. That's why Black Pearl Yuri thought that he would be her perfect guy. However, when everytime she looked at the queenkassurrounding Yesung in a circle, she could not help but to shake her head dejectedly. How could she, an ordinary plain girl beat all the Queenkas in the pursuit of Yesung?

  

When she told her other 8 friends about her woes, they patted her on the back and said, "Yul ah, you must fight for your love! Don't give up without a proper fight!" Yuri nodded, she thought she understood. The next day, she went shopping with Jessica and got her to help her carry her stuff. Panting, Jessica exclaimed, "Yuri ah! why do you want to buy so many dresses? I thought you're the jeans/shorts/athlete skirts that kind of girl?" Yuri just laughed and and replied, "Sicachu ah, I wanna change!" Jessica could only stare at Yuri questioningly as she laughed her head off.

From that day onwards, sporty Yuri changed to become a very girlish person. Instaed of playing tennis every afternoon, she would hang out at parties where Yeung and the other popular people would be. She tried to act like the queenkas, to attempt to catch Yesung's attention, but he never gave her a second glance. Days passed and Yuri was getting sick, not physically, but psychologically.

"I'm losing myself! Kwon Yuri isn't a person like that! Where is the old, sporty Yuri? That's me, despite my love for Yesung, I shouldn't lose myself." Yuri mumbled as she tucked all her fanciful dresses in the darkest corner of her closet. "I'll wear these dresses for formal occasions, maybe give some to my other friends."

After clearing her dresses away, Yuri sighed in relief. Sporty Kwon Yuri is back! She changed into a pair of shorts and happily went to the tennis court to play tennis with her good friend, Minho. Upon seeing her arrival, Minho cheered, "Yeah! Yuri Unnie is back! Finally I can have some fun playing again, since only Yuri Unnie can beat me in tennis!" Yuri smiled. THIS was her life, not stuck at some boring old party with the popular crowd.

Deep in her heart, Yuri knew that she still loved Yesung, but she chose to keep it deep in her heart. It might just be an university crush, not that it can really flourish into a beautiful relationship or whatever. She wore back her jeans and lived her life the way she wanted it, being the captain of the swimming and tennis club, and participating in all kinds of activities with her friends, which the 9 of them address themselves as "SNSD". They sang, danced and performed in school sometimes, causing their fanclub to increase in number, and also causing Yuri to have more and more admirers, but she turned them all down. No, her heart belonged to Yesung, even though he wasn't aware of it.

One day, Sooyoung came running into SNSD's "secret hide out place"-- a dancing room which nobody used, yelling at the top of her voice about a new dancing/singing competition that would be held in school 2 weeks from then. The girls jumped at the idea and they decided to perform a song that their music teacher Teddy Riley specially composed for his favourite students, them, THE BOYS. After intensive training for 2 weeks, they felt more then ready and they were gonna rock the stage with their flawless performance.

Emcee: Now, let's welcome SNSD with their hit song, THE BOYS!

[All] I can tell you're looking at me
I know what you see
Any closer and you'll feel the heat
([Jessica] GG)
[All] You don't have to pretend that you didn't notice me
Every look will make it hard to breathe
([Jessica] T R X)
[All] B-Bring the boys out

([Tiffany] Yeah~ You know~)
[All] B-Bring the boys out
([Tiffany] We bring the boys out (x2) Yeah~)
[All] B-Bring the boys out

[Taeyeon] Soon as I step on the scene
I know that they'll be watching me~ watching me~
([Tiffany] Get up)
[Yoona] I'mma be the hottest in this spot
There ain't no stopping me~ ([Tiffany] That's funny) [Yoona] stopping me~

[Sunny] I know life is a mystery
I'm gonna make history
I'm taking it from the start
[Seohyun] Call all emergency
I'm watching the phone ring
I'm feeling this in my heart~ my heart~
[All] B-Bring the boys out

[All] Girls' Generation make you feel the heat
[Yuri] And we're doin' it, we can't be beat
[All] B-Bring the boys out
[Sooyoung] We're born to win
Better tell all your friends
'Cause we get it in
You know the girls
[All] B-Bring the boys out

[Jessica] Wanna know my secrets
But no I'll never tell
'Cause I got the magic touch
And I'm not tryin' to fail
That's right
([Sunny] Yes fly high)
[Jessica] And I
([Sunny] You fly high)
[Jessica] Can't deny, I know I can fly
[Seohyun] I know life is a mystery
I'm gonna make history
I'm taking it from the start
[Taeyeon] Call all emergency
I'm watching the phone ring
I'm feeling this in my heart~ my heart~
[All/Taeyeon] B-Bring the boys out

[All] Girls' Generation make you feel the heat
[Tiffany] And we're doin' it, we can't be beat
[All] B-Bring the boys out
[Hyoyeon] We're born to win
Better tell all your friends
'Cause we get it in
You know the girls
[All] B-Bring the boys out

[All] Girls bring the boys out
[Yuri] I wanna dance right now
We can show 'em how the girls get down
[Yoona] Yes we go for more than zero
Number 1 everyone should know
Check this out

[Hyoyeon] All the boys (x2) want my heart
Better know how to rock 'n' don't stop
[Sooyoung] Oh Gee
We make you so hot
Girls' Generation we won't stop
[All] B-Bring the boys out

[Jessica] It's not a fantasy
This is right for me
Livin' it like a star
[Taeyeon] Can't get the rest of me
I'mma be what I wanna be
This is deep in my heart~ my heart~

[All] I can tell you're looking at me
I know what you see
Any closer and you'll feel the heat
[All/Taeyeon] Just bring the boys out
[All/Seohyun] You don't have to pretend
That you didn't notice me
Every look will make it hard to breathe
[All] B-Bring the boys out
[Jessica] 'Cause the
[Jessica] Girls (x4) [All/Jessica] Bring the boys out (x4)

[All] Girls' Generation make 'em feel the heat
[Sunny] And we're doin' it, we can't be beat
[All] B-Bring the boys out
[Tiffany] We're born to win
Better tell all your friends
'Cause we get it in
You know the girls
[All] B-Bring the boys out

While SNSD was on stage performing, Yesung was sitting at the VIP seat watching them perform intently. The tanned, sporty girl with y long legs caught his attention. When she did the half split, his eyes nearly poppeed out of its sockets and she turned to ask his best friend, Donghae, " Yo bro, what's that girl's name? The tanned one with the y long legs?" Donghae smacked Yesung's shoulder and said, "Her name is Kwon Yuri, AKA Black Pearl, and she's the best friend of my Jessica. <3 She's the captain of the swimming and tennis club, you probably don't know her because she couldn't care less than to wear ty short skirts or to dump make up on her face. Jessica says that she's a very straightforward person." Yesung nodded. Kwon Yuri Kwon Yuri Kwon Yuri... The name seemed to become a magical chant in Yesung's head as he repeated her name lovingly. He was in love. In love with the fact that she couldn't care less then to dump so much make up on her face to attract his attention, for not wwearing ty short skirts and pulling his hand and trying to flort. He liked her for her cool attitude and that she was BEING HERSELF.

After SNSD's performance, they received a standing ovation, including one from Yesung. Yuri saw that of course, and a little blush appeared on her cheeks. She quickly moved to her seat with her friends and to her surprise, Yesung was already there, waiting to her. He smiled his killer smile at SNSD and said politely, "Hey girls, mind if I borrow your Black Pearl for a while?" The girls giggled and nodded, mouthing "GOODLUCK!" to Yuri.

When the duo (Yesung and Yuri) were outside of the performing hall, Yesung started to strike a converstaion with Yuri. Despite her shyness and joy, Yuri still answered Yesung's questions as per normal and the two soon realised that they both had a lot in common. Their conversation turned into a more joyous one and they even exchanged handphone numbers. With that, Yuri and Yesung became very good friends, texting, calling each day and Yesung also confessed to Yuri after some time. She happily agreed and their relationship was off to a happy beginning.

One day, Yuri received a text message from Yesung, " Kwon Yuri baby makes me feel the heat, true as she is she can't be beat! :D" Yuri giggled. Never did she knew before their relationship that Yesung can be a dork. Just then, she felt a pair of arms around her waist. It was Yesung. Yuri chuckled again, as Yesung whispered in her ear, "I love you baby for who you are. I love you because you are you, not like those girls who would do anything to impress me. That's why, Kwon Yuri baby makes me feel the heat, true as she is she can't be beat! " With that, he spun her around and pulled her into a kiss.

That's right, being yourself is the best after all.