Only One (Seokyu)

Songfic Oneshots

(For wireswires) 

Only One- Boa 

You’re only getting farther – you’re the only one
As much as I loved you, you’re the only one
It hurts and hurts and it’s foolish but good bye
Though I may never see you again, you’re the only one
Only one

We awkwardly sit across each other,
Making small talk and asking what’s new
The moments when the conversation stop for a moment
The cold silence freezes us

We will become strangers at this place right now
Someone will shed tears and be left alone but
I hate seeing you try not to scar me and feel ill at ease
So I’ll let you go

My love, good bye now – you’re the only one (you’re the only one)
Even at the moment we break up, you’re the only one
It hurts and hurts and it’s foolish but good bye
Though I may never see you again, you’re the only one

Only One
You’re the only one, Only One

At my sudden works, you seem to be relieved for some reason
Where did we go wrong?
Did we hope for different places starting from long ago?

The sharpness of the vast difference of our start and end
And the pain that stabs my heart – why is it so similar?
My overwhelmed heart crumbles emptily in just one moment
How can I stand up again?

My love, good bye now – you’re the only one (you’re the only one)
Even at the moment we break up, you’re the only one
It hurts and hurts and it’s foolish but good bye
Though I may never see you again, you’re the only one

When will my head erase you? (I will let you go)
One day, two days, one month, if long term then a few years (My baby can’t forget)
And someday in your memories,
I won’t live in it, you will erase me

Only One Only One
You’re the only one, Only One

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Night time in Seoul City was always eventful. From the bustling crowds at shopping areas to deafening music blasting from the pubs all over town, everything about the city boasted of its vibrant comtemporary culture and sophistication in the dark. 

Seohyun and Kyuhyun lay under the covers in their apartment, gazing at each other tenderly without a word. Their little apartment was the best solace admist the hustle and bustle of the city, especially at night. The tranquility and peacefulness it provided made their hearts at ease and there was nothing more that they loved other than lying on the bed face-to-face and just admiring each other's beauty. 

"Seohyun ahh..." Kyuhyun whispered huskily, lifting his hand to run his fingers across the smooth contours of Seohyun's face. Seohyun winced lightly. His voice was melodious as usual, but beneath its velvext texture was raw sadness and agony that made her heart squeeze. 

"Shhh... Let's just enjoy this night. Together. Just you and me." 

Kyuhyun nodded his head slowly, savouring the sound of her voice against his ears. Oh, how he loved her sweet voice! If only... 

"I have a present for you," Kyuhyun said, effectively breaking the somewhat akward silence. Without waiting for a response, he tore off his shirt and on his left chest were the words "S.H <3 K.H" tatooed in graceful cursive. 

"It's right about my heart, Seohyun... You'll always be my only one..." 

Seohyun bit her lips and fought back tears. That was Kyuhyun, the man she loved. Ever since their first meeting in university, his gentleness and thoughtfulness always made her heart flutter. Soon, they became a couple and began living together in their little apartment. It wasn't exactly 'theirs', since they had rented it from a kind ahjumma, but they treated it like their own. It was their home, their nest of love.

However, everything was coming to an end.

"Will you miss me?" Kyuhyun inquired, melancholy clouding his eyes. Seohyun didn't know how to answer. How she longed to throw herself into his strong arms and feel his warm embrace around her quivering body! How she wished she could intertwine her fingers with his again and hear his assurances that he'll never let go! How she wanted their bodies to touch, as though they were speaking in morse code! Oh how she desired -- 

Yes, I'll miss you. Every part of me will miss every part of you. 

"We all have to move on." 

She felt him stiffen, but she quelled her urge to reach out and his back. She had no rights to do so anymore. 

"I love you Seohyun." 

"I love you Kyuhyun oppa." 

Gradually, they fell into quietness as the city drifted off to sleep. And the rest of the night was silent, their breathings heavy against their chests. 

Seoul city stirred once again as the first rays of light dawned. Seohyun stared at the man opposite her. His face was serene, tinged with hints of poignancy and forlorness. 

"Goodbye oppa." 

"Goodbye Seohyun." 

"Please... Take care of yourself when I'm not around." 

"You too, Seohyun. Take care of yourself and... Your husband too..." 

"Please forget me, oppa." 

"No, I won't. This shall be the first and the last time that I won't obey you." 

Pause. 

"I love you Seohyun." 

"I love you Kyuhyun oppa." 

3 hours later, Seohyun walked down the aisle of the church with her father, clad in a glamorous wedding gown. Her veil masked her heavy heart as she approached the man of her life.

"I, Jung Yonghwa, choose you, Seo Joo Hyun to be my wife, to respect you in your successes and in your failures, to care for you in sickness and in health, to nurture you, and to grow with you throughout the seasons of life."

"I, Seo Joo Hyun, choose you, Jung YongHwa to be my husband, to respect you in your successes and in your failures, to care for you in sickness and in health, to nurture you, and to grow with you throughout the seasons of life."

"Seohyun ah... I promise that I'll marry you someday!" 

"Yes, Kyuhyun oppa, I'll be waiting for that day to come." 

"Promise you'll wait for me?" 

"Promise."  

"You may now kiss the bride." 

A single tear sped down Seohyun's cheeks as Yonghwa's lips inched down towards her. 

Goodbye, Kyuhyun oppa. 

Goodbye, my only one.