Little things (Haesica)

Songfic Oneshots

(For sujusone24) 

Little Things (one direction) 

Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me
But bear this mind it was meant to be 
And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks
And it all makes sense to me


I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile, 
You've never loved your stomach or your thighs 
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine


But i'll love them endlessly 

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth 
But if I do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to 
I'm in love with you and all these little things

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea
Maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep
And all those conversations are the secrets that i keep 
Though it makes no sense to me 


I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape 
You never want to know how much you weigh 
You still have to squeeze into your jeans
But 

You're perfect to me 

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true, it's you, it's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you and all these little things


You never love yourself half as much as i love you 
You'll never treat yourself right darling but i want you to 
If i let you know, i'm here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself like i love you oh and


I've just let these little things slips out of my mouth 
'Cause it's you, oh it's you, it's you they add up to 
And i'm in love with you (and all these little things) 


I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth 
but if it's true, it's you, it's you they add up to 
I'm in love with you, and all your little things.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most of the times, we fail to pay attention to the little things in life, such as missing out a decimal point on our maths paper. Forgetting to buy something at the supermarket. Mistaking Tuesday for Wednesday. These little things may seem trivial at first glance, but in actual fact, they are not. 

Most of the times, we fail to notice the little habits of the people around us. You may not realise that your friend of 10 years actually bite his lower lips when he's nervous. You may not see that your mom uses her left hand to hold the knife during cooking when she's a right-hander. However, these are actually the most precious things about the person, because without all of these little things, I wouldn't be me and you wouldn't be you. 

Jessica Jung, who was known as the "ice princess" amongst her peers, had extremely low self-esteem. She had never worn shorts out of the house, and when she walked, she'd always wrap her arms around herself. Self-loathe a drug, and she's had it injected into her bloodstream for as long as she could remember. 

Lee Donghae, on the other hand, was vastly different from Jessica. Gifted with a sunny, heartwarming smile, he loved to express his happiness with a big smile on his face. His height was his fatal flaw, but he was confident about the rest of himself. Hey, god made everyone beautifully, alright? So what's there to hate about yourself? 

Hence, Jessica and Donghae's first meeting didn't turn out too well. Both of them were having catch-up sessions with their friends at a particular drink salon outside school. With its cheap and delicious drinks, it was a great hangout area for students with limited budgets. Jessica was walking to the bathroom with her head down as usual when she bumped into something (someone) hard.  Before she could react,  cold and wet liquid was already dripping from her hair onto her uniform. 

Oh god. It was blue. And her uniform was white. 

"OMG I'm so sorry! So so sorry!" The person apologised, while frantically trying to wipe away the blue slushy on Jessica. Jessica grimaced but didn't say anything, even though the slushy felt disgusting against her skin. Unlike her best friend Hyoyeon, Jessica wasn't one to stand up for herself. She didn't have the confidence to. What if they sneered at her? What if they refused to listen? What if... 

"Hello miss? Hello? HELLO!" Donghae yelled when he received no response from the girl in front of him. That last time he checked, he wasn't transparent yet... Jessica finally snapped out from her trance and stole a glimpse at Donghae before lowering her head again. He was so striking, she couldn't bear to look at him directly in the eye. Donghae was frazzled. Hey, was he really that unattractive that the girl couldn't even bear to look at him? If that was really the case, then his mother had been lying to him for the whole of his life! 

"I'm so sorry for spilling my drink on you,  miss," he began, sincerity in his eyes, "How about we meet here tomorrow after school and I'll buy you a drink? Here, hand me your cell phone, I'll just key my digits in." 

Jessica bit her lips and kept quiet. She wasn't good at interacting with strangers. Her best friend Hyo had known her for all her life and she was the only person that Jessica opened up to. Receiving no response from Jessica again, Donghae grabbed a receipt from inside his pocket, wrote his number on it, and handed it to Jessica. 

"See you tomorrow!" 

Jessica stared at the piece of paper with Donghae's scrawls. Perhaps, just perhaps, she should give it a try... 

The next day, both Jessica and Dongahe turned up right on time at the drink salon. "What would you like?" Donghae asked, lowering his head to look at Jessica. "S...strawberry sm...smoothie," she managed to choke out, her face flushing. Donghae frowned slightly. This girl was terribly shy. Jessica caught sight of his from and mentally slapped herself. Damn. She was really horrible at this. 

However, the afternoon didn't turn out to be as horrible as what she expected. Donghae was naturally humorous and funny -- a definite mood lifter, soon she found  herself relaxing. Alright, maybe she wasn't that horrible yet. At least the guy didn't run away for her! After a lightening chat, the duo agreed to meet up again. 

"Donghae" 
"Jessica" 
"Friends?" 
"... Yeah, friends." 

The days flew by. In a blink of an eye's time, Jessica and Donghae had been friends for almost half a year. Through the days, Jessica felt herself changing. She gained mor confidence under Donghae's constant reassurances that she was a beautiful and great girl.

"Sica, relax, you're great," Donghae soothed when he saw Jessica fumbling with her fingers when they had awkward pauses in their conversations. Somehow, Donghae's words had a certain magic to them that made Jessica feel better about herself. She would never forget the day when she cracked a joke (successfully) in front of her classmates. Their eyes widened by an inch before roaring in laughter. "My Sicachu has grown up!" Hyoyeon exclaimed, patting Jessica on her back. Then, pulling her into a corner, Hyoyeon wriggled her eyebrows and asked, "So... When are you gonna let me meet this awesome Donghae?" 

Jessica could feel the heat rushing to her cheeks. She was fully aware that she had developed a huge crush on Donghae, but how would he like her back? She was just a plain Jane who was extremely shy and so unworthy of someone like him. He'll always be the shining star, whereas she was happy enough being a grain of sand. Noticing Jessica's melancholic expression, Hyoyeon rubbed her shoulders. Suddenly, she had an idea. Her dance partner, Eunhyuk was very close with Donghae right? Maybe she could... 

One week later, Jessica and Donghae were in the drink salon again, having their weekly chatting session. 

"Hey Sica, I realise you tend to but your straw when you're drinking something." Jessica looked down at her straw. She had never noticed it herself before. 

"Besides that, your shoelaces are always double-knotted." 
"You always swipe your hair to the left when it gets too hot." 
"You blow your fringe when you're frustrated." 
"You fumble with your fingers when you're nervous."
"Your eyes turn into crescents when you smile." 
"When you're sad, you'd order a hot drink. When you're happy, however, you'll order a strawberry smoothie." 

As Donghae continued rambling, Jessica couldn't help but feel surprised at Donghae's knowledge of her. Why, she didn't even realise she had these habits herself! 

"You kick your feet when you laugh." 
"You make me fall in love with you." 

At the last sentence, Jessica's head snapped up to see Donghae smiling warmly at her. 

"I'm in love with you, Jessica. I'm in love with you, and all your little things." 
"I'm not worthy of your love... You deserve someone bet--" 
"No Sica, listen to me. These little things of yours add up to you, and I love you for who you are. I don't want to love a girl who seems like the ideals match for me. I want to love you. You don't seem like my perfect match, because you are." 

Donghae's voice was soft and Jessica couldn't control the tears flowing down from her cheeks. Those were tears of happiness, tears that showed how touched she was by Donghae's little speech. 

"Thank you, I love you and your little things too." 

3 tables away, Hyoyeon and Eunhyuk screamed silently to themselves and slapped each other's backs. Their ship was sailing smoothly -- this little thing in life is definitely spazz worthy. 

 

 

 

Whew, I've finally managed to overcome my writer's block so I'm back updating this story again! I'll try to clear all the requests ASAP but you guys can continue to request! I know some of our girls are already dating, but since this is just for our own entertainment, you guys can continue to request for your favourite otps and I'll continue writing about them! Once agan, sorry for the long hiatus and please continue to support this songfic collection! :D