Chapter 2

To Protect...or Die to Protect

Everyone gasped and they stepped back, even Eric. The looked at each other, and then back at Yi Eun. There is only one person in California that has that name, and it’s Prince Wang Ka Yee. But, why is Yi Eun by himself? And why is he hurt?

Eric sighed and said, “You are Prince Wang’s brother?”

Yi Eun nodded and said, “Yes, I am.”

Suddenly all of Shinhwa bowed to Yi Eun. Yi Eun’s eyes went wide and he tried to get Eric to stand back up and said, “No. Don’t do that. I’m not fit to have someone do things like this.”

Dongwan spoke, “So, if you’re Prince Wang’s brother, why do you look like that? And where is Prince Wang?”

Yi Eun sighed and said, “I’m not sure where he is. He told me that he was going to find something to help me. As for why I look this way, I’m....I was a slave.”

Andy said, “Someone kept a royal a slave? That calls for life in prison.”

Yi Eun shook his head and said, “No. It’s what I am. I was created to do that.”

Hyesung said, “What do you mean you were created?”

Yi Eun sighed and said, “I am an experiment. My creator wanted to create beings that could become slaves to him, and do his bidding. I was kidnapped by some people when I was a kid, and experimented on.”

Jun Jin spoke up, “While you were there, were there other people like you?”

Yi Eun nodded and said, “Yes. There were four others that were experimented on as well.”

Jun Jin said, “By any chance, do you remember the others names?”

Yi Eun thought about it and said, “Choi Youngjae, Jeon Jungkook, Kim Namjoon, and Park Jinyoung.”

Jun Jin’s eyes went wide and said, “Jinyoung? . Of all the people, it had to be Jinyoung.”

Dongwan sighed and said, “What I’m worried about is the other two: Jungkook, and Namjoon. They are from a gang we know called BTS. Jungkook is their maknae and Namjoon is their leader, but I’m figuring they’ve got a new leader, while the other one is going through hell.”

Eric said, “, BTS is a bad gang. But, they have helped us in the past. We should at least help them out with getting their guys back.”

Suddenly, they heard someone behind them and they turned to see Jaebum. He said, “You said Youngjae is in the facility? Eric we need to get him out of there.”

Eric nodded and said, “I know. We have to come up with a plan, but I have a feeling we’ll need to bring in BTS in order for it to work.”

Meanwhile, back at the laboratory, a man was walking down the hallway. He checked each and every room and saw the people in there either sleeping, pounding on the doors, or cowering in the corner. He stopped in front of a door and looked in. He noticed the young man in there was sitting on the bed and rocking himself back and forth. He looked at the chart that was hanging next to the door.

Park, Jin Young

Name: Park Jin Young
Age: 22
Hair: dark brown
Eyes: brown
Height: 178 cm (5’8”)
Weight: 63 kg (138lbs)
Family: Choongjae (older brother), Jimin (younger brother)

The doctor looked through the window again and stared at Jin Young. Then he continued to walk down the hallway, until he got to a door that was opened. He walked over and saw a maid cleaning the room.

The doctor said, “Was this Yi Eun’s room?”

The maid stood up and nodded saying, “Yes. He was taken yesterday. I was ordered to clean the room for the next occupant.”

The doctor nodded and said, “Okay.” He walked away and left the maid with her job of cleaning the room.

The doctor walked out of the hallway and into his office. He sat down on the chair and looked at the papers that were in front of him. He heard a knock on the door and called the person to enter. In walked some men and a woman.

The doctor said, “Ah, Yongguk, so nice to see you.”

Bang Yongguk, a ruthless assassin that is famous for bringing down many important people, and hunting shapeshifters, and other creatures. Him and his team are always hired to get the jobs done, and the police can’t pinpoint any of the deaths to Yongguk and his team.

Yongguk said, “I was told there was a job that needs to be done.”

The doctor nodded and handed Yongguk a folder. The name read:

Wang, Yi Eun.

Yongguk opened the file and scanned the contents. He looked over at the doctor and said, “He’s a shapeshifter?”

The doctor nodded and said, “Not just any shapeshifter. He can change into a cat.”

Yongguk nodded and said, “I see. Yi Eun. That doesn’t sound like a Korean name.”

The doctor shook his head and said, “No. He’s Chinese.”

Yongguk looked at the file and said, “There’s not much about him in the file.”

The doctor sighed and said, “No. We didn’t have him long enough to find out more about him.”

Yongguk said, “Oh? What happened?”

The doctor growled and said, “He was broken out by another person. They found out where he is, and they broke him out of the facility.”

Yongguk chuckled and said, “I guess your facility isn’t as lock proof as you imagined.”

The doctor said, “The other four were not so lucky to be broken out of. They are still in their cells.”

Yongguk looked at the doctor and said, “There’s more?”

The doctor nodded and said, “Three dogs, and a cat.”

Yongguk set the file down and looked at the doctor as he said, “Do we know who broke the cat out?”

The doctor shook his head and said, “I checked surveillance, but all it shows is someone coming in wearing a black cloak. They never showed their face.”

Yongguk nodded and said, “The person that took the cat must’ve known the layout of the facility. Did you have any visitors lately?”

The doctor shook his head and then said, “Wait. We did. Prince Ka Yee came here and wanted to see the facility.”

Yongguk said, “Prince Ka Yee? Isn’t he of the Wang family?”

The doctor nodded and said, “Yes he is.”

Yongguk looked at the file and said, “Wang Yi Eun.” He looks at the doctor and says, “Could this Yi Eun be related to Prince Ka Yee?”

The doctor shook his head and said, “I doubt it. Yi Eun was abandoned by his mother when he was an infant. We found him and brought him to the facility. When he grew up, that’s when we found out he is a cat shifter.”

Yongguk nodded and then he looked over and saw the woman. He motioned for her to come back the desk. She had the perfect body. Pale skin. Her outfit was very y, and didn’t leave much for the imagination. She had a mask on. Yongguk had her take it off, and the doctor gasped. She had the most beautiful face. She was pale in the face, blood red lips, and purple eyes.

Yongguk looked at the doctor and said, “This is Tobi. She is an expert assassin. She has been on many missions with me. She is one not to cross.”

The doctor said, “Is she good?”

Yongguk looked at the doctor and said, “She’s the best. Remember the mission you gave me looking for the U-Kiss vampires?”

The doctor nodded and said, “Yes. They were all killed.”

Yongguk nodded and said, “Exactly. Tobi, along with me and my team dealt with their killing.”

The doctor nodded and said, “Okay. If you think she can do this job, then you, Tobi, and your team can leave and look for that cat.”

Yongguk said, “The question is, Yi Eun alive, or dead?”

The doctor said, “Preferably alive. But, if he comes back dead, oh well.”

Yongguk nodded and said, “I want to get my team prepared before we head out. Where was he last seen?”

The doctor said, “From what I heard, he ran with the stranger towards the forest in Los Angeles. He had shackles still on his wrists. I’m figuring that he hasn’t come back, that someone would’ve taken the shackles off. So, be prepared. He doesn’t fight much, but whoever he’s with, is going to protect the cat.”

Yongguk nodded and said, “We’ll take care of it.”

The doctor watched as Yongguk, his team, and Tobi walked out of the office. The doctor breathed out a sigh. He never liked Yongguk because of the way he kills, but he’s the best assassin there is. He gets the job done with no questions asked. Though he’s a little concerned about Tobi. But, if Yongguk says that she’s good, he hopes she is. He wants Yi Eun back.

Back at the Shinhwa mansion,

There was a knock on the office door, and Eric told the person to enter. Shinhwa looked up and saw five men walk in. They were BTS. They bowed to Shinhwa, and Shinhwa just nodded.

The man that walked toward Shinhwa had pink hair, named Yoongi. He looked at Eric and said, “You called us?”

Eric stood up and said, “Yes, I did. I wanted to inform you that we found out the whereabouts of your leader and maknae.”

BTS looked at each other and the oldest in the group, named Seokjin said, “You found them? How is the maknae?”

Andy walked over to BTS and said, “We don’t know. We were told by someone who was in the place they are being held at.”

A shorter man, named Jimin walked over and said, “Wait, the person left our leader and maknae at wherever he was at?”

Andy sighed and said, “Yes.”

Jimin said, “I want to meet this person.”

Eric sighed and said, “Unfortunately I can’t do that.”

Taehyung walked over and said, “Why not? If he was able to escape, maybe the others can escape. He should’ve at least helped the others.”

Andy said, “You don’t understand....”

One of the other men leaning against the wall said, “Why not let us figure it out? Let us question him.”

Andy shook his head and said, “No. It will be too stressful for him.”

Seokjin said, “Let us talk to him.”

Andy looked at Eric, and Eric sighed as he nodded to Andy. Andy walked out of the room.

Eric looked at BTS and said, “I just want you to understand something. This man you want to speak too, has hardly said a word. He’s been tortured, beaten, whipped, neglected, and malnourished. He’s also very stressed out, not to mention scared around people. You are to be respectful to him.”

Jimin rolled his eyes and paced around the room. They waited for about an hour, until they heard the door open. They turned to see Andy walk in. He turned around and gently brought in Yi Eun. They saw Andy holding onto Yi Eun’s hand gently as he spoke softly to him as he walked him past the BTS group. He walked over to Eric’s desk and had Yi Eun stand in front of BTS. Minwoo stood up and walked over to the other side of Yi Eun. Since Yi Eun was brought to the house, both Andy and Minwoo have been very protective over Yi Eun.

Jimin pointed and said, “Is this him?”

Andy nodded and said, “Yes. His name is Yi Eun.”

Jimin narrowed his eyes as he looked at Yi Eun who had his head down and looking at the floor. Jimin walked over but stopped quickly when Minwoo held his hand out to stop Jimin from coming any closer.

Minwoo said, “Yi Eun doesn’t like being around people. He’s scared and he’s only got used to us a while ago. We don’t want anything to happen to Yi Eun.”

Jimin sighed and said, “Yi Eun. Lift your head.”

When Yi Eun didn’t move, Jimin said it again, “Yi Eun! Lift your head!”

Yi Eun flinched when Jimin raised his voice. Andy leaned over and said something in Yi Eun’s ear. Yi Eun sighed and slowly lifted his head. BTS gasped at how handsome Yi Eun looked, but they noticed the empty sad eyes of Yi Eun.

Jimin said, “You knew there are others like you?”

Yi Eun nodded and said, “Yes.”

Jimin said, “Then why didn’t you try to save them?”

Yi Eun looked at Jimin and at the others and said, “I couldn’t.”

Jimin crossed his arms over his chest and said, “You couldn’t, or wouldn’t?”

Yi Eun’s eyes widened and said, “I...I would’ve helped...but I couldn’t. Believe me.”

Andy looked at Jimin and said, “Jimin, let up will you?”

Jimin shook his head and pointed at Yi Eun and said, “It’s because of him, that our leader and maknae could be tortured or killed.”

Tears filled Yi Eun’s eyes and he said, “I...I’m sorry! Please, I didn’t know what else to do.”

Suddenly, Yi Eun ran out of the room surprising Shinhwa and BTS. Yi Eun, was running toward the stairs when he felt a hand on his arm. He was turned around and he saw Seokjin.

Yi Eun cried out and struggled again Seokjin, “I’m sorry, please. I couldn’t do anything. Please, let me go. Don’t hit me.” Seokjin was desperately trying to keep his hold on Yi Eun. His heart ached as he watched the tears run down Yi Eun’s cheeks.

Yi Eun shrieked, and suddenly Seokjin looked to see cat ears come upon Yi Eun’s head. Yi Eun could feel the ears appear and he saw the look on Seokjin’s face. He screamed and punched Seokjin in the face which caused Seokjin to release Yi Eun. Seokjin stood up and touched his lip which was bleeding. BTS and Shinhwa came in and saw Seokjin standing there.

Eric said, “Seokjin, what happened? Why are you bleeding?”

Seokjin said, “Um, he...hit me.”

Yoongi narrowed his eyes and said, “He HIT you? Where is he?”

Seokjin looked around and then at Shinhwa and said, “When were you going to tell us that he was a shapeshifter?”

BTS looked at Seokjin and then turned to look at Shinhwa. Eric said, “H..How did you know?”

Seokjin said, “Cat ears appeared on his head. What is going on?”

Eric sighed and said, “We’ll explain, but right now we have to find Yi Eun.”

For the next two hours, BTS, Shinhwa, and the help looked for Yi Eun. They couldn’t find him anywhere. But, everyone seemed to notice a tan cat under a dresser in an upstairs bedroom.

Everyone met in the living room and Eric said, “Okay, so no one found him? Damn, where could he be? I can’t believe that he left, but he just seemed to disappear.”

Just then Taehyung said, “Well, the only thing I saw was a cat under a dresser.”

Everyone nodded and said the same thing. Just then Andy stood up and face palmed himself. He started to leave the room when Eric called him. Andy turned around and looked as he said, “What is Yi Eun?”

Shinhwa looked at each other and said, “A shapeshifter?”

Andy said, “What kind of shapeshifter?”

Minwoo said, “A cat.”

Andy raised his eyebrows and said, “Shinhwa.doesn’t.own.a.cat.”

Suddenly, Shinhwa stood up quickly and they along with BTS all followed Andy upstairs and looked in each bedroom. There were about 15 bedrooms and they checked each one. Finally, the last room they checked was a guest bedroom. They walked in and looked around. Taehyung stooped down and then stood up. He pointed under the dresser.

Andy walked over and laid down and looked under the dresser. He saw the cat in the corner with its head down. Andy felt for the cat. He may not be able to see its eyes, but he could tell by the way the cat looked that it was sad.

Andy said, “Yi Eun, I know the cat is you. Please, come out.”

The cat didn’t move. Andy tried a few more times but the cat wouldn’t move. Finally, Eric had enough. The cat was going to come out whether he liked it or not. Eric motioned for Minwoo to follow him and they got on each side of the dresser and lifted it up. Andy watched as the cat’s head went up and it realized what was going on. The cat got up and darted out from under the dresser. The cat almost made it to the door, if Hoseok and Seokjin hadn’t grabbed him. The cat hissed, clawed, and tried to bite them, but they kept their arms out of reach. Seokjin held the cat by the scruff of the neck as he held the bottom part of the cat. He brought the cat over to Eric and Andy. Andy put the device on his palm again and ran it over the cat’s head. Suddenly, the cat howled and slowly the cat was turning into a human.

When the cat turned back into a human, they noticed he was . BTS was shocked as they looked at Yi Eun’s back and saw the angry whip marks from his time in the facility. Jimin felt bad for getting mad at Yi Eun.

Andy knelt down and touched Yi Eun’s shoulder. He felt Yi Eun flinch and he helped Yi Eun to stand, but Yi Eun knelt down in front of BTS and put his forehead to the floor. BTS looked at Shinhwa and all they could do was shrug. Then they heard it.

“P...Please forgive me. I couldn’t help them. I didn’t want to leave them, but I had too. I’m sorry for striking you. I will take whatever punishment you give.” They heard the shaky words come out of Yi Eun’s mouth.

Andy knelt down to Yi Eun and said, “Yi Eun, what are you doing? Don’t do this.”

Yi Eun didn’t move and said, “I have too. I am in trouble for striking someone. I deserve whatever punishment they give.”

Andy looked up at BTS with worry in his eyes. He saw Seokjin walk over and kneel down next to Yi Eun. He softly rubbed the back of Yi Eun’s neck and said, “Yi Eun, please. Don’t do this. It was my fault for holding you too tightly. I’m not going to punish you.”

Yi Eun bit his bottom lip and then said, “Why not? I hurt you. I’m not a good slave. I deserve the punishment.”

Seokjin sighed and he along with Andy helped Yi Eun to sit up. Minwoo went and got a robe and put it on Yi Eun and tied it. Seokjin looks at Yi Eun and said, “You are not a slave. You were hurt badly and now you’re free. We are just upset because our friends are being held and we can’t help them. As for the punishment. We won’t do anything to you. You’ve been through enough.”

Yi Eun’s eyes watered and he said, “Really? You’re not going to beat me?”

Seokjin shook his head and said, “No. We are not.”

Then Hoseok said, “Though you do look pretty cute with those cat ears.”

Yi Eun put his hands on top of his head and felt the ears. He cried out and covered his head with his hands. He kept saying, “I’m sorry. I’m sorry. I’m sorry.”

Seokjin chuckled and removed his hands and touched the ears causing them to move, but it also caused Yi Eun to jerk away. Seokjin touched Yi Eun’s face gently and said, “You don’t have anything to be sorry for. We are the ones sorry.”

Seokjin stood up and helped Yi Eun to stand up and he suddenly pulled Yi Eun against his chest and wrapped his arms around Yi Eun’s back. Yi Eun didn’t know what to do. He just stood there with a look of confusion on his face. When Seokjin the back of Yi Eun’s neck, Yi Eun wrapped his arms around Seokjin and laid his head on Seokjin’s shoulder.

Hyesung chuckled and said, “Well, I guess it’s true, that the power of motherly love can calm the savage beast, and the tenderness of hearts.”

Seokjin pulled YI Eun away from him and wiped the tears from Yi Eun’s eyes and cheeks and said, “You shouldn’t cry. It doesn’t look good on you.”

The other BTS members chuckled when they saw Yi Eun’s face heat up. Then, Eric said, “Yi Eun, what happened to make you change into a cat?”

Yi Eun turned around and looked at Eric. He felt two hands wrap around his stomach and a chin on his shoulder and knew it was Seokjin. Yi Eun shrugged and said, “I don’t know. I guess if I get too worked up, I change into a cat. I am sorry, Eric.”

Eric waved him off and said, “Don’t worry about it. At least, now we know that you will change if your mood changes too drastically.”

Seokjin sighed and said, “I like him. Can we take him?”

Yi Eun’s eyes widened and he looked over at Eric and Andy.

 

To be continued...

 

Author’s Note...

So what did you think of this chapter? BTS meets Yi Eun. Shinhwa finds out that Yi Eun is Ka Yee’s brother. But, we still haven’t seen Ka Yee yet. The doctor hired B.A.P and a female assassin to find Yi Eun and either kill him or kidnap him.

BTS finds out that Yi Eun left Namjoon and Jungkook back at the facility. And we also find out that if Yi Eun’s mood changes drastically he’ll change into a cat. Cute.

Even though BTS are bad they are very tender hearted towards friends, loved ones, and people who have been hurt by the wrong people. They are destined to protect Yi Eun.

 

If you like the story so far please...

                                  SUBSCRIBE...COMMENT...UPVOTE