Chapter 14

To Protect...or Die to Protect

Shinhwa Mansion…

The next morning, the sunlight shone through the windows and fell on the sleeping face of Jackson. He yawned and opened his eyes as he looked at the window. He sighed as he sat up and looked around the room. He stretched and then scratched the back of his head, when he remembered what he did last night. He jumped up and got a night shirt on and ran out of the bedroom and down the stairs. He found Jin and Yongguk in the kitchen. They turned to look at him in surprise.

Jin smiled and said, “Good morning, Jackson.”

Jackson smiled and said, “Um, good morning.”

Yongguk walked toward him and said, “Is there something wrong?”

Jackson bit his bottom lip and said, “Where is everyone else?”

Jin said, “Shinhwa had to go out, so BTS and B.A.P decided to stay here. Is there something wrong?”

Jackson sighed and said, “I’m not sure.” Then he looked at Yongguk and said, “Where is Jongup?”

Now Yongguk was surprised that Jackson would ask for Jongup. He said, “Um, he’s in the den with Joonhong.”

Jackson nodded and walked out of the kitchen and into the den. He found Jongup talking to Joonhong.

Yongguk looked at Jin and they both ran out of the kitchen and into the den just as they saw Jackson walk over to Jongup. They stood back wondering if Jackson wanted to speak to Jongup alone.

Jackson walked over to Jongup and said, “Hey, can I speak to you alone?”

Jongup looked up and said, “Sure. Be back Joonhong.”

Joonhong nodded and said, “Okay, hyung.”

Jackson and Jongup walked out of the den through a door in the back. Jin and Yongguk looked at each other again, and decided to follow them. They found Jackson and Jongup near a tree and they kept themselves hidden behind the house as they listened.

Jackson said, “So, I did what you told me last night.”

Jongup said, “What do you mean?”

Jackson said, “About the sibling telepathy? It works.”

Jongup’s eyes went wide and said, “Really? Are you sure?”

Jackson nodded and ran his fingers through his hair and said, “Yes, I’m sure. I talked to Mark last night.”

Jongup said, “Oh man. I thought sibling telepathy was not real. So, what did Mark say?”

Jackson leaned against the tree and said, “He was being held somewhere that is REALLY cold. He said something about a train whistle not far from where he was, and a plane flying low over where he is.”

Jongup nodded and said, “Ah, I see. Why are you telling me?”

Jackson said, “You told me about it last night, and I decided to try it out. I couldn’t believe it. I was so happy to finally hear my brother. But, it was short. Apparently while we were talking, someone came into the room that Mark was in, so I lost contact with him. I’m going to try again later today, and see where he is and what has happened since I talked to him last night.”

Jongup smiled and said, “It’s nice to hear that Mark is still alive.”

Jackson nodded and said, “Yeah, but he doesn’t need to be in the living conditions that he’s currently in. I don’t like it that he’s being held in somewhere freezing.”

Jongup nodded and said, “Well, we should let the Shinhwa hyungs know about this.”

Jackson bit his bottom lip and said, “I was thinking of doing this on my own.”

Jongup’s eyes went wide and he said, “What? Are you out of your mind? You don’t know where he is, or who is there. You could end up getting yourself killed.”

Jackson sighed and said, “Well, it’s the price I have to pay to get my brother back.”

Jongup sighed and said, “Jackson, you don’t see that by doing this, you could make Mark VERY sad.”

Jackson said, “Why is that?”

Jongup said, “Because if you get killed, Mark will be on his own, and it will not help his situation.”

Jackson sighed and tried to process what Jongup said. It is true that if he was to get killed trying to get Mark free, that Mark could become REALLY depressed.

Jongup said, “Mark loves you very much. Don’t make him sad, Jackson. He needs you more now than ever before. Wait till the Shinhwa hyungs come back and then we’ll talk about it.”

Jackson nodded and said, “Yeah, I guess you’re right.”

Jongup nodded and said, “Well, I’m happy you got to talk to Mark. I have to get back to Joonhong. Talk to you later.”

Jackson watched as Jongup walked back into the house. Jin and Yongguk were still hiding as they watched Jackson closely. They wondered what he was going to do now that they knew the conversation between Jongup and Jackson.

They watched as Jackson walked back into the house. Jin and Yongguk looked at each other and Jin said, “Yongguk hyung, I don’t know about Jackson. He could end up doing something that he’ll regret later.”

Yongguk nodded and said, “I hear ya. Let’s wait and see what happens and then we’ll tell the Shinhwa hyungs about it.”

Jin nodded and they walked back into the house. For, the next two hours, B.A.P and BTS were busy talking about how to get Mark and others free. Just then the front door opened and everyone looked over to see Shinhwa walk in.

Eric smiled and said, “Hey, what’s up guys?”

They all bowed to Shinhwa and then sat back down. Eric sat on the couch and said, “What’s going on?”

Jin said, “We were just discussing on how to get Mark free from Block B, and the others free from the Federation.”

Eric said, “Well, Block B will be easy to get Mark out of, it’s just the Federation would be a little more difficult.”

Jackson had walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. He saw Joonhong sitting in the chair and staring at the table. He went over to get a glass when he stopped and he thought about what Jongup up said about Joonhong being an android. He walked over and sat down in the chair across from Joonhong.

Jackson cleared his throat and said, “Joonhong?”

Joonhong made not motion, and just continued to stare. Jackson again said, “Joonhong, hello?” Jackson was waving his hand in front of Joonhong’s face when suddenly Joonhong grabbed Jackson’s wrist it a tight grasp causing him to cry out in pain.

Joonhong looked at Jackson with a look of anger. Jackson smiled and said, “Joonhong, hi. Can you let me go?”

Joonhong let Jackson go and said, “What do you want?”

Jackson rubbed his wrist and he said, “I wanted to talk to you.”

Joonhong said, “Why? You can talk to any of the other hyungs.”

Jackson nodded and said, “Yeah, we can. But, I want to talk to you.”

Joonhong cocked his head to the side and said, “Why?”

Jackson said, “I heard something about you, that made me puzzled.”

Joonhong said, “What did you hear?”

Jackson said, “I heard you are an android, created by Yongguk. Right?”

Joonhong’s eyes went wide and he said, “Where did you hear that?”

Jackson smirked and said, “A little birdy told me. You’re an android, right?”

Joonhong sighed and nodded saying, “Yes, I am. Yongguk hyung created me a few years ago, why?”

Jackson said, “Well, I heard that you don’t get to do anything because you’re an android and you want to show what you can do, right?”

Joonhong nodded and said, “Yeah, but Yongguk hyung said that I’m too precious. He doesn’t want me to do something that could harm me.”

Jackson nodded and said, “Do, you want to try something that could show Yongguk that you don’t need him by your side all the time?”

Joonhong said, “Um, I guess. What is it?”

Jackson smiled and said, “Don’t tell anyone about what we talked about. I’m going to find out more information on where we are going and then you and I can go there, and you can show your hyung that you are grown enough.”

Jackson stood up and walked out of the kitchen, making Joonhong ponder over what Jackson wants him to do.

Jackson walks into the den and finds BTS, Shinhwa, B.A.P, Yugyeom, and Jaebum all in there sitting. Jongup spoke up and said, “Jackson hyung, why don’t you tell them what you told me about where Mark hyung is?”

Jackson grit his teeth, he didn’t want anyone else to know about what he did. He sighed and sat down on a chair and said, “Well, Jongup was the one that told me about it. So, I went with it. Apparently there is a thing called Sibling Telepathy. I’m not sure if it is real or not. But, I tried it out and I was able to communicate with Mark. He said that he was in a freezer like room, and that he was cold. He could hear a train not too far away, and a plane flying low.”

Jongup walked over and laid out a map of South Korea, and said, “If we are safe to say that Mark IS in Busan then he wouldn’t be too far from the Gimhae Airport, and Metro station.”

They looked and map and Jackson said, “Who here is from Busan?”

Daehyun and Jimin both raised their hands.

Jackson said, “Okay, would you be able to figure out where they might be holding Mark?”

Daehyun and Jimin looked at each other and then back at the map and Daehyun said, “Well, there are a few abandoned houses around. Jimin and I could look around there and see if anything pops up.”

Eric nodded and said, “That could work, as seeing you both know more about Busan than the rest of us. But, be careful. We don’t need either of you to be picked up by the Federation.”

Jimin nodded and said, “Don’t worry hyung, we’ll be extra careful.”

Eric decided that they would sleep tonight, and have Jimin and Daehyun go out to Busan the next morning. Later that night, as everyone was sleeping peacefully in their beds. It was silent in the house, except for some movement coming down the stairs. A figure in black silently walked down the stairs and over the kitchen. There on the floor was another figure in black.

The first figure walked over and touched the other figures chest. Eyes opened and looked at the person who was bent over.

The figure on the floor whispered, “Jackson hyung, what are you doing up?”

Jackson pulled a mask down and said, “Come on, Joonhong, we are leaving.”

Joonhong said, “But, hyung, we can’t leave.”

Jackson said, “Didn’t we talk about this yesterday? I’m not going to sit around and wait for Jimin and Daehyun to find out where Mark is. And you being an android can keep me safe. Now, unplug yourself, and let’s go before anyone else gets up.”

Joonhong sighed and reached behind him and took the plug out from his back. The opening that the plug was in, closed up. Joonhong stood up and he said, “Well, I hope you know what to say when Yongguk hyung finds out that I’m gone with you.”

Jackson shook his head and said, “Don’t worry about that. He won’t be upset at you. He’ll want to deck me though, but right now, Mark is on my mind. So, come on.”

Joonhong sighed and walked with Jackson, toward the front door. Jackson said, “Can you disarm the security system?”

Joonhong nodded and aimed his hand over the security system and a code came up. He pressed the code and the security system was disarmed. They walked out the front door and Jackson made sure to keep the door locked as he looked around again and then closed the door silently. They made their way down the driveway and walked away from the house. They had to get to a train station or a bus station in order to get to Busan.

It was eight hours later, when everyone woke up. Jongup walked downstairs to see how Joonhong was doing. As he walked into the kitchen he notices the plug was sitting on the floor, but no Joonhong. He walked around the house, and then walked back upstairs. He sighed and knocked on a door and a gruff voice spoke.

Jongup opened the door and said, “Yongguk hyung, is Joonhong in here?”

Yongguk shook his head and said, “No. If I remember correctly, he was down in the kitchen getting charged. Why?”

Jongup bit his bottom lip and said, “Well, the plug is in the kitchen, but Joonhong is nowhere in the house.”

Yongguk stood up and quickly got dressed. Jongup and Yongguk ran around the house and sure enough, Joonhong was NOT in the house.

The other people in the house woke up and walked down the stairs. Yongguk looked at them and said, “We have a problem.”

Dongwan said, “What’s wrong?”

Yongguk said, “Joonhong is gone. I have no idea where he is.”

Dongwan said, “He’s somewhere in the house.”

Yongguk shook his head and said, “No. Jongup and I looked around.”

Andy walked down the stairs and said, “Jackson is gone.”

Yongguk and Jongup looked at each other and then back at Andy.

Andy had a folded piece of paper and he said, “Jackson left a note though. It says,

‘I’m sorry that I have to do this to you, but I can’t sit around
and wait for someone to find out where Mark is. He is my
responsibility and I think it’s only fair that I go out and look for
him. Please, do not come looking for us, as we might be in some
trouble, or possibly dead.
Yongguk hyung, I want to apologize to you for taking Joonhong
with me. As seeing he’s an android, he can keep me safe, and also
figure out how to find Mark.
Thank you to everyone who has kept Mark safe and wanted to keep
him happy. I will try and get Mark safely back, even if it kills me.’

Jackson “Ka Yee” Wang

Shinhwa and BTS were not happy that Jackson ran out on them. Eric walked over and saw the security system was deactivated. Then, he walked back over to Yongguk and said, “When were you going to tell us that Joonhong was an android?”

Yongguk sighed and glared at Jongup as he said, “I wasn’t going too. The secret of Joonhong being an android wasn’t supposed to be told. But, apparently, someone needed to tell the secret.”

Jongup sighed and said, “I’m sorry hyung, but Jackson hyung was pressuring me and I had to tell him.”

Just then they heard the voice of Jea. She walked in and said, “Why don’t we have some breakfast before you start your day. Can one of you wake Master Jackson and Master Joonhong, please?”

Andy bit his bottom lip and said, “Um, Joonhong and Jackson are not here.”

Jea said, “They’re not here, what do you mean? They were here yesterday.”

Andy nodded and said, “Yeah, they were. But, this morning, while everyone was sleeping, Jackson and Joonhong slipped out.”

Jea put her hands on her hips and said, “I knew that Master Jackson was just like Master Mark. Doesn’t he know that he could get himself killed?”

Eric shrugged and said, “I’m not sure. But, all I do know is that Jackson and Joonhong are out there and unprotected.”

Jea said, “Well, when you do find them, I’m going to have a nice long talk with Masters Jackson and Joonhong.”

Shinhwa and BTS looked at each other knowing that Jackson will find it VERY hard to be around Jea when she gets into her motherly role.

Eric said, “Okay, now instead of looking for Mark, we’re on the search for Jackson and Joonhong as well. Be on the lookout for them. They might even try to evade you at all cost.”

Jin spoke up and said, “Eric hyung, I think Yongguk hyung and I need to tell you something.”

Eric looked at them and said, “Okay, what’s up?”

Jin sighed and said, “I want to say sorry that this is a little late, but Yongguk hyung and I found out that Jackson was trying to find Mark on his own.”

Eric looked at Jin and Yongguk and said, “Really? How did you find out?”

Yongguk said, “We overheard him and Jongup talking. Jongup was trying to keep Jackson from doing anything, but he’s not thinking right. I’m sorry hyung.”

Eric narrowed his eyes at both of them and said, “I aught to club both of you in the head for not telling me this sooner.”

Hyesung walked over to Jin and Yongguk and said, “Well, we aren’t going to do that, are we, Eric hyung?”

Eric sighed and knew that once Hyesung got in the middle, the conversation is over with. Eric nodded and said, “Yes. I’m not going to do that. But, you both will have to do extra duties in order to make up for what you didn’t tell me.”

Jin and Yongguk nodded and bowed.

Eric got up and walked out of the den. Jin looked at everyone and said, “Eric hyung is mad at us.”

Hyesung walked over and shook his head as he said, “No he’s not. This got to him. He’ll be fine later today.”

Hyesung walked out of the den and went in search of Eric. He found him outside looking up at the night sky full of bright twinkling stars. Hyesung sighed and was about to walk away when he heard the unmistakable sound of a gun being cocked. He looked around and before he could call Eric, a shot was fired and Hyesung’s eyes went wide as he saw Eric fall to the ground right in front of his eyes. He looked around where the person was, and he saw the glass door in front of him shatter as a bullet went through. Hyesung felt pain in his chest. He looked down and saw blood starting to seep through the shirt. He fell to his knees as he groaned from the pain. He looked up and saw a black figure standing in front of the doorway with a gun in their hand. Hyesung coughed up blood as he stared at the figure. His eyes went wide when he saw the figure aim their gun at Hyesung. Hyesung looked behind at Eric’s crumbled form, and then back up at the figure. The figure cocked the gun again as Hyesung closed his eyes, then...

 

BANG!!!

 

To be continued...

Author’s Note:

Sorry it’s been a while since I last updated. Been busy with school and work. Anyway, I’m glad that I was able to update this time. So, what did you think of the chapter? Is Hyesung and Eric dead?

So, we know that Jackson found out Joonhong is an android, and he took him out at night to look for Mark.

Daehyun and Jimin are both from Busan. They were trying to figure out where Mark was being kept.

Eric was pissed that Jin and Yongguk kept the secret meeting between Jongup and Jackson. But, decided to have some time for himself outside, and then he got shot. Hyesung came to check up on him and got shot in the process. The figure aimed the gun at Hyesung, is he dead?

 

If you like this story so far, please...

 

                                         SUBSCRIBE...COMMENT...UPVOTE!!!