Chapter 20 - Final

To Protect...or Die to Protect

Four years later...

Things have been quiet after the princes left. But, of course that wouldn’t last long. Shinhwa eventually had to deal with some gangs coming into Seoul and trying to screw everything up. But, they were able to get rid of the new gang, Super Junior. But, after that gang, came other gangs. Of course, BTS, B.A.P and a new gang called GOT7 all helped in keeping Seoul safe with Shinhwa.

Andy and Jin still think about Mark, but now they have their duties, they can’t sit and reminisce about the past.

One day, Shinhwa got a letter. Andy opened it and saw that it was from Jackson. It pretty much stated that both he and Mark were ready to leave and come back to Korea. They wanted to see their friends and wondered if they could make it to China.

Eric nodded and said, “I think that could be arranged.” He looked over at BTS and they nodded as well. Shinhwa and BTS took a flight to China to rescue their charges.

In Hong Kong...

It was quiet as people were enjoying the day out. Many were buying things at the vendors and talking. The day was sunny with hardly any clouds. Just then there was shouting. Everyone turned to see and a young boy run past them, then another boy run past them. They saw a bunch of other guys running after the boys. The people started to laugh because they know what was going on.

The one boy behind the other says, “MARK! COME ON! IT’S JUST A BATH! YOU CAN’T KEEP RUNNING AWAY EVERY TIME! STOP!”

Mark just kept running. He put on full speed and made sure he kept his distance from Jackson. Jackson suddenly stopped and waved to the men behind him. He watched as Mark kept running. Mark looked behind him to see Jackson has stopped running after him, but he wasn’t looking where he was going.

Suddenly, Mark found himself picked up and thrown over a shoulder and looking down at the ground. Mark cried out and struggled to be free when he yelped as he felt a smack on his backside. He looked up and was shocked to see the other Shinhwa members and BTS. He realized that Eric was carrying him.

Andy shook his head and said, “Tsk tsk, Mark. You are still a trouble maker.”

Eric walked over and shook hands with Jackson as he said, “Hello Jackson.”

Jackson smiled as he said, “You guys made it just in time.”

Minwoo spoke up and said, “So, what’s with Mark running away from you?”

Jackson sighed and said, “He is supposed to take a bath, but he doesn’t want too.”

Mark sighed and said, “I don’t like baths. I don’t want to take a bath.” He pouted.

Jin laughed and pointed as he said, “Doesn’t Mark look cute pouting?”

Mark struggled again and said, “Eric, let me down. I can walk.”

Eric sighed and said, “No can do. I don’t mind carrying you. You seem to be very light weight. Not to mention it will keep you out of trouble.”

They walked down the streets while people were chuckling as they watched Mark being carried back to the palace. The guards opened the gates and they all walked in.

Yunho and Jaejoong walked out and met them.

Jaejoong put his hands on his hips when he saw Eric carrying Mark. Eric set Mark down and Jaejoong grabbed Mark’s ear and pulled him over to him.

Jaejoong said, “Yi Eun, how many times did I tell you not to go running off? If Shinhwa was not here, you could’ve gotten hurt.”

Jaejoong looked up and said, “Thank you for bringing him back.”

Eric smiled and said, “No problem. We figured there was a reason.”

Jackson said, “He’s a cat hybrid. Cats hate water.”

Jaejoong said, “Why don’t you all come in? Yi Eun, you go take a bath or you’ll be in trouble.”

Jackson took Mark’s arm and led him to one of the bathing rooms.

They walked into the palace and sat down. Jaejoong smiled and said, “It’s good to see you all here. What has been going on since the last time we saw you?”

Eric proceeded to explain about the other gangs and BTS, GOT7, and B.A.P are now helping to keep Seoul safe.

Hoseok looks around and says, “Whatever happened to Junsu, Yoochun, and Changmin?”

Jaejoong said, “They all got married. They moved away from here.”

Jin said, “Really? Where did they move too?”

Yunho said, “Changmin and Junsu moved to Korea. Yoochun moved to America.”

Jaejoong said, “We are happy to see you, but why are you here?”

Andy looked at everyone and said, “I guess Jackson never told you. He sent us a letter. He wants to go back to Korea.”

Jaejoong and Yunho nodded and then Jaejoong said, “I take it Yi Eun is going back too.”

Minwoo said, “It’s hard to separate them. By the way, how was it with Mark?”

Jaejoong chuckled and said, “It’s too embarrassing to say. Yi Eun has spent many times in a room looking at a wall. He’s been such a trouble maker.”

Andy laughed and said, “Sounds like Mark.”

Jaejoong said, “Yi Eun has been very respectful to us, but we have seen him become very distant with us and even with Ka Yee.”

Jin said, “Really? Why?”

Jaejoong said, “I think it’s because we took him away from you. And Ka Yee wanted to come here. Even though my heart is heavy to see them go, I think it’s time for them to be on their own. We’ve gotten to know them in the four years that they were here.”

As they were talking they heard voices coming towards them and they were raising their voices. As they came through the doors they stopped. Jin stood up and put his hands on his hips. He motioned for them to come near.

Mark walked over to Jin. Jin sighed and took the towel that was around Mark’s neck and put it over Mark’s head. He started to dry Mark’s hair as he said, “Mark, you are going to be the death of us. Walking around with your hair all wet. What are we going to do with you?”

Jin lifted the towel as he looked at Mark. Mark said, “Nothing?”

Jin smirked and shook his head. He said, “You’re going to be coming with us, and you know what happens?”

Mark sighs and says, “What?”

Andy says, “Jia gets involved.”

Mark’s eyes went wide and he said, “Jia? Don’t tell Jia what has happened here.”

Jin put the towel back over Mark’s head and finished drying it. When he took it off he smoothed out Mark’s hair and then he said, “Um, Mark. Why does your hair seem lighter in color?”

Mark smiled and said, “Do you like it? Jackson colored it.”

Jin looked at Jackson and said, “You did?”

Jackson nodded and smiled as he said, “Of course. I wanted my little brother to look even more handsome than ever.”

Jin smiled and ran his fingers through Mark’s hair. Jin said, “So, I hear you’ve been giving your cousins trouble.”

Mark looked up in surprise and said, “I…I wasn’t…”

Jin said, “That’s not what Jaejoong hyung was telling us.”

Mark pouted and said, “I’m sorry.” He looked at the floor.

Jin sighed and he walked over and wrapped his arms around Mark and said, “Don’t worry. You’ll be happy back in Korea.”

Mark looked up at Jin and said, “I’m going back to Korea?”

Andy spoke, “Yeah. That’s the reason why we are here. Well, actually, Jackson was the one to tell us to come here.”

Mark looked over at Jackson and said, “Really? You asked for them to come here?”

Jackson nodded and said, “Yeah. You’ve been depressed for four years. I figured after four years, we could go back. It’s not like we are going to be the next ones in line for the throne anytime soon. So, do you want to go back?”

Mark looked at BTS and then at Shinhwa. Then, he walked over to Jaejoong and said, “I am sorry I was such a pain for the four years. I was still getting adjusted to having a family.”

Jaejoong smiled and stood up. He walked over and wrapped his arms around Mark as he said, “Aww, don’t pout. You weren’t really a pain. You were quiet most of the time. There were times I had to look in the house to see if you were still here. But, Yi Eun, I want you to be happy. If going to live with Shinhwa and BTS makes you happy, then go with them.”

Mark smiled and hugged Jaejoong. Jaejoong looked over at Shinhwa and Jin and said, “Oh and just so you know, tugging on Yi Eun’s ear makes him do what you ask him to do.”

Mark blushed and said, “Jaejoong gege. Don’t say that.”

Jaejoong laughed and then looked at them as he said, “Please take care of my little ones. They are very special to us and we don’t want to see anything happen to them…especially to my little Yi Eun.”

Mark blushed again and said, “Jaejoong gege, don’t do that.”

Jaejoong said, “Yi Eun. You and Ka Yee get your things ready. I think your new family wants to take you back to Korea where you belong.”

Ka Yee jumped around and laughed causing everyone else to laugh. He ran over and grabbed Yi Eun’s hand and they ran over to their rooms.

BTS and Shinhwa stood up. They bowed to Yunho and Jaejoong. Yunho said, “The only thing I want to say is watch over them and make sure they are happy and healthy. I also want them to keep in touch with us. We want to know what is going on with them. Especially, Yi Eun. He doesn’t talk much, but I want him included in a lot of your conversations.”

Andy nodded and said, “Don’t worry. We’ll include Mark in a LOT of our conversations. We already know he doesn’t speak much, so we’re used to it.”

Jaejoong sighed and said, “I feel like my babies are leaving me.”

Dongwan said, “Don’t worry. We’ll make sure they come and visit you when they are not busy with anything. We don’t want them to forget their family.”

Jaejoong smiled and nodded at Dongwan.

They heard voices and saw Mark and Jackson walk back with suitcases.

Jaejoong looks at Jin and says, “Just so you know, Yi Eun loves to curl up in a lap when he’s not feeling well, or he’s sad.”

Mark’s face turned red and he said, “GEGE! Don’t say that!”

Jin laughed and said, “We already know that.”

Jaejoong was surprised and said, “You do?”

Jin nodded and said, “Yeah. I did that to him a few times when he first was getting used to BTS. He blushes so much when you do it.”

Jaejoong looks at Mark and says, “I didn’t know about that. I’m curious as to see it.”

Mark started to take a few steps back and he bolted toward the door, but didn’t get far. His shirt was grabbed from behind and he was pulled back toward the sofas. Eric walked over to Jin, who was sitting on the sofa, and Eric forced Mark to sit on Jin’s lap. Jin immediately wrapped his arms around Mark holding him against his chest. Marks’ face blushed and he covered his face with his hands.

Jaejoong and Yunho laughed and Jaejoong said, “Well, I’ll be. The tiger can be tamed. Okay. Well, I think it’s time for you to go.”

Everyone stood in front of Jaejoong and Yunho. They bowed to them and walked out of the palace. Jackson and Mark stood in front of Jaejoong and Yunho and bowed to them. Jaejoong walked over and wrapped his arms around Mark and Jackson as he said, “I want you boys to be good. Listen to them and make sure you’re happy.” He pulled away as tears filled his eyes.

Jackson nodded and said, “Of course we will. We’ll come and see you when we can.”

Jackson went over and hugged Yunho before he ran over to the others who were waiting at the door. They turned to see Mark standing there.

Mark looked at Jaejoong and said, “I am sorry that I was difficult. It’s just with me being a hybrid and living in the facility…I never got the see what a family was like. Until BTS and Shinhwa showed up. Don’t think that I’m not grateful with what you both have done. I got to know a lot about you and my family. Also, about being a hybrid.” Tears filled Mark’s eyes as he looked at the floor and said, “Thank you.”

Jaejoong and Yunho walked over and wrapped their arms around Mark’s shoulders and Jaejoong said, “You are very welcome my little one. I was so happy to hear that you were still alive and healthy.” They pulled away and Jaejoong held Mark’s chin in his hand and said, “I want you to be happy. You deserve it with what you had to endure. Listen to your brother.” Jaejoong kissed Mark on the cheek.

Mark wiped his eyes and turned to walk toward the door.

When he reached the door, he stood there and looked at everyone. He turned and looked at Yunho and Jaejoong one last time. He walked outside and shut the door. Jin held out a hand and Mark took it. They got on the plane and finally walked back into the Shinhwa mansion.

Mark and Jackson ran up the stairs with their luggage and started to put their things away. Eric saw B.A.P and GOT7 standing there and bowing to them.

Eric said, “Well, it looks like it’s a good day. We got our charges back and everything is back to the way it’s supposed to be.”

Mark and Jackson ran down the stairs and ran toward the back door. Eric snickered until they heard a yelp and cry out from inside the kitchen.

They all ran over to see what was going on when they saw Jia holding onto Mark’s ear. He was on his knees grimacing with pain. They were listening to Jia scolding Mark with everything that has happened while he was living there.

Eric looked at the others and said, “Yep. Everything is the way it should be.”

 

The End.

 

Author’s Note:

 

What did you think of it? It was my first time making Mark a maknae to everyone. I’m always seeing him as the hyung, but there aren’t too many stories where Mark is the maknae. After this, I wouldn’t mind doing more stories like that.

 

If you liked the story, please….

 

 

                                                     SUBSCRIBE…COMMENT…UPVOTE!!!

 

________________________________________________________________

Thank you to everyone who has read the story and commented. Also, those that waited patiently for the next chapter. I'm sad to see the end of this story, but I might come up with other stories that involve Mark as a maknae, which I enjoy writing. So, who knows I might write one someday. I do have other stories that I need to get back too, but I wanted desperately to finish this one.

Again, thank you.