Chapter 17

To Protect...or Die to Protect

Zico stands there with a surprise on his face and s move backwards.

Zico says, “Jaebum and Yugyeom. So nice to see you guys here.”

Jaebum spoke, “Cut the bull, Zico. We are here to make sure that you give what BamBam is asking for. Now, why don’t you kindly allow us access into your house so that we can take Youngjae out of there?”

Zico grumbles and says, “Well, I can’t exactly have you come in. The house is being renovated and you could breathe in some harmful if you walk into that house.”

Jaebum and Yugyeom look at each other and Jaebum said, “Really? You boys all walked out of that house with no masks on. Now whether that is real, I’m not sure. But, we are going to go inside and get Youngjae.”

Yugyeom smiles and says, “Youngjae!”

Zico and s turned to look behind them and there stood Youngjae. He just glared ahead of him. Zico and s moved to the side as Youngjae walked toward Jaebum and Yugyeom. He stopped a few feet from them and just looked at them.

Yugyeom walked over and touched Youngjae’s shoulder and all of a sudden, Youngjae grabbed Yugyeom’s arm and flipped him on his back, knocking the air out of him.

Jaebum says, “Youngjae, what the hell are you doing? Yugyeom is a friend of yours.”

Youngjae narrows his eyes at Jaebum and starts to walk toward him. He grabs Jaebum by the neck and throws him to the ground. Jaebum coughs and stands up as he walks behind the car.

Youngjae looks at BamBam. 2PM aim their guns at Youngjae.

BamBam holds up his hand and says, “Hold your fire. It’s Youngjae.”

Nichkhun says, “But, BamBam. He could kill you.”

BamBam nods and says, “I know. But, he won’t.”

Taecyeon says, “Sir, Zico and his men escaped. They are running back to the house.”

BamBam looks past Youngjae and says, “Those cowards.”

BamBam looks at Youngjae and says, “Youngjae, it’s me BamBam.”

Youngjae narrows his eyes at BamBam and steps closer to him. Suddenly he grabs BamBam by the neck and lifts him off the ground. BamBam tries to get Youngjae to let him go. 2PM aim their guns at Youngjae, but Jaebum and Yugyeom push their guns down.

Jaebum says, “It’s Youngjae. You can’t shoot him.”

Jackson, Shinhwa, BTS, and B.A.P were watching what was happening. He’s running in his mind what to do as he sees Youngjae squeezing the neck of BamBam. Jackson shook his head and ran out of his hiding spot. Shinhwa tried to grab him but failed.

“YOUNGJAE!”

Youngjae, 2PM, BamBam, Jaebum, and Yugyeom looked over and saw Jackson walking towards them.

Jaebum and Yugyeom were surprised to see Jackson. Jaebum said, “Jackson, what are you doing here?”

Jackson looked at Jaebum and said, “I could ask you the same thing...traitor.”

Jackson walked over to Youngjae and said, “Youngjae...it’s me. Ka Yee.”

Youngjae let BamBam drop and he looks at Jackson and says, “Ka Yee.”

Jackson nods and steps back when Youngjae steps forward. Jaebum and Yugyeom help BamBam up.

BamBam says, “Jaebum, is that Prince Ka Yee?”

Jaebum nods and says, “Yeah. He was supposed to be hiding, but he’s here.”

BamBam says, “He’s going to fight Youngjae?”

They watched the little dance Youngjae and Jackson were doing as they were squaring off. Youngjae was slowly starting to shed his skin and turning into a leopard. But, a leopard that stands on two legs. Jackson’s eyes went wide as he watched. This wasn’t the same Youngjae he remembers. They screwed him up.

Youngjae lunged at him but Jackson moved out of the way. Jackson said, “I’m not going to fight you. Stop this, Youngjae. We are friends.”

Youngjae growled and said, “I have no friends. I’m here to protect my master.”

Jackson shook his head and said, “You have no master. Zico and the Federation are NOT your master. You are NOT a shifter.”

Youngjae growled and lunged at him again. Jackson rolled away from him. Youngjae kept lunging at Jackson and each time Jackson moved out of his way. This was going on for a while when Jackson had his back to the house and he heard his name called.

“Prince Ka Yee!”

Jackson turned around to see Zico, Block B, and Mark standing there. Jackson’s eyes were wide but he didn’t see Youngjae even though Jaebum and Yugyeom yelled for him. Youngjae stabbed Jackson in the back with his claws causing Jackson to cry out in pain. Jackson touched his back and looked at his hands and they had blood on them. He looked over at Youngjae and narrowed his eyes at him.

Jackson said, “Okay, you want to do it the hard way. I’m not playing around anymore.”

Jackson took off his jacket and he growled as he suddenly changed into a sleep black wolf with yellow eyes. The leopard and wolf faced each other and started to fight.

The leopard and wolf fought took and nail against each other. They picked each other up and threw them on the ground. They scratched, bit, and stabbed each other until they were bleeding from many parts of the body. Growls were heard from both creatures.

Zico and Block B couldn’t believe what they were seeing. They knew that Jackson was a dog, but the last thing they thought was a wolf.

The wolf and the leopard were fighting but the wolf was a little more stronger than the leopard. They were kicking up dust, and dirt as they fought each other. Finally, the wolf got the leopard on the ground and was ready to lunge at the neck of the leopard. Zico and his men pulled out their guns and aimed them at the wolf. Suddenly, there was a yell.

“I DARE YOU TO TRY IT!”

Zico looked over and saw Shinhwa, B.A.P, and BTS standing there with their guns aimed at Block B. Zico’s eyes went wide and he said, “Yi Eun! Shinhwa.”

Mark turned to look at Shinhwa and growled as he started to change into a black and orange tiger. He lunged at them, but they were not about to shoot Mark. They had to get out of the way from the tiger. Zico was watching what was going on. Zico looked at BamBam and saw 2PM aim their guns at Zico and Block B. Suddenly there was a war going on between 2PM and Block B, and the shifters.

Yongguk spoke in the microphone and said, “Zelo, NOW!”

Inside the mansion...

Everyone was watching the fight that broke out. Zelo slunk back and went looking in Zico’s laboratory to find the antidote for the shifters. As he was looking he heard a noise and turned to see Jinyoung, Namjoon, and Jungkook standing there and ready to strike. They were changing shape. Jinyoung turned into a cougar, Jungkook turned into a brown bear, and Namjoon turned into a panther. They growled as they were watching Zelo.

Zelo stood there and said, “Guys, come on. I’m here to help you.”

Zelo started to fight the shifters. For an Android this was a challenge for him. The bear had claws that could slice through anything. They were pretty much ripping apart the laboratory. Zelo trying to keep away from the shifters.

A war was going on outside the gate along with a war going on inside the house. The Federation didn’t know which ones to watch. But, unlike the shifters, Zelo knew martial arts. He was able to take down the cougar, bear, and panther with no problem. But, he kept looking through to find the antidote. He soon was back in the corner and ready to defend himself when he heard a voice from across the room.

“Are you looking for this?”

Zelo looked and saw Jason holding a vial and Jason said, “This vial that I’m holding is the one that will help the shifters. But, you won’t be able to have it. You will have to kill them in order to take it from me.”

Zelo pushed past the shifters and made his way toward Jason. He fought Jason along with the shifters in order to get to the vial. Zelo could hear Yongguk through the microphone telling him to hurry up.

Outside...

Yongguk moved to the side and looked at the other B.A.P members and said, “Zelo isn’t responding. I have a feeling that he’s in a fight. We have to get to him.”

Daehyun nodded and he ran over to the computer and put in coordinates and said, “I got the blue prints of the mansion. There’s an underground passageway. Let them deal with things out here. We need to get to the others.”

B.A.P snuck away and ran toward a covered door. They opened it and walked inside. It was dark and dank and they eventually found the stairs that led up into the house. They saw the coast was clear and walked into the house. They looked around for where Zelo was at. They heard a commotion going on down the hallway. They ran over to the commotion and couldn’t believe what they saw. Zelo held down by a cougar, bear, and panther. Jason standing over by him and aiming his gun at Zelo.

Yongguk jumped and pulled Jason down just as he fired a shot and missed. B.A.P fought with Jason and got the syringe and vial away from him. Himchan shot Jason in the head. They turned just as the bear reared up and dug its huge claws into Zelo’s back. Zelo cried out as he felt the bear tearing apart his insides. Yongguk looks and sees green liquid coming out of Zelo. They watched as Zelo’s eyes closed and he became still.

Yongguk stood there and couldn’t believe what he seeing. Himchan, Daehyun, Youngjae, and Jongup grabbed the syringes and vials and went after the shifters. The shifters fought them but one by one Himchan was able to inject the bear, cougar, and panther with the antidote. No sooner than they did, the shifters started to shift back into humans. B.A.P high-fived each other and smiled as they looked at the human bodies of the shifters and knew they succeeded. They turned and their faces dropped.

Zelo was dead.

Outside...

The fight was still ongoing. Except most of 2PM were lying dead on the pavement from Zico and Block B. P.O was shot in the arm, Jaehyo was shot in the leg but they still fought on. Zico and Block B kept firing and soon caused a leak in the limo. BamBam, Nichkhun, Jaebum, and Yugyeom jumped out of the way as Zico fired at the gas and exploded the limo. Zico and Block B aimed their guns at BamBam, Jaebum, Yugyeom, Nichkhun, Taecyeon, and Jun K.

Zico said, “I’ve had it. I’m ending this right here.”

Zico looked over and brought his gun up. He aimed and fired. The wolf yelped and fell to the ground as the leopard stood there looking down at the wolf. Slowly the wolf was turning back into a Jackson. His back was bleeding from the bullet wound.

Youngjae started to change back into his human form as he knelt down in front of Jackson. Even though he hasn’t gotten the antidote he sees Jackson. His heart breaks for Jackson. Youngjae looks up and sees Zico he aims his gun and he sees that Zico is going to shoot cat. He jumps up and pushes the cat just as Zico fires the gun. The cat stands up and sees Youngjae on the ground gasping for breath as a red spot was forming on Youngjae’s chest. Blood was pouring out of Youngjae’s chest as the cat looked at Youngjae.

Shinhwa and BTS ran over and shot at Zico and his men. It wasn’t long before Zico and Block B were no more. They were officially dead. They stood there and looked at the many bodies and turned around the see Mark had changed he looked at Youngjae and then he looked over and his face paled. He ran over and saw Jackson. He grabbed Jackson’s hand.

Jackson was gasping for breath and said, “Yi Eun...I’m...sorry.”

Mark shook his head and said, “Shhh, don’t talk. You’ll be fine.”

Jackson said, “No...I’m not. I’m...sorry...I couldn’t...protect you.”

Mark was crying as he pleaded for Jackson to stay with him.

BTS and Shinhwa turned to see B.A.P walk out with an unconscious Namjoon, Jinyoung, and Jungkook. The put them in one of the cars. They saw Yongguk walking out with the body of Zelo. Yongguk’s eyes were red from crying. He laid Zelo on the ground. He saw Youngjae bleeding, while BamBam was trying to keep the blood from flowing. He looked over and saw Mark crying as he was hunched over Jackson.

Daehyun wasn’t about to wait, he injected Youngjae with the antidote, then he walked over to Jackson and Mark and did the same thing. But, neither of them noticed. Jaebum and Yugyeom had tears in their eyes as they watched Jackson slowly losing the fight. Mark crying out and pleading for him to stay.

Jackson pulled Mark down and said something, then he went limp. Mark stared at Jackson’s limp form and cried out in pain. He kept calling Jackson’s name, but Jackson was no more.

They looked at the bodies of their comrades and hung their heads.

After an hour of hearing Mark cry his heart out, they had to sedate him. They all piled into the cars, as BamBam, Nichkhun, Taecyeon and Jun K got into one of Zico’s cars and drove back to the Shinhwa mansion.

The ones who are alive walk into the house and are instantly taken care of by the maids and Jea. The dead were taken to the medical rooms in the basement. The bodies of Jackson, Youngjae, and Zelo were laid on the cold silver surfaces of the exam tables.

Mark and Yongguk were sedated and laid to rest in their beds. While everyone else was being treated by Dongwan and Yugyeom. When their wounds were healed they hung out in the living room.

Everyone was quiet because they were mourning for their comrades.

BTS were happy to finally be together once more. They were busy chatting and happy to see each other. Junjin was happy to have Jinyoung back. Jinyoung was happy to see Jimin and Junjin.

B.A.P, Jaebum, BamBam, Nichkhun, Taecyeon, and Jun K were busy sulking from their fallen comrades.

Dongwan and Yugyeom had left the room and walked down into the basement. They looked at the people laying on the tables.

Dongwan and Yugyeom looked at each other.

 

To be continued...

Author's Note...

What did you think of the story? I know this was a little rushed and short compared to the other ones. But, my heart broke with the death of Jackson, Zelo, and Youngjae.

But what is Dongwan and Yugyeom doing?

 

If you like the story and/or chapter, please...

 

                                    SUBSCRIBE...COMMENT...UPVOTE!!!