Chapter 18

To Protect...or Die to Protect

Yugyeom walked over to Zelo and saw the mess Jungkook made when he became the bear. Yugyeom knew that they wouldn’t be able to help Zelo as seeing he is an Android. He started to walk to one of the other that was dead when Dongwan stopped him.

“Yugyeom, we should at least try with Zelo.”

Yugyeom looked at him and said, “Hyung, we can’t. He’s an Android.”

Dongwan shook his head and said, “It doesn’t matter. I want to try.”

Yugyeom sighed and went over to stand on the left side of Zelo, while Dongwan stood on the right side of Zelo. They looked at each other and then held their hands out.

Dongwan and Yugyeom held hands and closed their eyes as they chanted the words for bringing someone back to life. Suddenly, their hands started to glow yellow. They opened their eyes and looked down as they pulled their hands apart and laid their palms on Zelos’ chest. Zelo started to glow as the wound started to heal itself. The fascinating part was that out of nowhere, green blood was slowing filling up inside of Zelo. They kept on the chanting and trying to fix up Zelo when after an hour of getting him patched up, they pulled away from Zelo and looked at him.

Dongwan and Yugyeom looked at each other and they were sweating from the amount of energy they had used. Yugyeom stood there reached under Zelo’s neck and found a button. He pressed the button and they waited.

At first, they didn’t see anything happening, and then suddenly, they saw Zelo’s chest rise and fall. They smiled and couldn’t believe what they’ve done. They have never brought a nonliving being back from the dead.

Yugyeom looked at Zelo and said, “Zelo?”

Zelo opened his eyes and sat up. He looked at Yugyeom and Dongwan and said, “Where am I?”

Dongwan smiled and said, “You’re safe in the Shinhwa mansion. How do you feel, Zelo?”

Zelo smiled and said, “I feel alive. And by the way, my name is Joonhong.”

Dongwan and Yugyeom looked at each other and smiled as Dongwan said, “Welcome back, Joonhong. Lay here and rest, until you feel well enough to go back upstairs and sit with the rest of your group.”

Joonhong said, “Where’s Yongguk hyung?”

Dongwan said, “Yongguk was devastated when he saw you hurt. He’s in his bedroom sleeping.”

Joonhong nodded and said, “Well, I’m going to go to him. He needs to see that I’m all right.”

Dongwan and Yugyeom watched as he walked out of the room and back upstairs. They looked at the other people and sighed. They walked over to Youngjae and did the same process. They stood and held hands while they had their eyes closed. They chanted and then put their palms on Youngjae’s chest.

Meanwhile…

Joonhong walked up the stairs and opened the door leading to the kitchen. He couldn’t believe that he was alive. He doesn’t remember much as seeing when he becomes Zelo, he shuts everything out. All he remembers is the bear trying to kill him.

He walks over to the door leading into the living room and peeked out. He saw everyone except for Yongguk and Mark. He sighed and walked into the living room. Everyone heard the door open and they were expecting to see Yugyeom and Dongwan. They were not prepared to see Joonhong.

Jong Up said, “Z…Zelo? How can this be? We saw that you were dead.”

Joonhong smiled and said, “Dongwan hyung and Yugyeom was able to help me. Oh, and my name is Joonhong.”

Jong Up ran over to Joonhong and wrapped his arms around him. He had tears in his eyes and so happy to have Joonhong back. The other B.A.P members walked over and hugged him as well.

Joonhong looked at Himchan and said, “How bad is Yongguk hyung?”

Himchan sighed and said, “We had to get him sedated in order for us to transport him here. He will be very happy to see you are well.”

Joonhong nodded and said, “Well, I want to go and see him.”

BamBam looked at him and said, “If you’re fine, then what about Youngjae?”

Joonhong said, “They are working on Youngjae hyung and Prince Ka Yee.”

BamBam sighed and sat back down, as Joonhong walked up the stairs to find Yongguk.

Nichkhun tried to comfort BamBam and said, “Kunpimook, don’t worry. Youngjae will be fine.”

BamBam looks at Nichkhun and says, “I know. But, I feel like I failed him. This wasn’t supposed to happen like this.”

For the next few hours, everyone waited to see what was going to happen. Yongguk had woken up and was so delighted to see Joonhong alive. Yongguk came down and he took the rest of B.A.P and went into another room so they could talk to each other. But, Shinhwa and BTS didn’t leave BamBam, Taecyeon, Jun.K, or Nichkhun. They wanted to be there for them in this tough time.

Suddenly, they heard the door open again and they looked over and gasped. There was standing Youngjae. He had dried blood on his clothes, but he was smiling and happy. BamBam ran over to Youngjae and put his arms around Youngjae.

BamBam brought him over to the sofa and they all talked about what happened. Youngjae couldn’t really remember all that much that happened.

Jinyoung said, “Did you see Prince Ka Yee?”

Youngjae nodded and said, “Yes. They were working on him. But, he was more severely hurt than I was.”

Jin, Minwoo, and Andy’s eyes filled with tears. They remembered the smiling Jackson and the clingy Mark, but they know they won’t see that again. Jackson was dead.

In the basement…

Dongwan and Yugyeom had to rest. They used up a lot of their energy. They walked up the stairs and opened the door. Everyone stood up expecting to see Jackson, but they gasped when Dongwan and Yugyeom walked into the room.

Jin fell apart. He started to sob as Namjoon tried to console him.

Junjin said, “Hyung? You couldn’t revive Jackson?”

Dongwan shook his head and said, “It’s not that. Yugyeom and I need to rest. We used a LOT of our energy on Joonhong and then went straight to Youngjae.”

Junjin nodded and he looked over at a sobbing Jin and saw Minwoo and Andy holding each other as tears filled their eyes.

Junjin looked over at Dongwan and said, “Mark is going to be devastated when he finds out that Jackson isn’t awake.”

Dongwan nodded and said, “I know. We just need to get our energy back before we deal with Jackson. We are going to lay down for a while. Take care of Mark if he should come down.”

They nodded as Dongwan and Yugyeom walked out of the room and back down into the basement to lay down.

In the living room…

Andy wiped his eyes and spoke, “I’m going upstairs to be with Mark. He’s going to need someone to comfort him while we are waiting. Not to mention keep his mind off Jackson.”

Andy stood up as they watched him walk up the stairs. He walked down the hall and found Mark’s room. He stood in front of the door and tried to get himself calm. Then he knocked on the door. He knew there would be no answer. He opened the door and looked in the room. He didn’t want to turn the light on, because he didn’t know if Mark was still sleeping.

Andy walked over to the bed and looked but gasped when he didn’t see Mark in the bed. He heard a growl behind him. He turned around and saw green eyes looking at him. He walked over to the drapes and flung them open. There standing in the room was a tiger. The tiger growled at Andy.

Andy said, “Mark, I know it’s you. Please, calm down.”

The tiger growled again as Andy moved toward the tiger. The tiger opened its mouth and tried to clamp its powerful jaws onto Andy. Andy was fast enough to dodge the tiger and he ran out of the room just as the tiger ran out of the room. It followed Andy down the stairs. Andy cried out as everyone stood up to look. They gasped as a tiger ran down the stairs and stood in front of the group. Andy had ran behind Shinhwa.

Andy said, “It’s Mark. He must be more emotional than before.”

B.A.P heard the commotion and went to investigate. They were shocked to see a black and orange tiger standing in the living room looking at the group. The tiger turned its head and looked at B.A.P, suddenly the tiger growled at them and lunged at B.A.P. They scattered as Yongguk ran over to Shinhwa. They told him that it was Mark.

All the time they were busy trying to keep Mark from hurting them. Dongwan and Yugyeom decided to try and help Jackson.

They stood on each side of him and held hands. They closed their eyes and chanted. Their hands started to glow yellow and then they opened their eyes and put their palms on his chest. They watched as the wounds were slowly healing up. The healing process was a little slower because they did not have their full energy back.

Yugyeom heard something breaking upstairs and he looked up. Dongwan looks at Yugyeom and said, “Focus! Don’t let anything else distract you. We need to get this taken care of.”

Yugyeom looked back down at Jackson and they continued with the healing. It took them almost two hours to finally see the wound completely close.

Yugyeom and Dongwan sat down and closed their eyes as they were satisfied with their work. Yugyeom opened his eyes to see the door close as he looked over at Dongwan and said, “What do you think is going to happen?”

Dongwan sighed and said, “Well, from the sound of it, Mark is probably up and he’ll find out soon enough how wrong it is to turn into an animal and destroy the house because of Jackson.”

Yugyeom looks at Dongwan and says, “Do you think we should help them?”

Dongwan shook his head and said, “No. Let them deal with it.”

Meanwhile upstairs...

The tiger was creating a disaster upstairs. Vases were shattered, furniture was overturned, and holes were in walls. The tiger had finally grabbed Jong Up by the leg and dragged him into the living room as he was kicking and screaming at the tiger. The tiger let him go and was over him and ready to bite into him, when there was a gasp from behind the tiger. The tiger saw movement on the right side of him and when he turned he wasn’t prepared to having someone punch him in the face. The tiger growled and staggered back. After a few more punches, the tiger turned back into Mark. He was and sitting on the floor with a bleeding lip and bruises on his cheek. He looked up to see Jackson standing over him and fuming.

Jackson glared at him and said, “What the do you think you’re doing?! How DARE you go after someone? Didn’t I tell you to control your shift?!”

Mark opened his mouth and said, “But, Jackson...B.A.P...”

Jackson shook his head and said, “I don’t want to hear it. You disappoint me, Yi Eun.”

Mark cowered down when Jackson said his real name. He looked at the floor as Jackson scolded him. Jackson was so upset with Mark that he slapped the stair wall causing Mark to flinch. Jackson said, “I come back to see you fighting with B.A.P and creating a disaster. I did NOT bust you out of the Federation for you to act like this!”

Suddenly, Jackson looked over and saw Jin walk over to Mark and kneel in front of him. He looked up at Jackson and said, “How could you act like this toward Mark?”

Jackson said, “What? What are you talking about hyung? Take a look at what Mark did.”

Jin sighed and helped Mark to stand up. He looked over at Andy and said, “Can you take him upstairs to his room, hyung?”

Andy nodded and said, “Sure. Come Mark.”

Mark kept his head down as he walked with Andy back up to his bedroom.

Jin waited for Mark to be out of earshot and looked at Jackson and said, “You have NO idea what Mark is going through. B.A.P were assassins at the time. They were trying to capture Mark and bring him to the Federation. He didn’t know they were undercover.”

Jackson looked at Yongguk and saw him nod.

Jin then said, “Then Mark, was captured by the Federation, causing him to turn into an animal. Not to mention, he sees you dying. His emotions got the better of him. I’m not happy that he destroyed the house, but he has every reason to be this way. He lost his brother.” Jin walks in front of Jackson as he said, “Mark might be afraid of you because of this. You’re going to have to be patient with him now.”

Jackson sighed and he was feeling a little calmer as he said, “Maybe I should talk to him.”

As Jackson walked towards the stairs, Yongguk grabbed his arm and shook his head as he said, “Let him be. Andy hyung has been with him while you were not here. Let him calm down Mark and then we’ll see what happens.”

Jackson sighed and said, “I screwed everything up, didn’t I?”

Yongguk nodded as he said, “Yeah, you did. But, let’s give Mark time to adjust and then you can apologize and hopefully everything will be better.”

Jea walks in and says, “What in the world happened here? Why does this place look like a disaster?”

Eric stood up and said, “Don’t worry about it, Jea. We’ll clean it up. Mark was having some issues.”

Jea sighed and said, “I’ll have to talk to him next time.”

Jea turned around and walked back into the kitchen. Eric walked over to Jackson and said, “Mark has been worried about you since you left the house. That’s all he ever talks about. He was scared because of B.A.P, and then he saw you die right in front of him. Emotional things tend to make people turn into monsters sometimes. I know you’re upset with Mark. We are too, but right now, he’s an emotional wreck that needs patience.”

A few hours later, Andy walks down with red around the eyes. Minwoo stands up and guides Andy to the sofa and says, “So, how is he?”

Andy sniffled and said, “He’s so broken. He kept saying that Ka Yee is angry at him and that he doesn’t want Mark anymore.”

Jackson stood up and said, “What? Why would he say that? I’m his brother.”

Jin pulled him to sit on the sofa and said, “Don’t interrupt.”

Andy said, “He is terribly sorry for the damage that he has caused and will accept any punishment we will give him. I told him that we won’t.” Andy looks at Eric and says, “But, you’re the leader. What do you suggest?”

Eric sighed and looked at Jackson and then looked at everyone else and says, “Well, I’m not too good in making people do things around the house. I think we should consult with Jea. Maybe she can find some work for him to do to occupy his mind but also pay for the damage.”

Minwoo said, “Hyung, how would Mark pay for that? He has no money.”

Eric nodded and said, “I know that. It’s basically like being grounded. He can’t go anywhere, while he’s here. And if he does want to go anywhere, he has to have someone go with him.”

Jackson said, “What about me? I could help him.”

Andy looks at Jackson and said, “Right now, you’re the last person he wants to see.”

Jackson sighed and hung his head. Jin put his arm around Jackson’s shoulders and says, “Don’t worry. Mark will be back to the way he was before. Just give him time.”

Jackson looked at Andy and said, “He literally called me Ka Yee?”

Andy nodded and said, “Yes. Well, you did use his real name too. So, he felt that because he got in trouble, he should use your real name as well.”

Jackson sighed again and said, “I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to explode at Mark. He’s the last person I wanted to get mad at.”

Jin said, “Don’t worry. Mark will be back the way he was before. He’s just going to need time.”

Jackson nodded and said, “I know.”

Later that night, everyone had gone to sleep. Jackson was downstairs sitting and drinking some tea. He was looking out the window and sighed. He turned his head when he heard a noise and was surprised to see Mark walk into the kitchen.

Mark looked over at Jackson and bit his lip. He hasn’t said a word to Jackson since he blew up at Mark. Mark sighed and turned around to go back out of the kitchen when he heard Jackson behind him.

“Mark. Don’t leave.”

Mark stood there but didn’t turn around. Mark knows he’s being selfish for getting upset at Jackson, but what do you expect? Mark saw his brother die in front of him, he knew B.A.P were bad news and now they are here as friends, and then Jackson blows up at him because he didn’t realize what was going on. Now, Jackson wants to be friends again?

Jackson stood up and walked closer but made sure there was some distance between them. Jackson sighed and said, “Mark, look. I’m sorry that I exploded at you. I…I didn’t realize that you didn’t know B.A.P were spies. I thought you had already known.” Jackson looked at Mark’s back and bit his bottom lip as he said, “Please, Mark. I don’t want us to fight. We are supposed to help each other out. I’m sorry, Mark.”

Mark had tears in his eyes as he heard Jackson pleading. Tears ran down his face as he stood there listening. He was thinking of just leaving the kitchen and not talking to him, but Jackson was right. They need to help each other out. Mark sighed again as he heard sniffles behind him. Mark slowly turned around and his eyes widened. There was Jackson on his knees with his head bowed quietly crying. Mark’s heart broke seeing this. Jackson doesn’t cry very often and he always tries to show that he’s manly. Mark sighed and slowly walked over to Jackson and knelt in front of him. He wrapped his arms around Jackson and held him tightly.

Mark said, “You’re right, Jackson. We need to help each other out. I was angry at you for yelling at me. I didn’t want to see you, but now seeing you…. breaking apart in front of me.”

Mark pulled away and lifted Jackson’s chin so that he’s looking into Jackson’s eyes and he wiped the tears from Jackson’s cheeks and said, “I forgive you. You are my brother after all. I can’t stay mad at you forever. I love you with all my heart.”

Jackson broke down even more as he grabbed Mark’s waist and wrapped his arms around him. Mark and Jackson stayed locked into each other’s arms as they cried and sniffled. They were finally making up and Jackson was happy that Mark didn’t hate him anymore.

They slowly pulled away when they heard a voice behind them. Mark turned to see Andy kneeling next to them. Andy put a hand on Mark’s back and said, “I heard you both out here. Is everything all right?”

Mark nodded as he sniffled and wiped his eyes with the back of his hand and said, “Yeah. We just made up.”

Andy smiled and said, “That’s good. I’m glad to hear that. I was hoping you both would make up eventually. Now, if everything is better, I want both of you in bed. You both need to rest.”

Mark nodded as he and Jackson stood up and bowed to Andy. They walked hand in hand up the stairs and into their bedroom. Andy turned to see Minwoo walk over and he said, “I told you. Mark would never be able to stay mad at Jackson for long. He’s got too much of a soft heart.”

Minwoo snickered and said, “Not only that. Who wouldn’t fall for Jackson’s crying? He’s so cute especially when he’s pleading.”

Andy lightly punched Minwoo in the chest and said, “You’re mean. He was crying for his brother. Come, we need to go to bed.”

Andy shut the kitchen light off and went to bed.

The rest of the night was quiet and peaceful.

 

To be continued…

 

Author’s Note:

I do want to apologize for not updating, but I’ve been so busy with school, work, and other things. I do have to be honest that for a moment I lost interest in the story and had writer’s block. But, for some reason, I found some inspiration to finish this chapter. I still am planning on making the story to Chapter 20.

You will see a surprise next chapter. You’ll find out when I write it and post it. I’m going to try and make this a double update if I can.

 

If you enjoy the story so far please…

 

                                                SUBSCRIBE…COMMENT…UPVOTE!!!